Started on: 02-08-2006 01:09 PM
Replies: 156
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 01-24-2009 03:00 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I received mine a couple days ago, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.
IP: Logged
88FieroForm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
Ok my bad I just went out to install these and realized my lap-top does not have the right plug.
It has the one pictured below, is there an adapter or something I can use or maybe USB?????

Justin

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88FieroForm:

It has the one pictured below, is there an adapter or something I can use or maybe USB?????

Justin

USB to serial converter. Not all of them are the same but I've had good luck with the [url=http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Belkin%20USB%2FSerial%20Portable%20Adapter:1993566501 age=compare;_ylt=AsDnJbgyVcNNWoXQcAWcerCZxYUD;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bTQ0OXZjBHNlYwNzcg--]Belkin[/url] adapter, it's never failed to work a serial device for me, unlike a few others I've tried. It does cost a little more, though.

John Stricker

edited to add, the link isn't working right, either cut and paste or do a search for Belkin USB SERIAL and you'll find one.

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 06-06-2007).]

srat110

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Like John said, you can get a USB adapter that will work. If you look back at page one of this thread there is some information about a USB adapter that alex de jorge used. Biggest thing is to make sure you configure the adapter to be the right com port.

Edit to add: You can get the adapters pretty cheap on ebay. Alex used one made by Tripp Lite.

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 06-06-2007).]

frantech87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frantech87Send a Private Message to frantech87Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Steve, I got my cable yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Fran
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Cool, thanks for letting me know. PM me if ya have any problems.
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks, Ill prolly get one from Bestbuy, cause I would like to use it this weekend.

Thanks again
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
88fieroform, I just wanted to be sure, You are not talking about the blue connector correct, just the ones to the right of it.
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by srat110:
1MohrFiero sent me this info in a pm about using the serial to USB convertor for winALDL. YOU D' MAN Dwayne!

Thanks for sharing.

Steve
The Tripp-lite convertor he mentions is available on EBAY for about $10 shipped. Much cheaper than buying it from your nearest retail outlet. Here is a link for anyone interested. Tripp-Lite-USB-to-Serial

( I am not affiliated with this seller but I do know that several people who purchased my cable have used this one successfully)
I cannot find my device manager in my computer I know this seems like a dumb question but can somone help me, I am using Windows XP, I also posted a help in General Fiero Chat, sorry for the double post
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post

88FieroForm

495 posts
Member since Jul 2006

1MohrFiero sent me this info in a pm about using the serial to USB convertor for winALDL. YOU D' MAN Dwayne!
Original PM by 1MohrFiero :

Inside the device manager I had to click on the device name and then use the advanced button in the set up tab. Once there I could see all the possible comm ports and see which where active. I chose comm 2 like you said and bingo. I also found a note on a site for winaldl that said you have to restart the program whenever you change the comm port to get it to work. Now to log some data and start to fix my problem. I now have two adapter cables, the Belkin and the Tripp-lite. I like the Tripp-lite better.
Thanks,
Dwayne

Thanks for sharing.

Steve
The Tripp-lite convertor he mentions is available on EBAY for about $10 shipped. Much cheaper than buying it from your nearest retail outlet. Here is a link for anyone interested. Tripp-Lite-USB-to-Serial

( I am not affiliated with this seller but I do know that several people who purchased my cable have used this one successfully)
I cannot find my device manager in my computer I know this seems like a dumb question but can somone help me, I am using Windows XP, I also posted a help in General Fiero Chat, sorry for the double post

[This message has been edited by 88FieroForm (edited 06-09-2007).]

88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post

88FieroForm

495 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Ok I think I have it.

Thank you all

Justin
PFF
System Bot
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Sorry bro I was out tonight. glad you got it working.
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post
Ok I got the connector and got it working but I have a few questions. On the ALDL view there is a small box in the upper middle and it was flashing 25 in a box. Does this mean i have a code 25?
When i just grounded it and got the codes it didn't set a 25.
The code 25 is the intake ait temp sensor that is located in the intake box that the filter is in right?
It doesn't give me all the views like the RPM it never comes off zero.
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Ok I got the connector and got it working but I have a few questions. On the ALDL view there is a small box in the upper middle and it was flashing 25 in a box. Does this mean i have a code 25?
When i just grounded it and got the codes it didn't set a 25.
The code 25 is the intake ait temp sensor that is located in the intake box that the filter is in right?

The flashing 25 means your reading all the data stream and everything is working properly. It should also be flashing green in the same box.
when you use the grounding plug to pull codes you should always get a code 12. Anything after that is a problem.

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 06-12-2007).]

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

srat110

860 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Which ECM # did you select in the winALDL configuration menu?
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageDirect Link to This Post
had mine a while looks great, no time to play yet...
88FieroForm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroFormSend a Private Message to 88FieroFormDirect Link to This Post

Which ECM # did you select in the winALDL configuration menu?

I left it on the one that had 2 different ECM numbers in the same box, maybe i should pull my consoles and try and figure out which ECM's I have?
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post
Hiya SRAT

Picked up this thread very late - Just wondered if you have any more USB ALDL cables left?

------------------
The Madscanner
'85 SE 2M6 Auto

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
no sorry, never made any usb cables. All I make are the serial cables. There is some information back on page one about using a usb convertor that was purchased on Ebay for around $10 that seems to work fine.
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerDirect Link to This Post
OK - thanks anyway.

------------------
The Madscanner
'85 SE 2M6 Auto

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
are you still selling these? I'd like to buy one from you if you are!

pm sent.
PFF
System Bot
racer37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racer37Send a Private Message to racer37Direct Link to This Post
I would like to have too, if they are still in production. Thanks, SCott
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by racer37:

I would like to have too, if they are still in production. Thanks, SCott

They are avaliable. PM headed your way.
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Anyone else?

I have to make one for Oslo this weekend and have enough parts on hand for a few more.

Still $35 shipped.
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
looking for some help here , I have the belkin serial to USB adapter , but cant winaldl to work with it . every time i fire up winaldl i get com# error . Yes i have the belkin driver to the same com port # as winaldl .

any help would great .

thx
jgrotzin

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgrotzinSend a Private Message to jgrotzinDirect Link to This Post
Paypal?
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jgrotzin:

Paypal?

Sure. PM for details
racer37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racer37Send a Private Message to racer37Direct Link to This Post
I sent a M.O. yesterday, Thanks for your patience. Thanks, Scott
Vladd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
If these are still available I'm very interested in one. Just pm or e-mail me the paypal details. I'd like a copy of winALDL also.

[This message has been edited by Vladd (edited 01-10-2008).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Srat, check your PM's.
mda1013

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mda1013Send a Private Message to mda1013Direct Link to This Post
still making/selling this cable?
PFF
System Bot
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Sorry guys. I have no cables at this time. Looks like Dodgerunner is making some so you might hit him up.
BIGG_SEXXY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BIGG_SEXXYClick Here to visit BIGG_SEXXY's HomePageSend a Private Message to BIGG_SEXXYDirect Link to This Post
What exactly does this cable do? When connected to your laptop does it show a bunch of statistics of your car?
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
It allows you to read the ecm parameters in somewhat real time although a little slow via a laptop or pc.
You can read:
intake air temp
coolant temp
get an idea of how the O2 is working
Where your running rich or lean
battery voltage
Bascially all the parameter the ecm uses to adjust the engine for the running conditions.

Can help in trouble shooting a problem with your engine but not in all cases. The Fiero ecm does not have near the information the new cars do.

Here is just one of the screen shoots. Not connnected to an ecm so there are no values.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-07-2008).]

BIGG_SEXXY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BIGG_SEXXYClick Here to visit BIGG_SEXXY's HomePageSend a Private Message to BIGG_SEXXYDirect Link to This Post
haha! thats cool

Now i want one XD

But not sure if it will work with my laptop.... I would probably need to buy that usb connection for mine :P
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Direct Link to This Post
Dodgerunner: DUDE! What did you do? Threaten the USPS that if they didn't get it to me fast you'd flatten all their tires or have them all driving Yugo's? It got her yesterday and I put it to use today. Very interesting data came out of the WinALDL program (but the battery says it's 24 volts...go figure) You really should go into a small business making these as the quality is outstanding and you did a very professional job at mking it. Thanks again!
Dodgerunner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
PM'd you. You need to change the ecm you have selected.

BTY my post is https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/041052-3.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock