Anybody from Georgia? by fierogtlt1
Started on: 07-29-2013 04:09 PM
Replies: 40 (675 views)
Last post by: Rodrv6 on 03-17-2014 10:22 AM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me and my wife have decided to move to Georgia.Are there any Fiero clubs that are active and supportive as in builds,tech days,
meetings,cruises and a forum for interacting with other Georgia
Fiero lovers besides Pennock's?Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Georgia Fiero Club is quite active...we would love to have you. What part of Georgia?
http://www.gafiero.org/
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

The Georgia Fiero Club is quite active...we would love to have you. What part of Georgia?
http://www.gafiero.org/
North Georgia..

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our members cover the northern half of Georgia, Western North Carolina (CowsPatoot), and Northeast Alabama. Go to the website CowsPatoot posted, then left side click Message Board, then next page click New Forum. Register with your username and as soon as I get notification I'll approve you. There will be sections you can't see unless you are a dues paying member and are logged in.

Some club benefits include auto parts discounts, loaner vehicle and loaner tools, and a bunch of helpful people.

Charlie
Chairman
Board of Directors
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi fierogtlt1,
The Georgia Fiero Club holds meetings every 2nd Saturday of the month. There are details on where, with maps, on the site linked Cowspatoot's message above. You are more than welcome to attend whether you become a dues-paying member or not. And as for "tech days", sometimes we hold them right there in the parking lot of the diner where we have our meetings. Sometimes the "tech days" are completely unplanned -- If a car breaks down at the meeting, our members will work on it right then and there.
Pat
Club President
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:
North Georgia..

Very beautiful area.
I've had some interactions with the GA guys and all of them have been positive / helpful.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Our members cover the northern half of Georgia, Western North Carolina (CowsPatoot), and Northeast Alabama. Go to the website CowsPatoot posted, then left side click Message Board, then next page click New Forum. Register with your username and as soon as I get notification I'll approve you. There will be sections you can't see unless you are a dues paying member and are logged in.

Some club benefits include auto parts discounts, loaner vehicle and loaner tools, and a bunch of helpful people.

Charlie
Chairman
Board of Directors

Thank You very much...I will do that within the hour.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Hi fierogtlt1,
The Georgia Fiero Club holds meetings every 2nd Saturday of the month. There are details on where, with maps, on the site linked Cowspatoot's message above. You are more than welcome to attend whether you become a dues-paying member or not. And as for "tech days", sometimes we hold them right there in the parking lot of the diner where we have our meetings. Sometimes the "tech days" are completely unplanned -- If a car breaks down at the meeting, our members will work on it right then and there.
Pat
Club President
. Thank You for the information...Can't wait to get there.I am going to sign up on the Georgia forum.

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For your convenience, a direct link to the forum.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
North Georgia is a great place to meet Fiero people. I live in NC and we have been playing with the GA crowd since 2009, when I got my first Fiero. They are a great group, and it looks like you showed up just in time; their annual event, Run for the Hills, is in planning stages. Mark your calendar for Sept 20-22.

------------------
A good man is hard to find...but a good Fiero mechanic is "rare".

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch !

Wow, sad to see you go Todd, but best of luck to you and your family on the move.

P.S. Now who the heck are we going to get to entertain Stan at the meetings ??
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still going this Thursday..
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked at some houses online today,but I need to see if someone can send me some of those free real estate guides they usually have at local retail
locations.Please let me know if you can help me out with this in any way.
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try here.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looked at some houses online today,but I need to see if someone can send me some of those free real estate guides they usually have at local retail
locations.Please let me know if you can help me out with this in any way.

What area are you wanting to live in?
I can't tell you where to go, but I can tell you lots of places NOT to.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a year there one afternoon
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I spent a year there one afternoon

As Johnny Mathis sang back in 1990---That Was The Best Day Of My Life".
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Our members cover the northern half of Georgia, Western North Carolina (CowsPatoot), and Northeast Alabama.

Charlie
Chairman
Board of Directors

Have you ever thought of expanding the group to cover the whole Southeast US? There are several forum members here in Northeast Tennessee.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

TopNotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The group is open to anyone.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just checked Google Maps and I'm 5 hours from your Run to the Hills meeting spot. Even further away from your normal meeting in Atlanta. I guess I'd better stay closer to home.

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jonathan, if you came down to Asheville, then went west on 40 to Waynesville and took 74 to Murphy then 19 south, you'd come right into Dahlonega at the hotel. There are several coming from central and south Florida. At least twice as far. The drive is worth it. CowsPatoot, WhiteAndNerdy and Fierefly are up in the Mooresville, NC area and ron768 is in Huntsville, Al. But this should be in the RFTH thread.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I will be making a trip to the Douglasville / Atlanta area
in January to look at some areas to move to and possibly look at some houses while we are there.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, if you can make it in here on the weekend of January 11 and 12, you could come to the club meeting on the 11th and meet some of the folk.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, if you can make it in here on the weekend of January 11 and 12, you could come to the club meeting on the 11th and meet some of the folk.

Thanks for the invite "fierofool".I will try to get there around that time of the month if possible.

oldbikeracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldbikeracerClick Here to visit oldbikeracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to oldbikeracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will like North Georgia. Lots of things to do and see and Spanish is not a required second language. The climate is much better than central Florida, people are more friendly, girls are prettier and beer is colder. I Live in South Georgia but get up North a few times a year. Welcome.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when you're gonna be in town. I live in D'ville.
I can give you some ideas about where to look.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Cool...Thank You very much Raydar.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by oldbikeracer:

I Live in South Georgia

You must be about 90 miles north of me.
But, alas, I no longer have a Fiero.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I found some houses in the Lakeridge subdivision off of 92......Is this a good neighborhood?

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are none of he Georgia Fiero Club members coming to Daytona this year? I posted that question already in the Daytona thread, but when seeing this thread, figured more people from Georgia would be reading it

It was the other night, when looking at the map of people attending, that I noticed not one single person from Georgia has registered to go to Daytona this year

If you are going to be able to make it, please fill out the Registration Form on the web site so we know who all is coming.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-22-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I found some houses in the Lakeridge subdivision off of 92......Is this a good neighborhood?

That's about 2 miles southeast of where I live.
I would try to go further north and further west. (Civilization encroaches...)

Try to stay north of Sweetwater Church Road or even Ridge Road.
Try to stay west of 92 (Douglasville - Hiram Highway.)

Don't look at "Paradise anything". It's a huge conglomeration of streets with a bunch of HUD / Section 8 homes.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-22-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's about 2 miles southeast of where I live.
I would try to go further north and further west. (Civilization encroaches...)

Try to stay north of Sweetwater Church Road or even Ridge Road.
Try to stay west of 92 (Douglasville - Hiram Highway.)

Don't look at "Paradise anything". It's a huge conglomeration of streets with a bunch of HUD / Section 8 homes.

Thank You for the info Raydar.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is it in the Conyer's area?
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How is it in the Conyer's area?

todd my wife is from conyers and my father in law lives there,
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

todd my wife is from conyers and my father in law lives there,
Cool....Thanks for the info Tony.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Conyers is a growing city. Largest in Rockdale County. Lots of good upscale homes around the edges and outskirts. Traffic isn't so bad unless you're driving the interstate during rush hour to and from Atlanta. I think there's only 1 major mall nearby. It's a short distance west in the next county. I don't believe they have any pubic transportation, but they do have an Express Commuter bus into Atlanta. I've heard they're pretty nice motor coaches with comfortable seating and a restroom aboard.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You for the info FieroFool
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to have to commute to Atlanta?
If not, that will open up your possibilities tremendously. We've been approaching this whole thing primarily as "rush hour travel time to/from Atlanta".

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-15-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you going to have to commute to Atlanta?
If not, that will open up your possibilities tremendously. We've been approaching this whole thing primarily as "rush hour travel time to/from Atlanta".

I am free to move anywhere in Georgia being that I am retired and my wife is a Cosmotologist.So she will just have to get
Cosmo license for Georgia and pretty much find a job anywhere.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock