MITSUBISHI 3000GT DASH 4 FIERO by scarletmacaw9
Started on: 07-18-2004 07:57 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: scarletmacaw9 on 08-22-2004 12:26 AM
scarletmacaw9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
well anyone interest in new dashboard look for fiero ?

Today is my second day own the fiero and I got the itch to work on it .I spended all day today to take out the old dashboard . installed the Mitsubishi 3000gt dashboard in my fiero gt. it looks so great worth a sunday. and the cost is very little compare to custom made ferrari dash .

1. Mitsubishi 3000gt dashboard used $ 150 complete
2. center consle $30
3. supplie from homedeport $2

this is very easy job anyone can do it . I barely know anything about car . today if i see bolt unbolt it ,screw unscrew them . now even I can believe i did it. I took some of the photos but do not know how to post them on here . now I need to upgrade my gauge next
I will next help on that later. got to go to tranfer tittle tomorrow too

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
You have to download the Image Poster at the bottom of the screen
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
i think he's been bitten by the bug but the bug has yet to stop bitting!!! thats gonna leave a nasty bruise! LOL

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
I demand pictures.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Resistance is futile lol!!!!
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
I want to post the photo . I can't see the download buton anywhere
help
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scarletmacaw9:

3. supplie from homedeport $2

The what???

Originally posted by linenoise:

I demand pictures.

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Resistance is futile lol!!!!

LMAO

Seriously though, that's a good price for a 3000GT Dash. Must see pics!!!!!!!

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L ECOTEC TURBO (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. K.I.A. by a Ford)
1994 Chevy S-10 4.3, it's finally here, and it is gorgeous!

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post
Click here!

Or...scroll down and click the little button that looks like:

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/antikev

[This message has been edited by AntiKev (edited 07-18-2004).]

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
i get to that part but still have problem

what do i enter in the box : image will be post on:
current profile : no profile found

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
For 185$ you swaped in a new dash.
I can believe that

Are you saying you did it in one day?

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
yes one day . i can't believe it myself.
PFF
System Bot
wetpoop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wetpoopSend a Private Message to wetpoopDirect Link to This Post
Pics Dang it Pics
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
When you open PIP, click on "Profiles" in the upper left corner. That will bring down a options menu. Click on "new Profile" . This will bring up a screen that says "Automatic Configureation" and "Manual Configuration". You want the Auto configuration. In the box next to "Automatic Configuration" type //www.fiero.nl/fieroforum.pip then click save. Now you should be able to upload pictures onto the server and post them on the forum.

------------------

88 Coupe (Currently under the knife)
Bottle Fed V8 going in.

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
One day? Was the 2$ at home de pot for duct tape? lol
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Now you should be able to upload pictures onto the server and post them on the forum.

You do now have to have the photos hosted somewhere on line don't you?-versus the old way of posting directly from your HD?
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
lol no $2 for the bracket $.48 a pice i get 4 but actual use only one to cut into 4 bracket that will bolt into same fiero old dashboard and screw it on the new dashboard it actual hold very tight
idid up load the pic hope it show up
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post

scarletmacaw9

112 posts
Member since Jul 2004

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post

scarletmacaw9

112 posts
Member since Jul 2004
got it now. thanks

i took pic during the work now all the wire are hide and the temputre control unit in place . nice and clean

Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
looks good....keep us updated!

[This message has been edited by Coinage (edited 07-18-2004).]

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
wow, that looks pretty good. got any finished pics? more details?
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
sorry no just two today .didn't have the aftermarket gauges yet so i'm using fiero for tempory to drive get smog check and tittle change tomorrow first and buy the gauges on ebay and install later
really not that hard to do stil use the old fiero air dust . alot of cut plastic .
tool:

1 sharp knife, screw drive ,small socket to loose and tight the bolts(3 size), 3 blade of saw ( cheap one for cutting plastic by hand)
few tighrod

that is

PFF
System Bot
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
For the price and since the firebird dash looks very similar I say nay.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
I like. I'm very impressed at how mych you got completed.
Coul you take pictures of the part along the windshield and the Pillars.

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 07-18-2004).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
im suprised it fits since the 3000GT is REALLY wide but that looks like its going to be VERY nice
Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2004 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about the grand prix blatant rip-off of the old 280z dash. The 280z's dash has too much of a curve to it, but General Motors canibals made a really nice rip off of it for the grand prix which had less curve to the windshield.

------------------

Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post
What year is the 3000 GT?
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Azriel:

I was thinking about the grand prix blatant rip-off of the old 280z dash. The 280z's dash has too much of a curve to it, but General Motors canibals made a really nice rip off of it for the grand prix which had less curve to the windshield.

You mean the grand am dash?

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
any year between 96-2003 i guess .my is 99
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Dang... I thought I'd be the first to get it done.... Doh!! I test fit the thing probably a year ago now... Looked great in place I must say. I did get the gauges working, and installed the steering column, steering wheel, and turn signals / headlight switches also. I'll also be using the 3000GT cruise control lever. (with the Fiero cruise control unit) I'm planning on using the electronic temperature control as well. Some pics! Maybe more will be inspired to go for this swap... At least one other person agrees with me that it looks great!

Dash in place:

Left side:

Right side:

Experimenting with gauge lighting:

Gauges in place for wiring harness mods:

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post

Riceburner98

2179 posts
Member since Apr 2002

The steering column... Somethin's going in the hole...

What AC controller will look like:

If you have any questions that I may be able to help with, give me an email or PM! And AWESOME work guy!! Like I say, I've gotten nowhere in over a year now... lol (Kind of got side-tracked by the engine though I guess...) FYI, the 3000GT speedometer works directly with the Fiero, no modifications needed. (uses same pulses) The other gauges need some help. 'Specially if you want to use the BOOST gauge.... Hehehehehe

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC installation in super-super-ssuuppeerr-slow-motion progress... Done for Kansas? Riiiiiiiight....)

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
dude thats gonna be AWESOME to the 9823749856234th power!!!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

PFF
System Bot
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
Wow your is nice . but you made it look so much work . I did not wait for 1 yr .didn't even measure it first I just take a chance and it work out nicely.
I didd not use the 3000gt AC control it look very nice but I do not know anything about fireo harness .I used the fiero unit it still look good and no modification.
I like to use the 3000gt cluster and agian did not want to mess around the harness.
when I did my I did not need to remove the steering wheel

Instead I use aftermarket gauge ATM4486 200mph gauge and tach and others too white background .they should be around sometime this week soon. when i done i will post the pic on here .
I use the fiero guage tempory to drive around .and my dash did not made any squeez nosie at all and no shaking .by the way now it has GLOVE COMPARTMENT .
right now i"m work on replacing carpet while wait for the gauge

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Hehe... Nice work again! Did you fill in the "gaps" around the sides of the dash next to the windshield? I wasn't sure how that would turn out. Also I can't wait to have a real glove box too! Too bad you didn't get one with the passenger air bag (I didn't either...) - it could have been used as an even bigger glove box. Are you putting gauges in the center 3 holes in the dashboard? Again, great work, and I know we all would love to see more pictures of any more progress! Oh yeah - most of that mess you see in the picture is because of the engine swap I'm doing... I basically re-built the Fiero wiring harness with Buick parts to match my engine.. The dashboard does almost fit right in by itself! Mine definitely makes it look way harder than it is.

[This message has been edited by Riceburner98 (edited 07-20-2004).]

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
the 3 holes center will be fill with the TEMP VOLT OIL 2'' gauges ($39 for 3 on ebay) they fit in nicely . the seepdometer 200mph ($195 pricey) and tach ($49) are 3 3/8'' .160mph cheaper around $80
this is 3rd day own this car and I spend time work onit like crazy . want it to look nice.
about the holes I'm think make a templates and use them for speakers .you can put the mid and high speaker there it will sound nice
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Sweet... Can't wait to see that thing done!
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
new carpet .went to home depot in afternoon and got 10ft x 6ft for $40 and few hrs in the evening to installed

fast and cheaper and nice clean look than the old .faster than take to the shop and they charge alot.

still few more to do .I'm enjoy take this car apart and make it nicer . oh yeah i found a steak knife is very useful for cutting the carpet .always keep one in my tool box

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Macaw - How about pics and discriptions of your aftermarket gauges.
Your dash looks great.

------------------
fourpoint9
87 notchback 4.9L swap in progress

ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
I love the way you used the voltage/temp displays in the center councle. I was thinking of maybe doind a dash project one of these days... And I'm really liking that look.

-Rick

B_Jr21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B_Jr21Send a Private Message to B_Jr21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kekipi:

What year is the 3000 GT?

All 3000gt's interiors are the same except for the heater / ac controls and some buttons here and there for the diffrent trim levels.

I like the look, keep up the good work guys.

------------------
86 Black GT auto

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
(and the Pass. airbag.. I believe 97 and up had them??) Makes a difference if you're looking for an extra space to store things / modify. Also they only came in dark grey like that, whether or not the car had the cream-colored or grey/black leather.. The steering wheel from the later ones also had stereo controls on it, if you feel like using those for something.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock