Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
calling all 3800 SC nuts!! i finally did it!! i got a new Fiero. by batousai666
Started on: 01-19-2013 07:49 PM
Replies: 388 (9069 views)
Last post by: Larryinkc on 07-18-2014 05:19 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Here is the front of TD37's car:

Another one of his red tweaks:

^^^WOW!! ^^^that is very nice

i hope to find one of these with a Blue Pegesus and hope the blues match. yeah.....

or if i wanna show my hand cuz i got to the track early
definately!!
in blue also.......

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-27-2013).]

IP: Logged
LEEEZARD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is a fiero? lol dont those catch on fire? lol
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
hey dan, the 2004 subaru sti has 12.84" rotors that are the correct bolt pattern of the fiero. hat height is almost spot on too. get some porsche or ferrari brembos and get after that big monster brake upgrade.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2013 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't you swap the engine into the Mera?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Why don't you swap the engine into the Mera?

ohh i will but for now i got a nice Fiero wrapped around it i have to remove first
GingerMan RaceWay wants to help i hear..........

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
Mike you just so crazy!!! i want to come see you around Tornado season.....really bond our friendship, eh??
actually you had better watch your ass today

no Mera X but this puppy is the only order all day, anyway. pheeeow!! i gotta jet to the DMV

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-29-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

holy crap!!!! WOW!!! that sucker gets it!! got it legal and took it for a zip!!!
we got a break in the weather and its 55* or so, but raining and i only slid once....i spun my Mera with the 2.8 around on the first day...totally dry huh!

this summer is totally on!!!
*edit*
SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!!
even if i round up its a tight 6 seconds!!!!
right on best buy ever!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/vide...44973/what/109177943

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-29-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

...and please tell me that that number, bottom right is the avg. MPG and not avg-"KR"
i was told KR is bad.......indeed.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you get used to the new engine and all the power it has, you will settle down some and the average mpg will go up. I still get about 25 to 26 mpg with mine with higher gear ratio than normal. So if you have the 2.90:1 rear end ratio you should be up around 28 to 31 mpg if you stay off of the go pedal. Even so it is so much fun to push down on the go pedal I seldom get that 25 to 26 mpg.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

When you get used to the new engine and all the power it has, you will settle down some and the average mpg will go up. I still get about 25 to 26 mpg with mine with higher gear ratio than normal. So if you have the 2.90:1 rear end ratio you should be up around 28 to 31 mpg if you stay off of the go pedal. Even so it is so much fun to push down on the go pedal I seldom get that 25 to 26 mpg.

with that said....it would get the best gas mileage out of all my cars.....ha!
i dont care about MPG.....i want power!! it will be nice to not have to look at the guage all the time..which i am seeing how accurate the current one is, now. it seems good. but i ran out on money before i could top all the way off.....the ole 93 aint as cheap, eh??
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

.....the ole 93 aint as cheap, eh??

Consider that it only costs a few dollars extra per tankful - it's the cheapest performance mod you can get and your system will stay clean . OR you could think about living in calif. where the best you can get is only 91, you can see the oil wells and smell the refineries and have the honor of payiing some of the highest prices in the country

Good to hear you're enjoying the car - i think the 3800SC should have been the stock engine for the GT with a V8 as an option.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Consider that it only costs a few dollars extra per tankful - it's the cheapest performance mod you can get and your system will stay clean . OR you could think about living in calif. where the best you can get is only 91, you can see the oil wells and smell the refineries and have the honor of payiing some of the highest prices in the country

Good to hear you're enjoying the car - i think the 3800SC should have been the stock engine for the GT with a V8 as an option.

thanks.....it seems pretty solid for the most part and it loves to run!
i have been to LA and SanFrancisco....so i hear ya and feel ya!
the first station i checked (my local) PrideMart only had 92 oct.
but the Speedways here have the goodstuff.

its got a weird bottoming out/rubbing "feel" WOT and hitting bumps and holes in the road...
and hard corners make weird vibes, mainly turning into a hard right. i had better take it out for more analysis

other than that it will be a fun little....uhhhhhh "Trip" from now on the the store
i think this 3800 SC is too much.....almost the N/A is not much above the 2.8....but i personally like the "look" of the 3.4L DOHC
ohh yeah...in the back of My Mera X with that, to me the more "Euro" look.
totally with the pep step in the HP/TQ dept.
yep, and to think that almost happened. cool.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-30-2013).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey congratulations! We need to compare notes on these cars! I am driving mine daily. I have found it goes through the snow better than the ole 2.5 did. Lets keep in touch. How do you like the power? I havent got on it yet as I am looking for and fixing some loose ends and I think I have a rear wheel bearing starting on its way. How's your exhaust noise level? I would like to quiet mine down a little. I may have missed it, what transmission do you have? Oh premium fuel, yes I sold new Pontiacs with this motor and it is recommended! If you have the automatic does it stay in 4th lock up at 60ish? Mine is in and out with just the slightest change in throttle position. We need to get all the Fieros in West Michigan together.

Interesting to see the number of 3800SC's that are now in West Michigan!

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 02-02-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

One big improvement you can make to the stock brakes is some racing type pads. EBC or Hawk would work great (hit up the search if you want to find some threads on it).

My drag car still uses stock 88 brakes and they work just fine.

That's good info as I will be needing pads this spring/summer. For EBC what color?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by MadMark:

I noticed the first tank in my car was about 27-28. Now that the cold is here I let it idle for awhile to warm up before driving and it has dropped to the low 20's. Keep in mind that we have winter blend now. I could tell in my previous car-88 2.5 5 speed- when they changed to winter blend. I could see the mileage drop from the mid 30's to the high 20's low 30's. So I equate some of the mileage drop to winter blend gas.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks great.

It's nice to see so many people from Michigan in this forum. That should come in handy for me as I am a new Fiero owner.

It's not ready to drive yet, but it will be soon. I think I got lucky as it has a very clean black body as well as a very clean interior.

I look forward to chatting with everyone about my new toy. Maybe someday, I'll graduate from the 2.5 to a nice 3800.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (Daily Driver)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
1984 Pontiac Fiero. 2m4(My Fixer Upper) 73K miles.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Batousai666 I usually run BP or Shell 93.

Say when you go to Gingerman let me know I would love come and watch. I was at Gingerman this past fall and watched my son run his old BMW. He had a blast!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

Your car looks great.

It's nice to see so many people from Michigan in this forum. That should come in handy for me as I am a new Fiero owner.

It's not ready to drive yet, but it will be soon. I think I got lucky as it has a very clean black body as well as a very clean interior.

I look forward to chatting with everyone about my new toy. Maybe someday, I'll graduate from the 2.5 to a nice 3800.

Congratulations! That's how I started out. I bought a 88 2.5 5 speed and daily drove it for 100,000 miles and 12 years. I still kinda like the "Notchie". But I am learning to like the GT.

Oh Welcome to the madness!

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

That's good info as I will be needing pads this spring/summer. For EBC what color?

I like any of them really.. race car has reds, my daily driver cars get greens, justin has yellows.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These EBC Greenstuff 2000 series pads are designed for premium street driving and better brake effect at loads and speed. They have a high initial brake effect and give drivers confidence from the first application of the brake pedal. There is no such thing as a no-dust pad. The very nature of how a brake works requires that some dust be generated to avoid rotor vibration (shimmying). EBC Greenstuff 2000 passenger car pads create less dust, and the dust is more easily washed off than with most other brake pads. All pads create more dust as they are bedding in, especially if the rotors are worn. EBC Greenstuff pads have been type-approved on every car they are recommended for, and they can be considered as perfect replacements for original parts on European cars. This is known as an R90 European brake safety test. One-hundred percent of EBC's pad offerings are R90 tested and approved.

Make EBC Redstuff ceramic brake pads your low-dust option. Redstuff pads reduce dust approximately 80 percent compared to OEM pads and less dust also mean less rotor wear! So, you'll enjoy longer lasting rotors and pads plus great braking performance! These EBC pads are made with Kevlar fiber-based brake compound enhanced with ceramic particles and superb for your fast street car, highly-tuned import, musclecar, and even your luxurious European car. There are a lot of choices in brake pads; opt for clean wheels, no noise , and less dust with EBC Redstuff 3000 Series ceramic brake pads.

EBC Yellowstuff KEVLAR® pads are the perfect pads for your daily driven race car or ultra-friction truck upgrade. They are made from a full race material and are capable of high-temperature use with a very good wear life. Their "bite" from cold is superb, which is uncommon with race materials, which normally require warming-up, making these pads safe for use on the highway as well as on the race track. EBC makes increased stopping power available for your performance race machine and your demanding truck or SUV. These are not "low-dust" pads, but are similar to or better than OE pads.

I went with the yellows. When cold they were still better than the parts start premium pads. When hot its just rediculous. I could never imagine how big of a difference brake pads made. They are dusty but if you wash your car often I doubt you would notice it. I haven't tried the Reds so I'm pretty biased about using the yellows. Rare87GT put yellows on his car, you could ask him how he likes them.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey thanks for the information! I'll review them and go from there.

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bat are there any other 3800SC's in Kalamazoo? Are you still around? You havent posted in a while.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hes around guys... likely out slidin sideways in the 3800sc... just wait, when he gets back he will have 100 or so pics. take my word for it lol. but he is a good guy, i dont know anything about 3800sc motors so you guys are gonna have to help him out.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

hes around guys... likely out slidin sideways in the 3800sc... just wait, when he gets back he will have 100 or so pics. take my word for it lol. but he is a good guy, i dont know anything about 3800sc motors so you guys are gonna have to help him out.

OR he could have gotten more than half of MI's monthly snowfall total in 3 days
ohh yeah....got a bit of the white stuff now. i shovel for an old friend.....to help finance my bet.

No, side-sai-shee....here. just like my Mera X, BlackDynamite is a Garage Queen for the more inclimate of weathers

boy oh boy this post has gotten some hits and some major knowledge.
huge thanks to JustinBart and DarkHorizon for all the info....it is needed
hope to meet you guys soon.

Solo-
No. i know of a few Fieros in the Kalamazoo area, 5 are just within a mile of me here, not counting my 2
but as far as i know, i am the only 3800 SC in the "Zoo" which is cool.
but i do have tons of new(er) Mustangs, Camaros and the like which will make for a great trip to the store, from now on, eh??

i hope to see you and yours around too. 28th St. Metro for sure.....ok??
you keep me posted with show info up there and i will do the same down here.
with 131 DragWay being almost half-way between us that should make a great "clubhouse" if we should join forces with other Fiero guys in the area
i dont know. i just wanna drive....and i got 10 inches of snow in 3 days after it being over 50* last week. I do love it tho.
all the seasons in one day. then out to play in them all.
Thursday for about an hour or 2, was a total blizzard. Whiteout! Me, my shovel and pure awesome. what a rush!
thankfully "Phil" did NOT see his shadow.....so dust off in 6 weeks, OK?? Peeown!!

P.S. Leeezard!!!!
i do love me some photos.....but the new Fiero gets VIDEO from now on HA!!!
i got a GoPro camera w/ suction cup mount a few years ago....that i am dying to try out

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-03-2013).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a friend in schoolcraft who has a white 87 GT with a 3800sc in it. He doesn't drive it much any more.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I have a friend in schoolcraft who has a white 87 GT with a 3800sc in it. He doesn't drive it much any more.

dang it....i now stand corrected. SchoolCraft is in Kalamazoo County even. i totally lost here and in only a few hours at that.
oh well. it would only have caused a "RaceCar" war
you should see if you can get it from him....its a total rocket for sure.
i want to start to shave weight like the passenger seat and seatbelt, even.
its already lost the AC everything.....and has hand crank windows. so Race Plexi is next. maybe?? yeah!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-03-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow you are going crazy!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to buy it from him but I'm out of places to put cars! I picked up a 04 BMW X5 for $500 that will be the wife's new car. I have 2 Fiero's, a Colorado and an Equinox as well, lol. Plus we just had twins so I really shouldn't spend too much extra money.

We defenatly have enough Fiero's in the area to have a club. Have you ever talked to the guy by the park who has the two maroon Fiero's?

I really want to take my turbocharged 88 coupe to the drag strip this summer. My brother wants to take his 86 SE too. We should have a "Fiero's invade test and tune" night this summer. We also plan on going to the spring dust off at the Gilmore car museum on may 11th.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 02-03-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darkhorizon & Justinbart where did you purchase your EBC pads? I cant find any reds for my car. 87 with 88 rear suspension. I talked with my son and he uses Hawk on his BMW and his buddies who do some racing run them also. So I may go that way.

Thanks,
Steve W.
88 Coupe fenderbender/totalded
87 GT
NE Grand Rapids, MI

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 02-04-2013).]

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solo it depends on the suppliers near you. the porsche racer guys tend to like pagids... so its a toss up. find some you like and try them.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm telling you, get yellows. I buy from autoplicity whenever I can.

88 pads are DP4325R http://autoplicity.com/sear...?searchterms=DP4325R
You have to reuse your alignment pins on the caliper. Don't use what comes in the box.

What do you have for front brakes?

They are on clearance again from where I bought them last time. $58 shipped http://devel.ajusa.com/EBC-...usPontiac-af54f.html

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 02-04-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I buy through my commercial account at oriley's
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EBC doesn't recommend yellows for daily drivers, as they're NOT low dust pads. They're more of a track pad. You can find the reds, and if I find the numbers I'll post them.

From EBC's website...

EBC:

Yellowstuff is NOT rated as low dust and creates similar dust to OEM pads, if low dust is what you seek, Redstuff should be your choice for fast street use.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-04-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

EBC doesn't recommend yellows for daily drivers, as they're NOT low dust pads. They're more of a track pad. You can find the reds, and if I find the numbers I'll post them.

From EBC's website...

Yeah it says it's like OEM. If you want to sacrifice braking performance to have less dust than OEM then get reds. Is the fiero a daily driver or a spirited driver?

------------------
11.17@132.6

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Yeah it says it's like OEM. If you want to sacrifice braking performance to have less dust than OEM then get reds. Is the fiero a daily driver or a spirited driver?

Red > OEM as far as stopping ability, quality, dust, and wear. Yellow > OEM as far as stopping but not dust or wear. Yellow > Red for racing conditions but Yellow < Red for dust and wear. The question is how much racing is he going to be doing. Not only did I look into this for my own car, but I actually contacted EBC to ask them.

BTW - here's the EBC Redstuff # for the Fiero... DP3325C as an upgrade to the DP2325 (Greenstuff).

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-04-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are talking about brakes designed in the 80's to handle a 120hp economy car. I can understand not needed the best pads if you upgrade to 12"+ rotors with larger calipers. Reds are probably more than enough for a stock fiero.

Like I said before. The yellows work just fine for driving around town. They do not fade, the harder you push them the harder they stop. I thought about going with larger brakes but decided to try the best pads I could buy first. I am more than thrilled with them. I now get to save some weight and rotating mass staying with what I have. They may show their limits competing on a road coarse type track but I've had all the confidence in the world coming down from 140+mph.

Just my first hand experience I've had with my fiero.

------------------
11.17@132.6

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

We are talking about brakes designed in the 80's to handle a 120hp economy car. I can understand not needed the best pads if you upgrade to 12"+ rotors with larger calipers. Reds are probably more than enough for a stock fiero.

Like I said before. The yellows work just fine for driving around town. They do not fade, the harder you push them the harder they stop. I thought about going with larger brakes but decided to try the best pads I could buy first. I am more than thrilled with them. I now get to save some weight and rotating mass staying with what I have. They may show their limits competing on a road coarse type track but I've had all the confidence in the world coming down from 140+mph.

Just my first hand experience I've had with my fiero.

and thats the law....over here anyway
i drive like i am at the track everyday......so dust is incidental. i want and they need me to be on the stop botton.
outside of the Big Brake swap these pads seem to be the solution.
thanks again for all the info. now its time to shovel some of that brake pad money into my pocket from off these walks
later

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-04-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 front brakes, 88 rear brakes.

Thanks for the info!
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

holy crap!!!! WOW!!! that sucker gets it!! got it legal and took it for a zip!!!
we got a break in the weather and its 55* or so, but raining and i only slid once....i spun my Mera with the 2.8 around on the first day...totally dry huh!

this summer is totally on!!!
*edit*
SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!!
even if i round up its a tight 6 seconds!!!!
right on best buy ever!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/vide...44973/what/109177943

Very nice man.....now, what series 3800 SC is that in your car?

Thanks
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

87 front brakes, 88 rear brakes.

Thanks for the info!

You really need to upgrade the the front brakes to at least the grand am rotors and calipers to match the rear. It is going to be be dangerous with it setup like you have now.

Solid rotors are bad.
------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 02-04-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page