Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  powder coated intakes and valve covers (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
powder coated intakes and valve covers by Electrathon
Started on: 03-25-2008 12:45 AM
Replies: 133
Last post by: Kento on 09-29-2010 02:05 PM
Maloso

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

If it was not engraved and you wanted to pay a core fee I could send you a set, you install and then send back yours. But, I have no engraved cores. I can do 2 day turn around on them, that is the best I can do because of the stripping and then blasting, then coating.

PM sent.
IP: Logged
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Aaron,
I still need to pull one more lower but I will make sure one of the exrtas I send you will be an engraved one. If you need it to fill an order for Maloso let me know and I will go ahead and send it out right away.

------------------
That Todd guy

The Fiero Farm is not officially open but if you need parts, Email me at todd@thefierofarm.com
www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr-riff:

Aaron

Put me down for having a set done. I should have something shipped to you late next week. I will PM you for address and billing info

Thanks
Ron

I got this intake set-up in the mail today. I have to say, it was the ugliest intake I have seen yet! I should have taken a pic of it before I started, as I think this one was the poster child for why some cars need this process done. It will look pretty, soon.

Aaron
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffDirect Link to This Post
Your hurting my feelings? LOL

I must agree they are nasty.

Ron

[This message has been edited by mr-riff (edited 01-28-2009).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr-riff:

Your hurting my feelings? LOL

I must agree they are nasty.

Ron

Later this evening they are going to look very pretty.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

Your parts are in the mail. They no longer are nasty ugly. They are very shiney and pretty.
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffDirect Link to This Post
Wow

That was fast, Can't wait to see them.

Thanks
Ron
BruceMac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceMacSend a Private Message to BruceMacDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon

Are you still doing the poweder coating on the intakes and valve covers? If so i have a set I would like to have you do.
One thing, I have already cleaned most of the paint off the upper intake using paint remover. Will that cause you any trouble?
Your pictures look great!

Thanks
BruceMac
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BruceMac:

Electrathon

Are you still doing the poweder coating on the intakes and valve covers? If so i have a set I would like to have you do.
One thing, I have already cleaned most of the paint off the upper intake using paint remover. Will that cause you any trouble?
Your pictures look great!

Thanks
BruceMac

Still doing them. $100 plus shipping. Send it to me, assume return shipping is the same as it cost you to send it to me and paypal me the money. I like paypal because it creates a very visable paper trail to protect you.

I will finish stripping it. Paint stripper makes it a little harder for me because the alluminum on the castings tends to be very low quality/porous. It will sometimes blister the final coating. I just have to be more carefull and leave it in the oven longer durring the cleaning process to burn it out.

Aaron
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

This one I did the upper plenum only. I used "vermilion" color as it is the closest I have to the original color.

Aaron
L-Bomb

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L-BombSend a Private Message to L-BombDirect Link to This Post
That be my plenum,

I sent another PM, my fiero buddies are impressed,

Nice job.
PFF
System Bot
eze does it

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eze does itSend a Private Message to eze does itDirect Link to This Post
I never took anything off my engine so what im going to do is go look for some in a junk yard and remove them off another car and then i will send you what i have. Is this alot of work to remove?
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
Just got mine yesterday in the mail and all I can say is that they ROCK!! Very fast and friendly service, and outstanding work. They look better than original.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you

Ken~
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
As far as removal is concerned, it is all fairly straight forward. Bring a pizza box with you, and do a rough drawing of the bolt placement. Then just remove what you need. I do not have Electrathon's powder coating on mine, but have seen his work, and I highly reccommend it. I stripped and painted my components, but I have plans to powder coat. I will have Electrathon do mine. Maybe in the fall? We shall see.

------------------

thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today. They look great. I can't wait for our next club meeting so I can take them for "show and tell". Thanks Aaron!

------------------
That Todd guy
President of the Kansas City Fiero Owners Group

The Fiero Farm is not officially open but if you need parts, Email me at todd@thefierofarm.com
www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

fklucznik

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fklucznikClick Here to visit fklucznik's HomePageSend a Private Message to fklucznikDirect Link to This Post
pm sent.
BruceMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceMacSend a Private Message to BruceMacDirect Link to This Post
Aaron

Have you had a chance to get to my set yet? I can't wait to see them and get them installed.
Have you ever done any rear deck lid vents? Seems like that would really look good.
What do you think?

BruceMac
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BruceMac:

Aaron

Have you had a chance to get to my set yet? I can't wait to see them and get them installed.
Have you ever done any rear deck lid vents? Seems like that would really look good.
What do you think?

BruceMac

Great timing. I finished coating it last night, boxed it tonight. I will mail it out tomorrow. It looks pretty.

The vents are too hard to strip. The can not be burned clean in the oven (they actually melt, learned the hard way). It takes hours to try sandblast them. They just are not worth the hours of work to me to do them.

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 03-13-2009).]

thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I really like what is being done here! I just hope that later this year after I get my intake ported and ready for my 3.4 that your still doing the $100 deal. I will definitely use you and since your not too far away I might just swing by for a visit. (I live in Vancouver, WA) Maybe you can show me how this whole thing works, who knows perhaps ill see if you can do a few other parts for me... thermostat housing, timing cover... who knows.

Thanks for the good work

Damian
fklucznik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fklucznikClick Here to visit fklucznik's HomePageSend a Private Message to fklucznikDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Yup! That's how sweet mine look. I might just keep them on the self for show and tell. Everybody thinks they look great.
Thanks Aaron,
Todd

------------------
That Todd guy

www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

fklucznik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fklucznikClick Here to visit fklucznik's HomePageSend a Private Message to fklucznikDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
latest
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
I expected the cat to be wearing some super cool powder coated helmet.

------------------
That Todd guy

www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

I expected the cat to be wearing some super cool powder coated helmet.

In my other life I do leather work. More likely if she would tolerate it I would have her wearing armor, LOL.
L-Bomb

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L-BombSend a Private Message to L-BombDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

latest

Five stars from all at the SOFF club, bar-none top notch work, will have more for you later, thanks!

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I thank you
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

------------------
That Todd Guy

If you need parts, Email me at todd@thefierofarm.com
www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO / Sedalia, MO (in transit)

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent
GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
So for the upper and the valve covers done in Ruby Red including return shipping to Canada you said $100?

What's the approximate turn around time for the parts, I only have one set that are on the car (88 GT)

[This message has been edited by GOT2B GM (edited 06-20-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Aaron,
How are my other parts comming?

------------------
That Todd Guy

www.thefierofarm.com

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
pm sent to electrathon
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Do you do wheels as well?
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone received a reply from Aaron? I hope all is well.

------------------
That Todd Guy

www.thefierofarm.com

Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Another bump for Aaron. Hope everything is fine.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

Another bump for Aaron. Hope everything is fine.

Ditto.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Starting to worry here too!
Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2009 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to the top for Electrathon. If anyone knows whether or not Aaron is ok, please let us know. Again, hope everything is ok on his end.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Any word about Aaron?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock