Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Oil Field Trash And Proud Of It (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Oil Field Trash And Proud Of It by cliffw
Started on: 08-30-2006 09:04 AM
Replies: 100
Last post by: maryjane on 08-14-2008 08:06 AM
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post
Whats wrong with this picture Cliff??

IP: Logged
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

Well, the first thing I see wrong with it is....I don't see your happy a$$ using a scrub brush.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post
Motorhands dont scrub they hold the power washer and yell at the floor hands .. (look at the brake handle)
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Is some sort of safety device being defeated in the picture?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2007 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

The WD-40 don't have the little straw plugged into the spray nossle.
It could go EVERYWHERE!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-14-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Motorhands dont scrub ....

heh, I need a motor hand job.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35923 posts
Member since Jun 2003
You are a motor hand, correct, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 12-17-2007).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35923 posts
Member since Jun 2003

... (look at the brake handle)

Sorry William, you caught me at the end of a long three weeks.
I do not even see what resembles a brake handle. The chain it down chain looks like it is engaged. The automatic driller cable is taught. The shadows are confusing me. That unpainted box/contraption is the brake handle ?

Motorhands dont scrub.....

Lose the attitude, it will serve you well. I dig ditches.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Yeah I'm working motors, you know we scrub...ALOT. That shadow is a bit breaker!! We drilled 2 kelly's when I insisted we adjust the brakes. I've learned that making connections with a breaker bar on the brake handle ain't no fun.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I've learned that making connections with a breaker bar on the brake handle ain't no fun.

Safety first, .
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Yeah I'm working motors, you know we scrub...ALOT. That shadow is a bit breaker!! We drilled 2 kelly's when I insisted we adjust the brakes. I've learned that making connections with a breaker bar on the brake handle ain't no fun.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
----- Original Message -----
you wouldnt happen to work for schlumberger would you?
Im just curious because they recruit from my school. (Universal Technical Institute)

No, I do not. I know them well though.
Have you seen my Oil Field Trash And Proud Of It thread ?
I have been on drilling rigs for a long time. Schlumberger, Halliburton, BJ Tools, and so many others are support operations for drilling. I have a set schedule whereas they have to be there when needed. I know I get more time off and make more money and....and I steal my money. There are some drilling service occupations which can be beneficial money wise. I have thought about raking in that cash. Don't need it. Even though it is more money. How happy can a man be ?
I started stupid and I guess I still am although I am a little smarter, . Today, I am getting dumber and dumber 12 ounces at a time, . At the house, .
What is happening in the today's oil market in regards to employees is that they are taking warm bodies. They like to act like you should be church going and all but they don't care. They are not even drug testing any more, afraid of being short handed. Supply and demand at the other end of the spectrum. Whatever.
Check out this thread. If you want to succeed in the oil field, man up. Pin that recruiter to the wall. Phuck their dumb $hit !
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I saw an ad on TV regarding an upcoming miniseries type documentary--sort of like Deadliest Catch, but about the oilfield instead of Alaskan crab industry. Coming on some time in June I believe.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I am kinda wondering how bad they mess it up. I do think it will be interesting.
The series is called "Black Gold". It will be on the old "Court TV", now called "Tru TV", "not reality, actuality".
Here is a promo submitted to an oilfield forum.

TruTV’s thrilling New Original Series BLACK GOLD
Digs into the High-Stakes World of Texas Oil Drilling

Hi Curtis my name is Stephen Morgan and I work for Tru TV. We have an exciting new program “Black Gold” premiering in June and it’s all about Roughnecking in West Texas . Seeing your website I thought that this would really interest you and your site. Please feel to contact with any inquires!

................................Roughnecks Risk Life and Limb to Tap Into America’s Most Crucial Energy Resource.....................................

Gripping Series about Life on an Oil Rig Premieres Wednesday, June 18, 10 p.m. (ET)

From the creator of Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers comes one of the most explosive, relevant and thrilling original series of the year. truTV’s BLACK GOLD, premiering Wednesday, June 18, at 10 p.m. (ET), follows the high-stakes world of drilling for oil in west Texas. With the ever-increasing tensions from rising gas prices and dependency on foreign oil, BLACK GOLD goes inside the world of men who risk their lives drilling for American crude. It’s a multimillion-dollar race to tap into the nation’s last remaining reserves, and BLACK GOLD presents an unfiltered look at lives on the line.

It costs oil men millions of dollars to drill two miles into the Earth in search of crude, and every second can lead to boom or bust. Each one-hour episode of BLACK GOLD focuses on oil rigs and the men who hope to strike it rich. With only 50 days to successfully locate and retrieve the precious commodity, the roughnecks, as they are called on the rig, endure exhausting, dangerous work demands and face losing something more valuable than the money of the oil men. They risk losing their own lives. It all adds up to big risk, big reward, big characters and most of all big business.

BLACK GOLD gives viewers front-row seats to three different rigs – Longhorn, Viking and Big Dog – funded by two oilmen who have risked their fortunes in hopes of striking it big and keeping the drill bits turning. In the end is the moment of truth – was it all worth it? It’s a multi-million dollar roll of the dice. With enough time to drill only three wells, they have to contend not only with such elements as scorching heat and sudden lightning storms, but also the danger of working on the rig itself, where anything can go wrong at any moment and at every turn.

Each rig is led by the driller, who takes care of everything from mechanical issues to manpower problems. The most challenging part for drillers is finding men brave enough to lift and move tons of iron and trying to ensure that these hard-partying roughnecks will actually show up for work. For many drillers, most of their time is spent trying to teach their most inexperienced roughnecks – or worms as they’re called in the oilfield – how to survive on a rig and how to avoid getting hit with iron pipes flying around. Drillers know that just one wrong move can cost a man his finger, his arm or even his life.

The oil boom has brought the 60-year-old Longhorn rig out of retirement. Gerald, an old-school driller, with 32 years of experience and a hand missing half a thumb from a long ago mishap, leads the rig and expects a lot from his crew. He isn’t afraid to tell them when they’re not cutting it.

Just 500 yards away is the brand-new Viking rig, where the technology and the men in charge are a very different sort. While Gerald, a tough leader who has only nine toes left, barks at his roughnecks, Viking driller Wayne treats his young crew like his family. Both Longhorn and Viking are drilling for oilman Mike LaMonica and his upstart company, ExL Petroleum. Mike’s eager to cash in on the high prices being paid for crude, but if this play doesn’t work out, it could put them under.

The final rig is the Big Dog. Its name fits since it’s larger than the competition and unlike the other rigs, Big Dog driller Tim, does not have decades of experience. Big Dog is drilling for local legend Autry Stephens, who is one of the most successful independent wilcatters.

Jaime Yandolino
Public Relations Manager truTV
600 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10016
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

I have done alot of research on this topic so here are the links I have found. Get your reading glasses on.

http://enzi.senate.gov/workertraining.htm
This is all legitimate information. This school really exists and really is free. The current wait is 10-12 weeks. I know all this because I applied 3 weeks ago. Hopefully it all works out for me. I'll keep you updated.

Oh, and thanks for everything CliffW.

The link for the school is no long available. My roommate at I want to apply. Can you please help us?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
Can you please help us?

I can....somehow. As much as I can. Let me look into it.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
The link for the school is no long available. My roommate at I want to apply. Can you please help us?

Here you go guys http://www.mcmurrytrainingcenter.com/

click on the for students link.

report back or email me or cliffw info. If your serious about a job and can get to utah i can have you a job in less that 48 hours of getting here. prolly in ut or co or wy or nm or nd or mt.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
In my day we had men of iron and wooden derricks. Now they have steel derricks and knotheads for hands.

(That's the way it was told to me 30 yrs ago)

Smellin kinda wormy in here.
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

................................Roughnecks Risk Life and Limb to Tap Into America’s Most Crucial Energy Resource.....................................

Gripping Series about Life on an Oil Rig Premieres Wednesday, June 18, 10 p.m. (ET)
-Snip_
It costs oil men millions of dollars to drill two miles into the Earth in search of crude, and every second can lead to boom or bust. Each one-hour episode of BLACK GOLD focuses on oil rigs and the men who hope to strike it rich. With only 50 days to successfully locate and retrieve the precious commodity, the roughnecks, as they are called on the rig, endure exhausting, dangerous work demands and face losing something more valuable than the money of the oil men. They risk losing their own lives. It all adds up to big risk, big reward, big characters and most of all big business.

Each rig is led by the driller, who takes care of everything from mechanical issues to manpower problems. The most challenging part for drillers is finding men brave enough to lift and move tons of iron and trying to ensure that these hard-partying roughnecks will actually show up for work. For many drillers, most of their time is spent trying to teach their most inexperienced roughnecks – or worms as they’re called in the oilfield – how to survive on a rig and how to avoid getting hit with iron pipes flying around. Drillers know that just one wrong move can cost a man his finger, his arm or even his life.
-snip-
The oil boom has brought the 60-year-old Longhorn rig out of retirement. Gerald, an old-school driller, with 32 years of experience and a hand missing half a thumb from a long ago mishap, leads the rig and expects a lot from his crew. He isn’t afraid to tell them when they’re not cutting it.

An old school driller, with a short thumb, no problems. He may have learned to be very careful?
Who had this rig parked /stacked out?
A '48 Buick, I'm not going to depend on as a Daily Driver, much less a home away from home?
------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 08-14-2008).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
No toolpusher?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay