Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ferrari 308 "Stinger" Kit Registry (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ferrari 308 "Stinger" Kit Registry by Bloozberry
Started on: 10-08-2010 04:51 PM
Replies: 162 (22273 views)
Last post by: Rn2016 on 11-30-2017 10:27 AM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BB: Thanks so much for explaining about the decklid and showing it in pictures. That's exactly what I had envisioned it was, but couldn't really visualize what was done about/with the hinges.

So cool, I can't imagine the driving experience you get while tooling around in that masterpiece....all I can think of is "priceless"! You should be very proud. Thanks again for sharing.

Hard to accept that no other stinger owners have chimed in here to "register" their cars...does this mean there weren't that many actually produced, they don't belong/know about the forum, or most of them are history? No way to know for sure. I'll just keep my eye on ebay and maybe C/L and again, sure would like to know what happened to the original moulds.

There have to be at least a couple more out there somewhere. w8n4ya has sold his, as far as I can tell from his posts. So that's two that are known, got to be some others out there.....somewhere!

"Take her out mr. Sulu....third star to the left......."

Thanks Bloozberry.

HAGO!
IP: Logged
Uniquekind

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UniquekindSend a Private Message to UniquekindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blooz,

You mentioned you had pictures of your car and your neighbors 308 next to each other, but haven't posted them yet. I'd really like to see those. Also, if you have a shot of yours next to a Mera, I'd like to see that as well. Beautiful car, and excellent work. Your stinger is the first Fierari I've seen that gets my heart thumping!

--Nick
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the motion presented by Uniquekind above. Bloozberry, should you happen to see this, we're waiting "with baited breath" to see your comparision pics, or any other pics for that matter, of your stinger kit and/or the 355.

Oh, and a bumperoonie too.

HAGO!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Shame on you Batousai666! That ad is for a 412 Berlinetta Boxer kit (me thinks someone needs reading glasses...)

whoops you are right!! what the heck was i drinking, that night??

i got you mixed with the Corson 308 Guys, i chat with.....sorry about that

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uniquekind:
You mentioned you had pictures of your car and your neighbors 308 next to each other, but haven't posted them yet. I'd really like to see those. Also, if you have a shot of yours next to a Mera, I'd like to see that as well.

Originally posted by Sage:
I second the motion presented by Uniquekind above.

The pictures with both cars in them aren't as great for comparison purposes because to get both cars in the same shot makes them tiny. I'll see what I can do to get some better ones but in the meantime, here are some photos of real 308's from the internet vs my Stinger. The real Ferrari is the top car in all three pictures.

As I believe I've mentioned before, the main differences are the lack of a small triangular vent window on the doors and the slight rake in B pillar on the real 308 as seen below. The real 308 also has the American spec bumpers which stick way out there. I liked the look of the European spec bumpers and recessed them accordingly. (Also, note that for comparison's sake I created a mirror image of the real Ferrari so things like the windwhield wipers are reversed only in the image).

In this next photo, the curved rear glass on the actual 308 is the main difference between the two.

And finally in this last photo, it appears as though the real 308 has significantly more curvature to the decklid, but that's mostly an effect of the camera lens as both are much closer in real life. Although not noticeable in this photo, the Stinger is acutally 3" wider.

If there are other views you'd like, just let me know and I'll see what I can do to show you the differences. As for photo comparisons between the Stinger and the Mera, I'd rather not. I've already alluded to some of the differences earlier on and many people already know what to look for.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very, very nice! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post those, it IS appreciated.

HAGO!
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blooz

In the past I saw this Stinger Spyder on Ebay.

Stingers are very rare, I've heard less then a dozen out there?? How rare must a Stinger spyder be ??? Thanks from having this thread, I've alway been a Stinger fan. Hope the Stinger owners get the word and chime in here.

Corson #25
Mera 8151 (The Last One Built)
Maine F40

[This message has been edited by Fieromaineac (edited 08-14-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that Fieromaineac. I must admit that's the first convertible Stinger I've seen, although I have seen a real 308 that had been converted. I'd like to know what it looks like with the top up. Got any other pics?
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes there is a top, a sad looking top but, this Stinger spyder has a top.

This top looks like it belongs to another car. Makes since, as this Stinger spyder is a one of a kind car. A custom designed / fabricated, one of a kind top would cost a pretty penny.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I asked! But at least now I know why you hadn't posted them earlier.
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometime ago w8n4ya blogged on Madmechanics and I quote:

"A forum friend of ours, BC308 V8 (David), has just emailed me pictures of his most recent find. He's kindly allowed me to post and share them with the Kit Car community. What you see here is a replica 308 GT QV *convertible* designed and built by Luc Chartrand Automotive. David was able to contact Luc himself, and after having seen the photos Luc will verify (in writing) that this car was the only convertible...and the last 308 replica he built. WOW!

David, you must feel as proud as Mel Fisher, because this discovery is like finding the Atocha! Luc recalls having assembled only 15 to 20 of the 308 Quattrovalvole replicas and only 1 was a convertible! Thank you for sharing this with us. If you have any questions about the car, I'm sure BC308 V8 will gladly answer them for you. I will try to post the photos in the Custom Car Blog gallery, but for now, enjoy these little appetizers."

http://www.madmechanics.com...are-collectible.html

If this info is true, "15 to 20 cars were assembled by Luc Chartrand Automotive, only one being a convertible". No hint here as to how many kits were sold ........

w8n4ya pic of the only Stinger convertible.

PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that additional info about the possible number of cars that were built by Luc Chartrand. That's great information for this thread. I can't imagine there were too many that were sold as kits simply because the car wasn't very developed for the do-it-yourselfer. As I mentioned on the first page of this thread, I wrote the lion's share of the instruction manual for them since I was the first one to buy the car in kit form and got the interior pieces on exchange for writing and photographing my build back in the '92-'95 timeframe.

As for the convertible Stinger, it appears to be a replica of the real ones that a German company called DP converted for a few customers (well, the body design anyways... I sure hope they designed a better looking top) Here are a few pictures I scanned in from a book I have called The Complete Guide to the Ferrari 308 - 328 - Mondial by Wallace A. Wyss. Note how the decklid line extending along the top of the fender from the tail to the rear edge of the door is very similar in design to the Stinger convertible in your photos. I'm not sure I like the way that line bulges upward towards the cabin, but it's very authentic to the DP conversion. Notice how they didn't consider creating sail panels using the convertible fabric as they do on more modern Ferraris.

Here's the only other photo of the DP converted car in the book.

Here's the only other convertible 308 I could find (Google Images). Again, this is a real 308 that has been converted but notice how on this car they recreated the sail panels, which to me is more appealing. It doesn't give that pick-up truck look to it that a truncated roof line does when the roof is up. Doesn't look like there's much of a rear window though.

baggs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baggsSend a Private Message to baggsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, haven't posted in a while but you guys were talking about the convertible stinger. I posted earlier that the convertible is in southern Ontario, Leamington to be exact and the owner has tried a few times to sell it but with no luck. I've spoken to him on the phone and he's not that motivated to sell his stinger or his 355 replica but has posted it on ebay a few times to see if he'll get his asking price. He mentioned he's wife wants more garage space.
As far as I know he's still got it.
DaveC

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveCSend a Private Message to DaveCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my! That is the best Ferrari 308 replica I have ever seen Blooz!! SO Awesome!
I don't think you'll ever be parting with her.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave... you're probably right about not ever wanting to part with it... just way too much of "me" into it. Now all I need is some of your 180 degree headers to make it sound more "Maranello" and less "Detroit".
DaveC

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveCSend a Private Message to DaveCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dave... you're probably right about not ever wanting to part with it... just way too much of "me" into it. Now all I need is some of your 180 degree headers to make it sound more "Maranello" and less "Detroit".

Haha, I think we could arrange that. I'd absolutely LOVE to come to NS someday. It's always been a dream of mine, and whilst there, we could make it happen!

baggs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baggsSend a Private Message to baggsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Convertible Stinger for sale on kijiji.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-...e-W0QQAdIdZ484806010
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good eye there baggs... it's a nice looking car, Dual Twin Cam, convertible, interior, it seems to have the "works" and for $13K it's incredibly inexpensive. I wonder if it's a roadster or if he has a roof for it...
baggs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for baggsSend a Private Message to baggsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blooz, I believe this is the one and only convertible Stinger made. I've got pics of the convertible in leamington, ON that was for sale a while back and this is it. I guess he was able to sell it and now the new owner is parting with it? I don't think there is a hardtop made for it but it does have a soft top - not a great one though. Looks like a nice ride regardless, I'd re-do the interior though and try to get it looking as close to the real 308 interior as possible. 355fiero, is currently re-doing his Mera clone's interior to a more authentic looking 308 interior. I look forward to seeing how that turns out - maybe the new standard for 308 replica interiors.

[This message has been edited by baggs (edited 05-21-2013).]

355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Baggs;

Been a long time since we chatted buddy.

I agree Blooz's stinger is the best replica I have seen. My interior is done, the paint is on the whole car and now I am about to start putting everything back together in the next couple weeks once the Countach front bumper/Air dam and flares are done.... I wish I had a Stinger to start with as it is so much nicer than the other 308 clones.....

Cheers
Don
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blooz i still love your car!
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys... I still love driving it! Now if the weather would only clear and warm up around here...
Stinger 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinger 007Send a Private Message to Stinger 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up what I think is a old Stinger Fiero thats been in storage for about 10 yrs..
it wasnt finished, but has a pretty good start.
Car was bought out of Canada according to the last owner back in the late 80s.

(too revive an older thread...)
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics?....and is it for sale?

Yes, sorry for jumping the gun, just got excited about your possibly discovering a here-to-for unknown/forgotten about Stinger kit, welcome to you. You will most likely find answers to any questions you may have about your newly aquired Fiero here on Pennocks. There is a wealth of information and resource here, some of the members know more about Fieros than the people who designed them, or so it would seem at times.

I for one am curious as to whether or not you have indeed found an actual Stinger kit, and am obviously anxious to see pictures if/when you care to post them. Should you need help posting them, someone can also help with that, just ask.

Either way, as Bloozberry said, welcome to you, hope to see more about your new aquisition.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 12-16-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. I'd be interested in seeing a few pics of it too.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was it purchased out of Ontario and listed as a 328 replica for 18000?

------------------

Stinger 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinger 007Send a Private Message to Stinger 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is exactly how I got it over the weekend..
first thing I want to do, see if and how well it runs or not.
Then Im going to get rid of some of the gap in the wheelwell and lower it.
Wont cost much and make it look closer to what its suppose to look like.
then do some more cleaning up on it and decide whether Im going to keep it or
possibly flip it, not sure yet.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a Stinger kit from what I can tell.

Could be a Fejer kit or other Mera clone. Main give-a-way (for me) is the hood configuration and the lack of decklid seperation on the B pillars. Can also tell by the shape of the side scoops.

Nice find if you got it priced right! What engine? Like the wheels too. Can be a very good looking ride if finished correctly. Like I said above, you should be able to find answers to anything you come up against from the members here.

Congrats on a good find!

HAGO!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the photo. Even though it's not a Stinger 308, it is a nice example of a Mera clone. In case you weren't aware, GM sold through its dealerships a 308 replica designed and built by Corporate Concepts of Capac Michigan in 1987 and 88. Google Mera for more details. Several companies splashed moulds off of the Meras and sold them as their own "design" including one company called Fejer here in Canada. Yours looks to be one of these cars.

The telltale signs are things like the decklid that opens up inside the perimeter of the roof fairings rather than having a large portion of the fairing being part of the decklid, the hood being the full width of the car rather than being only the middle third, the shallow air scoops on the doors, and the headlight openings that are too short to include separate headlight pods and grills. If you're not sure what I mean, have a closer look at some of the photos of mine throughout this thread.

It's a great looking car nonetheless... there is a huge thread here on the forum devoted just to Meras here: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077195.html and depending how close you want to make it look to the real Ferrari 308, there are several guys here on the forum that have taken Meras or Mera clones and made a few of the changes I've listed above to the fiberglass.

(Edit to add: I see Sage beat me to the reply... he's one of the guys in the planning stage for some of the changes to his car)

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 12-16-2013).]

Stinger 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinger 007Send a Private Message to Stinger 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the original owner bought the car out of Canada partially done almost the way you see it.
there are a box of parts that came with it too, grills, true Ferrari emblems even..
The rims are Cheviot rims, out of Australia made for kit cars back in the 80s too.
Its not a bad looking start.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very good start from what I can tell.

Looks like the panels are lined up right, that's half the battle right there!

If you want to put in the time, effort and money, that looks like it can be a very nice ride when finished.

Course, I'm biased, I really like the 308 body lines, so all of em' look good to me, but it does have to be done right to be right.

Take a look through this thread from the start and check out the post that Bloozberry provided a link for.

Invaluable knowledge to be gained in what you have and what it can be in just those two threads, and there are others as well.

It looks like the front valance panel (under the front bumper) is a seperate piece on your car, so I'm wondering if there were different versions of the Fejer kits, as the one I have (also a Fejer) includes that panel as part of the entire front clip. Fejer produced his bodies out of Barrie Ont. so it was "assumed" that yours might be one of his kits since you said it came from Canada. But "All kits in Canada are not necessarily Canadian", and, "All Canadian kits are not necessarily in Canada." As was stated earlier, there were more than a few kit bodies based on the same design, and not all made by the same hands.

Any way you go, judging from just the one picture, it looks like whoever got it to the point it is now, did it as right as they knew how, cause it looks pretty good so far.

Keep us posted on your progress/decision about it's future.

Good luck and thanks for posting the picture.

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stinger 007:

first thing I want to do, see if and how well it runs or not.
Then Im going to get rid of some of the gap in the wheelwell and lower it.
Wont cost much and make it look closer to what its suppose to look like.
then do some more cleaning up on it and decide whether Im going to keep it or
possibly flip it, not sure yet.

I don't think its a Mera either If the front bumper is original, from the looks and comparing kits it defiantly is not a stinger due to the door handles and the marker lights incorporated into the beltline. And yes It needs lowered,,, Very nice find though, Contact EVM_rob for you're replacement parts, I have a mera body that was slapped onto an 86 frame I'm working on, Need any pointers or advice Give me a shout, Did it come with the taillights? Also please tell me you have the other headlight piece that's not in the picture As I think EVM_rob's are a slightly different design.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 12-17-2013).]

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This guy emails me with an email titled Mera Registration. I email him back saying he has a kit car. His reply:

its still a Fiero underneath
JUST LIKE YOUR PILE OF S..T
what an arrogant f..k you are.

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:33 PM, Dayle Gray <motorsport_...@...oo.com> wrote:
In my opinion, they are all kit cars...
whats the difference ??

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:52 PM, Rodney Dickman <rodney1@execpc.com> wrote:
You have a kit car.

Why the attitude???

Rodney

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 12-18-2013).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

This guy emails me with an email titled Mera Registration. I email him back saying he has a kit car. His reply:

its still a Fiero underneath
JUST LIKE YOUR PILE OF S..T
what an arrogant f..k you are.

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:33 PM, Dayle Gray <motorsport_...@...oo.com> wrote:
In my opinion, they are all kit cars...
whats the difference ??

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:52 PM, Rodney Dickman <rodney1@execpc.com> wrote:
You have a kit car.

Why the attitude???

Rodney

Some people's children....

Out of curiosity sake, what are the tell-tales that say the panels are not from a MERA? - If this is too off topic, please PM me...

Bob
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that we know Stinger 007's car isn't a Stinger, I'd like to suggest that a new thread be created so we can watch as he restores this beauty. In any case, this thread is about Stinger 308 kit cars/replicas so I would kindly ask that it stay on topic please. Thanks in advance.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In any case, this thread is about Stinger 308 kit cars/replicas so I would kindly ask that it stay on topic please.

Seconded...

HAGO!
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by baggs:

blooz, I believe this is the one and only convertible Stinger made.

If this is the only Stinger convertible made it was assembled and made by Luc Chartrand himself (I believe that is true but it has been a long time). I used to know Luc's brother Andreas when Andreas was living in Milwaukee. Andreas had a Stinger on an 84 chassis. Andreas told me Luc made the convertible for either his sister or aunt. Who assembled it and made it into a convertible is fuzzy but I believe it would be Luc as he is the wizard at this stuff. It has been many years now since Andreas lived here in Milwaukee. I met Luc once when he drove down to visit Andreas here in Milwaukee. Drove a very wild looking customized Honda motorcycle. Very sharp looking. Brought his wife or girlfriend. She was hot also. : )

Rodney
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow... a bookmobile?!

RichardA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichardASend a Private Message to RichardAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Everyone, New to the site but have to say I love it and think it will prove to be very useful as I just purchase one, an actual Stinger. Granted its not in perfect shape but I want it to be so I'm looking to not only restore it but improve on it as it really does not look as nice as some of the ones posted here. Especially the one Bloozberry has. I guess to start I would need to get as much details as possible on the kit itself. Granted I know of its history but I am not familiar with its assembly, does anyone actually have access to the manual that showed how this car was put together and what alternative parts were used. As an example my driver and passenger windows seal need to be replace and these are not stock Fiero parts. So what was used? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome....and I for one look forward to seeing progress reports on your car.

Did you buy an already completed car that needs refurbished, or an actual kit that never got installed?

I'm sure Bloozberry will see this post sooner or later, and offer his input.

You won't find anyone better versed in anything concerning the Stinger kit.

Don't quote me, but I think Bloozberry actually provided the Stinger kit builders with a "manual" to go with a DIY Stinger install.

Prior to that, the only way you could get one, was to have them build it for you, then you just wrote a check when it was completed.

Like I said, not hard proven facts, just my understanding of the situation.

We love pictures here, so no matter what shape your kit/car is in, we're gonna have to insist, (or at least request!), on pictures!

I believe you are talking about the dew wipes in your question about window seal, at least from my understanding of your question. You may have to use an existing dew wipe (window seal by your description) and modify it to fit your application.

I'm pretty sure that's what Bloozberry did for his. And you are right, His car is one of the nicest 308 replica's I've ever seen, and he has been very helpful to me and many others that are trying to build something similar.

Will be waiting for pictures! At the bottom of every forum page, (this one included), is the PIP icon. Click on it and it will walk you through the instructions for installing and using the Pennocks Image poster program. There are other ways to post pictures, but PIP works most of the time, though some have trouble with it and use other means.

Pics anytime!

HAGO!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay