Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Wah Wah--we (Detroit) supported Obama, so we deserve a bailout as big as GM's (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Wah Wah--we (Detroit) supported Obama, so we deserve a bailout as big as GM's by maryjane
Started on: 04-13-2011 12:32 AM
Replies: 89
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 04-28-2011 08:18 PM
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I only watched her for a minute and a half and crying is not a terrible enough fate for her in my opinion.
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Yeah guys... sorry... the video was so bad, I started to get EMO about it, and kind of lashed out by fooling the rest of you into watching it too. I knew it was wrong, but I was hoping people somewhat close to me would experience how crappy it was, so that they could help me deal with the fact that I'll never be able to erase this unbelievably lame video from my mind.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
well that works out, if you are emo now, I now want to punch you in the face! LOL
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

well that works out, if you are emo now, I now want to punch you in the face! LOL

I might start with the hair cut first, and see how that goes.

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
LOL you just beg to get Photoshopped.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

LOL you just beg to get Photoshopped.

I'd love to see how someone could EMO out one of these pictures.

http://good-times.webshots....43880034899203lqDrGP

http://good-times.webshots....43863034899203fWuuDu

The last one is funny, becuase I was trying to be all hot and stuff in front of the fire place to the girl I was dating at the time (now my wife). The thing is though, that literally 10 minutes after this picture was taken, I suffered from some HARD-CORE diarrhea from both ends (for like the next 16 hours). Word of advice, do NOT take the cheese cube samples at the cheese shop next door to the Ghiardelli Chocolate factory in Vermont.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I wish I knew how to photoshop.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I'd love to see how someone could EMO out one of these pictures.

http://good-times.webshots....43880034899203lqDrGP

http://good-times.webshots....43863034899203fWuuDu

The last one is funny, becuase I was trying to be all hot and stuff in front of the fire place to the girl I was dating at the time (now my wife). The thing is though, that literally 10 minutes after this picture was taken, I suffered from some HARD-CORE diarrhea from both ends (for like the next 16 hours). Word of advice, do NOT take the cheese cube samples at the cheese shop next door to the Ghiardelli Chocolate factory in Vermont.

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
lol now all it needs is a bear skin rug!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
A change of heart--an epihany--just got tired of it? I dunno, but it is odd, that this happened about the same time liberals in office began to recieve the same type OT criticism that conservatives endured while GWB was in office, especially during his 1st term and the early part of his 2nd term.

Funny how that works, .
He sure liked politics when Bush was in office, .
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Wha'ts EMO?

I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm looking for a union guy to do that for me. It's not in my job description, either.
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
It's the latest word for kids who suck at sports.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Because I would be upset if I (and the other 569 thousand viewers) were the only ones who had to suffer, I feel it necessary to post it here as well.

[Todd's favorite video here]

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I can't help it...

nope--didn't watch it.
Sometimes, being on dialup is a true blessing.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Hahahha!!! That's hilarious....

OH Man... I'm never going to let my hair grow like that....

OH **** ! I just noticed you made my jeans black too! That's impressive...

EDIT: Watching that video got me thinking. I'm starting to think that my wife might be a little bit "scene."

Most of her friends from Urban Outfitters dress like that. They don't all usually wear the eye make-up, but when we'd go out with them in Miami to parties, they'd all be dressed like those girls. My wife doesn't have any piercings on her face, just one on her belly button, and even though she doesn't do any crazy stuff with her hair (since she has to be professional), she's got all those same clothes that she wears sometimes. I think I may have to confront her about it...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-21-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

I walked over, as you were getting some Fiero parts out of your passenger side floorboard--you had removed your passenger side seat to have more room. I said "Hey, someone stole your seat" and you turned around and I introduced myself as: "I'm Don--Maryjane on PFF".
You:
Hi, good to meet ya--HEY! What do ya think of George Bush's plan for......."

I just said, "We all drove too far to spend time debating politics James--let's talk Fieros".

This is a complete fabrication...

I also distinctly remember what you said that day, regarding the rating system and your personal goal, but since it involves a 3rd party not currently involved in the discussion, I won't go into it in public or private, but I remember thinking to myself at the time, "What a really strange attitude for someone to take".

Well, don't know what to say, why don't you tell me what I said, that way both of us will know. I've never had any goals WRT the rating system. Everything I've ever done for the forum was done freely without any desire for ratings. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: My contribution are because that's just the kind of person I am. Whatever ratings are offered are offered freely and willingly, positive or negative.

Don, I don't appreciate your outright lies about me, especially behind my back by hiding them in a political topic that you thought I wouldn't see. Actually, I only stumbled across your lies by accident because I searched my handle to find a thread I remember posting in a while back but couldn't remember the title of.

My assessment that you're a prick is only bolstered by your lies. I guess now you're a lying prick. If I ever meet you again I'll say the same exact thing to your face, too. That's one thing about me, what I type and what I say are the same thing.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Hahahha!!! That's hilarious....

OH Man... I'm never going to let my hair grow like that....

OH **** ! I just noticed you made my jeans black too! That's impressive...

EDIT: Watching that video got me thinking. I'm starting to think that my wife might be a little bit "scene."

Most of her friends from Urban Outfitters dress like that. They don't all usually wear the eye make-up, but when we'd go out with them in Miami to parties, they'd all be dressed like those girls. My wife doesn't have any piercings on her face, just one on her belly button, and even though she doesn't do any crazy stuff with her hair (since she has to be professional), she's got all those same clothes that she wears sometimes. I think I may have to confront her about it...

Uh if she has friends from Urban Outfitters that is enough evidence LOL
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Scottzilla79

2573 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by JazzMan:

That's one thing about me, what I type and what I say are the same thing.

Ya, I'm sure. All self-delusional bullshit. Maryjane was responding to you as you posted in the thread earlier you mope. That is not talking behind your back.

Actually, I only stumbled across your lies by accident because I searched my handle to find a thread I remember posting in a while back but couldn't remember the title of.

Hmm, I bet it's more like you go looking for people who mention you to get in these little battles.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Well, don't know what to say, why don't you tell me what I said, that way both of us will know. I've never had any goals WRT the rating system. Everything I've ever done for the forum was done freely without any desire for ratings. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: My contribution are because that's just the kind of person I am. Whatever ratings are offered are offered freely and willingly, positive or negative.

Don, I don't appreciate your outright lies about me, especially behind my back by hiding them in a political topic that you thought I wouldn't see. Actually, I only stumbled across your lies by accident because I searched my handle to find a thread I remember posting in a while back but couldn't remember the title of.

My assessment that you're a prick is only bolstered by your lies. I guess now you're a lying prick. If I ever meet you again I'll say the same exact thing to your face, too. That's one thing about me, what I type and what I say are the same thing.

A complete fabrication ?
Well, I be damned. You did the same thing to me at a Round Up. Politics first thing off your lips. Call us both a liar.
Everything that you have done for the forum ? Like polluting every thread that you did not like ? No, you don't care about ratings. You think you have a green bar shield. I will give up mine if you give up yours. Do you got a nut sack ? Everything that you have done for the forum ? Like taking every contribution you ever made because you are a piss ant ? Polluting every thread that you do not like ? We know what kind of a person you are, !
Behind your back ? Get over your thin skinned vulva. How did you find a thread that you were not involved in ? Or, did you read political stuff you hate ?
Jizzy, Jizzy, Jizzy,
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35951 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Don, I don't appreciate your outright lies about me ...

How do you think I feel about you distorting my past ?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

No, it is not. It happened exactly that way. I have a phobia or peeve about always being honest in all my dealings and words, and this is no different. I have no reason to lie about it, and wouldn't even if I did think I had cause to.
Why you choose to deny it is beyond me, and I really don't care why either. I prefer, to believe you've either forgotten, or pushed that meeting out of your mind as you seem to have decided you wish to have nothing whatsoever to do with politics at all--which is certainly your choice, but it doesn't change the fact that it happened exactly as I have said it did. You used to wear your politics on your sleeve for all to see and read, and you frequently interjected political comments everywhere and anywhere you wished here in OT regardless of what the thread content was. Perhaps in the above case, you thought since you and I had had so many political discussions here in OT, that you thought politics was all we had in common--I really don't know.

Which is why I was so taken aback by your comments about your ratings when I met you in person, and since you asked me to repeat it here, I will oblige as I am prone to do anytime anyone asks me a direct question--but I will omit a name from the part involving another forum member, as it is not my place to decide that it is appropriate to bring that person into it. If my words jog your memory, and you wish to include that name, feel free to do so.

We were, at the Fiero event I mentioned previously, discussing your contributions in tech and I made some comment in compliment to the many posts you made with photos included and how much they helped. (I had not at that time switched from film to digital camera and was impressed with the clear annontated pics you included in many of your tech posts).

[You acknowledged my compliment and said you posted so much in tech mostly, because you liked to help people, but also stated you had a goal of acquiring enough positive ratings to become ban proof so you could say anything you wished in OT without fear of getting banned, because "there's a group of conservatives led by Toddster working secretly to get their liberal enemies banned" and, that you just wanted to have more positives than (name omitted).
You didn't say why you wished to have more +s than the un-named member and I didn't ask why.

I didn't say much about any of that, other than to say that if there was a secret conservative group at PFF I had no knowldege of it (didn't and still don't) but thought to myself "Huh? wtf--Here's an intelligent articulate guy, but with a secret selfserving agenda that shallow-- all because of an internet forum rating bar?"

Call me a liar again if you wish, but that's exactly what came out of your mouth.

Another memory lapse? You called me a prick on the 13th of April in this thread, a week later had forgotten about it but then expect anyone to believe you remember our conversation from several years ago so clearly, that you can now call me a liar because I don't have problems remembering? Think about it James.

1. I have not lied and I too will say anything to a person's face that I type here. AND, I almost always remember what I said-- long afterwards.
2. I did NOT say anything behind your back --just as others have pointed out to you. I posted it here in full view, in a thread YOU have been a part of almost from the start, in reply to YOUR comments--and even quoted your post when I replied. First, you complain I did not tag the thread correctly, which I explained and apologized for, and then I immediately thereafter corrected the tag, and I suppose you now think I re-tagged it soley to hide my subsequent comments from you?
Get real. Or better, get some help. I don't know if you have a persecution complex or what, but you're better than the crap you've been typing the last couple of months.
The world isn't out to get you. And I certainly am not.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69660 posts
Member since Apr 2001
At least some in that state are looking at realistic ways to curb Detroit's and Michigan's deficit problems, tho they are getting some flack over it. Tough times require tough financial decisions, and it looks like they are preparing to make some.

http://www.detnews.com/arti...rge-by-Jesse-Jackson

Detroit — A top state official defended the broad new powers given to emergency managers in an exchange Thursday with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who decried the move as "democracy being suspended."

"It's an intrusion of civil rights. The (manager) becomes a czar," Jackson said.

Advertisement

But Michael Finney, president and CEO of the Michigan Economic Development Corp., shot back at Jackson's charge during a question-and-answer session at a Pancakes and Politics event at the Detroit Athletic Club downtown. The forum, sponsored by the Michigan Chronicle and Real Times Media, hosted a panel of experts discussing recent efforts to revitalize the city of Detroit.

"It's a harsh approach, it will certainly empower someone" to make tough financial decisions, Finney told Jackson and a crowd of several hundred business and political leaders.

Besides Finney, panel headliners included: Quicken Loans Chairman Dan Gilbert; Detroit Economic Growth Corp. CEO George Jackson Jr.; Detroit Regional Chamber President and CEO Sandy Barauh; and Hudson-Webber Foundation President and CEO David Egner.

Finney was recently appointed by Republican Gov. Rick Snyder to head the MEDC, which is the state agency intended to spur business growth and keep Michigan's business environment competitive.

Appointing an emergency manager for Detroit is not something Snyder is advocating, preferring to let the mayor and City Council resolve Detroit's massive debt, Finney said.

Last month, Snyder signed legislation giving new powers to emergency managers appointed by the state of Michigan to run struggling cities and schools, including the ability to terminate union contracts.

Snyder contends they will let the state offer assistance earlier when local governments are in financial distress, instead of waiting until they're on the brink of bankruptcy, and give emergency managers better tools.

Many Democrats and labor unions say it's a state power grab that could set up virtual dictatorships and strip power from local elected officials. Jackson participated in protests earlier this week against the emergency manager appointed in Benton Harbor.

Finney countered the emergency manager is needed to avoid financial ruin.

"Financially, not just Detroit, but many of the school districts are on a path for that because they are financially insolvent or near insolvency," Finney said. "If we don't solve that our state is on the same path as Detroit." The state of Michigan faces a $1.4 billion budget gap in its general fund for fiscal year 2011, according to the governor's office.

Earlier this month, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing said the city's $155 million budget deficit will grow to $1.2 billion by 2015 if drastic steps are not taken to cut costs. Bing said the city must immediately find $200 million to balance the budget. The new fiscal year begins July 1.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
This is the problem any city/state/or federal govt runs into when they operate in deficit conditions. It's ok to run a small managable debt load, but if the revenue that supports the debt payment decreases for any reason, or if there is a sudden requirement for more cash outlays, disaster is right around the corner. Same holds true for personal and family finances.

Detroit's ever decreasing population, coupled with a flat but fairly high unemployment rate is causing huge financial drains on the city's coffers, and there is no good, easy answer for them, especially since they are already in deficit conditions, They can't realistically expect the state or feds to recue them when both are also running red bottom lines. Nor, can they easily entice new business to come in, because that is almost always done by offering tax breaks to get them to come, and the city desperately needs every corporate and individual tax dollar and can ill afford to exempt anyone. An ever decreasing circle of revenue to work with, which eventually leads to downgrades of their debt, meaning they have to pay higher yields (interest) on debt old and new, which further deteriorates the situation. A downgrade for Detroit's debt would be disasterous, perhaps leading to default, which is already being quietly but seriously discussed by some but a downgrade isn't likly in the near future as long as they can cut their expenses somehow..

DETROIT—Motor City officials are grappling with potential financial fallout from news last month of a 25% population decline over the last decade.

Among the city's chief concerns is the possibility that a lower population count could imperil at least $265 million in revenue already budgeted by the city for this fiscal year. Another concern that analysts are raising: a possible downgrade of the credit rating on Detroit's bonds due in part to its shrunken tax base. Detroit officials, on the other hand, say they aren't anticipating a downgrade in the near future.

Populous Metropolis
See how the list of the top 50 U.S. cities by population has shifted from 1950 to 2010 as more people move west and south.

View Interactive

America in 2010
See changes in population and total population by race across the U.S.

More photos and interactive graphics The fiscal stresses come as Mayor Dave Bing is expected to unveil his $3.1 billion annual budget Tuesday. Officials say Mr. Bing will propose generating $200 million by tapping additional revenue and cutting and consolidating services in a city whose population now stands at 713,777, according to the 2010 Census data. Detroit plans to push for a recount of the Census figure, which was attributed to middle-class African-Americans moving to the suburbs.

Even before the Census news, newly elected Republican Gov. Rick Snyder proposed that the city, like others in Michigan, prove it is moving toward greater efficiency in its spending to qualify for maximum state funding.

City officials are already in talks with state leaders in an attempt to modify state laws so that Detroit would continue to be able to draw tax revenues at close to current levels despite its reduced size. The city's ability to impose certain taxes is tied to having a population greater than 750,000.

Mr. Bing is also set to eliminate the city's $155 million budget deficit over the next five years, which has been reduced from $330 million when Mr. Bing took office in 2009.

More on the Census
Latino Population Surge Poses Challenge to GOP Population Leaves Heartland Behind Unlike previous deficit elimination plans, Mr. Bing's proposal anticipates declining revenues for the city. The budget also cuts Detroit's work force of 11,400 but isn't specific, officials said. Cost savings in the proposed budget will come from reduction in health care and pension costs, two measures that will require additional concessions from unionized workers.

Its current budget term ending June 30 counts on millions in tax revenue now at risk. Those draw from utility usage as well as from taxing personal income, which produced $265 million for the city this fiscal year, according to the mayor's office.

A shrinking Detroit could also lose its representation on regional and state boards and the ability to run its own health department.

As for the credit-rating concerns, research firm Municipal Market Advisors said in a recent report that Detroit's "risk of downgrade" has "increased" in part because of the sharp demographic decline.

In a March report after the Census news, analyst Beth Foos of Moody's Investors Service, part of Moody's Corp., called the population decline a "credit negative," adding that "the city already has extremely strained finances, and with continued declines in major revenue streams, it will become even more challenging to balance the budget." Moody's doesn't comment on potential rating changes.

Analysts are also concerned that a downgrade could mean Detroit would have to pay tens of millions of dollars to exit interest-rate bets it made with Wall Street banks in 2005 and 2006. Detroit disputes it would have to pay more based on the downgrade alone.

Interest-rate swap agreements are essentially financial bets many states and cities made in recent years in the hope of protecting themselves from higher rates. The deals backfired when rates fell, sending some municipalities scrambling to exit the agreements. Detroit's swap agreements are tied to bonds it issued in 2005 and 2006 to help address funding shortfalls in its pension funds.

Detroit city officials say a downgrade wouldn't trigger any additional financial penalty if the city keeps up its required payments, which total about $50 million a year to banks.

If in fact Detroit would have to pay to exit its swap agreements following a downgrade, as some analysts have said could happen, city officials have said in recent bond documents there is "significant risk" it wouldn't be able to pay the full amount.

A downgrade of Detroit's debt "may cause its obligation under its interest-rate swap agreements to increase significantly," based on the city's recent financial documents, Lisa Washburn, a managing director at Municipal Market Advisors, the research firm, said in an interview.

Chris Brown, Detroit's chief operating officer, says the city isn't anticipating a downgrade by any rating firm, making any talk of a swap payment premature.

"I'm not going to walk away from the fact when you lose population you have challenges," Mr. Brown said. He added that the city was moving aggressively to cut spending and preserve its ability to raise revenue.
(more at the following link)

http://online.wsj.com/artic...254790709350546.html
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally quoted by maryjane:
Last month, Snyder signed legislation giving new powers to emergency managers appointed by the state of Michigan to run struggling cities and schools, including the ability to terminate union contracts.

What other powers I wonder ?

A top state official defended the broad new powers given to emergency managers in an exchange Thursday with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who decried the move as "democracy being suspended."

frack Jackson, his cronies, and all who believe in them. Let them have the city. Let them find out how life is without other people's money, .

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35951 posts
Member since Jun 2003

You used to wear your politics on your sleeve for all to see and read, and you frequently interjected political comments everywhere and anywhere you wished here in OT regardless of what the thread content was.

Quoted for historical fact. And as you pointed out maryjane in another thread, it is interesting that he did so when he disagreed with the political climate. Most here remember all the liberal loonies disappearing when Nobama/Pelosi/Reid got elected. Interesting also is how now they are resurfacing after the shellacking they got in 2010. You can bank Jizzy will again be politically posting relentlessly in 2012.

You acknowledged my compliment and said you posted so much in tech mostly, because you liked to help people, but also stated you had a goal of acquiring enough positive ratings to become ban proof so you could say anything you wished in OT without fear of getting banned ...

Pathetic, . So much for my challenge, .

Originally posted by cliffw:
You think you have a green bar shield. I will give up mine if you give up yours. Do you got a nut sack ?

Gosh, trolls like Jizzy almost make it necessary to have a ratings bar for each section, .

Get real. Or better, get some help. I don't know if you have a persecution complex or what, but you're better than the crap you've been typing the last couple of months.
The world isn't out to get you. And I certainly am not.

I prefer to think of James as a class act. I posted as much a week or so ago. I am beginning to wonder. I am not out to get him but I do want to make him stop the .

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

A top state official defended the broad new powers given to emergency managers in an exchange Thursday with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who decried the move as "democracy being suspended."

frack Jackson, his cronies, and all who believe in them. Let them have the city. Let them find out how life is without other people's money,

Democracy is suspended most any time an executive motion is made, whether it be in the tiniest village or at the top of the political food chain. However, it is almost always within that entity's constituionally provided authority.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
And, business as usual in Motor City. $1000+ per chair for a public library?

DETROIT, April 23 (UPI) -- The Detroit Public Library is drawing criticism for spending $2.3 million revamping a wing of the main building amid widespread branch closings.

Critics of the overhaul, which includes spending $1,092 apiece on 20 yellow and orange European lounge chairs, said it amounts to reckless spending after library officials recently announced 18 of its 23 neighborhood branches would be closed and 191 of 333 workers would be laid off due to finances, The Detroit News reported Friday.

"$1,100 per chair is reckless spending for a public institution," said Todd Kelly, president of American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Local 1259, which represents 125 library employees. "It would be easier to swallow the current situation if we didn't see things like that."

Executive Director Jo Anne Mondowney conceded the South Wing renovation is expensive but noted the plans were put in place before her tenure began 19 months ago.

Edward Thomas, chairman of the library commission, said the library's financial woes are not related to the renovations. He said officials have projected a 20 percent drop in revenues per year until 2015 due to declining property taxes.

"Our monthly payroll is $2 million," Thomas said. "When you have a situation like this, people are looking for someone to blame. I just think some things are being made more of than they are. The root cause is really the decline in property taxes."

No dummy--the root cause is unwisely spending money when there is a deficit.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News...45600/#ixzz1KLpBqB1v
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Executive Director Jo Anne Mondowney conceded the South Wing renovation is expensive but noted the plans were put in place before her tenure began 19 months ago.

But, but, if you do not carry out your plans you are seen as being irresponsible, . I suppose it was in the plans 19 months ago to close 18 of its 23 neighborhood branches and 191 of 333 workers would be laid off.
Another thing, ...

Edward Thomas, chairman of the library commission, said officials have projected a 20 percent drop in revenues per year until 2015 due to declining property taxes.

What then in 2015 ? A 50% drop in revenues ? It almost sounds like he expects a rebound in tax revenues. With the same failed mindset and fiscal mismanagement, ?
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
This is one of the great weaknesses of federalism. They have the right to run their state, or municipality into the ground and we have the responsibility to bail them out.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

And, business as usual in Motor City. $1000+ per chair for a public library?

...which includes spending $1,092 apiece on 20 yellow and orange European lounge chairs ...

Heh, been thinking about this. I can't believe they put $1,000.00 lounge chairs in the general public use section. It was general public tax dollars. The libraries here, and the ones in San Antonio, are magnets for the homeless to escape the hardships of the outside environment. Nothing wrong with that but public money should go to public use. High dollar office chairs for the library executives, or even for meeting rooms for influential groups, does not cut the mustard.
I'd like to see a picture of a $1,100.00 dollar chair.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-23-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Detroit overstaffed compared to other cities

linky
Detroit —Detroit's (governmental) work force hasn't shrunk with its population, leaving the cash-strapped city with far more employees than most comparably sized cities.
The 12,900 workers in the Bing budget proposed this month is much more than similar size Midwestern cities including Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio, and double much more populous cities including San Jose, Calif. Bing has resisted calls for mass layoffs, saying Detroit's population exodus in the past 10 years was fueled in part by shrinking services.

Shrinking services ?
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

...also stated you had a goal of acquiring enough positive ratings to become ban proof so you could say anything you wished in OT without fear of getting banned, because "there's a group of conservatives led by Toddster working secretly to get their liberal enemies banned" and, that you just wanted to have more positives than (name omitted).

Oooh, I hear the black helicopters circling overhead. A 6 or 7 year long plan to earn enough ratings to go after a secret cabal on this forum led by Toddster? And that my only reason for earning positives was to have more than (name omitted)? Well, I apparently succeeded on the first goal because Toddster is gone, though it seems he left sometime during the years I was gone from the forum. Dunno how that happened or why, but I guess I can take credit for it since you're offering it. I must have succeeded on the second one because I've got more ratings than anyone here but Cliff Pennock. Wow, my hard work over all those years posting in technical paid off I guess, especially the work I put in working in my yard while I was absent PFF. I wonder who (name omitted) was? Is he or she still here? I must admit, it's fun being the center of a grand conspiracy that spans many years and involves so many co-conspirators. I wonder who they are? Or were?

LOL!

Jeez, sometimes you just can't make this stuff up!

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
please keep your non politcal reply out of this politcal thread...

(I kid of course)

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Just getting this clear.. Jazz is the man, Detroit still sucks?
If Jazz was in charge of Detroit everything would be great because he'd do the same things, but because he's doing it it would be better?
(Obama policy)

Conspiracy? What? New guys like Jazz always crack me up in OT

Spose I could get a higher rating in Tech or Fiero chat.. but unlike here, there is usually someone with better knowledge abut an issue.
So far my biggest achievement has been the removal of the blue dingy thingy
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

LOL!

Pretty much my thought as well when you told it to me.

Yes, then un-named person is still here.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Oh, yeah, way too funny....

What's next, I told you I'm an alien from outer space, living in a hollowed asteroid circling Ceres? (wait, did I say that in my outside voice!?!?!?!)

Man, this has made my whole week.

Thanks, Don, I really needed this kind of laugh. Overhead is killing me in flux-core class this week...

Edit to add:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Man, the more sit here the funnier it gets!

Oh God, my ribs are starting to hurt. Gotta stop laughing before I go hysterical...

Edit 2:

My buddy up here came over to see what all the hilarity was about. I showed him the conspiracy theory that I apparently hatched 7 or 8 years ago. Mind you, he's known me since I started here back in the 90's. His look was then he started laughing too. It's been years since I've had a laugh this good, it's like a aerobic workout.

Man, I owe you one. Next time I see you I'll buy you a beer in thanks!

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-28-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Would you consider degrading sarcasm uncivilized?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Oooh, I hear the black helicopters circling overhead. A 6 or 7 year long plan to earn enough ratings to go after a secret cabal on this forum led by Toddster? And that my only reason for earning positives was to have more than (name omitted)? Well, I apparently succeeded on the first goal because Toddster is gone, though it seems he left sometime during the years I was gone from the forum. Dunno how that happened or why, but I guess I can take credit for it since you're offering it. I must have succeeded on the second one because I've got more ratings than anyone here but Cliff Pennock. Wow, my hard work over all those years posting in technical paid off I guess, especially the work I put in working in my yard while I was absent PFF. I wonder who (name omitted) was? Is he or she still here? I must admit, it's fun being the center of a grand conspiracy that spans many years and involves so many co-conspirators. I wonder who they are? Or were?

LOL!

How do you know that Toddster is gone??? :-)

- Todd

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Jazzman just makes the rules he doesn't have to live by them.
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Jazzman just makes the rules he doesn't have to live by them.

Ya know, I tagged him with the nickname of "Mr. Hypocrite". Many people don't like my calling a spade a spade and "negative" responses. But, I hit the target pretty accurately in my posts.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If it was degrading sarcasm, sure, but this was pure unadulterated hilarity. Plain old laughter. This here is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in years, and sounds more like something Dan Brown would write. I gotta assume Don wrote it in humor because the idea of me concocting a conspiracy years ago, working hard to contribute to tech (where I suspect all of my positives were earned, don't know for sure because I don't keep track of my ratings and never have) for half a decade to earn nearly 600 positives just so I could go after a secret PFF organization led by Toddster, and wanted to have more ratings than some unnamed person for some unnamed reason, is frankly ludicrous. God, I'm starting to crack up again, Got. To. Stop. Thinking. About. Grand. Conspiracy.

Let you in on a little secret: I'm not really human. I exist on another dimension where time is non-linear. This corporeal body is just a manifestation in this universe of my true otherworldly being. >Snerk<

God, this is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whahahahahahha....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock