Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Phoney eBay Second Chance Offer (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Phoney eBay Second Chance Offer by Patrick
Started on: 09-07-2007 08:07 PM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Patrick on 09-14-2007 05:02 PM
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
Please - Agent Ben Dover is too funny NOT to use. What about another little "delay" for a "visit" to the Emergency Room after a little road rage incident.
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
I feel I’ve led scammer #1 along for long enough at this phase of the game, so now we advance to the second stage where we supply a name and mailing address. Due to popular demand, I've chosen “Ben Dover” as the name , but I wanted to select a ..... ummm, secure environment as a home address. This then is my latest email to scammer #1:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, sounds like a good deal to me. Here’s my mailing address:

Ben Dover
Cell # 666, Leavenworth USP
1300 Metropolitan Avenue
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048

Send me the invoice and we’ll take it from there. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we sit back and wait to hopefully find out what the emailed invoice from scammer #1 is going to look like.

By the way here’s a picture of “home”.

United States Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas

I wanted to use the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp as my place of residence, but I couldn’t find a mailing address.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-10-2007).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
That's funny. I am glad you decided to use the name I gave you. This is going to be very funny. You are doing a very good job with this.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Well, that didn’t take very long! Scammer #1 immediately sent me the following email:

I forwarded the informations you sent me to eBay Square Trade. You will receive an invoice from them. Please follow their instructions exactly.
Please let me know when you receive the invoice.
Thanks

This was followed shortly thereafter by an invoice. Looks pretty convincing except for the fact that this scammer, who has been using the name of Matthew Mulholland in all his emails (and supposedly living in Florida), now wants me to send the payment to someone named Derek Folens in London, England!

Here’s a screen shot of part of the invoice:

Yes, I altered the address and zip code. I may give this a$$hole’s complete address later, but for legal reasons I thought I’d keep it under wraps for a little while. At some point of course I should bring this to the attention of eBay or possibly some law enforcement organization who can hopefully cause this b*st*rd some grief. Sure, we’re just having some fun at the moment, but it’s important to remember that this prick is trying to steal people’s money.

Anyway, I’m not done stringing this scammer along just yet....
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
That's funny. It looks like they are falling for it. You should bring in the Po Po soon, so you can catch them.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the ones I got from the DeLorean scammers looked a bit more convincing. I always used M. McFly and E. Brown for the names, and I used an empty lot near DMC Houston as the address.

Next thing to do is either a) have him fill out fake forms, or b) send him fake WU reciept numbers. if you think he's REALLY desperate and won't quit, the fake forms are much more ammusing. Have him fill them out IN PEN, scan them, and send them as email attachments. If you're lucky he'll have to go out and buy a printer and/or scanner to do this. For example, being my address was in Florida, I downloaded a form from the Florida DMV and sent it to him to fill out after making a few changes to it in MS Paint. These also make great trophys.

Next thing would be to get fake Western Union reciept numbers, these are called MTCN numbers. "I sent the funds like you said, the MTCN is ______" Then he'll walk to the nearest WU, and they'll tell him the number is invalid. You can usually do this three times:

The first time, leave one number off the end.

next, a regular fake number

then say you mixed up the first two numbers 4239... becomes 2439...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Next thing to do is either a) have him fill out fake forms, or b) send him fake WU reciept numbers...

Heh heh, I suspect you have some experience doing this kind of stuff.

I think I understand option B (as I did a bit of research on the 'net about it), but what are these "fake forms" in option A that you're referring to (keeping in mind that it's not a car that's involved)? I'd love to be able to screw this cretin around as much as possible.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-10-2007).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Tell him Western Union just instituted new money transfer rules here in the US (he's probably in Nigeria, but where is his alter-ego from? You could say these rules apply only to 8 states or something) and make up a form in MS Word, with a Western Union logo at the top, some other legal-looking stuff, etc. and include a bunch of question for him to answer, like

Name: _____________________
Address:___________________
Will this money be used for any illegal activity? Y/N
Have you ever been convicted of a felony? Y/N
If yes to above, what crime? ___________________

etc.

After you finish the form is MS Word, print it out, scan it back into the computer (so it looks like you picked up the form from WU) and have him fill it out IN PEN, not typed, and send it back to you.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Tell him Western Union just instituted new money transfer rules here in the US (he's probably in Nigeria, but where is his alter-ego from?)

Hey, I'm in Canada!

How can I tell where this scammer actually lives. The name and address on the invoice was for someone in London England, but does that mean anything? Can a scammer from Nigeria pick the money up in Nigeria when a name and address in another country is used? I have absolutely no experience using Western Union, so I don't know how it works at all.

In the meantime, I'm interested in hearing an explanation from scammer #1 (who has been using the name Matthew Mulholland in all his emails) why the name Derek Folens is on the invoice. Should be interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew, I received the invoice and I'm very excited about completing this deal. I'm all set to go to the local Western Union to send the money, but I have one quick question. Who is Derek Folens and why is his name on the invoice? I just want to make sure you get the money and not some stranger we don't know. Please check into this and get back to me as soon as possible. I'm looking forward to taking videos with my new camcorder, surfing the internet on my new laptop, and wearing my beautiful new watch. Thanks so much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
You can tell where he is from the IP addresses in the headers of the email. Look for an IP trace in google, type in the IP, and it'll show where that IP is.

Being in London: There are three possibilities: 1) He actually is in London, 2) He has an accomplice in London, or 3) He's scamming someone in London, telling them to go pick up the money, and send it to him. Lonond is a big town, so it may not be possible to contact Derek Folens, but sometimes you can contact them annonymously and warn them of the scam.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
This is quite interesting and informative. I used This site to track the Originating-Ip from the Invoice email. That gave me enough information to check the database Here which in turn provided me with a name, address, phone number, etc. It turns out this particular email came from a scumbucket based in Romania, probably a friggen gypsy! (I suspect many gypsies have graduated from being pickpocket artists to internet scammers.)

I didn't have as much luck tracking the emails from the two scammers who contacted me originally. The Originating-Ip from scammer #1 (who was responsible for me eventually receiving the Invoice email) only seems to get me to Yahoo's location in Sunnyvale CA. Same problem with scammer #2 as his Originating-Ip only takes me to AOL headquarters in Manassas VA. Is it possible I'm using the wrong Originating-Ip for these two guys (as I do find the email headers somewhat confusing), or are they hidden "behind" Yahoo/AOL?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-11-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
It’s been a few days since I’ve posted in this thread, but that doesn’t mean nothing’s been going on!

I’ve been emailing back and forth with scammer #1 on a daily basis. I’ll report on those activities in my next post, but first I wanted to give you guys an opportunity to get involved.

Apparently scammer #2 had half a brain and realized I was onto him. He never responded or contacted me again when I asked him if he also had any gold jewelry to sell after I had "won big money at the dog fights over the weekend”.

Anyway, since scammer #2 won’t play along with ME anymore, here’s a chance for YOU to have some fun. The email address for scammer #2 is johngarrett33@aol.com and the entire email header from one of his emails is copied below (in case it might be helpful). There must be something that the smart cookies here at PFF can do to mess with this low-life scumbucket. Bonus points will be awarded to whomever can be the most creative and hopefully... the most punishing.

Give it your best shot! Make him sweat, cost him money, get him arrested, do whatever you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From email header:

X-Apparently-To: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com via 209.191.69.67; Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:13:57 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [205.188.157.36]
Return-Path: <johngarrett33@aol.com>
Authentication-Results: mta123.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=aol.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 205.188.157.36 (EHLO imo-d04.mx.aol.com) (205.188.157.36) by mta123.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:13:57 -0700
Received: from johngarrett33@aol.com by imo-d04.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v38_r9.2.) id r.bff.209da5ab (52317) for <xxxxxxx@yahoo.com>; Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:13:52 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from FWM-M03 (fwm-m03.webmail.aol.com [64.12.168.67]) by ciaaol-d01.mail.aol.com (v119.7) with ESMTP id MAILCIAAOLD017-cc5d46e4d28fe6; Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:13:51 -0400
To: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: eBay Second Chance Offer for item # 25016034xxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:13:51 -0400
X-MB-Message-Source: WebUI
In-Reply-To: <682795.51974.qm@web30313.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
X-MB-Message-Type: User
MIME-Version: 1.0
From: johngarrett33@aol.com Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--------MB_8C9C18082E78290_C04_29EA_FWM-M03.sysops.aol.com"
X-Mailer: AOL WebMail 30128
Received: from 172.173.167.168 by FWM-M03.sysops.aol.com (64.12.168.67) with HTTP (WebMailUI); Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:13:44 -0400
Message-Id: <8C9C18082E78290-C04-1489@FWM-M03.sysops.aol.com>
X-AOL-IP: 64.12.168.67
X-Spam-Flag: NO
Content-Length: 4658

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-14-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock