Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. by batousai666
Started on: 01-19-2013 07:49 PM
Replies: 388 (9070 views)
Last post by: Larryinkc on 07-18-2014 05:19 PM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always done the 1 bottle via the GM dealer tech guy for the last 8 years no problems so far.... Maybe haynes has the inside track, but the least fluid in there the least resistance you are going to have against the gears.
IP: Logged
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I have always done the 1 bottle via the GM dealer tech guy for the last 8 years no problems so far.... Maybe haynes has the inside track, but the least fluid in there the least resistance you are going to have against the gears.

very well then. thanks for the info.........and helping out us newbs!
a happy medium is the call of the day....i will pull some out with a syringe. thanks for the heads up.
i am just glad i was not way low while hammering it for the past few months......i have been putting that poor car thru the ringer

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-08-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope i dont get yelled at in here, but i did not let that '00-ish Z28 Camaro pass me today either

thats 2 cars in the pocket, so i dont care what that drunk said

nice little cruise today. uptown, downtown, around town with a quick blast down the highway home
i did good with this car, that i sure did!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-14-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all shined up.....even got a few snaps of a monster, yesterday!

as i was burnin up the main drag i stopped by the gathering at the local O'Riley auto parts for some chit chat.
it was said, aside from the "Laguna Seca Mustang" and the Z-06, i had the best handling car there. no bad, out of 10-15 or so cars.
A 68 GTO, a 70's and 2002 TransAm, a modded late model GrandPrix, some fast S-10 pickups, a real sweet Datsun 260 modded to the teeth, a few other Mustangs GT's, a couple Camaros from the 70's and 00's and others. good time!!

i love the pictures so i must indulge.....my vices

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-04-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car show in Mendon tomorrow morning. Sorry for late notice......

Annual dustoff - should be a good show with lots of entrants.....
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still need to get you the marker light. It's sitting on my toolbox in the garage. Ill try to make the long drive over this week and drop it off. Your cars looking good.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of markers on my work bench for ya
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Car show in Mendon tomorrow morning. Sorry for late notice......

Annual dustoff - should be a good show with lots of entrants.....

I'll make that run...i got to drop off a guy in Schoolcraft for work around 9 am.....so i could be there by 10 -10:30 ish

we will meet for them parts someday.....no rush

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it was said, aside from the "Laguna Seca Mustang" and the Z-06, i had the best handling car there. no bad, out of 10-15 or so cars.

I have found this to be a loaded statement... lol. I know the fieros at the local autocross group get handled by a challenger regularly... lol.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have found this to be a loaded statement... lol. I know the fieros at the local autocross group get handled by a challenger regularly... lol.

i''ll keep that in mind, DarkHorizon
my goal is to make my car a road course car, so i hope to be able to hold my own..against all "Challengers"

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
BlackDynamites first carshow!!

hundreds of cars, but i found my kind....well they found me i guess.
big THANKS to OleJoeDad and crew for letting me bend an ear.....and helping with my front hood

these were taken well after most had left. i was able to pull in line and get some good pics.
altho it looks like we are the only ones there trust me we were not. that Mendon show is huge!!

such a beautiful day!! blue sky and some great guys (and a gal)!!
cant wait for next time........

and my personal fave......another Bule 1987!! BD's brother!

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are having a 3800 meet in royal oak this saturday you should come
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Donkey poop I have to attend a daughters wedding. Man I wished I could be there to LEARN as I have a lot of questions about this power train. Is this just for Fieros?

Steve W
Grand Rapids, MI
87 GT 3800 SC

Wait that is the same weekend as the Dust off at Gilmore. A Lot of West Michigan people will be at Gilmore.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-06-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
phonepost.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-07-2013).]

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a 3800 meet. Mostly W-bodys. Grand prixs, regals, ...etc. Anything with a 3800.

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 05-07-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the invite..... I would LOVE to meet you guys, but i got plans in IN on that Friday and just found out my passenger side CV boot it dry-rotted and throwing grease all over. not lookin good. so i have to keep the trips down till i can fix it. bummer too, cuz i sooooo totally want to hang out and learn .......soon tho, hopefully very soon.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-07-2013).]

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
back from the dead... i am glad she got your parts shipped to you. i see that she missed sending the qtr sail grill. i will make sure you get it.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

back from the dead... i am glad she got your parts shipped to you. i see that she missed sending the qtr sail grill. i will make sure you get it.

right on there pal!!
The Hittokiri Battousai is deep in gratitude as well as, Mera X. Hai !!
its nice to have backups (for the back ups, even ) Danke!

a bit of an update on Ye Ole BlackDynamite.....well theres nothing to report.*whew*

sucks it looks like rain for Saturday at the big Ferrari TrackDay this year.
Sunday so far is low % chance but MI weather changes in seconds......Just like ohhh Leeezard there, we almost got a Tornada' last night 14 miles to the NE. it was just inside my county and they say it formed in a straight line over my house. Sireens and everything, so i am in there.....wow! i think you guys inFlint had something too......
this year is a big beast year already.

"......And Boom Goes The Dynamite"

road was straight as an arrow.....for miles it seems getyousum

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-29-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see you are haggling for some headers. Where do they run & dump? Behind the motor? or by the trunk?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I see you are haggling for some headers. Where do they run & dump? Behind the motor? or by the trunk?

YEAH...well i gotta let them go too.

i had my hands on a sweet //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/066046.html Bilet steering wheel. but had to let it go.
i have to let go to the notion, that if i continue to want to drive 'that" way all the time, its time to get the experts on it!
the engine/transmission are paramount. the rest is what it is. that engine can be changed to a'nother 1987 Fiero, i already possessssssssss..........heh heh!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-31-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ohhh yeah!! my kind of day!!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bella!!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had planned on attending, but my father was admitted Saturday to the hospital. Looks nice how did you do out on the course? I like that maroon Ferrari parked next to you.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-04-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by batousai666:

Bella!!

Bella as in bell la or I have heard it as bay la.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Bella" how you say?? Bellissimo!
http://www.mydictionary.net...m=italian&to=english
that GTB is super sweet.
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that I may have the only 3800 SC in Windsor ( may be wrong)... but you guys are all much closer than my nearest Canadian counterparts... guess I have the best of both worlds.

More importantly ... very nice car..Love black notchies.. I thought i saw an MPS , what size pulley are you running? Hopefully I can get my car sorted to come over and visit the Michigan guys this summer.

Best of Luck
Ryan
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is surprising how many 3800's are in Michigan
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that thing must be a rocket!!! looks like it was going so fast it blew off the headlight cover... lol
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

I think that I may have the only 3800 SC in Windsor ( may be wrong)... but you guys are all much closer than my nearest Canadian counterparts... guess I have the best of both worlds.

More importantly ... very nice car..Love black notchies.. I thought i saw an MPS , what size pulley are you running? Hopefully I can get my car sorted to come over and visit the Michigan guys this summer.

Best of Luck
Ryan

MPS indeed.....i am running with a 3.4 pulley.......and boy does it go!

dang i will be closer to Windsor than Detroit this weekend. i got a huge concert happening on Belle Isle
stop by the shore and gimmie a wave

maybe we can hook up at the Woodward Cruise if you got access to the states (ie passport) something to think about, maybe. i'll go if you do

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-06-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

that thing must be a rocket!!! looks like it was going so fast it blew off the headlight cover... lol

funny story about that....you are right! the lights popped up under extreme throttle and snap it went.
bloody blazing down the road i was.......i need to address this "pop up" situation, post haste.

i also got me first track badge....2 laps. one all on the track the other (1st) lap not so much
spun once and into the weeds i went! whoops.....it was the tightest part going into the hairpin bottom right.

GETYOUSUM!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What final ratio do you have on that rocket? I have the 2.90 with supposedly the stock pulley.
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

MPS indeed.....i am running with a 3.4 pulley.......and boy does it go!

dang i will be closer to Windsor than Detroit this weekend. i got a huge concert happening on Belle Isle
stop by the shore and gimmie a wave

maybe we can hook up at the Woodward Cruise if you got access to the states (ie passport) something to think about, maybe. i'll go if you do

Id love to come over for a meet with a bunch of michigan people some time ... also the woodward cruise could be a definite possibility.
I usually get most of my parts from the states and am often over about every 2 weeks.
Keep enjoying it
Ryan
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
typically its a progression to setup a track car. to start with, find some 3800 fiero track guys and talk to them. some minor first suggestions is brakes and handling, they are key. hawk makes good race brake pads, ebs makes good ceramic kevlar brake pads/little fade, good thermo properties, so on. lots of others available as well. then check out a good set of dual valved adjustable coilovers, again talk to the 3800 fiero guys and see what works best, brand, fluid rates, spring rates, etc. then some nice adjustable sway bars. and talk to the 3800 guys to see if they prefer poly or graphite poly bushings to stiffen the car up a bit. finally get the car corner balanced. start tracking it, and take notes every time your out. report tire temps, outside temp, humidity, so on... keep notes for year to year comparisons for each track. good luck and have fun.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

What final ratio do you have on that rocket? I have the 2.90 with supposedly the stock pulley.

oh boy....i havenot a clue. stock for the 4T65E-HD i guess......

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Id love to come over for a meet with a bunch of michigan people some time ... also the woodward cruise could be a definite possibility.
I usually get most of my parts from the states and am often over about every 2 weeks.
Keep enjoying it
Ryan

right on!! We got the 28th Metro Cruise in GrandRapids too.....i will get the dates.
should be in for a hoot.....get a few more Fieros and run it!

and Leeezard, always a great source of knowledge and sage wisdom.
i got KYB up grades for suspention.....is that good?
tires are needed and i have to have the whole brake system checked, for realiablity
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2013 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kyb's are good street performers, some hawk, or pagid, or ebs brake pads in the mix you would have a nice starting setup. i was thinking afco billet adjustable coilovers with dual valving with piggyback resevoirs for extra fluid capacity and cooling. motons, or penskes are nice too. as far as brakes, the 2004 subie wrx front rotors are 13" and already have the fiero bolt pattern. then use monoblock brembos, 6pistons up front and 4pistons in the rear. but again, as you know, someone on here says i dont know anything about race cars/track cars... lol.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Batousai I got to get those mlds down to you. I am trying to get the old car fixed so I can drive it a distance. Hey found my oil leak! All the darned oil pan bolts were loose. I mean real loose!
I managed to get the drivers side front brake sliders loose and I lubed them. I found Rock Auto is having a close out on some Fiero parts and I purchased some new bolts and slider tubes for the front brakes. Then I ordered some 88 pads for the rear. Working on getting a rack. Mine is bad!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

kyb's are good street performers, some hawk, or pagid, or ebs brake pads in the mix you would have a nice starting setup. i was thinking afco billet adjustable coilovers with dual valving with piggyback resevoirs for extra fluid capacity and cooling. motons, or penskes are nice too. as far as brakes, the 2004 subie wrx front rotors are 13" and already have the fiero bolt pattern. then use monoblock brembos, 6pistons up front and 4pistons in the rear. but again, as you know, someone on here says i dont know anything about race cars/track cars... lol.

Interesting information!!!
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
solo, as most big brake upgrades to pre 88 cars, you machine the rotors off the front hubs. then you use 4 subie wrx front rotors on all four corners. they already have the correct lug pattern of the fiero, and they fit the hub nice backspacing wise. now you would have 12.96 inch or close to 13" rotors all around. lots of cars these days use brembo calipers to source from. just make sure your brake bias is 60/40 or 65/35 or close to that as far as piston sizes and pad/material coverage. use some good dot approved stainless braided brake hoses and you will have a very nice brake setup. you will have to relearn how to drive the car with the brakes as it will not need the foot pressures you were once used to. other than that have fun.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solo, as most big brake upgrades to pre 88 cars, you machine the rotors off the front hubs. then you use 4 subie wrx front rotors on all four corners. they already have the correct lug pattern of the fiero, and they fit the hub nice backspacing wise. now you would have 12.96 inch or close to 13" rotors all around. lots of cars these days use brembo calipers to source from. just make sure your brake bias is 60/40 or 65/35 or close to that as far as piston sizes and pad/material coverage. use some good dot approved stainless braided brake hoses and you will have a very nice brake setup. you will have to relearn how to drive the car with the brakes as it will not need the foot pressures you were once used to. other than that have fun.

Hmm that is interesting. I have 87 front with 88 rear suspensions. But I bet one is limited to wheel size which would require me to purchase new wheels and tires for winter. Definitely great information.

Thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock