Started on: 02-19-2013 10:38 PM
Replies: 85 (3619 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 10-23-2013 12:46 PM
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

my turbo ecotec in my 86 gt .wiseco pistons , eagle rods ARP head studs and rod bolts , LSJ head gasket ,air to water intercooling , water meth injection ,modded 2.4L intake , hahn racecraft turbo manifold and 20G turbo , 34 lb injectors , HP tuners and some other stuff i dont remember .this block and head came out of a 2006 malibu .the wiring and controlsand 5 speed. are from my first motor , 2004 cavalier .i really do not yearn for the LNF motor .the only advantage the LNF has over mine is torque off the line .i have 42 lb injectors to put in and then i can get around 400 HP after changing my tune .i have not bothered yet because i find the car plenty fast enough for me and i get great mileage .but the biggest improvement is the handling .this was originally a 2.8 v6 and taking 150 lbs out of the back made the car nimble is the best way to describe it .

This is the best engine to come along for improving the car in weight, power and handling.

My LNF is near 300 HP with just the change of the Maps and just a flash and with a little more tuning can do up to 400 HP before you need to change the rods and pistons. GM has a sport compact book out that details the Eco line and it is amazing what you can do with the engine.

When John Lingenfelter was alive he was working with the Ecotec and raced one for my work. He was up to 1500 HP with the stock head and block before he was cracking the heads. He was having fun doing the work to this engine.

Millen was running one in a Solstice in the pro drifting series and won it. He had a Eco 500 HP LNF and ran it a whole season with out one break down or repair.

IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BillS:
First, the idea of installing a midengine power plant at the back of a front engine car is...stupid. Sorry, tried to think of a nicer term, but afraid that's it. There is no good reason to even think about doing that, and it wouldn't accomplish anything if youy did spend the huge amounts of money required, so it is basically a little wet dream you can ponder in private, but suggesting it seriously on this board is like getting caught with your pants down - best not to go there, I'd think.

Do it because you can. Do it for wow factor. Do it to be different. Do it because others say you can't.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-27-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's the spirit this forum is known for! Well done!

Jonathan
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

There's the spirit this forum is known for! Well done!

Jonathan

Don’t worry the spirit will soon be crushed when you know who comes back to compare that rat rods trunk to the Miata.

[This message has been edited by BlackThunderGT (edited 02-27-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll just "tweak" it!

Jonathan
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of Solstice suspensions and mods?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock