Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  powder coated intakes and valve covers (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
powder coated intakes and valve covers by Electrathon
Started on: 03-25-2008 12:45 AM
Replies: 133
Last post by: Kento on 09-29-2010 02:05 PM
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dudeus:

Do you have any pictures of the blue one? I've only seen em in red :/

I looked back through my old pics and I must have deleated the ones of it. It is so hard to judge color on here because of lighting, the camera and then the monitor it is being displayed on.
IP: Logged
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

I looked back through my old pics and I must have deleated the ones of it. It is so hard to judge color on here because of lighting, the camera and then the monitor it is being displayed on.

Is this it? Looks pretty cool!!

EDIT: its from this post where you were selling a blue set...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/035773.html

------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

[This message has been edited by Dougie Murder (edited 04-11-2008).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dougie Murder:
Is this it? Looks pretty cool!!

That looks just like the one I did. There is even a stain on the carpet like the one in my house. I looked back through some of my old posts and did not find it. You are definatly better at finding stuff than I am, thanks.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Here is the latest:
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
OK, who is Kieth Shutte? I recieved a box today and not sure who it is (pennocks name).

Aaron
DarkRanger4200

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
just got my parts back today and all I have to say is WOW!!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING work they look better than i thought they would, pics don't do any justice. Excellent work Electathon! and for any one debating whether or not to get there parts done I say go for totally worth it.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DarkRanger4200:

just got my parts back today and all I have to say is WOW!!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING work they look better than i thought they would, pics don't do any justice. Excellent work Electathon! and for any one debating whether or not to get there parts done I say go for totally worth it.

Thanks you. It is hard to explain how much better they will look than just trying to paint them, it is up on so much of a higher level.

I am still trying to figuer out who Keith is that sent me the box of parts. I have talked to so many people lately if I don't have a way to find your Pennocks name it gets very confusing. If you send me something please include both names and/or a copy of the conversation so I can track it better.

Aaron
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Let me "proudly state" to everyone on this forum, I have been in the fiero community since 1987 and have met and have many fiero friends from attending ALL the different FIERO NATIONALS, Regionals and local Fiero events and swap meets. With that said I recommended "110%" to all members that Aaron does a first rate, extremely detailed job with his powder coating. And many of you know I am VERY picky especially with my Fieros (which many can testify too) I had him powder coat something for me and I received it yesterday. I CAN HONESTLY SAY IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYEYS (this is no bull-sh#t) IT IS THAT GOOD!!!!!!! I have had 3 local guys around town try powder coating the same thing for me and they all seamed to half-as# it when it came to doing it.

Aaron, I call 8 club members to stop by and see the work you did, so don't be surprised if you start seeing some packages from Wisconsin guys!!!!! Your packageing with the towels was first rate again I can not tell you how happy I am with your work. You will be getting a package of stuff from me that says "FIERO JOHN-WI" NOT to powder coat, but for you to keep as cores for "free" for doing this for me and making sure it was done right. Hopefully you will attend the 25th Anniversary ( I will have a beer with your name on it!!!) Your a good honest person Aaron!

Thank you once again!!!!!!
FIERO JOHN-WI
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I believe that is about the kindest thing that has ever been said about my work. You had told me how picky you were so I kept thinking something would be wrong with it when it got there. I used the towell so the raised upper surface would not get rubbed in shipping. I even looked at my car to see what side was going to be up or worn when mounted. I am glad it arrived unharmed and you are happy.
Dougie Murder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
Mine came on Tuesday but i just opened the package now (i was in Chicago all week)

All I can say is wow!!
These look great!! Thank you so much for doing this.

EDIT: PICS ADDED TO SHOW AARON'S GREAT WORK!!
Before & After
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

[This message has been edited by Dougie Murder (edited 01-23-2009).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I want to bump this again to see if there is any more intrest. My regular price for doing this set-up (5 pieces) is $100 plus shipping. $85 plus shipping for the upper intake and valve covers. Currently I have been covering shipping (that is a $20-$35 savings to you). I have done a few, and I think I have a couple more in the mail (and one I have here that I have yet to connect to a Pennocks name). I will go a couple more days and see if I get more on their way. If no more intrest I have another idea for my next sale, but that is secret for now.

If you have bought powder coating from someone else and were disapointed in it, please look at what others have siad about my work. Also remember, you you are not satisfied in my work, I am going to give you your money back! Hard to beat that deal.

I have scrounged togeather a couple of sets of cores. If you have a driver and can not have it disabled I have a solution. I will send you a set coated. Install them on your car and send me back yours. I am not trying to sell my cores. I do not currently have any that are engraved, only 85/86 smooth top ones. If you want to go this way there is a $75 dollar core fee that you will get back as soon as I recieve usable cores (no cracked cores please) in return.

Aaron
PFF
System Bot
SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post

OK, who is Kieth Shutte? I recieved a box today and not sure who it is (pennocks name).

Aaron

Its kEIth Schutte and that would be me ; )
if you do not remember our deal, look back at your PM's

[This message has been edited by SLOWnSTEADY (edited 04-20-2008).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLOWnSTEADY:
Its kEIth Schutte and that would be me ; )
if you do not remember our deal, look back at your PM's

WaHoo! Thank you! This has been driving me crazy. The title to our PM was differant and I could not place it. It is actually about 50 PM's back now.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I will be sending you my parts in about three weeks from now. I have to go to my inlaws garage to remove the valve covers and plenum. Don't forget about me.

Dave
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I will be sending you my parts in about three weeks from now. I have to go to my inlaws garage to remove the valve covers and plenum. Don't forget about me.

Dave

As long as you remind me I will remember LOL. Anyone that makes a deal now will get th e price.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Here is the latest:

These would be mine. Just got them. Thanks Aaron, they look great!

+ for you!

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-23-2008).]

mr-riff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffDirect Link to This Post
Aaron

Do you still offer this special price?

Thanks
Ron
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr-riff:

Aaron

Do you still offer this special price?

Thanks
Ron

If new people are interested I will do the first 3 sets at the reduced price (free shipping).

Aaron
thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
How much to do the intake and valve covers on a 4.9?

------------------
Hmmmmmmmmm.......now if I can just talk the Army out of an engine, I bet I can get it to fit hehehehehehe >

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, do you have a pic of it?

Originally posted by thumper_64735:

How much to do the intake and valve covers on a 4.9?

thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
As soon as I get my camera back I can. What shots do you need?

------------------
Hmmmmmmmmm.......now if I can just talk the Army out of an engine, I bet I can get it to fit hehehehehehe >

PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Just of the top area of the intake so I can see how big and/or complicated it will be.

Originally posted by thumper_64735:

As soon as I get my camera back I can. What shots do you need?

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon--check your pm.
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Are you still offering the send three get one back free deal?

------------------
That Todd guy

The Fiero Farm is not officially open but if you need parts, Email me at todd@thefierofarm.com
www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

mr-riff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffDirect Link to This Post
Aaron

Put me down for having a set done. I should have something shipped to you late next week. I will PM you for address and billing info

Thanks
Ron
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

Are you still offering the send three get one back free deal?

Yes, I will do that.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
One committed and one tenative at this price. Anyone up for the third set?

Aaron
MickeyAsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MickeyAshSend a Private Message to MickeyAshDirect Link to This Post
Would I be able to convince you to do this to an Eaton M90 Supercharger and set of valve covers from a 3800SC? I'm not sure if the stock 3800 valve covers would hold up to the heat of the powdercoating cure process. I might need to dig up some aluminum ones.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MickeyAsh:

Would I be able to convince you to do this to an Eaton M90 Supercharger and set of valve covers from a 3800SC? I'm not sure if the stock 3800 valve covers would hold up to the heat of the powdercoating cure process. I might need to dig up some aluminum ones.

I can do the valve covers, if you find alluminum ones. You can not powder coat anything other than metal.

The supercharger is kind of touchy to do. When coating the parts are heated to about 425 degrees. There is a lot of potential to warp a very critical part in this process. Normal parts do not matter a few thousands of warpage is likely undetectable, but something as critical as a supercharger could be catastrophic. It also must be TOTALLY disasembled before work starts.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
I am also curious about the 4.9 valve covers. Now I wanted to mention one thing about this. The valve covers are magnesium (possibly an alloy) and I have heard that this could be an issue. I could stop by if you need to see the parts first hand. While I'm at it I can think of quite a few other parts I wouldn't mind having done if your up to it.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 01-23-2009).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

I am also curious about the 4.9 valve covers. Now I wanted to mention one thing about this. The valve covers are magnesium (possibly an alloy) and I have heard that this could be an issue. I could stop by if you need to see the parts first hand. While I'm at it I can think of quite a few other parts I wouldn't mind having done if your up to it.

If they are magnesium they should not be a problem. I got this off Wikipedia:
Magnesium is a highly flammable metal, but while it is easy to ignite when powdered or shaved into thin strips, it is difficult to ignite in mass or bulk.

I am pretty sure I have done a few parts in the last couple years that were magnesium, nothing combusted (I would remember that).

If you want to come over, that would be great. I am usually here most weekends out in the shop (not tomorrow though). Give me a call if you want to set up a time.

Aaron
PFF
System Bot
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

If they are magnesium they should not be a problem. I got this off Wikipedia:
Magnesium is a highly flammable metal, but while it is easy to ignite when powdered or shaved into thin strips, it is difficult to ignite in mass or bulk.

I am pretty sure I have done a few parts in the last couple years that were magnesium, nothing combusted (I would remember that).

If you want to come over, that would be great. I am usually here most weekends out in the shop (not tomorrow though). Give me a call if you want to set up a time.

Aaron

Sounds good. These covers were coated from the factory so I figured it must be possible. More recently they were primered and painted. Unfortunately with the magnesium the paint doesn't stick worth a damn. I've got a bunch going on tomorrow also. Sunday is good for me though. I'll give you a call then and we'll set something up. Later Aaron,
Caalon

EDIT: If you ever get a chance to light up some magnesium shavings... do it. You won't be dissapointed. Just make sure you do it safely. Once it starts it can't be stopped. This is what they use for underwater welding.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 01-23-2009).]

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
That blue looks really nice! I may have you do a set in that color (if you still offer it) when I get around to cleaning up the engine bay. Hopefully I can get going on it this spring.

------------------

MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I am in for a 3rd if its still being offered? However I don't want the lower done, just the middle, upper, and valve covers.

Send you a PM
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

That blue looks really nice! I may have you do a set in that color (if you still offer it) when I get around to cleaning up the engine bay. Hopefully I can get going on it this spring.

I will always do them for $100 plus shipping. Off and on when I get in the mood I throw in shipping. Depending on where it is going to, I usually pay between $25 and $55 for shipping, so it is a substancial savings.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Electrathon

5233 posts
Member since Dec 2002
I believe three of them are on the way, so for now, that is it at this price.
Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post
I might be interested in getting all 3 parts powder coated, whats the turnaround time shipped from L.A.?

Thanks,
Tony

[This message has been edited by Maloso (edited 01-25-2009).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maloso:

I might be interested in getting all 3 parts powder coated, whats the turnaround time shipped from L.A.?

Thanks,
Tony

By all three, do you mean just the red pieces? If so and if your intake is not engraved, I can turn it around in one day if I know they are coming, I have a few cores I can do and exchange them when they get here. Otherwise 2-4 days, depending on what ever else I have going on.
Maloso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

These would be mine. Just got them. Thanks Aaron, they look great!

+ for you!

The three pieces like above...engraved, would need a quick turnaround as my Fiero is my daily driver.

[This message has been edited by Maloso (edited 01-26-2009).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maloso:
The three pieces like above...engraved, would need a quick turnaround as my Fiero is my daily driver.

If it was not engraved and you wanted to pay a core fee I could send you a set, you install and then send back yours. But, I have no engraved cores. I can do 2 day turn around on them, that is the best I can do because of the stripping and then blasting, then coating.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock