From Maine? by jake88fm2
Started on: 06-24-2012 08:16 PM
Replies: 157 (2360 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 07-22-2013 05:37 PM
jake88fm2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking for more fiero's from Maine.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jake88fm2:

looking for more fiero's from Maine.

There's a few of us here....

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to put together a gathering. I already talked to two others on this forum.
Gohan77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gohan77Send a Private Message to Gohan77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey. Southern Maine here lol
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why not youall come down for the B.S.A.A.C. show july 8th

http://www.bsaac.com/endicott.html
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

why not youall come down for the B.S.A.A.C. show july 8th

http://www.bsaac.com/endicott.html

Looks really interesting but I dont think mine would be up for that far of a drive. The old motor is on borrowed time - been running without a Harmonic Balancer for years now.

------------------
86 GT

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4-5 hours one way is a bit much from Rangeley. I don't mind driving down to Portland or thereabouts but down to Mass is a bit of a haul.
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few of us had talked about a gathering at a members home down in OOB sometime this summer. Not sure if he's still up for it.
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nmw75:

A few of us had talked about a gathering at a members home down in OOB sometime this summer. Not sure if he's still up for it.

Sounds like a good time. If something gets put together I will be there.
Gohan77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gohan77Send a Private Message to Gohan77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like there to be one. Just not sure how to organize or start it up
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol... a few years back some members scheduled a gathering in Brunswick. Myself & a few others made it... Only problem is that only two Fiero's were there & one of them was towed.
This was before I had a road worthy Fiero.
I'd like to go to a meet & maybe do a short cruise. Draw some attention!
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ew Ew Ew OOB gets my vote! hehe, I'd gladly drive to OOB, Maine any day!

No really were about 2 blocks from the sand. We would love nothing more then to have a bunch of fieros and friends hanging out! Anytime we can get together is great with me!

Now who is gonna want what on their burgers? Shrimp or lobster? Steak or ribs? Beer or lemonade?

I would love nothing more then to see a bunch of fieros all at once in town! Run these ricers right out!

LMK, seriously.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Up for it! Up for it! Up for it!.....If your talking about me that is, Fieroparts.com also lives here in OOB.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone go on the northeast rod run?
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

No really were about 2 blocks from the sand. We would love nothing more then to have a bunch of fieros and friends hanging out! Anytime we can get together is great with me!

Now who is gonna want what on their burgers? Shrimp or lobster? Steak or ribs? Beer or lemonade?

I would love nothing more then to see a bunch of fieros all at once in town! Run these ricers right out!

LMK, seriously.

I'll definitely be interested. If both my father and uncle are interested too we'll probably bring down two fieros. Assuming the choptop gets delivered and repaired anytime soon.

Just choose a date and let me/us know!

[This message has been edited by Thrillhouse (edited 06-25-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
August? Or July? July may be too soon for many to plan for. The third or fourth weekend in August IMO would be perfect! The last weekend of August is end of season here and it's partysville!! OOB will be jam packed!
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm from NH but I sometimes go to Wells, Maine. Family has a second house there... I may go ahead and visit some of you guys!

If Wells is a good place, our second house has a huge backyard, not too far from the beach as well... Maybe with a little talk with the family we can organize something with food, fun, beach, car talk, etc there? Some of the roads up that way are cool to cruise on as well, better than the roads here in NH! Would have to be on a weekend, and no guarantee on if we could even use it, I have to bother my parents who actually own the house about it
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt mind coming down in both July and August. Though the fourth week in August would be tough, by then I'll be packing to come back to NY and start teaching again. Though I would imagine that the choptop should be good to go by then (hopefully well before)

If I had to choose I'd suggest the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August.

[This message has been edited by Thrillhouse (edited 06-25-2012).]

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anytime is good for me. Not too much has been planned for this summer. (yet)
Plus - who say's we need just one meet!

------------------
86 GT

Gohan77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gohan77Send a Private Message to Gohan77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in just need to know where and when lol.
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue Hill, Maine here... too far for me to go... but one of these years.. I would like to organize a gathering here.... since I live 45 minutes from Bar Harbor... would be cool to cruise the Acadia National Park and maybe go up to the top of Cadillac Mountain! Some year....
PFF
System Bot
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Like the OOB idea. But let not plan it on the most busy weekend of the season. It would be a nightmare in logistics.
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake88fm2

39 posts
Member since Jun 2012

Originally posted by fiero67:

Blue Hill, Maine here... too far for me to go... but one of these years.. I would like to organize a gathering here.... since I live 45 minutes from Bar Harbor... would be cool to cruise the Acadia National Park and maybe go up to the top of Cadillac Mountain! Some year....

How's belfast some weekend?
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake88fm2

39 posts
Member since Jun 2012

LMK, seriously.

If we can get a bunch of people to go I think it would be awesome to all go to the same restaurant. just pull in as a line of fiero's. Then go back to your place for refreshments.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If we can get a bunch of people to go I think it would be awesome to all go to the same restaurant. just pull in as a line of fiero's. Then go back to your place for refreshments.

The Brunswick, Jimmy the Greeks, Josephs by the Sea, Jumping Jakes. Or one of the many other local spots. Heck I could go have an impromto meeting with any of the managers. The Brunswick is right on the strip, has a nice parking lot and is in a highly visible location. Jimmy the Greeks has a hugh parking lot and is on the main road into town. I have never eaten there but I hear the food is great!

I would probably suggest Jumping Jakes. I know the owners and they love hosting car shows. They typically have a small car show every week. I bet I could easily set something up with the owners of Jumping Jakes! I had almost forgotten about that place! Perfect location IMO. I'll try and get addresses for local resteraunts for google maps or mapquest. That way everyone can see locations.

If not Wells is not far from us at all. However I feel the quantity and quality of the bikini clad beach goers here in OOB would outweigh much debate

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess we just need to set a date so people can plan for it.
Hopefully I'll get & install my new visors & headliner from FieroThomas by then.

------------------
86 GT

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nmw75

1676 posts
Member since Mar 2007

The Brunswick, Jimmy the Greeks, Josephs by the Sea, Jumping Jakes. ......."
If not Wells is not far from us at all. However I feel the quantity and quality of the bikini clad beach goers here in OOB would outweigh much debate

I was just at Josephs on Sunday for a wedding. Nice place but the parking was tight.
Jimmy the Greeks if its like the other one in Portland is nice - Great custom Pizza's & Calzones.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went down and spoke with one of the owners of Jumping Jakes. Its at 181 Saco Ave. We took a quick walk out in the parking lot. He has small car shows every Sunday during the summer. He says he can park about 40 cars. Has 30 picnic tables, PA systems, everything. He says he can rope off or barricade a section of the lot and make it into a patio so to speak. That way people can sit around in the parking lot with a beer if they so choose!! Not that I'd in anyway encourage drinking and driving. It's just nice to have that option.

The view seen as you heading into downtown. Fill this image with fieros? I'm pretty sure we could easily agree how cool that would be.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

From across the street, note the pic is from the passenger seat. Knowing this will tell you that I did not take a pic of half of the lot! lol but here it is. Passenger says we shoulda used his phone, he's prolly right.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Anyway Brian one of the owners says pick a date. He can rope a section of the parking lot of. Anything we need. Of course he'd love nothing more right?

Just an idea. A few pics and 5 minutes of conversation. Took me longer to write this post..
nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a really easy spot to find for those that are not familiar with the area!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember when Tim Perrigo of the former FOCONE, used to set up a Fiero gathering at the OOB town beach parking lot in June. About a block from the beach which was great for the Moms and kids. Contact Tim, he should be able to point you in the right direction, www.fieroparts.com

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...0062&style=printable

Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Went down and spoke with one of the owners of Jumping Jakes. Its at 181 Saco Ave. We took a quick walk out in the parking lot. He has small car shows every Sunday during the summer. He says he can park about 40 cars. Has 30 picnic tables, PA systems, everything. He says he can rope off or barricade a section of the lot and make it into a patio so to speak. That way people can sit around in the parking lot with a beer if they so choose!! Not that I'd in anyway encourage drinking and driving. It's just nice to have that option.

Looks nice!

I'm in, choose a date and a time. Maybe we could do late July? I should have the choptop fixed by then (I hope)
PFF
System Bot
84se2m4

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se2m4Send a Private Message to 84se2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in brewer just the other day on vacation. Saw an orange 84/85, not too sure just seen it at a set of lights by tim hortons. Was it any of you guys?
Olderthandirt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OlderthandirtSend a Private Message to OlderthandirtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could count me in, OOB is only 50 min. ride for me.
As long as it a time we don't all ready have plans for.
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it! date and time. I also like the end of july.

[This message has been edited by jake88fm2 (edited 06-27-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well July 4th weekend is the real start of the busy season in OOB. Brian from Jumpin Jakes recommended the 2nd weekend in August. He claimed it's the busiest weekend of the year. I'm not so sure were concerned with, "the busiest weekend" stuff. I think we might need to be thinking of space and accomidations. ie a spot to sit and eat, and a spot to pee, a spot to get away for a second with you passenger, etc, etc.

Listen the corvette peeps shut this town down. They get a whole circuit around town closed for them to do a loop. No BS. Public works sets up barricades and reserve officers direct traffic. Now were not trying to do all that, my point is this town is PERFECT for a New England meet!!!

Want me to promo it? Forget about local radio hosting it, they will want us to pay them. I can think of at least 10 local businesses that would gladly want to buy some poster space. $150 for a 3in by 3in block. lol. 20,000 posters. Then theres the other local businesses that would want booth space! $100 booth rentals?

Don't make me go to town hall for a permit! I will

My next question would be...Does it have to be Maine PFF'ers only?
jake88fm2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jake88fm2Send a Private Message to jake88fm2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dose it need to be promo'd? and busiest weekend sounds like a hassle. how about the first weekend in august? I really do not care anyway I'm coming regardless! and as far PFF'ers only, I think it should be anyone with a fiero. I invited a guy that live in the town next to me. he just wants a date and time.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dose it need to be promo'd? and busiest weekend sounds like a hassle. how about the first weekend in august? I really do not care anyway I'm coming regardless! and as far PFF'ers only, I think it should be anyone with a fiero. I invited a guy that live in the town next to me. he just wants a date and time.

I couldn't agree more. So can we come up woth a date collectively? I just did the loop downtown and it's PACKED! Fireworks every thursday night! People out in droves!

Yes the busiest weekend of the year is not IMO the best time. To crowded.

nmw75

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday's in July - 7, 14, 21, 28

Saturday's in August - 4, 11, 18, 25

At this point I'm available everyone. That will change so I'd like to get a date set so I can plan around it.

July 21 Or the 28th would be my vote.
Should we set a rain date? This is Maine after-all....

------------------
86 GT

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello fellow Mainers

Almost done my Indy convertible build! Hope to see you guys around! A fiero gathering would be great.. have not been to one in a long time..
Thrillhouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThrillhouseSend a Private Message to ThrillhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saturday's in July - 7, 14, 21, 28

Saturday's in August - 4, 11, 18, 25

At this point I'm available everyone. That will change so I'd like to get a date set so I can plan around it.

July 21 Or the 28th would be my vote.
Should we set a rain date? This is Maine after-all....

Don't like the weather? Wait a minute.

I'm available any weekend with the probable exception of the last weekend in August.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock