Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Thanks for the Inspiration Fie Ro! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Thanks for the Inspiration Fie Ro! by Mark A. Klein
Started on: 01-26-2012 10:02 PM
Replies: 52 (2070 views)
Last post by: RCR on 01-01-2018 06:04 PM
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats sweet. I could see myself riveting together some cool stuff like that. I always thought there probably wasnt a filler for the seams, etc..that would hold up? With temperature changes and flexing I would worry it might crack or lift? What type filler to use?

I could be wrong, but I think he is going to use this as a plug to pull a mold from so that he doesn't have to worry about crack/lift from using different materials.
IP: Logged
Mark A. Klein

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is the plan, to pull a plug to make it out of fiberglass. It simply would not hold up with all the vibration....

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mark A. Klein:

Yes, that is the plan, to pull a plug to make it out of fiberglass. It simply would not hold up with all the vibration....

Makes sense to me! Dont mind the newbie fiberglassing questions
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post ?!

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 02-25-2014).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
First: thanks for being an inspiration for you and sorry for chiming in late for more advice on your project. But you seem to get it going on your own way and that is good !
Here are a few things I want to share about my (your) project you may want to take into consideration or take your own look at, please learn from my mistakes, take it or leave it :

- Fiero's have a slight arrowshape /\ nose, the Honda is rounded. This on a Fiero may look like a little like it is 'smashed' in the center. At the time I thought it didn't matter but it did later. Its all in the details. For me this was the main reason it wasn't perfect enough to reproduce.

- I decided for a bigger 'mouth' section for front balance, sacrificing direct matching the front hood lines

- before taking a mold make sure everything is and looks right before making that mold and think you can correct it later. It will be more work.

- I think adding the stock fastback front lip is a great way to blend the nose to the stock Fiero lines

You should have kept this one, I think you will need an additional splitter anyway to blend the nose to the rest of the body and give it some 'balls'

I am sure I missed a lot to tell, feel free to shoot some questions if needed. Good luck with the project
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
oh well tripple post. I or The System sucks.

edit: ok, if I screwed up; here is a picture of my bumper sitting in the new garage still waiting for my Fiero to show up..

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 02-25-2014).]

Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Snuck off to the garage today.

If anyone is interested in the hood extractors, Please let me know now. It will be much more difficult to copy them after they are installed. I plan on making at least 2 copies for myself. (sons)

Still working on the 4.9 l as well...

Finished the 11.25" brakes that fit under the factory wheels as well.

[This message has been edited by Mark A. Klein (edited 04-21-2014).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks real good, Mark.

Bob
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened to the pictures?
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see pictures. any current pictures though? nice looking.
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please someone bug me to finish this project! I need inspiration.... This year's resolution is to work on this card!
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really like to see this completed. Having a modern car's headlights is something I have always wanted for my Fiero. The work looks great so far.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark,
I see I posted last almost 4 yrs ago. Sometimes life makes working on one's hobby difficult. All you have to do is look at my journey. I love working on the car probably more than the car itself. As long as you enjoy it, then it's worth finishing. Everything looked great and Fie Ro proved it could be done. So, why not get back to work?

Bob

------------------

My Build

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave