Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Choptop Galloria.....post it here. (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Choptop Galloria.....post it here. by madcurl
Started on: 08-09-2004 03:26 PM
Replies: 835 (55507 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 11-27-2015 01:42 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's car is that?

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Who's car is that?

V8Archie's.
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually don't like the looks of chopped notchies but that looks extremely slick.

Do many actually make it through paint? Seems like a lot of them stay primed or at least the pics are of them that way
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

Do many actually make it through paint? Seems like a lot of them stay primed or at least the pics are of them that way

I know that sometimes it looks like many of them are in primer.

Almost all of the cars we've done here leave here in primer because the owners of the cars are planning to do other modifications when they get their car home.

Also, we don't do paint here & I advise customers to have their cars painted close to their homes. That way, if the paint needs to be serviced in the future, they have a local body shop that originally did the paint that can do further paint work if wanted or needed.

Another thing is that we don't do the final prep for paint here unless we are going to do the paint. You see most body shops want to do the final sanding filling & prep at their shop. They then will know for sure what materials & methods were used, so they can make sure that their materials will stick to the prep work. A lot of painters will not guarantee their work if they didn't do the prep work. So if we were to do the prep here, we would have to charge for that additional labor. Then your paint shop back home would be charging you again for the same work before they'll paint it.

A lot of Fiero owners are watching their $$$ & don't want to pay to have the same work done twice.

In other words, we rough it in, get the basic shape & features & shoot some primer on it, then the body shop can prep it the way that they want.

If you've ever seen any of our invoices, you'll notice that we never promise or charge for final prep. We get them as nice as we can without having to charge the customer for final prep because we know that the body shop is going to charge them for it anyway.

Every customer that has ever been in here knows that I've sat them down in my office & discussed all this in detail with them before they left their car here. They know exactly what they're getting before work begins.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-10-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I usually don't like the looks of chopped notchies but that looks extremely slick.

Paint is usually the last thing you do.

Many of them are going thru various upgrades of brakes, wheels, engines, interiors, etc, IN ADDITION to the major cost of chops and widebodies, so unless you are loaded, it takes a lot longer than just a basic fiero.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I asked... I thought it was yours so was going to comment on the Mini Copper markers. Anyway like the none chop version better (MotorTV). This one looks kinda squashed.

Originally posted by madcurl:
V8Archie's.

I would drive it around for a few months to see if it develops stress cracks before painting.

Glad to see customer service has improved.

Originally posted by Archie:
Every customer that has ever been in here knows that I've sat them down in my office & discussed all this in detail with them before they left their car here. They know exactly what they're getting before work begins.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-10-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

I thought it was yours so was going to comment on the Mini Copper markers. Anyway like the none chop version better (MotorTV). This one looks kinda squashed.

Stay tuned. I already have a notchback 3800 SC/turbo awaiting the MadArch notchback wide body-I'm catapulting myself into the 3800SC crowd!
PhillSki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhillSkiSend a Private Message to PhillSkiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Archie

i was curious as to what other modifications your shop put on this notchie (other than the chop) because i was considering getting work and this looks similar to what i invisioned
are those the rocker panels sold on the website?

[This message has been edited by PhillSki (edited 08-10-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PhillSki:

i was curious as to what other modifications your shop put on this notchie (other than the chop) because i was considering getting work and this looks similar to what i invisioned
are those the rocker panels sold on the website?

For more information on this car check here:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000046-64.html

maybe go back a page or two. But its pretty well documented on what has been done to that car. If I wasn't still in college, I'd be all over it. It has everything I could want.

-Chopped
-Dropped (adjustible coil-overs)
-MadArch Widebody
-Mustang decklid vent
-Warber hood vent
-Stationary headlights (Love the 3000GT lamps!)
-The sideview mirrors (from a LeSabre)

and I'm sure there's more...
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a picture of the Purple Pavement Eater lined up at the slow drag competition at the Northwest Fiero Fest in Richland, Washington this year. Interesting perspective. Thanks for the picture, Bruce.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for a bump!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JD86GT350:

saw you on 41 today dude, looks great!

Yup that was prob me! lol I was prob on my way to or from work in Kaukauna.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Geez! Aside from piant it was perfect here

What more can you do to the car? Poor little thing. It's having all it's appendages chopped off.

Ok....Ok... I guess I must have faith in his vision for the car. So far he has built it nicely. I am interested to see what it turns into from here.

Car-lo had me do some photo chop's to help see what his idea will be when it's done and this is as close as I could get. It just keeps getting better

Before

After

Edit: just saw that he has a thread here now check it out here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000129.html
------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-06-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice picture! Some people have the gift of taking great pictures I do not have that gift
Keep up the great shots

Terry

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again Great shot! and maybe a little difficult?

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-04-2011).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Rwow, Rthat Rcar Ris Really Red!!!

Rbeautiful

Rarchie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You guys seriously need a new camera man. Where's the close-up and day time pics? It can't be that much discussion about 15" wheels. Take good pictures prior to taking about 15" wheels. Take a few day time picks. LOL. Heck, the last time I saw bad picks like that was when I had a camera phone back in 2001.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black !!

You are the king of the fuzzy pictures ! hehehehe

And it was like 2009 before you got a good camera !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black !!

You are the king of the fuzzy pictures ! hehehehe

And it was like 2009 before you got a good camera !!

Actually, it was 2008. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/060802.html I had a digital camera since 2001, but didn't know how-to connect using PIP here and work issues. I use myFiero.com from this point forward.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#010 currently has won four trophies-so far.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-07-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony I haven't poked my nose into this thread in a while, whose cars are these? Homebrewed, chop top kit or Archie?
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote for this one.... cool kid!! peace

http://www.youtube.com/watc..._in_order&playnext=4

Pete
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Tony I haven't poked my nose into this thread in a while, whose cars are these? Homebrewed, chop top kit or Archie?

The white notchie and grey fastback are Archie modded ...dont know about the red one though

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy
K-beck LED Marker Kits for sale

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The white one belongs to cornersonrails. I think he started it on his own, but then took it to Archie to have it finished properly.

The red one belongs to my friend Pedro, here in Orlando. He had it chopped by a guy here in Orlando, using the Archie kit.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Red one is smokin hot! Thanks.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That Red one is smokin hot! Thanks.

a little video sampling for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watc...eature=endscreen&NR=

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ature=endscreen&NR=1
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a little video sampling for you.

Thanks... I know red Fieros are a dime a dozen, but red fastback choptops are fairly uncommon. I sometimes regret not going with the bright red but I've painted mine blue TWICE! If I ever paint it a third time I'm going bright red.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pedro getting some new shoes for his choptop ! 20's all around !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-01-2012).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exotise,
You must feel like a freakin' kid at Christmas man.... Congrats on getting your car back. NOW GET THAT BABY PAINTED AND GET SOME WHEELS ON IT!! hehe Enjoy it man it looks very cool peace

Pete

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock