From Maine? by jake88fm2
Started on: 06-24-2012 08:16 PM
Replies: 157 (2360 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 07-22-2013 05:37 PM
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another option for a future meet -
Any of you guy's go to the Owl's Head Transportation Museum? If you have a pre 1992 vehicle (Fiero) you & a passenger can get into any event held there for free. Plus, you get to show off your car!
http://www.ohtm.org/events_2000.html

I attend the bike show in September. I usually ride my fathers "new bike". 1974 Honda CB750K, he rides his tiny 1966 Honda Super 90. He's had them both since brand new.

Whoo-hoo!!! Page two!
------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

[This message has been edited by nmw75 (edited 06-29-2012).]

IP: Logged
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Hello fellow Mainers

Almost done my Indy convertible build! Hope to see you guys around! A fiero gathering would be great.. have not been to one in a long time..

YES! I can see it now...an Indy Vert cruising up my street, hot blonde chick in a bikini in the pass seat, pulling over and the driver gets out and says, "You wanna take it for a drive?" and I say, "Sure"....

Bring that whip anyday! Any fiero! Just don't forget the hot blonde in the bikini
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Last weekend of July???
jake88fm2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Last weekend of July???

DEAL!
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake88fm2

39 posts
Member since Jun 2012

Originally posted by nmw75:

Another option for a future meet -
Any of you guy's go to the Owl's Head Transportation Museum? If you have a pre 1992 vehicle (Fiero) you & a passenger can get into any event held there for free. Plus, you get to show off your car!
http://www.ohtm.org/events_2000.html

I did not know that!!! That is bad ass!!!! Thanks
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully by then we will have 2 fieros on the road! Were just waiting for fund for registration on car #2, should be legit anyday now! We don't wanna be half the show with our 2 cars tho! lol
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully by then we will have 2 fieros on the road! Were just waiting for fund for registration on car #2, should be legit anyday now! We don't wanna be half the show with our 2 cars tho! lol

I will be there!
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake88fm2

39 posts
Member since Jun 2012
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last weekend of July???

Works for me. Sat the 28th right?
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday or Sunday? They have a small car show at Jumping Jakes every Sunday. Could we blow it up? As they say. Or our own thing on a Saturday? Dunno, any suggestions? This Sunday I will snap some pics of the place and post them here.
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saturday or Sunday? They have a small car show at Jumping Jakes every Sunday. Could we blow it up? As they say. Or our own thing on a Saturday? Dunno, any suggestions? This Sunday I will snap some pics of the place and post them here.

I would rather saturday. I would like to make a weekend of it. I plan on staying the night and site seeing with my girlfriend. I mean she did buy this car for me, and she is wicked excited about this gathering.
PFF
System Bot
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday also works better for me...
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Either day is fine for me. Looks as if most prefer Saturday.

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday works great! So should I go talk to Brian? Or we could just pull up? Either way works for me!
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saturday works great! So should I go talk to Brian? Or we could just pull up? Either way works for me!

Are there any fee's? if so how much. If not yes definitely go talk too him.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jake88fm2:

Are there any fee's? if so how much. If not yes definitely go talk too him.

No fees at all. Think about it, this guy wants us parking there. He's a really great guy, were prolly gonna be thirsty or hungry right? Plus the attention is great for his establishment! I'll talk to the Brian either way. OOB is a small town as far as locals go, most of us know each other.

I'm just worried that I won't have time to get the Kahines deck vent in the rear decklid in time ...then theres the chin spoiler...IndyyellowGT IIRC said he was gonna do the chin spoiler for me I think he said drop my car off at his house and take his indy vert.

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No fees at all. Think about it, this guy wants us parking there. He's a really great guy, were prolly gonna be thirsty or hungry right? Plus the attention is great for his establishment! I'll talk to the Brian either way. OOB is a small town as far as locals go, most of us know each other.

I'm just worried that I won't have time to get the Kahines deck vent in the rear decklid in time ...then theres the chin spoiler...IndyyellowGT IIRC said he was gonna do the chin spoiler for me I think he said drop my car off at his house and take his indy vert.

I cann't wait! but I have too.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jake88fm2:

I cann't wait! but I have too.

We could always do a test run!!

Some items that merit discussion. You need to drive the correct route through OOB or you will be stuck in a 2 hour long stop sign wait! No BS. I go the opposite direction and can pass the same cars 8 or 9 times at least. Tourist go the long way and get caught in traffic. Someone post a googlemaps or mapquest of the streets and I will gladly show you. If you take East Grand or West Grand into town you will sitttttt, and your fiero will probably get very hot! Ask me how I know!

We have what we call "the loop" in our family circle. It's mandatory whenever were out driving around town. "The loop". We can blast through town the quick route and still cruise all of downtown with minimal stop sign waits.

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will see about the test run. I still have to get my transmission line installed before I can go any where.
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got the GT out on the road for the first time this year. Only have to renew the registration to make it 100% legal. Sure wish my town would get with the times so I could do it online….
Got my 1” drop ball joints in and did a self alignment. Also installed new rubber heater hoses. Just got to purge some air out of the system before I make the trip down to the meet.
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We could always do a test run!!

Some items that merit discussion. You need to drive the correct route through OOB or you will be stuck in a 2 hour long stop sign wait! No BS. I go the opposite direction and can pass the same cars 8 or 9 times at least. Tourist go the long way and get caught in traffic. Someone post a googlemaps or mapquest of the streets and I will gladly show you. If you take East Grand or West Grand into town you will sitttttt, and your fiero will probably get very hot! Ask me how I know!

We have what we call "the loop" in our family circle. It's mandatory whenever were out driving around town. "The loop". We can blast through town the quick route and still cruise all of downtown with minimal stop sign waits.

That's definitely good to know. I was planning on taking the 195 to rt. 5 / Saco ave. Any potential problems with that route?

The choptop should arrive this week. Most likely to Cabela's in Scarborough where it will get towed back to Rangeley. Though we're trying to negotiate with them to bring it right to the body shop in Rangeley. We'll see what happens.

My yellow GT is good to go. Probably going to replace the dew wipes and a few other minor things before the end of the month.
PFF
System Bot
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thrillhouse:
That's definitely good to know. I was planning on taking the 195 to rt. 5 / Saco ave. Any potential problems with that route?

The choptop should arrive this week. Most likely to Cabela's in Scarborough where it will get towed back to Rangeley. Though we're trying to negotiate with them to bring it right to the body shop in Rangeley. We'll see what happens.

My yellow GT is good to go. Probably going to replace the dew wipes and a few other minor things before the end of the month.

195 to Rt.5 is not usually bad... in fact, coming from the turnpike, I dont know how else you'd get there.
Hey! My GT is yellow. We'll certainly stand out!

------------------
86 GT

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nmw75

1676 posts
Member since Mar 2007
All,

I posted the current plan for the OOB meet in the "Events" section under the existing 'Maine' topic.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What?! LMK when its supposed to arrive at Cabela's and I would love to snap some pics of it! Cabela's is only a 15min ride from our place!

As far as coming into OOB from the north, stay on 95 till you get to the Saco/OOB exit. Pass the Scarborough exit, Scarborough traffic is a nightmarish choke point. Get off 95 onto 195 east. Then just follow the road to the left of 7-11, pass Jimmy the Greeks on your right and about 2 blocks north on Saco ave you will see Jumping Jakes on your right. Can't miss it.

Remember the more the merrier!!

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What?! LMK when its supposed to arrive at Cabela's and I would love to snap some pics of it! Cabela's is only a 15min ride from our place!

Sure! I'll post here or PM you when I get details on when it should arrive. It looks like early-mid next week sometime. I had asked them to deliver it to that parking lot since we couldn't find a carrier to bring it up to Rangeley.

Details on the nightmarish transportation experience are here. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089551.html
Olderthandirt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OlderthandirtSend a Private Message to OlderthandirtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We already have plans for the 28th, so it will depend on the time of day.
Will has to wait to see your final event plans.
Hopefully we can fit both in.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Olderthandirt:

We already have plans for the 28th, so it will depend on the time of day.
Will has to wait to see your final event plans.
Hopefully we can fit both in.

What?! First of all allow me to say welcome to PFF! Post a pic of your car please? Us local Mainers are all dying to see it now! Trust me, we ALL are! lol.

We really hope you can make it. Even just a drive by or a cruise in then out would be great in my opinion. Stop in, kick some tires, drive off. That would be just perfect!

Hopefully I can stop in and talk to Brian from Jumping Jakes tomorrow. Make sure we have parking spaces. 6 to 8 spaces so far?

Any non Mainers? Come one come all! No Mass Peeps wanna show up? NH Peeps? You know you want your car in the pics don't you

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
picture for weloveour86se. I tried to send in a PM but I dont know if it sent.

[This message has been edited by jake88fm2 (edited 07-03-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Very nice! Wonder where I could score one of them!

The beach is packed today! It's torture! Were gonna make some score cards 7, 8, 9, 10! lol. So many peeps here its crazy!

Dang typos..

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-03-2012).]

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^^^ Very nice! Wonder where I could score one of them!

The beach is packed today! It's torture! Were gonna make some score cards 7, 8, 9, 10! lol. So many peeps here its crazy!

Dang typos..

I'll be a judge! The wife will be staying home so I'll actually be able to turn my head! lol
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be a judge! The wife will be staying home so I'll actually be able to turn my head! lol

Well you better bring some ice packs cause your necks gonna be damn sore!

NMW check your pm's!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-03-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
INDY convertible is on the road and lookin Damn fine!! I'll see you guys on the 28th! Man its been forever since I've been to a fiero fest!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

INDY convertible is on the road and lookin Damn fine!! I'll see you guys on the 28th! Man its been forever since I've been to a fiero fest!

YES!!! Lets blow up OOB!! Chop tops and verts? Wow!

fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man I'd love too I'm in Lewiston , but my car gets like 4-7 miles a gallon. :'( I don't get to drive her too much
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

Oh man I'd love too I'm in Lewiston , but my car gets like 4-7 miles a gallon. :'( I don't get to drive her too much

Trailer it down?? Lewistons right up the street from OOB isn't it?

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

A fiero gathering seems like a perfect time to drive on down!
I took my yelllow GT out for a spin yesterday. It runs great but it sounds like there is an exhaust leak. Also the steering column is wobbly so it looks like I'll also have to spend an afternoon taking apart the column and tightening the bolts. Its also really dirty. We can't have that now can we?

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks as if my father and my uncle will be coming down also. I'll hopefully bring down the choptop and the yellow GT. If the choptop isnt fixed by then, then it will be the GT and my daily driver camaro.

I don't have a pic of the yellow GT handy but here's a pic of my black 88GT w/ T-Tops. It's sadly down in NY still, but its garage kept with new paint and I just re-did the interior. It's been up here to Maine a few times (notice the Maine plates) I'll try and get a good pic or two of the yellow car.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man!!^^^^ That is very nice! I'm gonna have the biggest piece of crap in the lot hehe. Hey atleast I'll be present and acounted for!
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trailer it down?? Lewistons right up the street from OOB isn't it? y

Lol I don't have a vehical that can tow with lol. I have a samurai a eclipse an a fiero. An out of the bunch the fiero would do the best towing anything considering it has a bigblock in it but OOB isn't that far maybe a hour and 1/2 but when u get 6 pg an only can seem to squeeze 9 gallons of gas in the tank u can't go to far
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't have a pic of the yellow GT handy but here's a pic of my black 88GT w/ T-Tops. It's sadly down in NY still, but its garage kept with new paint and I just re-did the interior. It's been up here to Maine a few times (notice the Maine plates) I'll try and get a good pic or two of the yellow car.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Beautiful Fiero!
Have you driven the black one thru Gray (Maine) before? I've saw a similar one in that area a couple times last year.

weloveour86se: Mine only looks good from 25 - 30 feet away.... You wont be alone! I just got a PM saying that my new headliner & visors are being shipped today!

------------------
86 GT

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beautiful Fiero!
Have you driven the black one thru Gray (Maine) before? I've saw a similar one in that area a couple times last year.

Yes, but not last year. The last time I had it in Maine was maybe 5 or so years ago. I drive up through Gray to get to Rangeley from New York
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock