Hi my name is Ermin and this is my Fiero by XThirtySeven
Started on: 08-06-2013 10:25 PM
Replies: 20 (635 views)
Last post by: Dotrenrew on 08-08-2013 11:33 AM
XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm glad to finally be a member of the Fiero Scene. I've always admired quirky cars and have had an itch for something not many people drive. My introduction to Fieros started off trough my love of Volkswagens. As most of you know, VWs and Fieros share the same wheel pattern. So when I was searching Craigslist for 5x100 wheels and stumbled upon a set of 15x7 Fiero Mesh wheels for $100 I was super stoked. Little did I know that this purchase would be a big turning point in my car scene addiction. I pulled up with my friend in his Ford Lightning clone to a house with a Black Fiero out front and a red one in the garage. We were greeted by a nice man named Carl. Carl began showing us his gorgeous red Fiero in the garage and told us a little about his build and what he does with Fieros. I was instantly hooked and swore to myself I would go and find myself a Fiero. Fast forward 8 months, the sale of my 1997 Jetta and a Career change put me in the position to buy another project. I was banished into my little cubicle at work since it was a slow day and I was to make a bunch of calls I didnt feel like making. So instead I fired up craigslist and typed in "FIERO". What happened in the next 3 hours was a bit of a blur to me. Between finding a running and driving 88 in decent shape and forking over a measly $1300 for it, I was suddenly on my way home with my engine in the trunk and sunroof in the front. So far its been a great deal of fun even with its funky shifter and floaty front end. I cant wait to start tearing into it and giving it some love and a 3800 motor along with some interior and exterior modifications. My wife thinks I'm crazy and my friends are laughing but I have no regrets.

The Fiero
http://i693.photobucket.com...csay_zpsf48b609a.jpg

My Current Daily 2010 VW CC 2.0T 6 Speed R Line

The project that had to go to make room for the new 1997 VW Jetta VR6
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

In its prime

[This message has been edited by XThirtySeven (edited 08-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to our obsession!
If you don't get the "obsession" part, you will. Trust me. Your life will never be the same.

I see that you cut right to the chase and went for the "holy grail". That being an 88 GT. (I'll catch a lot of flack for that comment. )

You probably won't run into a problem that hasn't been run into previously. It's all probably been discussed here.
Again... welcome!

Edit - Nice V-Dubs! They're cool cars. Have almost the same kind of obsessive following that Fieros do.
(I'm looking at BRZs for a similar reason as you found the Fiero. All of my spare "fancy wheels" will bolt right on. )
------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-07-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XThirtySeven:

My wife thinks I'm crazy and my friends are laughing but I have no regrets.

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see that you cut right to the chase and went for the "holy grail". That being an 88 GT. (I'll catch a lot of flack for that comment. )

Get your pitchforks and torches everyone! Its flame war time!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A guy named Carl?
That wouldn't happen to be Carl Clevenger?
I already knew about the bolt pattern similarity. There is a guy in our club who showed up to a meeting one night with his Jetta and I noticed he had Fiero honeycomb wheels on it.

88 is a good choice..For $1300 you probably have a few things to fix. Time to get aquainted with your Fiero.
On a negative note, I'm not a fan of VW water pumpers. Interesting cars (I like the VR6 Corrodo myself) but I major issues with the bizzare engineering and quality issues. The wife has a Cabrio and I swear at it whenever working on it.
Other than that negative detail, welcome to the Forum!
Kit
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Truly not necessary. I have lots of favorite Fieros that are neither GTs or 88s. I don't discriminate. They're all Fieros.
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the welcome everyone. The obsession has already started, I've spent the last 2 days making a wishlist for the car, I gotta say this is a much pricier hobby than VW. And yes Carl Clevenger (CC Rider) is the guy who got me into this.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for the welcome everyone. The obsession has already started, I've spent the last 2 days making a wishlist for the car, I gotta say this is a much pricier hobby than VW. And yes Carl Clevenger (CC Rider) is the guy who got me into this.

Pricier? In the sense that less parts are available aftermerket maybe due to less demand?
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome from a mk2 Jetta owner. No Fiero yet though
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Pricier? In the sense that less parts are available aftermerket maybe due to less demand?

I think its due to the fact that most Fiero parts arent mass produced and are mostly hand made Fiberglass vs ABS Plastic mass produced made in china VW parts. Its more of a niche market than VW. Nevertheless any car scene you go to you have to pay to play.
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did someone call my name?
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Did someone call my name?

Well hello sir.
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the fiero family my first car is my fiero gt that's a 86 gt she had 33xxx thousand miles out of my neighbors backyard and paid 1500 bucks. Nothing wrong with her but the headlight motors but threw it all best 1500 I've ever spent
Bixby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BixbySend a Private Message to BixbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its funny how many Fiero owners have a VW as well. Guess its good to have one reliable car that gets good mileage when you drive a Fiero =p
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to you. It is an obsession like previous people have said. I had my last one 13 years ago in high school. I was itching to get another the whole time until I started making good money and the wife told me to go for it. Been working on rebuilding it every day bit by bit for the last 2 months, and it'll never stop. I'll drive it til it falls apart beneath me and find another! I hope you really enjoy yours for what it is. And don't get overly frustrated at it if problems arise (they will). There are lots of good people here to help you solve any issue you may come across. Cheers!

~James
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most frustration I have about my Fiero is which body modifications to do to it. There are so many different fronts and rears and sides I want but its hard picking just 1. Is there a photo shop thread? I want to try some stuff out
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a photo shop thread? I want to try some stuff out

Yep, right Here. Lots to look at!

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

Sorry for sounding so harsh I waas just messin around with ya ray. To the op welcome to the fold!!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the obsession.
Seeing that you're into VW's, have you seen these threads?
VR6 https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000014.html
TDI https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082918.html
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the scene from another V-Dub lover.

You will like it here. Everyone is very friendly and a little bit crazy. But it's fun and you will learn a lot.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave