Outer dew wipes by DIY_Stu
Started on: 11-06-2007 12:41 AM
Replies: 308
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 08-30-2008 02:55 AM
tinman4982

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Preferred payment method is paypal. And they will be shipped USPS insured.
Paypal stuart@diy-fiero.com

paypal sent.

Thanks

John
IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Paypal Received Shipping Monday via Click-N-Ship USPS
civicduty13

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for civicduty13Click Here to visit civicduty13's HomePageSend a Private Message to civicduty13Direct Link to This Post
i will need a set in about a month or so. do you still need cores?
TSpidel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TSpidelSend a Private Message to TSpidelDirect Link to This Post
Stu, not sure if you are still in the buisness but I will be interested in a set in Jan 08. I have a few hundred dollars worth of parts to deal with this month that the dew wipes are on my list. If you need the old ones I can send them to you once I install your new ones. My personal email is spidelta@md.metrocast.net
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
civicduty13, and TSpidel, yes I am still making these. I have two sets available. I try to to have too many made at one time just due to demand and well it's painful to knock out two sets in one day. But other than that being said. I will continue to make these until people stop buying them. Even then the parts I use will be available to me so I can easily make another set at any time. I expect Mid January to Late April to be the time that the most get purchased due to now being the holidays and April being income Tax time. That's when I make most of my purchases too.

CORES..... At this time I have yet to get a single set of cores. Once I do start getting them I may find out that I cannot use them due to the hole size being different and rivets not being available in that size. But at this time yes I'm doing the Core System still.
civicduty13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for civicduty13Click Here to visit civicduty13's HomePageSend a Private Message to civicduty13Direct Link to This Post
I will be needing a set soon as I have pretty much everything else for the body now. I also would have 2 core sets for you if you need. I will try and get them off my doors and my other set of doors to get them ready to send to you.
bmaxbox

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmaxboxSend a Private Message to bmaxboxDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
You'll have another order by friday letting you know.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Ready to ship
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
items received

thanks,

John
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
I need 1 set of dew wipes. Please contact me at jackcastro2000@hotmail.com
Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
$112 shipped to your door

paypal = stuart@diy-fiero.com

fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post
I need a pair. PM sent.
Thanks, Ray.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Castro just picked my last made set. I'm sick as a dog but his set will send out. I need to goto the supply house and pickup some more supplies.
fffttt1 message received. I'll shoot you a call when I get your set done. I'll even deliver to you. Do you have an ad on Craigslist for a window? If so it's been replied to.
fffttt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. Hope you are getting over the "creeping crud". I didn't see your reply to the Craigslist request in my email racer-ray@charter.net. If that's where it went to, I'm afraid I may have deleted it during a Holiday deletion frenzy. Anyway, I just had my son pick up a window @ salvage yard in Fort Worth.
Thanks Again, Ray.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Should have 5 sets ready to sell & ship by the end of the weekend.
fffttt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post
Awesome!! I can pick up or meet you part way. Whatever works best for you. About the drivers door window.......the item my son brought back from Ft. Worth has some rub marks. I don't think the salvage yard will take it back. Do you have a window that is in good shape? If not, I may try to buff out the marks.
Thanks, Ray.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I have been reading this thread and I am interested. In the spring I plan to put new window lift motors in my doors, and while its apart, why not replace my rotted out dew wipes.

I have a couple questions about them though. I definatly will be able to put them in, but I have honestly never really looked at them too much so I am a little confused. Please answer a few questions for me:

*bear with me with some of these questions*

1. There are INNER and OUTER dew wipes on a Fiero, right?
2. You are selling OUTER dew wipes only?
3. Are you selling a pair of OUTER dew wipes to do both doors?
4. What about the INNER dew wipes, apparently the Fiero Store does not sell them, is there anywhere I can buy them?
5. Fiero Store #60535 (L/H inner door glass seal) (probably a stupid question) is this a dew wipe? It also only looks like its one side and they do not list a R/H side...
6. Fiero Store #64937 (felt window guide) The Fiero Store states that two are needed per door. Are they the same thing for both doors, and I will need (4) total to do both doors, right?
7. Is there anything else I will need before I start working on the doors, window motors, and dew wipes?

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers these questions!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
#1 Yes there are inners and outers as well.
#2 Yes I am currently only able to sell the outers. The inners are completely different.
#3 Yes I try to only sell them in pairs to do both doors. If they're both the same age why not keep them the same age. Also saves $12 in shipping singles at a time.
#4 Fiero Store doesn't have them and neither do I. I have had a GM parts tech (family member) do a nationwide search and only could find one side.
#5 If you roll down the window all the way you will see there are two felt/rubber seals. One on each side of the glass. The part number you show is an inner seal. With a little ingenuity you could make two of either side of the inners work for both sides. All you need is some snips.
#6 The felt guides are located inside the door on the inner side of the glass. These apply pressure to keep the window between them and the outer dew wipe. They aid in keeping the glass from shaking when down or partially down and keep the glass from touching door internals. 4 are needed for a car and they are all the same part#.
#7 Restoring doors..... Pair outer Dews, Pair inner seals, 4 Guides, degreaser to clean tracks and mechanicals. You may want to look for some replacement plastic to recover the inside of the door to keep drafts and dust to a minimum. At this time I cannot think of anything else you need.
fffttt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post
Picked up my new outer dew wipes tonight from Stu. Nice pieces, good price, nice guy to talk with. Highly recommended. Can't wait to install and get back on the road.
Thanks Stu, Ray in Granbury.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Ray it was great meeting you I sure hope you can start hitting the meetings. I'm willing to meet in Cresson for the drive up I'm sure Blake wouldn't mind either. I'm glad to know another Fiero owner in the area.
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Please know that shipping international can be expensive. Spain = $27 just to give you an idea.

Fierari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2008 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierariSend a Private Message to FierariDirect Link to This Post
Paypal sent for one set.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
wow all the sets I had, sold in one weekend! I must get more stock. Currently SOLD OUT! Will update number as I get more made.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 01-13-2008).]

sargeants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsDirect Link to This Post
Hey Stu,
Awesome job on making some hard to come-by parts.

I'll be looking to get a set off you in the next little bit, how much would be shipping up to Toronto, Ontario Canada?
Postal Code M6M 4B2

Thanks
Steve
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'll get that for you tomorrow. Finally got to take a look today and noticed your Question. I'm headed to bed now been a busy day.

I'm currently Sold out but picked up materials today for 6 more sets. Going to be a busy week and weekend. I also found out today that my Postal carrier will pick up one box a day but if I have two outside for SCHEDULED PICK UP he will not touch them, but will drop off my bills and junk mail. He may have to get a stern talking to next Saturday that I can catch him. So the packages I have shipping USA are delayed by a day due to this guy. Sorry for any delays. They will be taken to the Post Office in the morning with a letter I typed up for the Post Master.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I have 6 Sets in the works if anyone would like to pre-order.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Shipping to Most parts of Canada So far is at $22.

3.4Turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set and let me know when there are ready. John
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Just finished up 4 sets over the weekend.
3.4Turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Let me know payment info. shipping to Tulsa,OK 74137 John
PFF
System Bot
3.4Turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboDirect Link to This Post

3.4Turbo

221 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Paypal sent. Thanks. John
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
In the Mail TODAY.
3.4Turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboDirect Link to This Post
Great news! I'll let you know when they get here. John
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I should start making them like these.
Dew Wipes On Ebay

Could easily save me about 2 hours each set.

The two tabs aid in closing the window especially when driving. Also the Center pieces help keep the window from rattling when partially down.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
i need a set how much i sent you a email
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
To confirm the shipping costs it's still $12 USA. USA = 50 States.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Stu, My Fiero is in dire need of replacement dew wipes. Do you have any left/laying around? And does my discount still apply Let me know! Thanks.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Discount? Sure I'll make them like the "other Guy".

Yes I have sets packaged and ready. There's a NTFC MEET this weekend and what I have in stock come Saturday will be taken.
3.4Turbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboDirect Link to This Post
They arrived yesterday afternoon and look great. I can't wait to install. John
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock