Started on: 08-23-2011 01:55 PM
Replies: 86
Last post by: Syn on 08-24-2011 05:25 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
wow... first time i ever felt one, weird....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
I felt it here
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
here too, the building shook for a second, i stood up then it really started shaking. Everybody in the office went outside. never felt one that strong before, very strange. It probably lasted 3 seconds but felt much longer.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

News is saying 5.8, and centered in Virginia.

Everyone OK?

Brad
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:
I felt it here

yup. I felt a little something too.

was very slight - but definitely felt it
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I doubt it did much damage if any, maybe near the epicenter but not here in south Jersey/Philly area....I'm sure if you were from CA you'd be making girly man comments but for those of us on the East coast it's very unusual and a very strange feeling.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
There are rumors on facebook that tall buildings in NYC being evacuated as precaution?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
im bout 25miles from the center here @ work... we felt it nice and strong, no damage, everything looks to be ok, cell phones are out tho.
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
now saying it was a 6.0 (edit to add) depending on who you listen to.

Also reports of evacuations in DC, Philly and NYC. Probably more of a WTF than for damage or threat.

Well that certainly livened up my boring Tuesday.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 08-23-2011).]

Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Picked it up here, too. NYC evacuated buildings, mainly because they don't know what else to do. Let's see when Rumor checks in. He can tell us what's jiggling in New York.

Have there been building evac's in DC, too? I thought I heard somebody say that.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Didn't feel a thing

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009
blame global warming.
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Didn't feel a thing

Me neither
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Didn't feel a thing here, either..

News is also reporting a 5.3 quake in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

There are rumors on facebook that tall buildings in NYC being evacuated as precaution?

they emptyed the malls and all around here for the same reason.

aw man. my cars on jackstands.... O.o
Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Didn't feel a thing

Don't feel bad. I thought a really fat guy had walked past my cubicle. But he would've been carrying something really heavy for that kind of motion.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Weird, we had one here in southeast Colorado too, about the same size as the one in VA.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Don't feel bad. I thought a really fat guy had walked past my cubicle. But he would've been carrying something really heavy for that kind of motion.

I was in bed, soooo wasn't this fat guy.

Brad
Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
aw man. my cars on jackstands.... O.o

If you felt safe enough to get under it, it's probably fine.

Then again, you may live dangerously. YMMV
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Weird, we had one here in southeast Colorado too, about the same size as the one in VA.

Guess that means it's about time for the New Madrid fault to pop...
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
According to the news, the Pentagon and White House were evacuated.

http://www.cfnews13.com/art...,-Pentagon-evacuated
PFF
System Bot
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
WOW Ok I dont want that again.. Our whole factory was shaking ,my desk and computer were also
shaking as was the floor. It was centered in Mineral ,Va Paul's daughter is in Fredericksburg and things
were falling off the shelves.

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Funny thing is I was hauling a large model I am working on across the street to my paint booth at work. The model is so big I hauled it on my deck lid. So I drove really really slow. By the time I made it to the booth the shop building was evacuated and everyone was asking me if I felt it. Which since I was driving in my Fiero I did not. So my first chance at experiencing an earthquake, I was in my Fiero and didn't feel it at all. Darn.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
woaaaaa....

We were at lunch, a block away from work, and didn't feel anything, but when we went outside, there were tons of people just standing there, not saying anything...

the building I work in shook a lot, though (other people told me this)

Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curlrup:

Funny thing is I was hauling a large model I am working on across the street to my paint booth at work. The model is so big I hauled it on my deck lid. So I drove really really slow. By the time I made it to the booth the shop building was evacuated and everyone was asking me if I felt it. Which since I was driving in my Fiero I did not. So my first chance at experiencing an earthquake, I was in my Fiero and didn't feel it at all. Darn.

Your Fiero completely insulated you from an earthquake, and you're upset? Dang. Did you thank it? Safest place to be.

Except, perhaps, in a fire.
Curlrup

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Your Fiero completely insulated you from an earthquake, and you're upset? Dang. Did you thank it? Safest place to be.

Except, perhaps, in a fire.

Well since I was outside I wouldn't have minded feeling somethnig. However, now I know earthquake....in the Fiero.
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
I felt it here in Maine! The window blinds were swaying back & forth. Strange feeling!

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

mike-ohio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike-ohioClick Here to visit mike-ohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to mike-ohioDirect Link to This Post
Felt it here in Marion Ohio north of Columbus.

My office is on the second floor and my desk shook a bit.

Had a bottled water sitting next to me and watched the water in it slosh around.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Well this was either Bush's fault, the republican's fault or the tea bagger's fault. Didn't Bush direct Katrina to strike the democratic sections of New Orleans?

I have been in several earth quakes while stationed in Japan and in California. I only got nervous when the buildings started creaking. There were some minor quakes when I was living in upstate NY. This is just a preview to the end of the world in December 2012.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I didnt feel it myself. But I heard about the one early this morning in Colorado. The one time I felt one, I thought my kid was jumping on the hitch of my camper and yelled at him.
Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
Felt it in Cincy, strong enough for me, no more, thanks.

Pretty strong swaying, papers pinned on my walls were swaying in/out from the walls, my chair was rocking, felt two distinct waves hit. First for about 7 seconds, next was about 3 seconds. Building started creaking, and its not an old building, nor a tall building.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Lets see who has earthquake straps on their hot water heaters......
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Didn't feel a thing

Nothing at this end of the state either (SW....Berrien County.)
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
My father is in New Jersey right now, and he felt it. Didn't feel a thing here.
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynDirect Link to This Post

blame global warming.

Or Bush

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Lets see who has earthquake straps on their hot water heaters......

I'm sorry but why would you want to heat hot water? :P Just picking on you, something we used to do to first year students in Electrical Apprenticeship.

[This message has been edited by Syn (edited 08-23-2011).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Wow....I was watching CNN on the subject and people ran to the roof tops of the buildings they work at . Door frames people...you stand in door frames during a quake....
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Felt it in middletown De. Shook the whole hanger the overhead hoist and the aircraft. We had a chinook on jacks and it didn't fall luckily. My first earthquake and WOW how amazing ! the power to be felt from that far away and it was only a 5.9! Holy sh!t wasn't expecting that at all today

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

Felt it in middletown De. Shook the whole hanger the overhead hoist and the aircraft. We had a chinook on jacks and it didn't fall luckily. My first earthquake and WOW how amazing ! the power to be felt from that far away and it was only a 5.9! Holy sh!t wasn't expecting that at all today

I was up in New Castle @ the 13/40 split at the time. I was idling in a parking lot doing paperwork in my work van and it felt like someone was on the front and back bumper jumping up and down. My first experience and it was special. Cell phones were down for a while from people clogging the celluar towers.
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Mat 24:3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?"
Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered them, "See that no one leads you astray.
Mat 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray.
Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
Mat 24:8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Here in Wilkesboro it felt as though there was extreme heavy equipment being used in my front yard. I had time to get up and look out the window to see what my neighbor was doing before it was over. When I saw nothing, I thought "What the hell was that? I will have to jump online and see if there was an earthquake." This was my first earthquake, and it leaves me being glad I chose to live in an area that is naturally void of natural disasters.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock