87 GT Fastback - Build thread by KOS
Started on: 03-20-2013 09:47 AM
Replies: 198 (8113 views)
Last post by: KOS on 04-28-2017 10:19 AM
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some new stuff on the way!

And!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

IP: Logged
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple more pieces to the puzzle showed up today

And

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love this build. Inspires me to do my interior. That waterfall console is really nice. Cant wait to see that hatch and widebody go on.

------------------
I bought a Fiero because my friends said I shouldn't.

[This message has been edited by XThirtySeven (edited 09-21-2013).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man. Took a couple pics during the early evening to finally get some better light. Still a few odds n ends but I am going to drive it tomorrow

I cut the shifter down but looks like I need to go a little more

There are still details to finish up like the speaker wires need to be pushed up. Mount the bezels and the speaker tube. Few other little things. But it works and the stereo kicks, bluetooth phone, gps, full Internet. .pretty happy with it overall.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice build you have going.....what was the material you used for the interior sound deadening/heat blocking?....i looked to see if you mentioned what the material was but maybe i overlooked....thanks
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats on the widebody and hatch.

Gonna be watching this build !
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

nice build you have going.....what was the material you used for the interior sound deadening/heat blocking?....i looked to see if you mentioned what the material was but maybe i overlooked....thanks

Thanks! Here is the link to the stuff I used. EZ Cool I think I have most everything listed with links on my first post.

Thanks exoticse. Hopefully it will turn out well when I am done. It is the details that are going to be the biggest hurdle. I find the last details on my interior are dragging.

On the other hand it was fun driving it to work today though!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
I also added in 3 courtesy lights into the car. I have 2 blue lights on either side of the console. You can see it in this pic right in front of the drivers seat against the console sidewall. Have one on the other side and also have a white light that lights up the inside of the cup holders. If I get a chance I will take a pic of it at night. These lights only come on when I have the parking lights or headlights on.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 09-23-2013).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a night shot. Nice bright gauges! I do like the tablet but hindsight is 20/20. I should have gone with the sony bt3100 or similar head unit as sony has a great app that allows you to control the head unit completely from a tablet.

I have set up the tasker app to power on the tablet when the ignition is turned on an I use a car dock app for the display.it also connects to my phone and wireless hotspot automatically. I may look for a new app but this car dock app gives me gps speed, compass and time. Plus I can configure the buttons to whatever I want. So it is nice having Google maps internet radio and whatever else I can access via the internet. Plus I have it auto dim at night and brighter during the day.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 09-26-2013).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those gauges ARE nice and bright! It is really looking good!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. it's come a long way from the last time I read up on it. When can I drive it?!?!?
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DAN...Coming along Great!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
DAN...Coming along Great!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Dan, but dang you guys and your gadgets.
I`m wanting to build an old truck that has even fewer electronics than the sparse Fiero.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I like it for sure. Not the best interior out there but I more or less got what I wanted out of it. I am no pro that is for sure. At some point I think I will make some changes to how the tab is mounted and how the flip top works on it. I am also really considering getting a new headunit as well to use an app. Like I mentioned before the app is nice as you can control the head unit's FM radio etc. combine that with tasker and the car dock app and it will be a rock solid in car entertainment system.

The key is having the dual bluetooth. So I have one for my phone and one for the tab (or you could hard wire it). Which I may do in the future as I am thinking of using an external bluetooth storage to load up with music (I have a LOT of music) and then stream it to my tab and have it play through the head unit. The other part I like is being to tether my phone to the tablet for full wifi access.

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Looks good Dan, but dang you guys and your gadgets.
I`m wanting to build an old truck that has even fewer electronics than the sparse Fiero.

Yeah I know! But since I want to drive this pretty much daily, I like the creature comforts and have been spoiled with newer technology in cars. Sitting in traffic going to work is boring! and besides it is something different when you look inside a 26 year old vehicle!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Those gauges ARE nice and bright! It is really looking good!

Yeah it was a small fortune to get the right lights in there. But it is worth it. My car is as bright as a new car now!

The only thing that would make it a little better would be to have a remote door unlock feature with some lighting on the outside of the car when you hit the button like on new cars. I will look into that later after I get some new side mirrors....hint hint Mike!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mirrors are probably a bit in the future as I have to finish mine, revel in the fact that I am among a handful that have custom mirrors on a Fiero, be it good or bad and then to see if there is any interest in even selling these.
I would rather sell a finished product than something that needs a lot of work still.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just think of me as being a helpful "market" prototype

I do not like my mirrors and every time I look at the them in traffic I want a new set. Besides I have my work cut out for me for a while. It took me from April till now to just my interior to the place where I can drive it but it is still not finished. So who knows how long the widebody will take and then get to the mirrors!! Just keep me high on the list!

The mirrors are probably a bit in the future as I have to finish mine, revel in the fact that I am among a handful that have custom mirrors on a Fiero, be it good or bad and then to see if there is any interest in even selling these.
I would rather sell a finished product than something that needs a lot of work still.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008
time to upgrade to new brakes all around. this just came in. New rotors, calipers and pads are on there way too.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last bit for now is this...just placed my order.

Should it in about a month.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 09-29-2013).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is looking GREAT!
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, that will make 3 of those noses in the Austin area. People around here will start to think they came from the factory like that lol.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Sweet, that will make 3 of those noses in the Austin area. People around here will start to think they came from the factory like that lol.

Who has the 3rd? I know Mike has one. Is it on a wide body?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, a guy named Shannon owns the car that it`s on.
He bought it a while back from out of state.

Here is a pic of the front of the car.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 09-30-2013).]

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to do a little side by side comparison...before and after shots.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

KOS

461 posts
Member since Feb 2008

Dan, a guy named Shannon owns the car that it`s on.
He bought it a while back from out of state.

Here is a pic of the front of the car.

oh wow that looks real nice! Does he live up our way?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m not sure where he is but he doesn`t make many events.
It`s a shame too , to have a nice car and to not be able to make any Fiero events.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I`m not sure where he is but he doesn`t make many events.
It`s a shame too , to have a nice car and to not be able to make any Fiero events.

I am nervous I may have the same fate! It is hard to fit my twins into a 2 seater!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That`s one of the things that wives are for.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That`s one of the things that wives are for.

Well even though they are only 4 they both like Daddy's car. Especially my son, but even my daughter does too. I would really like to have then enjoy some car show/meet time as well.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well only had a little bit of time. But after driving the car for a couple of weeks it back off the road again. Starting to test fit some of the widebody kit.

This is going to take a lot of work...

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on getting your widebody started ! Your really going all out on this one. I really like the tablet in the dash......now ya got me thinkin !!

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Congrats on getting your widebody started ! Your really going all out on this one. I really like the tablet in the dash......now ya got me thinkin !!

Thank Bozzie, although it will never hold a candle to you have going on!

The tablet is awesome. I have the stereo head unit behind the tablet but in hindsight I wish I got a BT3100 series head unit. There is a sony app that lets you change the FM stations, volume etc from the tablet. At some point I plan on getting one and swapping that in. But with the automation app, the car app, bluetooth and wireless it brings the car into the 21st century. As soon as I get the new head unit I wont really have a need to access the the head unit i dont think.

I havent had a chance to touch the kit in a while due to travel for work. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get moving on it again. Hate seeing it sit there. Getting so close now. But as you said, the color is really going to depend on the final lines. I will probably end up going white with black accents due to that instead of black.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
woo hoo look whats on it's way!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might want to bribe Mike Good for help! LOL
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Might want to bribe Mike Good for help! LOL

Good call! At least to take a look at it. I think I just need to make some bottom mounting brackets and glass those inand trim it up.

But Mike feel free to stop by!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no pics. But I did get the lights for the bumper, fog, turn and side markers. Just waiting for my rear markers to come in now.....Oh, and picked up the new front bumper today! Still in the box so i havent had a chance to look at it yet but pretty excited to actually have it now. I also got the passenger side mocked up. I hope this weekend to test fit the rear and front bumpers...will see how much time I get!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Small update. Got a little time to remove the front and rear bumper and got the new stuff just sitting on there.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats taking so long?!?!? Better have it finished by the Christmas Party on the 7th. LOL
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whats taking so long?!?!? Better have it finished by the Christmas Party on the 7th. LOL

I guess you will be coming over to help finish it then! Lol

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors