Started on: 06-11-2012 02:26 AM
Replies: 132 (4192 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 05-22-2014 06:01 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi
IP: Logged
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are there any pics of your setup?
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started a thread with a link to my photobucket.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128883.html

Here is photobucket direct.

http://s1181.photobucket.co...library/fiero%20pics

Have to get some more as I put it together this year.

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reluctor wheel bolted to input gear. 3.11 ratio GM Racing 1" chain and aermet input shaft in. Just have to get the channel plate and valve body cleaned up and the transmission will be back together.

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to finish transmission today and found a problem. Noticed a roller missing from drivers side output bearing. Then I noticed this:

Cracked channel plate where the bearing presses in (bearing removed at this point). If you click the pic there is another photo in the gallery showing extent of the crack. Not sure if the crack caused the bearing failure or the failure caused the crack, but I assume they are related.

Good news is I found out where the roller I found in the pan came from. Waiting on replacement channel plate now. Dave at Triple Edge Performance is taking care of me once again, and trying to ship out a refurbished one tomorrow. I finished up the valve body, so it's ready to bolt together once I get the replacement. I am hoping to make a race on the 7th of June, getting short on time, still need to get this trans in and new drag radials on.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

[This message has been edited by LFiero67 (edited 05-21-2014).]

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LFiero67

870 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Double post

[This message has been edited by LFiero67 (edited 05-21-2014).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still refuse to go bias ply eh? Sure seems alot cheaper than replacing transmissions every time you race.
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I refuse to run bias ply, tried them one year. Drove terrible, and didn't get any better 60' than my street tires. As far as breaking, that goes with racing. I push my combination to be competitive in the classes I race in, sometimes too far, but I can live with that. I believe I have a combination now that will last, and will be ramping the boost in slower to help as well. If it breaks, so be it, this is what I drive/race for fun, I have other vehicles that I rely on for transportation.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove terrible? I guess if you are going to do autocross on the way to the track its bad but honestly I love the way bias ply rides aand reduces the twitchy steering at 150+mph.

It will almost always take some of the hit from your 60fts over a drag radial but its all in the name of input shafts.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-22-2014).]

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad they work for you.

Planning on running yours this year at all? Noticed you didn't post any results last year after all your upgrades.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eventually.

Im just confused why you didnt like them? Did you have front runner bias plys as well?
PFF
System Bot
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personal preference???

Honestly I drive my car as much as I can, radials are much better driver tires. I want to be able to drive the car as hard as I want without having to worry about what's on the back. I also compete in a street car challenge that includes a cruise, 100' timed race, autocross and car show. All events must be done on the same rims and tires. Bias ply would not be competitive in that. I did not run front runners with the slicks, which may have helped the handling, but there is a reason cars don't come with bias ply tires anymore. I have tried a lot of things with this car, and this is what works for me.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

Personal preference???

Honestly I drive my car as much as I can, radials are much better driver tires. I want to be able to drive the car as hard as I want without having to worry about what's on the back. I also compete in a street car challenge that includes a cruise, 100' timed race, autocross and car show. All events must be done on the same rims and tires. Bias ply would not be competitive in that. I did not run front runners with the slicks, which may have helped the handling, but there is a reason cars don't come with bias ply tires anymore. I have tried a lot of things with this car, and this is what works for me.

I asked if you autocrossed it... All you had to say.

I also will say that the bias ply rears do NOT work without bias ply in the front, I made that mistake once.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock