Started on: 03-19-2008 06:30 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: USFiero on 01-04-2013 09:46 AM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eph_kay:

Some of those numbers might be right, but unless that isn't a stock t rex, and a new one at that, it should be running a 13.8 in the 1/4.

Any chance you got 1/8th mile time?

Don't mean this to be saying you are wrong, but the numbers didn't seam to work in my head.

Chris

*edit... i take that back... and.... D*MN!!!!... i didn't scroll far enough down on wikipedia

No probs. Actually you were about right for the earlier models.

GSXR-1100 Powered (1996-2000)

* Horsepower: 155 hp (116 kW) @ 9500 rpm
* Torque: 81 lb·ft (110 N·m) @ 7500 rpm
* Acceleration 0-60 mph: 4.2 seconds
* 1/4 Mile: 13.76 seconds @ 106.70 mph
* Top speed: 128 mph (206 km/h)
IP: Logged
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Arns85GT

11159 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Actually the new one is 200hp. on 1000lbs

http://www.campagnamotors.com/T-REX/specs.html

0-60 is 3.92 sec. (whew )

What's not to like? eh?

OKflyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 07-23-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

What's not to like? eh?

Just the price tag... Which is what led me to find a DIY alternative.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
I've been thinking about the body of the sportcycle (and how much I really don't like it) lately. I found a Concept vehicle from Peugeot called LiIon. As far as I know, its never been built, even in prototype. If you look at it next to the pic of the Naked Sportcycle, I could easily see something similar being adapted. Check it out:

First, the Sportcycle with its intended body (yuk! I get it, its supposed to look like an Indy car. IMHO it looks silly, and the fact that it just stops at the front of the 'bike' is just dumb...):

Then the Naked Sportcycle:

Peugeot LiIon:

Obviously, for the DIYer, the curves (especially the curved canopy) would be difficult if not next to impossible to duplicate, but I could see a more blocky and less elegant version of the LiIon body being adapted out of fiberglass and plexiglass.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 07-27-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004
I've got some promising leads lately.

In addition to most of my new coworkers being very interested in the project itself, a few have offered to help. One is an accomplished welder and offered to coach me through it if my brother doesn't have the time. Another used to race dirtbikes professionally. He knows all the shops around the area and said when I'm ready to buy a bike he can use his contacts to get me exactly what I need (high-CC sportbike, wrecked in front, don't care about plastics, but still running well and able to be tagged, etc) for cheap.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Peugeot LiIon:

Obviously, for the DIYer, the curves (especially the curved canopy) would be difficult if not next to impossible to duplicate, but I could see a more blocky and less elegant version of the LiIon body being adapted out of fiberglass and plexiglass.

Take a sheet of clear or tinted plastic, lay it on a curved clawfoot tub with a bit of weight and let it sit outside in the sun.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Trihawk for sale on ebay

Side note: When did Ebay become a sell site instead of an auction site?

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 08-05-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Trihawk for sale on ebay

Side note: When did Ebay become a sell site instead of an auction site?

Wow, that's a clean Trihawk right there. Nice!
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Found a great interview with Jim Musser, where he discusses the Sportcycle:

http://www.blogtalkradio.co...ke...e-for-this-Show

Firefox users beware, I had to switch over to IE to make this work, didn't like Firefox at all...
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Playing around in Paint I came up with this simple body. The sheetmetal shown is part of the original design and is meant to go under the fiberglass body to create the seat as well as ducting to direct air towards the bike's radiator. I will simple continue the sheetmetal forward to create a nose:

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 09-24-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

http://spyder.brp.com/

I'm not a fan of the Spyder, CG is too high.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Googling came up with this image, I have no idea what it was originally for, but I found it interesting:

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
While I have decided to make no major modifications to the structural details as laid out by Mr. Musser, I do not want to give up completely on my idea of keeping a bike, or hot rod theme. Also, there is one other concern screaming at me, budget. I've come to the realization that I cannot afford a nice bike, not even close.

To that end, I believe a Ratrod / Ratbike cross is in order.

Basically, I want to take the best parts of both the Sportcycle and the Rat style.

1st, the Donor Bike:

Since I cannot afford a newer Superbike, I'm going to have to make do with something older, probably much older. What I'm finding locally in my price range (<$1K) are all late 70s early 80s bikes. There's a decent selection of high-cc "Needs Work" and "No Title" nightmares for me to choose from. From there it'll be a simple matter of getting it to run then Ratbiking it out. Lots of sanding and flat black primer seems to be the majority of the work there, maybe even a camouflage paint job, who knows? Since no one will actually ride the bike and I could expand into where the seat would have been if needed, I may remove the original motorcycle fuel tank and replace it with a larger fuel cell.

2nd, the Sportcycle:

So the basic Sportcycle structure will not change. Build-up will proceed as laid out in the plans, the only exception being that the body mounts will be unnecessary. Once basic construction is finished the Ratrodding begins, more flat black or cammo paint. Oklahoma law will require me to add fenders over the front wheels and keep the single Motorcycle headlight (although it says nothing about installing auxiliary driving lights, so I'll probably be going with a 3 light system for added visibility). I will add the simple sheet metal nose as pictured (poorly with MSPaint) above. The rims will be something simple, like steel Rallies (flat black, of course) with moon caps or maybe even some wirespoke wheels if I should hapen to get a bike with a wirespoke rear wheel. I'm slightly concerned with the vehicle sitting so low to the ground that the ability of other drivers to see me at night may be impaired. The only major departure away from the Rat style I intend to make will be to that end in the addition of Tireflies (those blinking LEDs that ricers put on their tire's valvestems)

So, Comments, questions? Insults?

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Found a new European turn-key Trike called the T-rod, which, as best as I can tell, is just a Sportcycle clone with a different body. I LOVE this body. Much like the Lilon, it appears to be beyond my fiberglassing skill level, but if I were able to make my own body, this would be ideal.

Check out the Photoshopped clouds in the background of this one

And now the Naked Sportcycle and a "clothed" T-rod side by side for comparison:

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Just start with a soapbox durby car and go from there.

Thats what it kind of looks like to me.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Simple wireframe of new structure to form the nose:

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Here's a video of a trike based on USFiero's brother's Indycycle. While the Indycycle and the Sportcycle are not the same, they are similar, and watching this video can give you and idea of what driving one of these is like:

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Found a cool china-crack steering wheel on fleabay for only about $30. fits MOMO adapters. Yes, as I start searching for cheap parts this has slowly turned into the china-crack trike...

Here's a new RT (pre-production) that has a seriously wicked body:

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

While the T-Rex is great in itz own right, the G-2 Aero 3s has to be the most aggressive looking trike made thus far... Would love to have one!! It too, is built in Canada...... First set of pix are of the G-2 base model, basically a slightly different looking Rex, then the next group of photos are of the Aero 3s.......

http://www.g2cycles.com/videos_pictures_eng.html

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

While the T-Rex is great in itz own right, the G-2 Aero 3s has to be the most aggressive looking trike made thus far... Would love to have one!! It too, is built in Canada...... First set of pix are of the G-2 base model, basically a slightly different looking Rex, then the next group of photos are of the Aero 3s.......

http://www.g2cycles.com/videos_pictures_eng.html

Honestly, it looks a little too weird for my tastes, I like the idea of doors on a T-rex, though. Personally, I think the EVO has the T-rex beat in looks:

Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
I like my gravity powered eco freindly aluminum, and carbon fiber reverse trike better

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/057084.html

[This message has been edited by Curlrup (edited 12-07-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

That looks so Peugeot.
Speaking of; Pugeot 20cup http://www.diseno-art.com/e...s/peugeot_20cup.html
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 12-18-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
One of the RT Yahoo group members started a new RT forum. Not much activity yet, but it just went live this week. Should be worth watching:

http://reversetrike.proboards.com/index.cgi

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Simple wireframe of new structure to form the nose:

Hey flyboy, send me some hi-res, un-molested images of your frame, and I can draw you some concept ideas so you can get a more accurate visual. I drew all of my concepts, like the one in my sig. My email is paul@grandesigns.net.

BTW, are you an E-2 pilot? I was an Aviation Electronics Tech for the EA-6B Prowler onboard the USS Carl Vinson, and we were always pretty good friends with the Hawkeye guys, since we both performed Electronic Warfare & countermeasures...

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Hey flyboy, send me some hi-res, un-molested images of your frame, and I can draw you some concept ideas so you can get a more accurate visual. I drew all of my concepts, like the one in my sig. My email is paul@grandesigns.net.

BTW, are you an E-2 pilot? I was an Aviation Electronics Tech for the EA-6B Prowler onboard the USS Carl Vinson, and we were always pretty good friends with the Hawkeye guys, since we both performed Electronic Warfare & countermeasures...

Awesome offer and I appreciate it, but I haven't built it yet, the pic in the post you quoted is of another builder's trike.

No, I'm not a pilot (always had aspirations of becoming one, though) Up until June of this year I was a Reservist in the 513MXS down at Tinker AFB, OK (couple hours SW of Tulsa). I worked Radar Maintenance for the E3 Sentry.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 12-20-2008).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Don't know how I missed this thread, but why not contact my brother through his web site as he designed the frame and suspension with a drag race car builder and used some engineering programs for the suspension. The body style is not set in stone so you can have fun with that. From the web site:

Plans for the IndyCycle are currently for sale for $75. They consist of 18 pages of drawings on 8 1/2" x 11" paper, a parts list (as of April '04) and a very brief assembly guide. The drawings describe the dimensions of the front body shell, the front suspension arms, the front subframe, and the connection points for the front suspension to the subframe. They are kept intentionally vague in several areas so that only people with an understanding of frame design, suspension, and control systems will be able to fabricate a roadworthy vehicle.

It is not a "by-the-numbers" or "step-by-step" packet of information. The IndyCycle has never been crash tested (and hopefully never will be while I am driving it), but has endured a variety of stresses during its seven year existence. Since the design is unproven, I understand the reality that something could break at any time, and am willing to accept those risks. Anyone who builds an IndyCycle according to my plans must be willing to do the same.

In addition to the plans, e-mail and phone support will be available to those who purchase the plans. If you are not satisfied with the quality or support provided, you can contact me and return the plans within 30 days of receipt for a full refund.

Here is a link to what appears to be one of his customers driving one.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 12-21-2008).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
Take a sheet of clear or tinted plastic, lay it on a curved clawfoot tub with a bit of weight and let it sit outside in the sun.

Plexiglass isn't that difficult to mold... I just built a molding rack, and those windshields would actually be extremely easy to form out of plexi... Safety glass is a different story though.

What I'm finding locally in my price range (<$1K) are all late 70s early 80s bikes. There's a decent selection of high-cc "Needs Work" and "No Title" nightmares for me to choose from.

AFAIK, you *should* be able to get one without a title, strip the guts, toss the frame, then build the entire thing custom (without any of the bike frame parts), then you can go to the DMV and get a VIN & title for a custom vehicle, since you built the entire chassis from scratch. That would probably save you a few $$ by buying a title-less bike, cuz I doubt your custom fabrication of the frame & swing arm would cost that much vs having to find one with a title. Just my suggestion.

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 12-21-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Don't know how I missed this thread, but why not contact my brother through his web site as he designed the frame and suspension with a drag race car builder and used some engineering programs for the suspension. The body style is not set in stone so you can have fun with that. From the web site:

I love your brother's vehicle, it is a work of art and he should be very proud of the fruit of his labor, but its this statement -

It is not a "by-the-numbers" or "step-by-step" packet of information... They are kept intentionally vague in several areas so that only people with an understanding of frame design, suspension, and control systems will be able to fabricate a roadworthy vehicle.
(emphasis mine)

- that prompted me to buy Jim Musser's Sportcycle plans instead. Having only a basic understanding of frame design, suspension, and control systems, I wanted a step by step guide, not anything intentionally vague.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 12-21-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Along the same lines are these. http://spyder.brp.com/
The Can Am Spyder is starting to gaina following here. Not a bad price I suppose at $25K AU. about $18,500 US.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

AFAIK, you *should* be able to get one without a title, strip the guts, toss the frame, then build the entire thing custom (without any of the bike frame parts), then you can go to the DMV and get a VIN & title for a custom vehicle, since you built the entire chassis from scratch. That would probably save you a few $$ by buying a title-less bike, cuz I doubt your custom fabrication of the frame & swing arm would cost that much vs having to find one with a title. Just my suggestion.

depending on the laws in his state.. he could do that, but it may be what they call a "bonded" title? I was just looking into it the other day but didnt read much into that, but I'd look into it before you build it.. from what I have read, you basicly have to have reciepts/bill of sale for all of the parts you use, which also helps with value when you get insurance..

Augiedoggysdaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AugiedoggysdaddySend a Private Message to AugiedoggysdaddyDirect Link to This Post
You may be interested in this. I believe it was made from a design concept shown back in the Seventies in Popular Science (or Mechanics). The magazine ver. had a motorcycle drivetrain married to a custom frame with a VW bug front end.
Seen at Carlisle 2005

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes, the Fireaero.

Really cool, no longer produced and very hard to find living examples. The molds were for sale several years back from the original producer, word has it someone bought them but never created anymore vehicles or kits with them...

Here's some pics of a really nice Fireaero that was up for sale a few years back, the owner dubbed "the puma":

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 12-21-2008).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

- that prompted me to buy Jim Musser's Sportcycle plans instead. Having only a basic understanding of frame design, suspension, and control systems, I wanted a step by step guide, not anything intentionally vague.

The irony was that Jim and my brother had a little legal dispute over the Indycycle name: my brother had copyrighted it first, and while the designs are somewhat different, Jim started using the name and planning to crank out production vehicles. the legal system what it is, it was never feasable. Besides, slapping those faux intakes was a silly addition of weight and a royal pain to climb over. Jim claimed the name was trademarked by Indianapolis Motorsports, yet my brother has copyrighted the name. The plans are 'vague' for legal and practical purposes; it allows for a variety of bikes to be used. Either way, as you can see from the videos, you get a wild ride. Not dissing your choice, but trying to give my brother some representation. His design is very refined, with a steering system with less bump steer up front. Because of the detail in the frame, it would require the assistance of an experienced fabricator/welder. First-timers need not apply. As far as the suspension hardware, they are nearly identical from what I understand.

I like the rear tail, and wish my brothers' ride had a cowl of some type.
This is the body off of the IndyCycle:

and the SportCycle:

You can see a more refined amount of engineering in the IndyCycle; specifically check the geometry of the front steering. James credits the drag shop he hired to make sure it was strong and light. The drag shop built NHRA 200+ MPH dragsters as well, so that ain't no flimsy frame. I dunno if any other engineers/welders/fabricators want to chime in or not.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 12-22-2008).]

cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post
Here is a video of a trike that has been around a long time http://www.rqriley.com/movies/tmag-hof.mpeg
It was also based on a VW steering section and chasis
Below is the web site.
http://www.rqriley.com/tri-mag.html
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to my brother Saturday (His Birthday) and we briefly discussed his design. He's re-designed the front suspension again, and has sent all his customers the updated design specs. He says it's a bolt-on change.
He offers a money-back guarantee.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 03-22-2009).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2009 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Okay, not a reverse trike, but still pretty neat:
Homebuilt motorcycle-based Mini dune buggies!

The Barracuda:

The Badland ST2:

Anyway, I wonder what it would take to make 'em streetable. In Oklahoma I would think, what? Lights (head, marker and tail) taxes to Uncle Sam, maybe some street tires?

There's a British company called Rage that makes the R180T:

That decided to get into the "Street legal" game and came out with the R180RT:

Anyway, financially, things haven't improved since I had contemplated and decided I couldn't afford to build the Monster Miata, and I'm not any closer to trying to take on a mini-buggy then a RT or MM, just thought it was cool...

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 11-17-2009).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
No, still no money, still no Reverse Trike, Monster Miata or Mini-buggy. However, I've now got a complete ally in my wife. She's always been supportive in my silly projects in a roll her eyes kinda way. But I've finally found a project she's excited about, and it came as a bit of a shock.

She wants a mini-buggy!

So... someday, after we've moved out of this house and have a shop to build in, and, of course, the money to build with, she wants me to try my hand at building something like this ST3 (which is basically a 2-seater version of the Badlands ST2 I picture in my post above) then making it street legal:

They also now have plans for the ST4 which looks bada$$ (but I'm sure would be WAY above my skill level):

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 09-16-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock