Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thanks for the Inspiration Fie Ro! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thanks for the Inspiration Fie Ro! by Mark A. Klein
Started on: 01-26-2012 10:02 PM
Replies: 52 (2070 views)
Last post by: RCR on 01-01-2018 06:04 PM
Mark A. Klein

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the photoshopped photo that I am attempting to do! My face book wall has the in progress pictures... I will try to post them here when I get time....

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1493164112&ref=tn_tnmn#!/profile.php?sk=wall

Opps most pictures are too large... I will have to cut them down. or go to my facebook wall... until I get back here!

I will be making Jon's (Fiero Addiction) hood vents as well when the time comes...

If anyone can reduce the photos, let me know or send me a link to do so...

[This message has been edited by Mark A. Klein (edited 01-27-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very professional look! it even looks like a Pontaic!

edit: I would fix that honeycomb stuff tho.....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 01-27-2012).]

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's try this again....
Donor Car

This is what everyone else wants I will be making them also, but maybe wider

Getting ready! Why waste a good bumper?

The original good bumper, The new donor bumper, and whats's in the bag?

A brand new bumper to cut up!

OK, What do you think?

Mark carefully

Note the damage on the driver's side... Good use of a bad bumper...

Looking good?

Cutting started....

This may make a good chin spoiler?

???

Mark Carefully ! This will be 6 maybe 8 pieces before it done...
Nothing could be better for a new Honda Bumper to be transformed into something Great!

It is important to know which side of the line you are cutting on...

This is all for now! More to come.... encourage me!

[This message has been edited by Mark A. Klein (edited 04-20-2014).]

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great! Keep it up!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very original! I like it for many reasons not the least of which is because you're forging your own path instead of following the herd. Something about it looks familiar, though not Honda related. Sort of Mitsubishi mated to a Dodge Charger maybe?
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few more cutting pictures....

[img

]//images.fiero.nl/2012/19.jpg[/img]

These pictures will make a LOT more sense when the pieces are reassembled....
Everyone has asked me to reproduce Jon Rokcrawls hood vents posted eariler...
Should I keep them the same or makes them wider.... I will only make 1 mold...
Anyone want a front bumper as well???

[This message has been edited by Mark A. Klein (edited 01-28-2012).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i've always thought the 90's BMW M3 front bumper would look cool molded into the Fiero but... i love Fie Ro's car so.. have at it!
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

i've always thought the 90's BMW M3 front bumper would look cool molded into the Fiero but... i love Fie Ro's car so.. have at it!

Who doesn't love Fie Ro's car? He could have saved me a lot of trouble if he would have made these available.... But I do also want to get rid of the pop up headlights!!! So maybe this is better.... Getting ready to start piecing it back together...
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw some of the pics yesterday and now their gone is pip still acting up?
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see all of them...
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love a front bumper like that, hell that's worth at least a kidney , any chance of making the hood extractor a bit longer similar the the 03 cobra hood doesn't have to be deep just flow a bit more down the hood, and pip is weirs i can see the pics now.
PFF
System Bot
wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would be interested in bumper...its different and it gets rid of the pop up head light.....so count me in
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is amazing how much time it takes to align things.....
The hardest thing to do so far was break down and actually cut the brand new Headlight (turn signal) lenses.....

Opps! Still hits.... Here....

Now that just enough....

Trial Fitting......

Easier to align with the hood on.... Headlight needs to go left....

This vertical support needs to come forward....

There are a lot of little tweaks needed to make it look right.

wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
but the good thing is its going to look great... keep it up
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, not much progress today!
A little more trimming...

Opps! That was not supposed to happen... Broke the upright off when
trying to bend it more upright! Should have warmer it first!

This is how we fix it...

It is hard to hold all of this in alignment.....

Time for stiches.... Just a few in my finger while trimming parts.....
More tomorrow?
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see why you wish to emulate that car. Fie-ro did an amazing job on that car and the interior is by far one of the best I have ever seen anywhere. I would love to try to recreate that interior in my next fiero but that takes some serious glass skills I am not sure I have. Peace

Pete

wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was wondering are you going to keep the grid in lower section or cut out and keep open?
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For molding purposes it has to go. I can't mold the grill in when fiberglassing... I will have to make something up to insert after it is done. For right now it adds stiffness to help keep things in alignment.
wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for me personally ,i would do no grills,like the picture on the beginning of post.....and again hope you make an extra one or two cause this is going to be bad azz....keep it up
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it stretch time...

It is amazing what you can do in a 6" vise!

Fitting...

Final form...

Backiing for filler to come....

Trying to get some sort of reference....

It all takes time...

Decided to make supports to hold up the original facia....
to prevent sag....

Opps! Dang these Honda Bumpers are brittle....

Too many pictures???

Runnnig out of time today...

Maybe more tomorrow...
wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great ,,wish i had your talent...and patience..
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never too many pictures

Heat is your friend when you're bending that stuff... nice project!
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, a little at a time.....

Slowly... Bonding together....

trial fit again......

Getting closer....

Side view!

Time for cardboard????

Cardboard is easier than sheet metal...

Now to remake in sheetmetal....

I need to find my new Pontiac crest soon!

Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's coming a long great! this is something I would like to try in the near future. These cars look fantastic with a shortened nose IMO
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I need to make the upper grill supports...

Something like this???

Now out of sheetmetal...

Uprights on the lower section.... Soon it will help tie the front end together....

Some days you spend a lot of time and not much gets done....

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hat off to you for your hard work looking good.
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been assualted for not working and posting more pictures...
Some personal issues have developed that are much more important
than any car...

But I have done a little that have not been posted...

We need something to hang the new bumper on....

Repositioning this about 6 times!!!! It is very difficult to get it centered...

There will have to be extensive support made and installed to hold it in the proper place for the right results!

Hopfully things will smooth out at home... and I will get some more work done...
wee twisted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wee twistedSend a Private Message to wee twistedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good..... keeping it going when u can....its just a project like u said......
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought i might suggest poly carbonate silicone to join those headlights together if you can get a true clear.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the head lights going to be high enough off the ground? Thats a lot of work and it looks good but I would hate to be a ticket magnet if its not legal.
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of the legal headlight requirement is per state? It does not matter as I will use this regardless. In Iowa there is not a big push on this issue. The actual height is 19" at the bottom of the head light and 23 1/2" at the top.
I have worked just a little on it this last week, but I have been under the weather all week... I have the day off but don't feel well enough to work on it. I don't do my most creative work when I don't feel well. I want this to turn out nice... I don't what any mistakes because I compromised due to hurrying..
If you know what the legal requirement is, please list it here...
Thanks, Mark

From an internet search:
Headlight heights are always measured from ground level to the center of the lowest bulb on a vehicle's headlight assembly. The follow states mandate that headlight height be between 24 and 54 inches from ground level: Alaska, Arkansas, Washington DC, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas. Colorado mandates a maximum light height (44 inches), but not a minimum.

This makes it about 3" too low in the above mentioned states... But it will not effect me.... 8)

Read more: Height Regulations for Headlights | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5...s.html#ixzz1nz5WsOtW

The Texas Department of Public Safety notes that measurements should be taken when the vehicle is parked on level ground and is not carrying a load. The department also notes that drivers who have altered their vehicle's height should ensure that the headlights meet state requirements, as there is no exemption or exception to the law for vehicles that have been altered.

Read more: The Legal Height for Headlights in Texas | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7...s.html#ixzz1nz9pM47F

[This message has been edited by Mark A. Klein (edited 03-02-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At one time I was looking at fixed head lights with a custom front end. What I planed on doing was raising the front of the hook 3 inches to meet the correct height.
But I ended up with a Norms flipper instead.

I like where you are going with your project. Do you plan on making a mold or will it be a one off?
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted Fie Ro to make a mold from his for years.... I think I want maybe three of these.... My parts WILL not be the quality of Amida's for sure.... But I do plan to make them available somehow....
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for long delay. Not sure where I am at on the home front.... More confused than anything.... Alway I worked on the Kayak today to get to the garage without my wife going of....

Now I can work on the car a little...

A little diffrent angle

I will go working more on this now.....

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a little inspiration to keep it going. I found a convertible top off a caviler, started installing 13.25" disks off a Chrysler Lebaron. But boy is it cold in the garage....

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting project, I will be watching your progress. Looks like a time consuming project. Have you done custom body work projects like this before? I don't have the guts to just dive into something like this.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was looking pretty good, Mark. I can't believe I missed this thread originally. Unfortunately, your car looks a lot like mine right now.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-24-2014).]

Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see some more progress on this bumper! I can't wait to see the final product! I don't know if you remember me, but I was the guy that came over a few years ago and got the bottom half of the GT bumper you cut up!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats sweet. I could see myself riveting together some cool stuff like that. I always thought there probably wasnt a filler for the seams, etc..that would hold up? With temperature changes and flexing I would worry it might crack or lift? What type filler to use?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats sweet. I could see myself riveting together some cool stuff like that. I always thought there probably wasnt a filler for the seams, etc..that would hold up? With temperature changes and flexing I would worry it might crack or lift? What type filler to use?

Use urethane to fix urethane.

OP, are you getting some color now that your looking out of the box? (pleasant ville movie joke). Looking good thus far.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 02-24-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay