Started on: 06-11-2012 02:26 AM
Replies: 132 (4206 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 05-22-2014 06:01 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justin isn't running no 282 these days. Can't beat the Getrag F23.
IP: Logged
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
I guarantee I would make you look silly.

If you ever do come this way I would be willing to put up 500. It would at least pay for your gas if I miss a coupleshifts

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

Want to build another? LOL! I need to do this to my car so bad! Do you have engine bay pics of the setup ? Congrats! Can you PM me just how much the setup cost you?

Copy him....I did...LOL

Get my T4 turbo adapter for stock manifolds.
PT 62xx, Gate, BOV, Boost Controler
STx cam
130# springs, double roller, etc
L26 UIM, LIM + Hv3

Done...Run 10's
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Justinbart:

If you ever do come this way I would be willing to put up 500. It would at least pay for your gas if I miss a coupleshifts

U might need to go to the Track first before you start issuing challenges...Just sayin !
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

U might need to go to the Track first before you start issuing challenges...Just sayin !

What? Why?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Harder to get 300hp cars to put down some cash at the track.

------------------
11.54@132.7

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Justin isn't running no 282 these days. Can't beat the Getrag F23.

Its not that... its just hard to beat a car making double the power.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

What? Why?

Errr, he hasn't run it hard since the F23 swap...Duh

Well at least that is what he told me.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Harder to get 300hp cars to put down some cash at the track.

You don't watch pinks do you....

Ever heard of the term Sandbagging? LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbagging
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You don't watch pinks do you....

Ever heard of the term Sandbagging? LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbagging

every street racer in 100miles of detroit wont race any of the turbo fieros...
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Street racing is a whole different animal. I don't care how much power you all make. Power isn't what street racing is about. I know plenty of cars making gobs of power on the street that can't put it to the ground and have lost bad. You keep talking like that you might start to sound like a V8 owner and think because you have 500rwhp your car is immediately winning.

This video has been posted before but let me make sure you see what happened here. This Mustang went 11.5 @ 120 at the track a few weeks later. After bragging about much horsepower he had. Well figure out why this happened on the street then?

http://www.youtube.com/watc...brbObHQbQ&playnext=1
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Street racing is a whole different animal. I don't care how much power you all make. Power isn't what street racing is about. I know plenty of cars making gobs of power on the street that can't put it to the ground and have lost bad. You keep talking like that you might start to sound like a V8 owner and think because you have 500rwhp your car is immediately winning.

This video has been posted before but let me make sure you see what happened here. This Mustang went 11.5 @ 120 at the track a few weeks later. After bragging about much horsepower he had. Well figure out why this happened on the street then?

http://www.youtube.com/watc...brbObHQbQ&playnext=1

Looks like you caught a mouse...congrats.

You know how you have good traction in your mid engine tupperware box? Yeah, so do I. I might be running a cobra that just put down 735whp on E85. Went 10.4@140 with 100 less whp. I'll probably post the video win or lose.

------------------
11.54@132.7

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since we r all bench racing now...When my 10 year LS4 swap finally gets finished then everyone will be slow compared to me. Just wait and see..
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like you caught a mouse...congrats.

You know how you have good traction in your mid engine tupperware box? Yeah, so do I. I might be running a cobra that just put down 735whp on E85. Went 10.4@140 with 100 less whp. I'll probably post the video win or lose.

Just remember your manual transmission is only as good as you drive it. And last I checked whatever manual transmission you are driving can't out drive an Auto. So what it's not a Getrag. I know you should run 10's but looks like you are still stuck in the 11's. So however fast you are at the track, the more power you have the more ineffective you are on the street. I raced a 9 sec Trans Am that didn't catch me until 90mph and I was on street tires. If you are so confident then why don't I ever see all these cars you and darkhorizon constantly take out on the street?

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some reason you don't understand that I can baby my car faster than you can drive yours all out.

------------------
11.54@132.7

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just remember your manual transmission is only as good as you drive it. And last I checked whatever manual transmission you are driving can't out drive an Auto. So what it's not a Getrag. I know you should run 10's but looks like you are still stuck in the 11's. So however fast you are at the track, the more power you have the more ineffective you are on the street. I raced a 9 sec Trans Am that didn't catch me until 90mph and I was on street tires. If you are so confident then why don't I ever see all these cars you and darkhorizon constantly take out on the street?

Man I gotta side with Justin on this...The full can drive the **** out of a manual car. The times he has put down and the time span which he has kept the Getrag together tells me this. Plus most street racing doesn't happen from a dig..

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 06-12-2012).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Man I gotta side with Justin on this...The full can drive the **** out of a manual car. The times he has put down and the time span which he has kept the Getrag together tells me this. Plus most street racing doesn't happen from a dig..

Excuse me? If you guys think roll racing is street racing then that's stupid. Dig racing is the only street racing. Roll racing is for Hondas.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001

For some reason you don't understand that I can baby my car faster than you can drive yours all out.

I really do understand you have a faster car than me, don't get your pants all twisted up into a wedgie or anything. I've seen some crazy **** happen before, so just in case you think you're the guy from Invincible, I'd say anything is possible.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excuse me? If you guys think roll racing is street racing then that's stupid. Dig racing is the only street racing. Roll racing is for Hondas.

Lol....If that's how you guy do it in Kansas then I guess you are correct..Things happen a little different down South..
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe.....that one is a classic! I LOL'd on that one.....peace

Pete
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol....If that's how you guy do it in Kansas then I guess you are correct..Things happen a little different down South..

I've never understood the point of roll racing. What's the point? If roll racing at the track determined how fast your car is then it makes sense, but that's not how it works. Classic excuse...can we go from a 40 roll I don't have tires. Oh well I know there are millions of faster cars than me, and just because I caused some issues with Justinbart and Darkhorizon since they are the innovators of Fieros now, they got all pissed off. If this so called 6spd is so awesome, I'd like to see a simple street race video of his car and say a mid 11 sec LS1 car on Drag radials or something similar and show me how amazing this manual car does on the street. Until then, your theory of being the almighty winner is pointless.
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never understood the point of roll racing. What's the point? If roll racing at the track determined how fast your car is then it makes sense, but that's not how it works. Classic excuse...can we go from a 40 roll I don't have tires. Oh well I know there are millions of faster cars than me, and just because I caused some issues with Justinbart and Darkhorizon since they are the innovators of Fieros now, they got all pissed off. If this so called 6spd is so awesome, I'd like to see a simple street race video of his car and say a mid 11 sec LS1 car on Drag radials or something similar and show me how amazing this manual car does on the street. Until then, your theory of being the almighty winner is pointless.

Seems like you are the one with the Panties in a bunch man....hehehe Not vouching for Justin or dark here but have you seen his videos? That car rolls HARD from a dead stop OR a rolling start.... Just sayin' you might be surprised at the result. If those videos are any indication of his skills with a manual tranny then you might REALLY be surprised.... Personally I like racing no matter if it is roll on or from a dig. It is easier on the tranny in a roll on most times tho and for anyone with a fiero with high HP3800 broken axles are just a light touch away let alone a grenaded tranny it seems. You both have some pretty fast cars that can hold their own with most streetcars so what's the deal with the hostility? Can't we all 3800 junkies just get along?? hehehe peace

Pete

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gotta give the circle track champion his props. He has the "1 Hella Driver Mod" and "He B rowin"

However, that wont help him with my upcomming Turbo build....

I'll smack him with my turbo gauntlet.... Come Git Sum.... Biotch!

Auto > Manual...
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Seems like you are the one with the Panties in a bunch man....hehehe Not vouching for Justin or dark here but have you seen his videos? That car rolls HARD from a dead stop OR a rolling start.... Just sayin' you might be surprised at the result. If those videos are any indication of his skills with a manual tranny then you might REALLY be surprised.... Personally I like racing no matter if it is roll on or from a dig. It is easier on the tranny in a roll on most times tho and for anyone with a fiero with high HP3800 broken axles are just a light touch away let alone a grenaded tranny it seems. You both have some pretty fast cars that can hold their own with most streetcars so what's the deal with the hostility? Can't we all 3800 junkies just get along?? hehehe peace

Pete

I'm not upset by any means. I just don't get why both of those guys give fieroX such a hard time on his car. It's like because he spent money on his car he's a freaking moron. I understand how fast his car is. I've been to the track and street raced more than these kids have been alive. I'm 30 years old. Darkhorizon is probably still barely 21. I know his car is fast, I never said it wasn't. I just said as fast as it is, it's going to be difficult to drive on the street. 5mph rolls and 40mph rolls are not street racing. It might be, but I won't participate because it's basically saying I can't drive from a dig and I'm scared to break my crap. Before everyone pops off here, all I'm asking for is a video of a race between Justinbart and a mid 11 sec car on the STREET. Proof to me that your car is a rocket ship and actually hooks up. Put some ET streets on the back of that car and see how it goes.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well.... This sure looks like a car that car hook to me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=channel&list=UL

I was trying to find the video of that car racing a sportbike. I think it was a 600 or 750 or something but you get the idea. Modern 600 sportbikes are stupid fast and are at least in the 11's if not faster with a decent rider so ya gotta give these kids some credit. Really would not matter if it was an LSX or not if it is an 11 second car it is an 11 second car..... They may be young pups (I'm 41) but they sure can make a car fly for meager dollars....hehehe I for one salute them for it. Not taking anything away from Fierox either, he still reigns king. When one of these kids smokes his fastest time for low bucks with junkyard parts then it will be another story but until then X is king!! peace

Pet

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It boils down to put up, line up and shut up!! Until then speculation is just that speculation..Proof is in the pudding kiddos..My anemic stock 3.8sc with a northstar TB and 3.5 pulley smokes 400hp plus muscle cars in the 100ft shootouts around my area ALL DAY LONG..Mind you it is only 100ft but a win is a win..Anything is possible..

[This message has been edited by thismanyfieros (edited 06-12-2012).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope.avi
I live in Kansas and know for a fact this is not how it goes. However, this is Kansas and its all derp rednecks who think a 13 second street car is king. I live in a sad sad place
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well.... This sure looks like a car that car hook to me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=channel&list=UL

I was trying to find the video of that car racing a sportbike. I think it was a 600 or 750 or something but you get the idea. Modern 600 sportbikes are stupid fast and are at least in the 11's if not faster with a decent rider so ya gotta give these kids some credit. Really would not matter if it was an LSX or not if it is an 11 second car it is an 11 second car..... They may be young pups (I'm 41) but they sure can make a car fly for meager dollars....hehehe I for one salute them for it. Not taking anything away from Fierox either, he still reigns king. When one of these kids smokes his fastest time for low bucks with junkyard parts then it will be another story but until then X is king!! peace

Pet

It was a Repsol CBR 1000RR which is a 9 second bike. I was on azenis street tires. I did lose but I think I still surprised a few people. I have better tires and and more powah now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGY-2E8DLRI

------------------
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 06-12-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes exactly..... That is what I was looking for. If it was indeed a CBR1000 and you ran with it most of the way HOLY SMOKES that is pretty impressive off the line dig if you ask me. I think the comments in the end of the video pretty much sum it up. Nice run man....hehehe peace

Pete

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was a Repsol CBR 1000RR which is a 9 second bike. I was on azenis street tires. I did lose but I think I still surprised a few people. I have better tires and and more powah now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGY-2E8DLRI

Good.....Gawd

LOL
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hehe Yes exactly...... Peace

Pete
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poor Lfiero67, give him his thread back!

Besides, roll racing is for fast cars. 100mph courtesy at least... I wouldn't really rate any fiero in that 'roll racing' category. That's why us 'slow' cars run from a dig, the 100mph courtesy is not necessary.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What year was the bike? There's something like a 30 hp difference between the 2004-2005 and the 2008-2011 on the 1000 rr's. The video also looked like he didn't really launch for crap. That honestly looked more like what my bike would have done, and it's only a 115hp 675 cc. I'm not saying your car isn't fast, we all know it is, but that video is crap and the rider of the bike should have completely destroyed you even if it was a 2004-2005 @ only 148 hp. That had more to due with an inexperienced rider than anything else. BTW for everyone gauging what fast is by street racing, you guys should keep in mind that most people are over the whole street racing thing now. Too many innocent people have been killed by idiotic young punks that don't know any better.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 06-12-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually it is quite difficult to properly launch a sportbike that powerful. I have actually OWNED about a dozen of them and modded and raced the crap out of them on the street and on the dragstrip. Considering that was not a stretched out dragbike and it was on street tires at night he actually controlled the wheelie quite well if you ask me. The reality is that it is quite amazing that the fiero kept up AT ALL!! His car is damn fast and I only posted the video to show that it can and has launched off the line hard. A properly ridden 600CC bike nowadays has something well north of 100 WHP and can run some really quick times especially if it has any work done to it at all let alone a liter bike. In the video I guess you failed to see that his car nearly launched the wheels from the way the headlights lifted and got some rise in second gear as well pretty sweet launch if you ask me especially considering the street tires. The street racing thing while I agree is pretty damn dangerous but the reality is that it gets done in about every city on about any friday or saturday night. We used to go way out west in South Florida from Moroso Motorsports park and do high speed runs at night but we were where it was quite unusual to see ANY cars save for the occasional visit from the boys in blue. We would run quarter mile at Moroso and then do high speed runs out in the boondocks. Not condoning it really but it is what it is. Nowadays I would much prefer to go to the strip to run if for no other reason than the precision lights keep everyone honest and there is a record of the actual time. At the end of the day his car is pretty damn fast and CAN launch hard whether you like it or not....hehehe peace

Pete
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stretched bikes are for pussies.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my sentiments exactly..... Love the sportbike, long live the sportbike...not a big fan of stretch swingarms. Damn I miss those things, but I would probably kill myself now on one. I sold my last one when my oldest daughter was born a few years ago. Still occasionally get a tinge of desire to buy another one. Gonna have to make this fiero DAMN fast to make up for it I guess peace

Pete
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my sentiments exactly..... Love the sportbike, long live the sportbike...not a big fan of stretch swingarms. Damn I miss those things, but I would probably kill myself now on one. I sold my last one when my oldest daughter was born a few years ago. Still occasionally get a tinge of desire to buy another one. Gonna have to make this fiero DAMN fast to make up for it I guess peace

Pete

You buy me KTM Superduke and I will ride it for you.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Naah...KTM RC8 is more my speed...or basically an Ducati Superbike. hehehe

Lfiero67, what is the next step for you for tuning this monster into the nines? Care to share your thoughts on it.... Again SMOKIN' run man. peace

Pete
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually it is quite difficult to properly launch a sportbike that powerful. Pete

Honestly, this is what I was talking about. On a street, right next to a car, with the street lined with people and cars....? Damn stupid to be honest. If that bike would have gotten squirrely, he could have taken out quite a few people, not to mention himself. That wasn't a race worthy run on the bike's part and it was an idiotic scene in the first place. Sorry guys, not trying to come off as a crotchety old guy, but there's a reason why street racing has become highly illegal in most places. A woman and her two children were killed while driving in their family minivan here in Houston not too long ago due to a street race between two idiots. Screwing around is one thing, we've all done a little bit of this, but what I saw on that video was nothing to brag about in any sense. Anyway, as you all were, I'm not going to drag this out and ruin the thread with it. Just stating my opinion.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

What year was the bike? There's something like a 30 hp difference between the 2004-2005 and the 2008-2011 on the 1000 rr's. The video also looked like he didn't really launch for crap. That honestly looked more like what my bike would have done, and it's only a 115hp 675 cc. I'm not saying your car isn't fast, we all know it is, but that video is crap and the rider of the bike should have completely destroyed you even if it was a 2004-2005 @ only 148 hp. That had more to due with an inexperienced rider than anything else. BTW for everyone gauging what fast is by street racing, you guys should keep in mind that most people are over the whole street racing thing now. Too many innocent people have been killed by idiotic young punks that don't know any better.

09. It is also quite modded... Runs on E85. Rider has put 50k+ miles on 2 wheels, been 9's more than a few times on that bike as well.

amazing you can tell "what your bike would have done" from a dark video where the guy was 300feet away, with absolutely zero information.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock