Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Auto Dimming, TEMP, compass MIRRORS. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Auto Dimming, TEMP, compass MIRRORS. by Fieroeddie
Started on: 11-01-2005 05:56 PM
Replies: 176
Last post by: infinitewill on 06-30-2009 02:39 PM
fieroscotty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroscottySend a Private Message to fieroscottyDirect Link to This Post
Ed you have a PM thanks Ron
IP: Logged
Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
Will these mirrors work in any car? Specifically, a 2000+ Acura which already has a dimming mirror w/o a compass? I hate not having a compass
Fieroeddie

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
FieroScotty, you have a PM.

Adrift, yes they will work in any car. The wiring will have to be redone or rewired to work as these have different plugs. Thanks, Ed

Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
Ed - do you know of a source for Acura-style plugs? If so you could probably find dozens of additional orders on another forum I am a member of -
Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Adrift, what I can do is make a plug to adapt it to the Acura plug. I have a sample car in which we can try. You will have an e-mail shortly. Ed
Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
I figure I'd put my own pictures in. I edited the beginning few as well. I received many more mirrors that are in stock. I also wanted to add that these mirrors can be programmed to dim accordingly to how you want them to. The dimming feature turns off during the day. And the wiring is very easy. There are two grounds, one positive and one ignition wire. The rest are three sensor wires. The temperature sensor is mounted outside of the car as well as the UV indicator. This indicator also detects the presence of ice and will give off a warning. It has many cool features. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. Mirror comes with everything pictured.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2005 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up...PM will be sent...

Bob

edit: Money sent, too. BTW, that mirror looks exactly like the one in my Mazda 6, except it has a couple more features.

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-23-2005).]

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2005 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Bump, and Happy Thanksgiving!
fieroscotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroscottySend a Private Message to fieroscottyDirect Link to This Post
ED, I still have not recevied my mirror what is going on are you going to rip me of of 100.00 dollars i have been very nice about all of this and i am still with out my mirror i sent you 100.00 by paypal on 11/2/05 and now 11/28/05 and no mirror i sent you email no return i like to know when you sent the mirror do you have a tracking number for me i hope to her from you
fieroscotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroscottySend a Private Message to fieroscottyDirect Link to This Post
has anyone recevied a mirror from this guy or am i the only one that got riped
VoicesInMyHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoicesInMyHeadSend a Private Message to VoicesInMyHeadDirect Link to This Post
I ordered about a week ago. Haven't recieved it yet, but I wouldn't expect it this fast anyway. He has been responsive to e-mail questions I had about the mount, though. So, he's not disappeared.

[This message has been edited by VoicesInMyHead (edited 11-29-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Fieroscotty, I sent you several e-mails regarding your mirror. I feel that you were constantly up to date and were aware of the situation.

Just to let everyone who ordered a mirror know what happened, when I put the order in I wanted the mirrors shipped airmail. The company shipped it ground. These mirrors are ordered new from the manufacture in China. So it took a couple of weeks longer than I expected. I finally received the mirrors a day before Thanksgiving. Like most people I celebrate the holiday and do not work most of the weekend. All mirrors were shipped early Monday morning via priority mail. If anyone needs proof of their shipment, just send me an e-mail.

Voicesinmyhead, I've been here a while and would not disappear. Your mirror has been shipped as well Monday. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

[This message has been edited by Fieroeddie (edited 11-29-2005).]

VoicesInMyHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoicesInMyHeadSend a Private Message to VoicesInMyHeadDirect Link to This Post
Understood.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I received mine about 7 days after I ordered it. I am very happy with the service and the mirror. Thanks.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Mine came in today. Looks pretty good. I hope to get it installed in the next week or so if the weather permits. + for you Ed...

Bob

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Bob, glad it arrived in good shape. Thanks for the plus, back at ya.

[This message has been edited by Fieroeddie (edited 11-30-2005).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Fieroeddie,

Are a member of NIFE and do you ever make it to any of the meetings? I would like to get a mirror from you and thought it would be nice to see them in person first and save shipping costs.

------------------

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Jefry, I have a store in Frankfort if you want to stop by. I have to sign up for NIFE, just always had an excuse not to. Too busy, too lazy and too far, just pick one
VoicesInMyHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoicesInMyHeadSend a Private Message to VoicesInMyHeadDirect Link to This Post
Received mirror today. All looks like it's in order.

The only thing I wish was different was the corny way the UV sensor is designed... in a front license plate bolt?? And a big, chunky chrome one at that. (no fault of Ed's)

Looks like I've got some modding to do.

[This message has been edited by VoicesInMyHead (edited 12-01-2005).]

Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Direct Link to This Post
I picked my mirror today at the Post Office. It arrived in good condition and is exactly as advertised. Now, I get to do an install project
Thanks, Ed, a + for you!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1966 Porsche 911
Van's RV-6 airplane-under construction

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Glad the mirrors arrived in good shape. The Uv indicator is somewhat of a pain to find a place for. But remeber it has to be in a spot that is not hidden from the sun. One place is below the wiper on the plastic cowel or under the grill in the back. If anyone has any questions about their mirrors, just ask.
PFF
System Bot
VoicesInMyHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoicesInMyHeadSend a Private Message to VoicesInMyHeadDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to add that the mirror looks and feels *very* solid and well-built. Everything (and I mean everything) is included to do the install. All you need is the car and tools. Wiretaps, wires, looming, and well-written English (not Engrish ) instructions are included.

This looks like a top-notch kit.

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Ed,
Sent you a PM.
Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, back at ya. Thanks, Ed
alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I installed mine and looks great. It was fairly easy to install. It looks like a factory install. I received the merchandise in a prompt manner.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a quantity of these mirrors in stock and ready to ship? I hate waiting for stuff.
I'm still trying to figure out that "ground" trip from China or was a ferry boat involved somehow.

PM me....

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Do you have a quantity of these mirrors in stock and ready to ship? I hate waiting for stuff.
I'm still trying to figure out that "ground" trip from China or was a ferry boat involved somehow.

PM me....

Spoon, the holidays are killer for shipping. Priority packages were not so priority taking nine days to receive.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I'll bring this one back from the brink...

I installed the mirror about two weeks ago in my wife's Montana. It took about an hour to install. No big hang-ups. It was very straight forward. My wife loves the thing. She loves the compass and likes having a temperature reading. Everything looks OEM, so I can't complain about a thing. Recommended for anyone...

Bob

VoicesInMyHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoicesInMyHeadSend a Private Message to VoicesInMyHeadDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone who have installed this mirror had any problems with it. I installed mine two days ago, and am having two big problems with it.

The first (and most troubling) is that about 1 out of every 10 start-ups, the mirror does the self-check where all segments of the display are illuminated, then the display and green LED go completely dark. Cycling the car off and on doesn't fix it... I have to let the mirror stay powered on and about 5 minutes later, it just suddenly starts working. The wiring is very secure (the kit, by the way, has a *great* wiring setup... Solid and easy), so I'm 99% sure it's not a loose connection or anything. When the display powers up properly, it is solid and works fine.

The second (and less troubling... Just a nuisance) is that if the mirror is powered up at night, it will not dim at all until a light is shined at the sensor, a light is removed from the sensor, and a light is put back onto the sensor (basically, an on/off/on situation with lighting is required before it begins dimming properly).

(In case that was hard to understand, here's a sample situation. The car is started and the mirror powers up. After the test cycle, it detects that it is nighttime, and the display dims properly. A car gets behind me. The mirror *does not* dim. The car behind me pulls off onto another road... There is now no car behind me. A few seconds later, another car comes up behind me. This time, the mirror *does* dim.)

Anyone else have this problem?

Also... the wiring instructions state to tie both of the power wires to an ignition wire. That, to me, seems odd... why have two separate power wires to the same source? It's been my experience that many other auto electronics have one tied to constant and one tied to ignition or accessory.

[This message has been edited by VoicesInMyHead (edited 01-08-2006).]

Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2006 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
what's the measurement top to bottom of the mirror?
PFF
System Bot
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
I sent you $110 via PayPal Dec 15, 2005. Where is my mirror????????
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
My payment went out on 12/25/05 also using Paypal and I have not received mine as of today...Ed any words on this?

------------------
8T6 GT

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
One more day on the front page...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Tom. Check your PMs.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
For all you guys waiting for stuff:

There seems to be some kinda major slowdown going on. I ordered DVD movies from 3 different places on Dec. 19. I got (1) order just 2 days ago and the second yesterday (Jan 11 !). Both of those were send UPS. I'm still waiting for the last one that was sent USPS - the seller said it was sent Dec 21 !.

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

For all you guys waiting for stuff:

There seems to be some kinda major slowdown going on. I ordered DVD movies from 3 different places on Dec. 19. I got (1) order just 2 days ago and the second yesterday (Jan 11 !). Both of those were send UPS. I'm still waiting for the last one that was sent USPS - the seller said it was sent Dec 21 !.

Thanks Paul and I think it's safe to say we hope your right, I just wish Ed would answer his email like you have tried to shed some light on the shipping problems you have experienced lately...

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this thread took off. I usually check to see if it was bumped but have not for the past few days. Sorry for the wait as I'm happy to answer all questions.

Voicesinmyhead, I have consulted the tech support on this and have forwarded it to your e-mail. Let me know if this works.

Custom88, the mirror is about three and a half inches from the widest portion.

Tom Corey, the echeck took six days to clear. I sent the mirrors out to have them come back. My printer screwed up the barcode and they came back to my place. I have a Fedex account and send everything that way. Tracking number will be resent to you Saturday.

Red GT, I don't recall getting an e-mail from you. Please send one to fieroeddie@sbcglobal.net just incase the e-mail is wrong. Sorry for not replying here sooner.

Raydar, how do you like your mirrors?

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroeddie:

Raydar, how do you like your mirrors?

They look like very nice pieces. I haven't installed them yet, though.
My black car will be done at the paint shop late next week. It will be getting the first one, since it's already largely disassembled.
The red car will get the other one, but I'll be doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time.

I have a question...
Is there any way to disable the auto dim in reverse? Other mirrors that I've seen switch automatically.
Am I missing something?

Thanks.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Praise the Lowered!
Read Nealz Nuze!

Fieroeddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroeddieSend a Private Message to FieroeddieDirect Link to This Post
Raydar, there is no way to disable the dimming feature for reverse that I know of. I know that the three wire dimming only mirrors had that feature. I will double check with the manufacture for you. Glad you liked the mirrors.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock