Anybody still make a custom interior? by Blowerwhine
Started on: 01-10-2019 07:46 PM
Replies: 15 (1531 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 01-23-2019 01:09 PM
Blowerwhine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to do my best with the stock interior but it's kinda ugly... I messaged Rob but no reply, assuming he doesn't do the interiors anymore? Any solutions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few Fiero owners have changed the Fiero dash and it really modernizes the look. . I believe that certain years of Firebird or Grand Prix dashboards can be made to fit. There have been several posts on this modification. Also certain model year Corvette seats will fit and that mod has been done as well. Can't help you more than this as I haven't done these mods. If you search the forum archives it should turn up info on interior mods.
Take a look here: 3000 dash in Fiero
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-10-2019).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as Dennis suggested do a search. When searching click archived threads as well. That will give you the best results.

I particularly like the 98-02 Firebird dashs.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMHO, the Fiero interior is classic. It just needs some freshening up. I'm in the process of re-doing the interior of my Formula with Mr. Mike's seats, SEM vinyl dyes, a custom made glove box (based on TXGOOD's design), new shifter and e-brake boots from RW upholstery and eventually, a new steering wheel (if I can ever get a GT-style hub assembly). I'll post pics when it's done.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done the f-body interior. Not for the faint of heart - you have to be committed to do any interior swap as they are not simply "plug and play".

I had put a few hundred hours put into mine (never mind buying all the stuff).

You can start here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000119.html

http://www.fierosearch.com/...rior&Action=DoSearch

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 01-11-2019).]

msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've spoken to Rob/Amida relatively recently over PM.. it usually takes him a little while to respond... 1 to 2 weeks max...
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

I've spoken to Rob/Amida relatively recently over PM.. it usually takes him a little while to respond... 1 to 2 weeks max...

Yeah I bought a bumper from him last year, he seemed to respond within a couple days for the most part. Honestly I don't even know if he's making the dashes or how hard it is to fit one of his dashes.... Or if my PM actually sent since you can't really see a chat thread on the forum
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have a G1 dash and doors in storage waiting to go in once the engine swap is complete.. I cannot speak to the ease of installation or fit of the dash but his craftmanship is second to none and well documented as well..
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some custom interior items available. Any other ideas you have, just let me know. Both web sites listed

Russ

------------------
www.rwupholstery.com
www.fierointeriors.com

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look at Amida's thread in the construction zone you will see that he is making product all the time.

I have custom seat covers by Russ (above post) and they are really nice. So there are options out there.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

If you look at Amida's thread in the construction zone you will see that he is making product all the time.

I have custom seat covers by Russ (above post) and they are really nice. So there are options out there.

So for the seat covers I went with iggee covers, reviews said they're definitely second class to Mr. Mike's BUT they were cheap and look good quality and still looks relatively good and factory
PFF
System Bot
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blowerwhine

129 posts
Member since Jan 2016

Originally posted by Russ88TTop:

I have some custom interior items available. Any other ideas you have, just let me know. Both web sites listed

Russ

I like this quite a bit, I'll have a look around for sure. I bought a fierostore dash cover and will glue my center console back together since the vinyl wants to come off
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blowerwhine

129 posts
Member since Jan 2016

Originally posted by msweldon:

I do have a G1 dash and doors in storage waiting to go in once the engine swap is complete.. I cannot speak to the ease of installation or fit of the dash but his craftmanship is second to none and well documented as well..

It really is excellent. He makes great stuff! Like I said I bought his bumper and it looks superb. Definitely worth the money and the wait.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2019 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blowerwhine:

Yeah I bought a bumper from him last year, he seemed to respond within a couple days for the most part. Honestly I don't even know if he's making the dashes or how hard it is to fit one of his dashes.... Or if my PM actually sent since you can't really see a chat thread on the forum

I have one of his F355 interiors and everything fits well. Rob actually does test fits using his own mule when he first builds an interior. He still makes dashes and I would recommend either the F355 or G1 dash to anyone. Since I went full VDO on the instrumentation, there was a lot of wiring but the dash itself was easy to install using the standard mounting points.

Nelson
Blowerwhine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlowerwhineSend a Private Message to BlowerwhineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I have one of his F355 interiors and everything fits well. Rob actually does test fits using his own mule when he first builds an interior. He still makes dashes and I would recommend either the F355 or G1 dash to anyone. Since I went full VDO on the instrumentation, there was a lot of wiring but the dash itself was easy to install using the standard mounting points.

Nelson

How much did it all cost all in all?
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blowerwhine:

How much did it all cost all in all?

You will need to discuss that with Rob because there options which can either add or subtract from the base price. However, I will say that it is not cheap but the interior I received is better than Ferrari OEM IMHO. If you do a search, I had a thread on the F355 interior conversion for one of my show cars (88 Mera).

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock