Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: I finally have a sub box for sale (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: I finally have a sub box for sale by wikid_one
Started on: 07-26-2008 07:34 PM
Replies: 93
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 01-29-2010 10:30 PM
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wikid_one:

Well it looks like I owe some people an explanation. As some of you may notice, my location has changed slightly. I've kinda been in limbo for a while. I have been planning on going to school for a while now. I applied for the Spring semester, but didn't really expect to get in until the fall. Turns out I got accepted rather quickly. One of the guys in my crew at work told the boss I was planning on leaving in Jan to go back to school, so, of course, I was the first to go when layoffs were handed out. To make a long story short there was no way I was going back home to my parents, so I packed up and headed down to Morgantown hoping to find some work. So far I've been shut out. Walmart isn't even hiring right now. I'm trying to hold out with what I have saved up until the next semester, hoping some of the jobs will open up. Just to add fuel to the fire, I found out today that the only option I have to pay for school is a non-deferred loan because my parents make too much money, and for some unknown reason the government still classifies me as a dependent.

I am now living in an apartment with 3 other people, so the amount of stuff I was able to bring is slightly limited. As a result, all work I've done on my sub boxes is sitting in the garage at my dad's house... hopefully. Obviously, I will not be able to continue making boxes. I feel bad that I wasn't able to come through on my end, and left a bunch of people hanging. I just wanted to give an update and apologize to all those that were waiting for a box.

I believe I was one of the two that were waiting on one of the nearly completed boxes. How far were they from being completed? I am alright with fiberglass so if the basic shape was there I could probably finish it up myself. I would still like to get one of these even if not completed.

Thanks
Ryan
IP: Logged
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
oo neat. cant see the pics. damn NMCI network.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT
Google Videos of My GT

Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*easier to search for bump*
Hope this helps people. If we get a how'to section. I nominate at least one plan for an 8" underdash box, if not more. (There was a ported version, as well as a square'ish version IIRC at some point)

Are "turnkeys" still being made?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

Any one have the plans for this box? The listed link is now dead and I would like to build one. Figured if I had the template, it would make life allot easier...
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully someone else out there has a copy. Unfortunately I had a little incident with flames shooting out the side of my hard drive, so I don't have the plans anymore.

[This message has been edited by wikid_one (edited 01-27-2010).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully someone else out there has a copy. Unfortunately I had a little incident with flames shooting out the side of my hard drive, so I don't have the plans anymore.

PM sent
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Thanks any way... I just finished up shaping the tube yesterday... I duno how you guys are getting the volume to fit 8" speakers though! I am going with a JL Audo 6.5"; there is now way I am getting the requires volume of .3ft/sq for there 8"...
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
It all depends on the speaker some require a max of .3 some less. Im running a kicker comp vr8 dvc in one of wikkid ones enclosures and it hits plenty hard and clean.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

It all depends on the speaker some require a max of .3 some less. Im running a kicker comp vr8 dvc in one of wikkid ones enclosures and it hits plenty hard and clean.

That Kicker speaker requires a min. .4 cubic ft!...
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
It can work in smaller enclosures The enclosure i have is about .25 and its fine. There are usually two listings for speaker enclosure requirements min and max one is for ported the other for non ported. Many times they over estimate the size requirements to be safe.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 01-30-2010).]

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
The box that I built has a calculated volume of 0.26 cubic feet. It was designed to work with a Rockford Fosgate Punch subwoofer, which the specs say require a sealed box volume of 0.2-0.3 cubic feet.

Scanning through Crutchfield's inventory, I only see 2 other subs that are around 0.3 cubic feet... a JBL and a Polk Audio.

I am not an audio expert, but it would make sense to me that, with the size of the Fiero's cabin, even a box that is slightly small than required will produce a good enough sound.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Wikid, did you get my PM?
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Wikid, did you get my PM?

Yep, sorry. Thought I replied but I guess not. Reply sent for real this time.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Yep, sorry. Thought I replied but I guess not. Reply sent for real this time.

Answered and mailed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock