Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Install my Amida G1 dash with me! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Install my Amida G1 dash with me! by yellowstone
Started on: 02-26-2013 09:23 PM
Replies: 244 (29353 views)
Last post by: Amida on 10-16-2022 04:36 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Wouldn't it be better to ask Amida directly?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
IP: Logged
dkh1020

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the moment he's still making the dashes. Working on mine now. can't wait to get it.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure you're busy with your new gym, but you better have this installed by now!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've been very busy but today I've finally started!

Before pix:

Making some space:

First test fitting:

Pretty good for 1.5 hrs of work! But a lot of small work do to - don't know when I'll be able to continue... hopefully on Sunday!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 09-08-2013).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be an incredible transformation!

Nice work
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dash looks awesome
Now just to find some nice door panels that will compliment the dash like the Zimmer ones TXOPIE is making.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to do all of your work in a parking garage? That sucks.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now here's my big question... do you need to make you're own mounting points for this dash or is it a direct bolt in, Also will it use the stock Hvac plumbing or do you have to make you're own?
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Now here's my big question... do you need to make you're own mounting points for this dash or is it a direct bolt in, Also will it use the stock Hvac plumbing or do you have to make you're own?

If you have been following Amidas thread on this you will find the answers to your questions. But I will answer your questions so you don't have to go digging.

Rob makes custom HVAC plumbing for the dash and it is provided with the dash.

The dash is made to be installed in the same mounting points as the factory dash.

Some work is required to trim guages and the defrost grill, add your own speakers and stereo, relocate your factory switches, etc. but for the most part it is a direct bolt in. Rob includes all the mounting hardware a set of complete instructions and a flash drive. Not sure what's on the flash drive but I'm guessing photos of your buildup and a copy of the detailed instructions.

Hope that helps.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

If you have been following Amidas thread on this you will find the answers to your questions. But I will answer your questions so you don't have to go digging.

Rob makes custom HVAC plumbing for the dash and it is provided with the dash.

The dash is made to be installed in the same mounting points as the factory dash.

Some work is required to trim guages and the defrost grill, add your own speakers and stereo, relocate your factory switches, etc. but for the most part it is a direct bolt in. Rob includes all the mounting hardware a set of complete instructions and a flash drive. Not sure what's on the flash drive but I'm guessing photos of your buildup and a copy of the detailed instructions.

Hope that helps.

It dose help a lot.. im going to watch this thread because I want to do something with the interior of this 308 mera body I picked up... im not sure if this would look to out of place time wise on it or not though

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

The dash uses the stock mounting points and comes with all necessary hardware and detailed instructions.

Here are examples of what's on the memory stick that comes with the kit:

Regarding HVAC plumbing, see this pic that I posted in the thread before:

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 09-03-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday is progress day! Got around to modify and install the instrument cluster. Took about 2 hrs working on my kitchen table...

Here's pix of the cut corners (literally, not figuratively).

Installed in the pod:

Some pix in the car (not installed yet, just sitting there):

Great craftsmanship, good instructions and excellent fit and finish = happy customer!

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks really good Kolja.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kolja...Loving it!
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the whole car is beautiful.. interior is great addition

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

the whole car is beautiful.. interior is great addition

I agree, gorgeous Fiero

------------------
I bought a Fiero because my friends said I shouldn't.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made progress today!

Cut the skeleton as per instructions:

Installed aux gauges:

Installed hex mesh (same as in scoops):

Installed switch panel:

Installed HVAC panel and new console base:

Modified power mirror/window plate:

Not all bolted down yet but already pretty close to completion:

The upper dash screws (especially the inner ones) are a b*tch to get in and the instructions could be a bit clearer for the center console install (more pix would probably help, too) but overall, not a terribly difficult job. Fit is great!

I think I'll need another 2 hours to get everything done...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 09-10-2013).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Modern and classy
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installed aux gauges:

Installed hex mesh (same as in scoops):

Very nice.

Do you think that, with the correct face plate,a set of 3 aftermarket gauges can fit in that small space ?

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 |Work done 13-14 | 4.9 Swap |Parts for sale

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup my mera is getting one
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I've decided on the electronics.

1) Parrot Asteroid Smart Android Car Stereo Receiver with GPS

2) Pioneer TS-A1374R 5-1/4" speakers

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 09-10-2013).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice upgrade. I hope you are going to get a new steering wheel as well?

The bad news is that the pod dash is coming back (see 2014 Silverado). All Fiero will be in style soon.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Why? What he needs now is at least a 3800sc to match the looks. I have to say that is a nice looking dash that doesn't look out of place like others.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Why? What he needs now is at least a 3800sc to match the looks.

I like my engine! Sounds great, looks good, goes plenty fast enough... what would be the point?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by jscott1:

No, the one I have was just upholstered by Dallas Steering Wheel and I like the look.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think the rebuilt stock wheel looks correct with the new dash .everything looks perfect .
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally like the Momo with my G1:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Kolja,

What did DFW Steering wheel charge you to do the Wheel?
dkh1020

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dkh1020Send a Private Message to dkh1020Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you elaborate as to why you chose this head unit? I'm looking too and am interested in your input.

OK, I've decided on the electronics.

1) Parrot Asteroid Smart Android Car Stereo Receiver with GPS

2) Pioneer TS-A1374R 5-1/4" speakers

[This message has been edited by dkh1020 (edited 09-11-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, the one I have was just upholstered by Dallas Steering Wheel and I like the look.

I agree with you on the engine... the L44 stock motor is old but still sounds nice and makes enough power to motivate the Fiero under normal driving.

But on the steering wheel, that small hub dates the wheel to the 80s pre-airbag era. I too would prefer something like the momo, but that's just me. I have a 90s firebird steering wheel, but looking for an upgrade to a 2000s wheel. The problem is that sellers thing airbags are made out of gold or something.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by dkh1020:

Can you elaborate as to why you chose this head unit? I'm looking too and am interested in your input.

I have a buddy at work who bought a Google Nexus 7" for $99 and he built it into the dash as his head unit. He's written apps to be able to control pandora and do all sorts of things but he's an IT professional. Android is the future of car stereo, but not sure if I want a closed source solution. I have a nexus 7" and it will probably end up in my dash eventually.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have to 2nd that...I am going with a virtualized quad processor & Multi-Touch HD screen...one of my slices is android JB. I too wanted the flexibility...like the ability to control my power locks, windows, etc.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dkh1020:

- Android-based
- Good reviews
- Sleek, simple design
- Drop-in without custom fabrication
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like my engine! Sounds great, looks good, goes plenty fast enough... what would be the point?

If it has enough power for you then there is nothing to discuss. That's all that matters.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowstone,

You realize of course we all need to see this at Daytona in March.
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice looking yellowstone.

If you have any questions about the Parrot Asteroid let me know as I have one in my Miata. First thing I would do it root it, and get google playstore installed. Very easy to do I then bought an ipad matte finish screen protector from amazon and cut it to fit. It cuts down on the reflection/glare.

As for apps, once you have the play store installed you can pretty much get anything from the market. I would get Asteroid Tweaker as it will resume playback from whatever your last source was. Also allows you to do other nice tweaks to the radio.

I have had the radio for about 2 months now and am pretty happy with it. Wish there was a physical button at times for volume, but I have widgets on the home screen that can control volume whenever needed. I also installed ADW launcher as its much smoother.

Any questions let me know.

Ken~
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow your car is amazing and I have been watching this thread for a while now and it makes me wish I had the funds for this kind of dash swap in my 86

------------------
this is the pics of all my cars http://www.motortopia.com/93xr7merc and http://www.fquick.com/bkcamaro
70 Buick Riviera Stage 1 455 Big Block Auto Dual Carb
73 Buick Riviera GS 455 Big Block auto (#2 on dream car list)
78 Chevy C 10 Step Side Pick up 350 auto
85 Chevy Camaro Z28 383 stroker auto (#3 on dream car list)
96 Chevy Camaro Z28 350 LT1 auto (daily driver during the nice months) 14.1 at 99.25 mph 8/5/09
98 GMC 2500 350 auto (plow truck)
86 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L 5 speed (mgp car)
Videos of most of my cars http://www.youtube.com/user...eos?flow=grid&view=0

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MooCow:

First thing I would do it root it, and get google playstore installed. Very easy to do

Ken~

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock