Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero and Tree = Bad day. (Pic Attached) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero and Tree = Bad day. (Pic Attached) by Tweeter
Started on: 11-23-2012 04:55 PM
Replies: 133 (5395 views)
Last post by: Tweeter on 07-30-2015 06:55 AM
FieroFastBackL67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd give you my 88 notchy but you pretty far away. I don't need the frame when I'm done.
IP: Logged
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never knew just how pliable the metal in a fiero is after you break the spot welds.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working on pulling the sheet metal around the lights, radiator and hood attachment points. Once I get it all lined up it will need some welding.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no real update for today. Went to work early and stayed late
But im going to look for my missing bolts. I know I put them somewhere.

Update: Found my fender and wheel well bolts. Still missing a few others.

Have to say thank you to WickedFieroGTP for putting a few parts in the post for me.

The plan for this weekend...learn how to work with fiberglass and resin. If you have any recommendations im all ears!

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 06-25-2015).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep us up on what's going on. I'm watching
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 07-14-2018).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
l

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some more sheet metal pounding, added more fiberglass to the hood, and test fitted the hood. Still working on installing the front impact beam.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
a

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're doing great. Can't believe the bumper cover came out that good
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Nice job on getting the hood and fender gaps nice and straight. Where in the states are you shipping the Fiero too?
PFF
System Bot
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Where in the states are you shipping the Fiero too?

I won't know till September where our next assignment will be, but we are hoping for Scott AFB, IL.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
a

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

I won't know till September where our next assignment will be, but we are hoping for Scott AFB, IL.

That would be great if its Scott. We have a group of guys in the St Louis area including Johnnyrottin who knows Scott AFB and Fieros veary well. Any of us wouldn't mind helping you and the Fiero get back on the road. Good luck
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled (Drove) the Fiero out of the Garage today gave it a good pressure wash.
Inserted the new radiator and overflow reservoir. (Not installed yet still need my box of goodies).

It appears that the driver’s side of the impact or cross beam is a little too high. So I’ll have to fix that. It’s keeping the nose pushed up. Should be an easy fix.

List of things that still need done.
1. Install and align head lights
2. Install upper and lower Radiator mounts
3. Repair 5 wires in the front harness (lights/horn)
4. Do something with the hood. (Ideas welcome).
5. Tighten fenders
6. Install driver side kick panel.
7. Screw in front battery box
8. Install nose
9. Get new Battery (Dead won't hold a charge)
10. Replace front radiator cap lips are bent (leaking)
11. Repair RF fender missing a small clunk.

notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you come to Scott AFB, look us up. We have a small group of fiero owners that get together once in a while. One fellow is from Scott. "johnyrottin" is his PFF name. We have a thread under the heading of
"St.Louis Fiero Clubs"
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

One fellow is from Scott. "johnyrottin" is his PFF name."

johnyrottin knows me well. We spent some time in FL.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you lay that fascia out in the hot direct sunlight it might regain some more of it's original shape. It looks very good in the pictures for how much trauma it's been through.

Looking good with the repairs!

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 07-02-2015).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Package arrived.

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Installed both headlights. Passenger side works but the drivers side needs 1/4" more clearance.
Installed radiator and fan.

Started testing the wiring harness.

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 07-03-2015).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headlights working.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 07-03-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good Jason! Keep it up.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Problem

Wiring has been repaired but I need to locate a weak ground. The Right Front marker light is only getting 7 volts at the connection.
The positive side show up as 12 volt when I use another grounding location, and when I check the negitive side and use the positive side on the battery I get 7 volts. So what could be the problem?

And Its 102 degrees outside.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Found the short. It was in the primary passenger turn signal. The wire that i'm point at can be pushed in and pulled out about 1/8".

Did another test fit after tweaking the fit and rerouting the harness and gave the garage floor a good scrub.

All the lights are working and the radiator fan turns on.

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job on the repairs so far. Keep it coming! Don't let any more Fieros die!
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, that turned out good compared to the way it was. Good job
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed the plastic absorbent piece that goes behind the nose cone, but it will need to be modified.

Turn signal lenses are installed.
Ran the motor for 30 minutes today. The cooling fan didn't kick on and the gauge said 220 degrees. I manually activated the fan and it came on.
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeter:

A resilient bumper?

I was just showing that pic to a friend of mine before I read this. I was amazed how well it returned to it pre-tree shape. It really sucks to see such a thing happen to such a great looking car, but I respect you for not letting it keep you down, and returning the car to it's previous state. Can' t wait to see it when you finish!
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still 100 degrees today. Didn't do much but I gathered up all the scrap metal and the excess amount of cardboard boxes and put them on the curb from recycling.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011

Originally posted by Darth Z:
returning the car to it's previous state. Can' t wait to see it when you finish!

Right not I'm shooting for 1 piece and drivable.
I'm a mechanic at best not a sculptor, but I hope to get it looking great next year. So don't get to disappointed if its not show worthy until sometime next year.
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! You've done a GREAT job! Thanks for keeping your Fiero alive.
PFF
System Bot
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I did something stupid today.
So everybody that has the S10 Booster and a front mount battery knows it is a very tight fit.
Look it still fits! The Fiero really needs a smaller battery.

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 07-06-2015).]

Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeter

253 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Both fenders are bolted down, marker lights installed, spare tire removed, and removed parts of a tree from drivers side rim.

Things that still need done.

Replace battery
Secure top nose cone
Install driver side rocker panel
Install need water/mud shield material
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update.

I expect to have it on the road next week.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took some black spray paint and went to town on the black components under the hood. Made a huge improvement and replaced the battery. Still waiting on a few cosmetic parts to arrive next week.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of response do you get from the folks in Germany when they see the Fiero? You done a heck of job to get it back on the road.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My German neighbors love the car they think it looks so nice and are surprised that it is so old.

It's rare to see old cars in Germany.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have loved to have a Fiero driving around Baumholder when I was there. If I remeber well enough all the side roads were twisting and turning.
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got temp tags today. Drove it around the block several times and down to the local store. Replaced both radiator caps
Tweeter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reconnected the SS IC..bypassed the front heat exchanger for now and purged the lines with fresh coolant . Thinking about ordering a new heat exchanger.
Rubber weather/mud guard material came in the other day. Going to cut that in to "a" shape and install around the radiator tomorrow.
Photo from the good side.

[This message has been edited by Tweeter (edited 07-17-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay