Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Choptop Galloria.....post it here. (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Choptop Galloria.....post it here. by madcurl
Started on: 08-09-2004 03:26 PM
Replies: 835 (55524 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 11-27-2015 01:42 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This ^^^^^^ is the best pic I've seen on this thread.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old 2005 Daytona pics from 007 and Miss-tress007

Here's a low-end view of Dowdian's choptop. It's all about the angles on this baby. The pics don't do it justice though.

Pimpin' a chop ain't easy...but he definitely pulls it off in jscott's ride!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. We have a new one on board, hehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#3 V8Archie Chop Top , Roma Dino 246GT conversion

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharkman's

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another home brewed WIP, Will Martin's Chop top T-top

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more coming.

This is what it looked like Friday afternoon when we put it away for the weekend.

This is what it looked like when we wnt home today

I think this one is #17.

Archie

------------------

The New Home of V-8 Archie
I've got my Solstice ordered.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Allllll right !

Another one ! Can't wait to see who this belongs to.

Inching Closer to Number 20 !

Hehehe I know madcurl likes that number.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see a Northstar in the back so this can't be Madcurl's

Congratulations on getting #17 started. Anything more you can tell us about it? Will it stay a V6 or is there a small block in it's future?

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does anybody recognize the car or know who the proud owner of choptop #17 is ?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Congratulations on getting #17 started. Anything more you can tell us about it? Will it stay a V6 or is there a small block in it's future?

The car is an 85GT, Whil;e doing the chop we will be changing it to a Fastback. When he gets the car back home, he will be putting an LS1 into it. I've already shipped him the LS1 kit & he already has the engine.

So far each chop top has it's own unique story, this one may well be the 1st LS1 Chopper.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2005 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The car is an 85GT, While doing the chop we will be changing it to a Fastback. ...

Archie

If I knew you did that sort of thing I would have saved some effort and brought mine to you as a coupe

An Ls1 Chopper would be Sweeeeeet!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car is an 85GT, Whil;e doing the chop we will be changing it to a Fastback. When he gets the car back home, he will be putting an LS1 into it. I've already shipped him the LS1 kit & he already has the engine.

So far each chop top has it's own unique story, this one may well be the 1st LS1 Chopper.

Archie

Ohhh baby! Any pics of the LS1 engine before you shipped it? Will it be a manual or auto? What state is he/her from? When will you expect the chop'r to be finished?

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mod turnsignal. Black out...
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good!

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 07-22-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go:
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2005 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somebody here once said "it's all about the angles baby" well here are some mean a** angles of the GBCT !

Found those gems in the archives.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here’s one from my collection. I always liked this angle.

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2005 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I gotta build myself another Chop Top.

Here is another pics of the one we are working on now.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2005 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES, Archie, you SHOULD build your self another!!

EVERYONE loves a chop top!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot who shopped this one:

The man!

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 07-21-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2005 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DITTO.

All those pics of the GBCT bring back memories.

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2005 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Somebody here once said "it's all about the angles baby" well here are some mean a** angles of the GBCT !

Found those gems in the archives.

Excuse my language but - DAMN. That has got to be one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen, it still sets me on fire to this day. GBCT is what took me from wanting to cut a Fiero up for a kit, to really REALLY liking Fieros.

Masterfully done Archie, that car is the bomb.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

I never understood how you could not always have one of those gorgeous cars for yourself.

Man if i had your know how i would probably have like 5 for myself hehehe.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-22-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shark Warning !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-28-2005).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank Exoticse.

I got a set of nice GT tail lights after that meeting. Will finaly get the "PONTIAC" too light up again.
The former owner used black solid paint to hide that...

Will give an update on the rear lights here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053211.html

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics of black #17.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not going to spoil the surpise but look for a hot new picture in the coming days !!!

Get your drool buckets ready !!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics of chopper #10! He's rollin on some big boy steam roller rims. Stay tuned!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

New pics of chopper #10! He's rollin on some big boy steam roller rims. Stay tuned!

Correction: Big Billet aluminum rims w/Held 13" brake. Wow! JScott check your pm.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Correction: Big Billet aluminum rims w/Held 13" brake. Wow! JScott check your pm.

Without any further ado here are those big brakes, oh an nice wheels too.

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not going to spoil the surpise but look for a hot new picture in the coming days !!!

Get your drool buckets ready !!

Tony,
Sent you some new pics to post when you get back. (In addition to the ones Curly sent to jscott)

Jim

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah no problem jim, will post asap.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Here ya go.

Whoa nice size difference between the old and new !

Raise it up and let's get those puppies on !

Now we are talking ! Look at those brakes !

Jim were you going for that sort of old school look ? Turned out nice.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-17-2005).]

clintyrd skynyrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for clintyrd skynyrdSend a Private Message to clintyrd skynyrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont think i seen this pic in this thread. if its already here, my bad
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim were you going for that sort of old school look ? Turned out nice.

Since I'm 45, I guess I am "old school". I was just looking for something tough looking with lots of open area to show the brakes and easy to clean as well. I had settled on the Ronals, but the sales weasel backtracked when I tried to order custom offsets after promising it would be no problem to make a set. Turned out OK, though, as the Budniks cost less and I'm happy with the look. They are from the fat lip series with the valve stems near the center of the rim.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Without any further ado here are those big brakes, oh an nice wheels too.

Can you post the size/offset of the wheels and the size of the tires please?

Thanks!

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Can you post the size/offset of the wheels and the size of the tires please?

Thanks!

Sure - Fronts are 17 X 8 rims with 58mm offset (1 3/4" outboard of mounting flange and 6 1/4" inboard of mounting flange) and 235/45/17 tires.

Rears are 18 x 9 rims with 52mm offset (2 1/2" outboard of mounting flange and 6 1/2" inboard of mounting flange) and 285/45/18 tires.

I still have approx 1" clearance on the inside of the rears (with coilovers), as I was told the big brakes had no effect on offset, but the caliper mounting plates move the wheels outboard about 1/2 inch on each side. So, if you run a 9 1/2" wheel with more offset, a 295 will fit nicely under the car.

Jim

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2005 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Sure - Fronts are 17 X 8 rims with 58mm offset (1 3/4" outboard of mounting flange and 6 1/4" inboard of mounting flange) and 235/45/17 tires.

Rears are 18 x 9 rims with 52mm offset (2 1/2" outboard of mounting flange and 6 1/2" inboard of mounting flange) and 285/45/18 tires.

I still have approx 1" clearance on the inside of the rears (with coilovers), as I was told the big brakes had no effect on offset, but the caliper mounting plates move the wheels outboard about 1/2 inch on each side. So, if you run a 9 1/2" wheel with more offset, a 295 will fit nicely under the car.

Jim

MAN! That is one nice setup Jim! I always loved the muscle car look on Fieros.

One thing though, on the last sentence there, I think you meant to say with less offset. More offset would actually put it into the coilover.

Later,

--Will

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock