Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: I finally have a sub box for sale (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: I finally have a sub box for sale by wikid_one
Started on: 07-26-2008 07:34 PM
Replies: 93
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 01-29-2010 10:30 PM
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Im just wondering because i might build a box like this myself, how hard does the 8in sub this is designed for hit? I really want to do a shallow mount 12in behind the passenger seat but im not sure about the room it will leave but i want a lot of bass.
IP: Logged
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Can you please squese me in here somewhere? I'm starting to get worried.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Replied to PM.
slowGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slowGTSend a Private Message to slowGTDirect Link to This Post
I would like to be put on the list for one. Just let me know when you need the money. Thanks man.
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

Im just wondering because i might build a box like this myself, how hard does the 8in sub this is designed for hit? I really want to do a shallow mount 12in behind the passenger seat but im not sure about the room it will leave but i want a lot of bass.

It sounds good, and it is definitely an improvement over the stock subwoofer, but if you want me to compare it to a 12" sub then there is no comparison. If you want the sound of a 12" sub, then my 8" will most likely not hit hard enough for you. With that said, I listen to everything (rock, rap, country, orchestra, you name it) and everyone I have had in the car thinks it sounds good. A couple of my audiophile friends, as well as myself, have concluded that it works well for the Fiero's small cabin, but would probably not be sufficient for any larger of an area.

Hopefully this helps in your decision. I would love to make a box for you, but I don't want you to disappointed because my box didn't meet your expectations.
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks thats what i was looking for. The boxes you make look really nice i just wasnt sure if the 8" would put out the bass i was looking for. Im thinking i might go the shallow mount 12" only because i like a ton of bass.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
wikid_one, would a 10" box fit, or is 8" the maximum that would fit in that space?

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

wikid_one, would a 10" box fit, or is 8" the maximum that would fit in that space?

8" is pretty much the maximum that will fit under there. If you were willing to lose some space in the footwell, I could make it protrude out from under the dash 4-6" or so (just guesstimates) and then taper the part under the dash back to 8" so that it fits. I can say that I would have to come up with another mounting bracket, as the way I mount the 8" would not be sufficient for the extra weight that this would create. It is possible, but a bit of trial and error would be necessary, and in the long run it may be easier to just do a behind the seat box.
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
An update for those patiently waiting.

I have N3M3S1S's package ready to go, so you can send PayPal anytime, and it'll go out on Tuesday.

I have two boxes that are almost ready to go. They need one more layer of fiberglass, but I'm out of resin. I took a ride down to the auto parts store, but I wasn't able to get there. There was a major wreck apparently and they had the road blocked off [talking to self] last week of tourists... last week of tourists... deep breath [/talking to self] so I'm a day behind schedule. I'll prob have them finished on Tuesday now, rather than being able to send them out on Tuesday.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
PM replied, and another thought... if you don't need a heater core cover (you don't mind removing the bracket from the one you have already) please let me know. I'll knock $5 off the price if you don't want the cover. I've cleaned the junkyard out of all the covers that they had. I don't want to start charging for cores. I guess eventually I'll have to, but I have a lit of people I need to take care of before I start worrying about that.
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
My friend just showed me this. It's a place to get the 8" sub for really cheap. Just figured I'd pass on the savings.

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/7462
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
bump for an update
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Well, I thought I was going to have a package waiting for me when I got home (terminal cups), but UPS is saying the delivery got delayed and should be here tomorrow.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
Put me down for one - pm sent.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Got my sub box in. Looks great. Now I'm just waiting on the sub to come in!
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
For those waiting here is a progress shot from tonight.

The box on the right should be ready for coating tomorrow when the resin dries. The box on the left is going to take longer. I'm not happy with the way the fiberglass laid down around the corners on the top of the box, so I had to sand it down and reapply it.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Mine in the works.......

Nope... next ones.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 09-05-2008).]

MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
big old bump.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I have a cvr8 kicker coming in on Monday to install in this box. I'll let everyone know how it works out. This is a dvc speaker with a range of 30hz to 500, and it has very similar characteristics size wise to the Rockford 8inch.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Just an update to the install, of my sub. I have the kicker cvr 8 installed and hooked up, i still need to finalize the amps placement, but its driving the sub nicely. The kicker speaker sounds absolutely phenomenal in this enclosure it was rattling the walls in my living room, and scared the heck out of my cat. You can relay feel this thing hit. I'm talking thump in the chest type bass. The install wasn't hard at all, and the bracket that Wikid uses is strong enough to hold the heavy dual voice coil cvr with ease. The blue box attached to the heater core can be unbolted/ drilled if riveted and then placed up over the heater core enclosure without much fuss. Then unbolt the dash bolt and place the enclosure up in the spot and re bolt, just make sure to attach the speaker wire first. Don't ask how i know that

Thanks Wikid for making suck a dam handy enclosure, it sounds great a plus for you sir.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
just waiting to hear that mine are ready.....
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
How many people are in line waiting for these sub boxes, And how long will the wait be? Thanks
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
Bump, havent heard from ya in a while!!
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post

MetroMatt

702 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Oh and ikool, on the original post theres an actual list, waiting list. its current.
323 valdovinos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 323 valdovinosClick Here to visit 323 valdovinos's HomePageSend a Private Message to 323 valdovinosDirect Link to This Post
put me on that list I for sure want one.
montegut

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for montegutSend a Private Message to montegutDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on the list.
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
Whered he go? Its been quite a while for sure. I'll be home in a month, and I want my box waiting on me!! =/
323 valdovinos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 323 valdovinosClick Here to visit 323 valdovinos's HomePageSend a Private Message to 323 valdovinosDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Wikid can you please put a new list on how many people are in line for these sub boxes.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, I'm not on the list. I posted on 8/21 that I want to buy one and to add me to the list. I saw that his update was on 9/4. So if you missed me, once again, I would like to be added to the list. I will definietly buy one as soon as it's ready.
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
bump.
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

So what do you lose when you do this? The blue dingy thingy has to be moved? Good riddance, the thing pisses me off anyways lol.

I'm interested in a sub box.

------------------

MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
=/ we all are. mr wikid hasn't been seen in a while, I'm thinking his schooling is a bit hectic at the moment, and he's stopped making the boxes for a while. He hasnt replied here at all, nor to the PM's I've sent, nor to the email I sent. I'm hoping he'll be back soon, but it seems he's not making the boxes for now. right when I was top of the list too.

M Hanson
101st
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Any customers want to post pics of this setup in the meantime?
bamman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bammanSend a Private Message to bammanDirect Link to This Post
Did I miss something here.

07-26-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneClick Here to Email wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the compliment. I was planning on producing these on a regular basis, but I've decided to go back to school and finish with my degree, so I'm working two jobs now for some extra money. I've posted the diagrams and templates, as well as a process on how to build your own if that is something that interest you. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/070793-2.html#p44

[This message has been edited by bamman (edited 10-20-2008).]

MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
Yes, he started making them again, got like 3? out, and got us all excited thinking we'd be getting a badass sub box that noone else seems to make.

then he goes off and presumably focuses on his schooling. damn him, how dare he choose further education over fiero parts production.

=D

It does suck though, I'm refusing to buy anything for the next liek 12 days in the hopes that he'll still show up. I know he's got 2 of them very near or possibly completed, unless he sold those locally offline.

Matthew Hanson
101st
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have pictures of installs they purchased? I would love to see how they look in customers cars.

Is he still making them?

If anybody needs to calculate the size needed for their subwoofer, or make other calculations, I found a link to great software.
http://www.carhifi-oc.de/help-software.php (yes, I know it's in German, but the software might be in English. Funny how I can never find gems like this on English speaking sites. The site has several reviews of speakers and subwoofers as well.)

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
i have some pics, now all I need to do is find that cable to connect my camera to my pc
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like I owe some people an explanation. As some of you may notice, my location has changed slightly. I've kinda been in limbo for a while. I have been planning on going to school for a while now. I applied for the Spring semester, but didn't really expect to get in until the fall. Turns out I got accepted rather quickly. One of the guys in my crew at work told the boss I was planning on leaving in Jan to go back to school, so, of course, I was the first to go when layoffs were handed out. To make a long story short there was no way I was going back home to my parents, so I packed up and headed down to Morgantown hoping to find some work. So far I've been shut out. Walmart isn't even hiring right now. I'm trying to hold out with what I have saved up until the next semester, hoping some of the jobs will open up. Just to add fuel to the fire, I found out today that the only option I have to pay for school is a non-deferred loan because my parents make too much money, and for some unknown reason the government still classifies me as a dependent.

I am now living in an apartment with 3 other people, so the amount of stuff I was able to bring is slightly limited. As a result, all work I've done on my sub boxes is sitting in the garage at my dad's house... hopefully. Obviously, I will not be able to continue making boxes. I feel bad that I wasn't able to come through on my end, and left a bunch of people hanging. I just wanted to give an update and apologize to all those that were waiting for a box.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock