Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  US rust compared to UK rust..... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
US rust compared to UK rust..... by fierofetish
Started on: 12-10-2003 08:03 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: fierofetish on 02-06-2004 02:33 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
After a week or so doing other jobs for cashflow, I have started rebuilding the rear body panels..not much to see, but here are a couple of pics..
The inner panel in the rear upper corner is totally rotten, so replace that section..
and then the outer piece..
and also the top corner of the rear wing...
same for the other side..as was... ..
and as is now...
Just the lower inner trunk floor/wheel arches, and then strip the body of paint, leadfill any dings etc, and then ready for respray, new hood (ragtop), mechanical overhaul, and She is finished!!
By the way, the original owner has been and seen the car, and has paid off 1000 euros of the bill, because he has now decided he wants it!!!
fierofetish
IP: Logged
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
WOW....!
You are doing an amazing work, I wish I could fabricate stuff the way you do.
Are you a "fabricator" / bodyman or do you do something else for a living?
Keep up the good work and please keep us updated.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2004 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Hi 85LAMB,
I started off at University, studying Architecture and sculpture, amongst other things, and I have found that both subjects have helped me in designing and making panels etc.I love welding, and old sports cars, and so all these things come together in what I do.However, my main occupation is Musician,and of course I started playing guitar etc whilst at University.....So I have a lot to thank University for!! My real ambition would have been to rebuild very old Classics, where panels are no longer available, but there are not many opportunities for that line of work, and never had enough money to start out on my own.I would love to live in USA, and find all those old 50's and 60' Caddilacs etc, and rebuild them to new.!!But I guess I would find it hard to get a green card,etc., so I must go on as I am now.
regards
fierofetish
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock