Aluminum cradle bushings? by SpeedWorksAutoTuning
Started on: 02-16-2008 12:00 AM
Replies: 121
Last post by: trod84se4spd on 06-16-2009 07:01 PM
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

The Morse ones are a good fit into the rear but can still fall out. I guess you could install them then RTV them in place for next time because you know there will be a next time

I have a set of the Morse ones that I have not installed yet, are you saying that after they are installed, they might fall out? or while you are trying to put them in?

are they loose after you install them?
IP: Logged
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I had a set of his bushings, and they were a excellent fit. The rear bushings are not intended to be pressed in like the fronts are, so they can come out when you remove the cradle. They will not move whatsoever when installed with the cradle.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I was talking about whilst you were bolting the cradle up to the frame. Until you get the bolts in, the bottom part can fall out and the RTV just helps hold them in place until you get the bolts in. Otherwise they are excellent. Sorry for any confusion.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to post that I got my set awhile back. They will work just fine in the new Fiero. BTW, it is spelled aluminium, not aluminum
Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post
I also got mine a few days ago, I am in the process of installing them now.
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialDirect Link to This Post
I recieved my set today. They are very high quality. I can't wait to install them and feel the difference.

Thanks for offering a great product at a great price!

-Joseph
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
Now you guys need to tighten up them rear control arm bushings.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041461.html

------------------
S.W.A.T.

[This message has been edited by SpeedWorksAutoTuning (edited 03-20-2008).]

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
More sets will be available soon! Due to competition they will be redesigned to eliminate any similarities.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

1984-87 Aluminum Cradle bushings $85.oo
1984-81 UMHW Rear control arm bushings $85.oo

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SpeedWorksAutoTuning:

More sets will be available soon! Due to competition they will be redesigned to eliminate any similarities.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the cradle bushings?

Whenever you do have some cradle bushings available, I'd like a set sent up the road from you to my US shipping address in Blaine 98230. Just let me know. Thanks.

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I am talking about the cradle bushings. I will have them soon, and I will post my progress here.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Is the "redesign" of the cradle bushings more of a cosmetic issue, or is it necessary for you to completely re-engineer them?

Are you at liberty to disclose who or what is behind the necessity for the redesign of your bushings?
PFF
System Bot
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
There just seems to be an amzing similarity between the sets I have made before, and a very popular forum member's who will also be selling some in the future. My redesign will be mostly cosmetic with a few tolerances tightened up.

I didnt know it was an issue if the rear bushings didnt fit snug in the rear frame. I made them a loose fit to the frame so the cradle can be installed a bit easier. After seeing it as an issue from a forum member's writeup, I will change them so they will fit snug.

I wont disclose any names because I am not into bashing, but if you do a search you will surely find.....

------------------
S.W.A.T.

[This message has been edited by SpeedWorksAutoTuning (edited 04-08-2008).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SpeedWorksAutoTuning:

I wont disclose any names because I am not into bashing, but if you do a search you will surely find.....

Yeah, it wasn't too difficult.

However, I don't understand how you can be pressured to change your design by someone who hasn't even officially released their own version of these bushings yet...

Oh well, if it eventually leads to a slightly improved version offered by you, all the better. Competition can be good.

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I dont really feel pressured, I just like my stuff to be distinctively different. When installed his and mine appear the same. Plus I do my own machining, so it is nothing for me to make changes to the design.

You will have to stay tuned.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Okey dokey.
Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
I have some D.M. Aluminum Cradle Bushings, never used and still in the box they were shipped in,....never even opened! Offers?
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
What's the downside of aluminum cradle bushings?

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
there aren't any down sides. the later models had their cradle solid mounted.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
sorta off topic but whats the best way to get the old rubber ones out?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DarkRanger4200:

sorta off topic but whats the best way to get the old rubber ones out?

Get a second opinion, but I believe it's...

DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
hehe thats what I was thinking
PFF
System Bot
jgrotzin

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgrotzinSend a Private Message to jgrotzinDirect Link to This Post
Some left?
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
always
Silversixspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilversixspeedSend a Private Message to SilversixspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Forgot to post that I got my set awhile back. They will work just fine in the new Fiero. BTW, it is spelled aluminium, not aluminum

No, it's aluminum.

I may be looking at ordering a set soon, I'll have to see what my tax return looks like.
fklucznik

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fklucznikClick Here to visit fklucznik's HomePageSend a Private Message to fklucznikDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
returned

------------------
S.W.A.T.

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fanaticSend a Private Message to fanaticDirect Link to This Post
PM'd
trod84se4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdDirect Link to This Post
i was sure i'd contacted you previous about getting a set of cradle mounts but can't find it. have you any for sale?
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
I never received a reply to my PM over a month ago.
agrabo85fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for agrabo85fieroSend a Private Message to agrabo85fieroDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
WOrk has been really busy, and I havent had any free time. It is starting to slow down, and I may be able to get a few sets made in the near future.

I do believe I have a set of UHMW for the rear on hand I will check on the rest.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

trod84se4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdDirect Link to This Post
?????
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
wassup?

------------------
S.W.A.T.

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
pm ed
sactodreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sactodreamerSend a Private Message to sactodreamerDirect Link to This Post
I'm up for a set if you decide to make more.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
Are these still available?

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Are these still available?

yeah...what he said
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Buy a set from him if you dare........

-Joe
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
is there another reliable cheap source
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock