Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hulki Aldikacti’s Personal Fiero (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hulki Aldikacti’s Personal Fiero by wesailit57
Started on: 06-23-2011 12:05 AM
Replies: 165 (9316 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 12-25-2015 08:53 AM
wesailit57

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wesailit57Send a Private Message to wesailit57Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is interesting. Very clean car as well.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that would make a sweet chop top... LOL
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find this quite interesting as well. Two things I find particularly so - first, Hulki chose and automatic... hmm. Second, it's got the sunroof sunshade. Don't see too many of those.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is really interesting. Wonder what the reserve is.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Man that would make a sweet chop top... LOL

too funny but i agree this one is a collectible.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! This should go in the 88 registry (if we are still doing that).

If I had the money and place to put it I would but to right now. It looks almost exactly like my last Fiero.

I agree this is a "Fiero Museum" level car, along with the pacecar, the prototypes, the IMSAs, maybe the Plazma and GBCT, etc.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would think the father of the Fiero would have drove a manual.. lol..
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this goes to a forum member who will preserve it. Drive it of course but preserve it.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The history and low miles makes this a collector car...

To modify or drive it would ruin the value.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Current bid at $8,100 and reserve not met? There must be some collectors with very deep pockets out there.In my view this is just another nice Fiero. It is just one of 400,000 Fieros made and I believe the seller wants $25 grand for it.
This Turkish Hulki character; is he really that famous and was his achievement that remarkable? His team just took a Celebrity front end, used available GM engines, transmissons and numerous items from the parts bins, and assembled everything in a new body. Big deal. This type of thing is done every day.
With all the hype you'd think that this guy was Henry Ford.
There is no end to the stupidity of the Amercan car collector. If the bid goes to $20 grand + we will know for sure.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

That is really interesting. Wonder what the reserve is.

It's at $8100.00 reserve not met. But he did say he would take a Mera plus money, so maybe $15,000 to $20,000.00 reserve.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

To most, it's just a low mileage GT and it will likely sell based on that.

Some may be willing to a 'premium' (ie: more money) for the sentimental and historic value they attach to it ...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree! I only see it as a low mileage Fiero and don’t see any value in who previously owned the car.

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode when George buys a car previously owned by John Voight but thinks it was owned by Jon Voight the actor…LOL funny!!!
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally as I have said before I sincerely HOPE that this car's price goes thru the roof.... Whatever you feel about the car or it's heritage it WAS owned by Hulki and the fellow has lots of doccumented proof of that. If you watch automotive auctions at all you know that sometimes it is just that kind of information and history that takes one nice car and takes it to a highly sought after collectible car. I do not know how many different cars I have seen that were apparently owned by some Movie actor or famous musician that went thru the roof on price SIMPLY due to that fact. This car would be a more modern version of say a Corvette that was owned By Zora Duntov for example... If such a car existed and was a very clean low mileage survivor it would be worth a fortune.... I really do not understand why anyone would feel differently about this car. We just watched a Formula low mileage survivor that was NOT owned by the fiero's creator go for $20k.... again, if we don't love these cars...WHO WILL???peace

Pete

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you Dennis
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love Fiero’s… hell I am spending more on my Fiero than most people spent on there new car setting in the driveway. I personally don’t feel any connection to any pervious owners of any of my cars.

Of course I always thought that baseball card collecting and pricing is just ridiculous… I will pay you $30,000 for a Babe Ruth baseball card… really it’s a piece of cardboard with a picture on it… LOL

It’s a low mileage Fiero to me, but I understand that some people get emotional over objects. I love cars and drive cars; I’m not starting a museum.

Here’s a thought… someone on PFF start a new thread and collectively buy the Hulki Fiero and put it into a museum. I figure this car is priced at $15,000 - $20,000 - $25,000 so 250 X $100.00 gives ya $25,000 to buy it. Surely there are 250 people who want this car in a museum. I personally am wondering why the family did not donate it to a museum. Talk about not loving the Fiero
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes but it includes that sweet jacket!
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like there are two wood screws screwed into the lower left of the radio surround.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

This Turkish Hulki character; is he really that famous and was his achievement that remarkable? His team just took a Celebrity front end, used available GM engines, transmissons and numerous items from the parts bins, and assembled everything in a new body. Big deal. This type of thing is done every day.
With all the hype you'd think that this guy was Henry Ford.

He fooled the GM management into letting him build a unique, American made, midengine sports car that is fun to drive, easy to work on, inexpensive, and is still coveted over 25 years later, when they thought he was building another crappy Chevette commuter car.

Quite an accomplishment.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim_Martin29

702 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Has anyone else noticed that it has been repainted or it was special ordered for him?

The ground effect panels are white, not gray and the wheel spokes are black instead of gray.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:

Has anyone else noticed that it has been repainted or it was special ordered for him?

The ground effect panels are white, not gray and the wheel spokes are black instead of gray.

They're supposed to be like that. Its an '88.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats 88 only trim level.............. completely stock.
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really? I didn't realize the '88 didn't have the two-tone body paint. All the more reason to look for an '88.
wesailit57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wesailit57Send a Private Message to wesailit57Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the guy who should buy this car:

CEO R.J. Scaringe of the new Rivian (formerly Avera motors)

It should sit in the lobby of the engineering facility, all the talk of the "NEW" things he's doing are just pushing what Hulki did years ago.
At least he doesn't have a GM to answer to. can you IMAGINE what a Fiero could have been. He should have it there as a constant reminder NOT to compromise.
The similarities between the NEW Rivian car and the Fiero are amazing. I think I'll drive over to head quarters and park my Formula in his parking place
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To leave it sit would ruin the car.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

To leave it sit would ruin the car.

A problem car museums face everyday, but surely they take the correct steps, right?

I think the value of this car cannot be understated, especially to this community.

I'm poor at present but if I had the money I would go after this car, even for $25K. I can only hope whoever buys it takes car of it. Stock 88GTs with low mileage are rare enough. Having Hulki's BEST version of his creation that HE personally owned would be great.

I guess I fail to see why the former owner is irrelevant to some posters here.
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

You would think the father of the Fiero would have drove a manual.. lol..

I would also think it would have t-top's on it...

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

.In my view this is just another nice Fiero.

And the Earth is just another crusty iron ball orbiting the sun. Anything can be minimized. This car is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. I suspect that a die hard collector would value it highly.

I'm surprised that Hulki's BFF wouldn't want it?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW!!!
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wesailit57:

Interesting Fiero on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item20ba83202f

Welcome to the Forum, btw.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And the Earth is just another crusty iron ball orbiting the sun. Anything can be minimized. This car is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. I suspect that a die hard collector would value it highly.

I'm surprised that Hulki's BFF wouldn't want it?

LOL, Hulki's BFF DOES want it. However, it would be hard to own this car while in jail. Because I would have to rob a bank right now to pay for it. I also do not have the proper storage facility for this car. But if I were to own it, it would see at least a few hundred miles a year, and I would have to have Hulki autograph the map pocket.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious to know why he took possession of it in August of 1989, which is a full year after the Fiero was discontinued.
Did Pontiac dealers have that bad amount of excess inventory for well over a year on Fieros?
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just in case it passed unnoticed, the car is listed in the mall:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/057563.html

Even though it's automatic I would still consider this car if I had the cash. It's of course in beautiful condition, and not everyone can say they sat where Hulki once did.
wesailit57

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wesailit57Send a Private Message to wesailit57Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the welcome !
Had an 84 back in 85, I liked it but the wife tore the tranny out of it.
Got a 88 Formula back in December and it's fun to drive again.
Guess I'm an old timer and a newbie all in one

Sure wouldn't mind having that 88 GT of Hulki's, but somebody keeps out bidding me
I sure hope it's one of you guys !!

My guess after watching lots of Barret / Jacksons.......................$ 14,200.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I bid on it. Actually it was at its $200 starting price, and I bid $2000 Sure made for a fast jump in the price though
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See....I knew there was a reason I socked away some clams!!!! Wife has cleared me in hot and I am too close for missles so I am switching to guns!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 06-24-2011).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC,
This car was on Craigslist in the Ft. Meyers area for $7000 just a couple months ago. Guy was moving and had to sell it.
I guess the new owner just wanted to turn a quick buck.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if Hulki did own it then he didn't care much about it... hince the low miles.

imho i think the low miles are nice but that whole ad smells of something fishy.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

if Hulki did own it then he didn't care much about it... hince the low miles.

imho i think the low miles are nice but that whole ad smells of something fishy.

Like what?

And low mileage doesn't neccessarily mean he didn't care. Maybe it was his 2nd or 3rd car - being a GM exec he probably had a number of company cars. That or he wanted to keep it as nice as possible, already knowing it was the last of its kind.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock