Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  hardline Hindus say NO to Valentines day !!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
hardline Hindus say NO to Valentines day !!! by Ken Wittlief
Started on: 02-13-2005 03:41 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: Raydar on 02-20-2005 12:28 AM
Ken Wittlief

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
burning cards

smashing shop window

breaking up parties....

[apu] Your parents will TELL you who you will marry. Love is not a part of our traditions! [/apu]

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050213/od_uk_nm/oukoe_india_valentines

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
Yup, and your friends will ask you not to buy pepsi(fake article or not) because they omit "under god", a term added to annoy the commies. point?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Even more outrageous, I hear Great Britian - supposedly our ally - isn't going to celebrate July 4th this year!!
\sarcasm
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Dang-I culda saved a bundle by converting.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
oooh.. guess I should kinda think about what to do for hallmark day.. crap
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Just another show of how religious people are trying to force it onto people that don't want it. Then justify destruction of private property, harassment and other abuse with culture and religion.

Pity.

------------------
85GT 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Even more outrageous, I hear Great Britian - supposedly our ally - isn't going to celebrate July 4th this year!!
\sarcasm

DeBeers sold the public (women) on the idea that diamonds are beautiful and rare.
They aren't.
Hallmark and Telaflora sold Valentines day to the public (women), with the idea that men are scum unless they pay inflated prices for flowers, etc. on this artificial "holiday."
McDonalds sold us on the idea that a Big Mac resembles a hamburger and we will love it.
The recording industry sold the idea that hip hop is music.
I buy flowers and other gifts when I feel like it.

I can smell bulls*** when I step in it.
I can (partially) agree with the Indians who have been bombarded with western advertising promoting mindless consumerism. We Americans in the USA have been victims of that for years!
BTW,
I bought a dozen roses for my sweetie LAST weekend, she took them to work and was the envy of the office all week.
Last night I gave her chocolate..
I got home @9 :30 this morning.

1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Just another show of how religious people are trying to force it onto people that don't want it. Then justify destruction of private property, harassment and other abuse with culture and religion.

Pity.

There is a difference between "Religious" people and true people of Christ you know. Either way they're (Hindus, etc) still going to Hell once they're dead, so you could hardly say they're religious.

Reject Religion, Accept Christ.

(I think the last line above, will become my signature for my forum websites.)

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985FieroGT:

There is a difference between "Religious" people and true people of Christ you know. Either way they're (Hindus, etc) still going to Hell once they're dead, so you could hardly say they're religious.

Thats very sad. Your god gave you a brain.
PLEASE
use it.
The Hindus believe just as strongly that YOU are going to hell.
meanwhile, here on the planet EARTH, people are shooting at each other..........

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 02-13-2005).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Just change it to "I love Jesus".. It's a good way to get a green bar on forums and/or become successful in politics.

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
V

------------------

1999 Ford Mustang, V6, 5 speed on the tree.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior :)

PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
some people just cant seem to handle religion. some can. maybe there should be a test?

something along the lines of
"do you believe it is justifiable to use violence to prevent other people from believing what they want?"

"yes"
HONK! sorry, no religion for you!

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 02-13-2005).]

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Well I evolved my signature a little more. V V V

------------------
"There's a difference between people who say they're "Religious," (i.e.: Hindus, Buddhists, Islamists, etc., etc.,) and the people who have Accepted Christ into their hearts, the prior will still burn in Hell along with Atheists, Agnostics, etc. Reject Religion, Accept Christ. Also please remember, just because you say your a "Christian" does not give you a golden pass into heaven. You gotta get down on your knees and ask for forgiveness, because either way once your dead, and your talking to Jesus face to face, the only thing you will hear from his mouth is the words "I did not know you, depart from me, you who works inequity." Then thats it, darkness, suffering, burning, no one to talk to, nor no one that you can hear, seperated from God for an eternity that unfortunately for your sake, does not end. That's why I have accepted Christ, and the aforementioned statement was the reason why Christ died for us."

-1985FieroGT

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Except now you're telling us that we're going to hell.. Thats not very christian like either.. Oh, the impasse you have created for yourself..

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

Except now you're telling us that we're going to hell.. Thats not very christian like either.. Oh, the impasse you have created for yourself..

What else should be said? Fire has to be fought with fire, and if its a slap in the face to some people so be it, but likewise 70 years of life, and then burning in Hell forever does not sound very "Nice."

So JohnnyK, and other Atheists, you know what has to be done, it's just a matter of faith and acceptance on your part. Another untold thing, you'll remember every chance you had to become saved, while burning, and during those periods that you had the chance, will be the only thing that you can remember.

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Whenever I need a pimple-faced 17 year old to guide me on the true path in life, I'll give you a call.

Seriously, I don't know what to say. I have no problem with you having found what works for you, but that signature is pathetic. That signature represents what the main problem in this world is-people knowing what's right for other people and "saving" themselves.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
the message is clear and simple. "believe as i do, or go to hell". nice. methinks we are confused about who is the "worker of iniquity".
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

What else should be said? Fire has to be fought with fire, and if its a slap in the face to some people so be it, but likewise 70 years of life, and then burning in Hell forever does not sound very "Nice."

So Johnny, and other Atheists, you know what has to be done, it's just a matter of faith and acceptance on your part. Another untold thing, you'll remember every chance you had to become saved, while burning, and during those periods that you had the chance, will be the only thing that you can remember.

Dude Your Gonna get BANNED so fast. Not because you don't agree, not because you are having a difference opinion. But because you are telling everyone that does not believe in your way of life is a BAD person. You can go take that cucumber out of your (insert 3 letter word pertaining to ones backside) now. Ok taking deep breath. I may go back and edit that once I have relaxed a bit.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
Date Registered: 09-17-2002
Total Posts: 2032
Current Email: pontiacfiero350sbc@tds.net
Homepage:
Interests: My Mustang, and Jesus Christ my savior

apparently he finds fieros uninteresting.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

the message is clear and simple. "believe as i do, or go to hell". nice. methinks we are confused about who is the "worker of iniquity".

Well, at least that's an upgrade from "believe as I do or I will kill you", which has been the norm for a few thousand years.

JazzMan

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2005 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Either way they're (Hindus, etc) still going to Hell once they're dead...

How dare you?!

Whatever happened to "not passing judgement"?!

I consider myself a Christian too (not that I feel the need to beat everyone over the head with it), but narrow minded people like yourself are what give the rest of us a bad name.
Talk about arrogance!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-14-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
edited so I wouldn't offend small minds yet again.
:-)
have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 02-14-2005).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

So JohnnyK, and other Atheists, you know what has to be done, it's just a matter of faith and acceptance on your part. Another untold thing, you'll remember every chance you had to become saved, while burning, and during those periods that you had the chance, will be the only thing that you can remember.

Truly as compassionate as Christ himself.. I think Raydar nailed it right on the head.

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

And the lord said,"FIRE MUST BE FOUGHT WITH FIRE, AND IF ITS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO SOME PEOPLE SO BE IT!!"

WAIT A MINUTE no he didnt he said...
"You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. --Matthew 5.38-41

All other religions say the same thing (In effect)
http://www.unification.net/ws/theme145.htm

If your gonna argue religion at least READ IT FIRST!
Have a good day now.

------------------
Failing to prepare - Is preparing to fail....

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Truly as compassionate as Christ himself.. I think Raydar nailed it right on the head.

This is where you and I differ.
I believe that God/Christ was and is compassionate (quite unlike our friend, here). I believe that God represents love and compassion. Not fire and brimstone and damnation.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2005 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Now do you understand what religion and playing the part of an intolorant god does to people? Imagine what the "good" Christians are doing all around the world.
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
SOooooooooooo Valentines day is a religious holiday now? I dont rememeber Jesus talking about it !?

I thought these 'tradiitional hindus' were upset because, in their culture, your parents choose your mate

and the idea of young people falling in love is frowned on? (we will tell you who your mate is when you are 18)

or do they have something against chocolate?!

[This message has been edited by Ken Wittlief (edited 02-14-2005).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Does "SAINT" Valentine ring any bells?

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2005 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Thats very sad. Your god gave you a brain.
PLEASE
use it.
The Hindus believe just as strongly that YOU are going to hell.

Umm. No they don't.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

This is where you and I differ.
I believe that God/Christ was and is compassionate (quite unlike our friend, here). I believe that God represents love and compassion. Not fire and brimstone and damnation.

Oh no, I was being sarcastic.. If I were to believe, it would definately be that god is forgiving. I can't believe that there is a truly all powerful big invisible man in the sky who loves you, but if you do one thing wrong you're going to hell. I believe that if threre is a god (we all know I don't, but if I were to), he'd let people into heaven based on what they did in life, not if they believed in him.. Seems a little narcisistic to be damning people for not believing in him, and narcissism kind of goes against god.

1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

Date Registered: 09-17-2002
Total Posts: 2032
Current Email: pontiacfiero350sbc@tds.net
Homepage:
Interests: My Mustang, and Jesus Christ my savior

apparently he finds fieros uninteresting.

I do now, but that wasn't the case when I first came onto this forum back in 2002. I have owned Five fiero's in the past, got sick of the junk, and got rid of them. Now I have a very reliable Mustang, that has given me no problems other than a new windshield, and new headlights. I usually hang out in O/T now. Also just because I don't have any fiero's right now, doesn't me I won't own another one. I do want another fiero, but it's gonna have to be a good one.

[This message has been edited by 1985FieroGT (edited 02-14-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Oh no, I was being sarcastic..

Ooops. Sorry. I shoulda known better. I hate working night shift.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

I do now, but that wasn't the case when I first came onto this forum back in 2002. I have owned Five fiero's in the past, got sick of the junk, and got rid of them. Now I have a very reliable Mustang, that has given me no problems other than a new windshield, and new headlights. I usually hang out in O/T now. Also just because I don't have any fiero's right now, doesn't me I won't own another one. I do want another fiero, but it's gonna have to be a good one.

So why don't you go hang out on the mustang forums, or did they kick your bible thumping butt out because they don't want your attitude either. You self righteous twit.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 02-14-2005).]

bigjoe25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigjoe25Send a Private Message to bigjoe25Direct Link to This Post
Trash can canidate of they year!

Besides, we all know that everyone will be turned into the true form of humanity, -wels-, and join God, -Dues- that has conrol of the Zohar and then we will go to the "path of Sepiroth" and return to the wavelenth.

Ok, stupid Xenogears/kablahblah moment over, this thread will be going to the trash-can faster than....a blow and turboed LS1 with nitrous and propane, in a fiero thats been striped! Of course the block can take it

*edit* blown and turboed...Me thinks its possible. exhaust gasses would add more air into the supercharger whichin turn to blows even more air into the engine...im speaking of a roots style blower with a TB on it such as a a 3800sc...Hurm, I have an idea and time, but no money. Damn. Wrong thread even.

[This message has been edited by bigjoe25 (edited 02-14-2005).]

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post

Either way they're (Hindus, etc) still going to Hell once they're dead...

Originally posted by Raydar:

How dare you?!

Whatever happened to "not passing judgement"?!

I consider myself a Christian too (not that I feel the need to beat everyone over the head with it), but narrow minded people like yourself are what give the rest of us a bad name.
Talk about arrogance!

1985FieroGT, this is what you can expect for standing up for what you believe in, for having the courage to say "I believe Im right and there are serious concequences for people who dont take this seriously

they will nail you to the wall for being so confident in your belief (arrogant?)

or they will nail you to a tree, or boil you in oil, how were 10 of the disciples put to death? they were all executed except John and Judas (who took his own life)

not to mention what was done to Stephan, and Paul, for boldly speaking the truth

and now you have people who dont believe in Christ telling YOU how a christian should act and behave

Jesus said "I do not come to bring peace, I come with a sword, and brother shall be turned against brother, and father against son..." the sword being the truth of Gods word, some would accept it, and some would reject it and turn against the believers

anyone who thinks they can be a Christain and also be a friend to the world, to be politically correct, is fooling no one. Not himself, not the world, and certainly not God.

Stand up for what you think is right, speak the truth boldly without mincing words, and some will stand with you

and some will hate you, and do their best to silence you

in any way they can

including trying to vote you off the forum by turning your rat-ings bar red

<= like mine :^)

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Believe in what you want, don't push it onto others, and if you feel you must must must, which you two obviously do, don't be so arrogant about it.. Things change, and that includes religion. 1985 hopes we go to hell for not believing, some of us hope that in his last breath, it clicks and goes "Crap, I was like that for nothing".. fade to black.
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
nobodys pushing anything on anyone. No one is threatening you with anything - no one is forcing you to conform or be cast out.

its ok for you and everyone else to talk about what you believe, whats important to you, but when a christian on this forum talks about their view of the world they get attacked, mocked, insulted, ridiculed....

Ive been here for years, seen it over and over.

and you are as guilty of it as anyone else. Why is it ok for YOU to mock people?

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
That's all great to say Ken, but I have to debate your last post a bit.

First, he's all of 18. This is the kid that was getting picked on at KFC not too long ago. I have NO idea why I was 18 once and know what its like to know eaxactly whats right in every situation. I have respect for people that are older than me sharing what they've learned from their mistakes, even if I don't listen. I don't need kids telling me. Ever.

Second, christians even on this forum can't agree and decide on what the absolute belief of god entails, so what makes you think that as a group you are that far ahead of hindus in the first place? Don't some christian denominations even feel that hell was something the catholics invented as part of their religion?

Third, the same thing you are getting mad at us "non-believers" in the group is the same thing we are mad about. You are fighting for the right to speak your minds about your lord and we are fighting back with the right to say what we want in response to it. So get off the high horse. You will get a lot more converts by speaking to them as people, rather than sub-standard sinners bent on a path of hell. Picture if you will, a telephoe sales call, "Hi, this is Joan on behalf of AT&T. If you don't buy long distance from us, you will spend eternity burning in hell. So do you make a lot of international calls?'

So basically, if you don't want to have the same heated debate, then let's just have a fun little OT section like any other goddamned forum on the internet.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Im not trying to convert or convince anyone of anything here

a thread about valentines day in India

and it turns into anti christain name calling?

I shook the dust off my feet and washed my hands of the whole lot of you a long time ago.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ken Wittlief:

Im not trying to convert or convince anyone of anything here

a thread about valentines day in India

and it turns into anti christain name calling?

I shook the dust off my feet and washed my hands of the whole lot of you a long time ago.

Yes it did turn into that, because once again we are all inferiors and going to 'hell'.. And no, it wasn't you who started it.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock