Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  88GT with 3800SC swap for sale $5,500 OBO (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
88GT with 3800SC swap for sale $5,500 OBO by Jrgicehc
Started on: 10-06-2010 08:34 PM
Replies: 118
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 12-11-2011 01:18 AM
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
The clutch doesn't slip at all, but it will get stuck engaged if you drive it for too long on the bad hydraulics. and it has not been in an accident
IP: Logged
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I can't believe this car hasn't sold yet.... I paid 3,000 clams for a stock '88 seven years ago. There are so many Fiero nuts in tech asking questions so they can spend $3000 to swap an L67 into their 84-87 Fiero, I don't understand why someone wouldn't jump this to have a better year car and pre-installed engine swap.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
Just need some better pics to make a decision on the car, all the normal rust areas. they all look pretty from the outside.. It is the metal that counts
FTfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTfieroSend a Private Message to FTfieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a great car would love to do the same to my 86 fiero. Your the first person ive seen on here that is in CT.
Rustym38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rustym38Send a Private Message to Rustym38Direct Link to This Post
I am interested, pm me your bottom dollar...I have cash.

I can't believe this car hasn't sold yet.... I paid 3,000 clams for a stock '88 seven years ago. There are so many Fiero nuts in tech asking questions so they can spend $3000 to swap an L67 into their 84-87 Fiero, I don't understand why someone wouldn't jump this to have a better year car and pre-installed engine swap. [/QUOTE]

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Mew pictures taken today and posted, click on picture to view album.

New video taken today......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO1tqyxDVQ8
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasDirect Link to This Post
Ugh, I hate you, because I'm with the guys that just shelled out $3k half a year ago for less a car than this one for just $5.5 OBO.
Good things definitely would've come to those who waited.
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
I would love to own this (I want a 3800sc) but 5500 is just too steep....
MY budget is much smaller
Bad Cornflakes

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bad CornflakesSend a Private Message to Bad CornflakesDirect Link to This Post
Love the car.....Too far away.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Bump, thanks for the responses
PFF
System Bot
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
I really like your car can you or anyone provide info on how I might if possible get financing for something like this?
I have never financed any car ever, and I have awesome credit but not sure if it is even possible.
I own my Buick Regal and Ford Escape outright.

Anyone have experience financing an older car like a fiero? Is it even possible?
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TeacherCreature:

I really like your car can you or anyone provide info on how I might if possible get financing for something like this?
I have never financed any car ever, and I have awesome credit but not sure if it is even possible.
I own my Buick Regal and Ford Escape outright.

Anyone have experience financing an older car like a fiero? Is it even possible?

Most banks won't finance a car this old, especially for that much, which is a very good price for what the car is, the banks just don't see the value. You would have to take out a personal loan. Most likely would be a higher APR than a car loan. That is an awesome car. Want to trade for a '00 Xterra 4x4? Just had timing belt and all hoses replaced!
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
Will they just hand out a personal loan? for 5500 ?
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post

Will they just hand out a personal loan? for 5500 ?

Yeah, depending on your credit. Years and years ago I fell upon a mint '86SE that I could not pass up for $2500. I took out a personal loan for it. I couldn't take out a car loan b/c of its age and value (or lack of) lol. Back then it took a few days to get an approval but I got it and had the Fiero a couple days later. $5,500 is a VERY good price for this car. If I were a bit more caught up on bills I'd snag it for asking price in a second.
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
im gonna go by the bank and ask them if they will loan it to me and see if the monthly rates etc will work...
Worst they can say is no right?

lol

Let you know (fingers crossed)
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

im gonna go by the bank and ask them if they will loan it to me and see if the monthly rates etc will work...
Worst they can say is no right?

lol

Let you know (fingers crossed)

Word of advice from past experience, don't hinge all of your finances on a Fiero, especially one you really know nothing about.

I really should have bought this car instead of the poor excuse for a car I got for 6k from tomanyfieros. 3,000$ later it's still not running right, and the transmission failed. Used N/A components were used in the transmission, including the torque converter, no wonder it failed.

I'm sure the guy who built this car did a much better job than Dementia/tomanyfieros did with mine though.
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for advice I would still check the car out before buying it...
It is just a pain to find affordable cars in this area...

There is a corvette style clone in florida for only $2k omg I wish that was here.
or I will often see cars on the other side of the country that are under 2k with swaps or body kits or just really clean....

Those same cars in the NY area and surrounding go for $4k dont ask me why... Not they are not worth it, but not gonna spend that kind of money unless I can finance ti and get nice low payments or it is really spectacular.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
If you have any doubts come and drive the thing, its fast as hell. you will not build a car as fast as this, on your first go around, with the body in this good of shape for under 10k. Ask me how I know, I am well over 10K with this car.
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
I dont doubt the speed, I have similiar power on the l67 in my Buick which is 1000 lbs heavier.

Any chance your in a position to finance me?
I would sign and commit to whatever legal binding contracts you want.. My wife and I are gainfully employed I am a teacher she is a nurse.
If not I do intend to hit the bank on Friday and discuss it wtih them..
thanks
ed

You said " but it will get stuck engaged if you drive it for too long on the bad hydraulics"
1.What is involved to fix this so it doesnt get stuck engaged?

[This message has been edited by TeacherCreature (edited 03-09-2011).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
OMG someone buy this car already. It's pissing me off, beautiful 88GT with a nice reliable swap for 5 grand? Are you kidding me! COMMON PEOPLE!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
What do you think I am trying to do lol
No one just has $5k sitting around to blow on a toy... I think most people shopping have 2-3 K and are looking expecting to do some work themselves...
Anyway I have time to hit hte bank Friday morning and hope they are easy going....
Anyway JRGICEHC you got private mail.
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
financing a "toy" is not smart. Look at the mess the US consumer is in due to people living beyond their means, buying houses they can't afford, paying off one credit card with another, financing couches, vacations etc at a "low monthly payment...for the next 72 months"

This is a nice toy, if someone has the play money kicking around, but to go into debt for a toy is just plain sillly.

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post

cam-a-lot

2133 posts
Member since Oct 2010
I should add, the Canadian consumer is in almost as much trouble, except for the housing crisis. Our mortage rules are a lot smarter so you actually have to have good credit , a cash downpayment, and a reasonable income to be given a mortgage,. Other than that, just as many people here are penniless and living for the moment.

Sorry about the rant, but I just cannot believe the number of people on this forum who say they are unemployed, waiting for a tax refund or otherwise hurting financially, yet they are blowing their money on Fieros. A paid off home, retirement savings, and some money in the bank for a rainy day is far more important (though not as much fun) as anything we can do to our cars.

Again, sorry about the rant, just feeling a little grumpy this morning..
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
Geez kind of feel like you guys are judging me and on bad info lol...

I did say both my cars are paid off and I currently have ZERO debt, other than my mortgage which is quite affordable and always paid on time. (I DONT EVEN OWN A CREDIT CARD)
I actually have the cash in the bank but would not spend it on a toy - financing allows me to keep a safe cushion and rates are super low right now...

It was like my college loan of 30K which was locked in at 0.5% - no real reason to pay it for years because the interest was low... Anyway I have paid that off as well now so I have no real debt and if I decide to finance a toy or otherwise I will make the decision.. I financed my Harley Davidson that was a toy.

[This message has been edited by TeacherCreature (edited 03-10-2011).]

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyDirect Link to This Post
Everyone has an opinion on how others should spend the money they earn.

Don’t worry about it Teacher.. do what’s right for you.. no need explain your situation.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
bump
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to get my shizzle all in one sock so i can grab Jason's car! If you don't get it, trust me, I will be!
TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
i applied at the bank they told me 10 days or so until I find out
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I'll PM an offer of what I have... PM me back if it is enough for a quick sale.

Greg

------------------

PFF
System Bot
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

OMG someone buy this car already. . .

What do you think I am trying to do lol . . .

We are rooting for you!!!!
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I am trying to get my shizzle all in one sock so i can grab Jason's car! If you don't get it, trust me, I will be!

Johnny, what the hell happened to christmas time? haha
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Didn't get home that is for sure. Mom fell and broke her arm and rotator cuff so she felt having teh stress of all teh youngins running around her house would be too much. Your car up and running? Could we get it to the point that I could drive it from CT down to Dean's shop in Atlanta reliably...in, say, a weekend? And how is the new job working out?
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusDirect Link to This Post

......Could we get it to the point that I could drive it from CT down to Dean's shop in Atlanta reliably...in, say, a weekend? And how is the new job working out?

I would've have brought it a month ago if it was possible it could be fixed in short order to drive it a long distance. Shipping is a mofo if you don't have your own equipment and the time to make the move....

[This message has been edited by akademikjeanius (edited 03-15-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yep..I looked at shipping and it was 1280 bucks...ouch!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 03-16-2011).]

akademikjeanius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusDirect Link to This Post

Right.....but I am still going to get it.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Might have to race me for it!
akademikjeanius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusDirect Link to This Post

Might have to race me for it!

Noblemen, start your engines!!!!
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ouch is right. I got a quote not too long ago to ship an 88 gt from Cali to Central FL for 800-1000.
I'm pretty sure this will be gone before my funds arrive. Nothing like waiting on the Govt for your money.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock