Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  planes flew into the world trad center!!! (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
planes flew into the world trad center!!! by firstfiero
Started on: 09-11-2001 09:11 AM
Replies: 321
Last post by: Mach10 on 09-16-2001 06:09 PM
MsBeth

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post
Local news just reported a rumor that bin Laden is under house arrest ...not confirmed yet though.

MsBeth

Praying for everyone ....

(edited for lack of sleep-sorry)

[This message has been edited by MsBeth (edited 09-12-2001).]

IP: Logged
MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

MsBeth

1002 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Lastest news ... Empire State Building and Penn Station evacuated ... god will this ever stop.

MsBeth

Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:
Lastest news ... Empire State Building and Penn Station evacuated ... god will this ever stop.

MsBeth

why? precautions, another supposed bomb threat?

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm watching CNN, nothing about it yet.
Just gave the all clear at Empire State Bldg

------------------

no prisoners

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-12-2001).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69655 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Watching nightline:
US Navy still patrolling off both coasts. 2 carrier groups off East coast, guded missle destroyer screens in place. USS Stennis (carrier) battle group doing the same on the West coast. F-16's still patrolling skies in the Northeast along with Air Force AWACS. All military still on high alert, Fighter aircraft fueled and ready for scramble, nationwide. Friends in the USMC and Army report all annual leave on hold for forseeable future.

------------------

no prisoners

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
were talking about people who dont give a damn about anyone even themselves. If we didnt buy oil from them theyd still be riding around in a desert on camels. Arabs have such low respect for their women, its permitted for them to murder them. You call that civilized. Afghanistan has nothing of consequence in the whole country. Bomb the hell out of them till they produce Ben Ladin. Then go get goddamnSaddam. If we have to be the worlds police because everyother country is guttless so be it.
MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2001 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Urchin:
why? precautions, another supposed bomb threat?

Yes ... bomb threats ... ESB was a hoax - damn idiots!

MsBeth

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I have a few thoughts about all this stuff, just to share them...

I was discussing appropriate punishement with a "bleeding heart" earlier today. I imagined in detail the execution of bin Laden. (we know he's guilty for this, and alot of other stuff) My friend however didn't share my glee at these thoughts, and said she felt he should be punished, but not put to death. I thought about this, and I changed my mind, I agree with her. If we just kill him then his suffering is over in an instant. What we SHOULD do is prosecute him, and put his ass in the worst prison in the country, rooming him up with the biggest, ugliest, meanest butt-reamer in the joint. Then every day for the rest of his miserable life he can be passed around like a pack of cigarettes to every poo-packer in the place. Then we MIGHT be approaching appropriate punishment for this self righteous coward.

We should put Clinton in there with him. If he hadn't stripped our defense budget, and leaned out our intelligence agencies to the point of anorexia, we might have known about this ahead of time. In my opinion, he shares the responsibility. With any luck, maybe he was in the Trade Center tower when it was hit.

I love what john Glenn said yesterday,"...all this over a difference in religion. What must God think of that?"

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Taji-guy: lol

Eds: Check your mail.

I'll snag a picture of it. A Fine example of "Canadian Apathy." US-Flags at half-mast at certain buildings. "God Bless America" on signboards outside of shops. Don't listen to Eds. All of us are right behind you. Don't think that by decrying racist statements that we don't support you.

[This message has been edited by Mach10 (edited 09-13-2001).]

Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
I have a few thoughts about all this stuff, just to share them...

I was discussing appropriate punishement with a "bleeding heart" earlier today. I imagined in detail the execution of bin Laden. (we know he's guilty for this, and alot of other stuff) My friend however didn't share my glee at these thoughts, and said she felt he should be punished, but not put to death. I thought about this, and I changed my mind, I agree with her. If we just kill him then his suffering is over in an instant. What we SHOULD do is prosecute him, and put his ass in the worst prison in the country, rooming him up with the biggest, ugliest, meanest butt-reamer in the joint. Then every day for the rest of his miserable life he can be passed around like a pack of cigarettes to every poo-packer in the place. Then we MIGHT be approaching appropriate punishment for this self righteous coward.

Well, I doubt that sort of punishment would result how you hope/think it would. The fact is that most maximum security prisond have designated wings for "high risk" prisoners. Rapeists, pedafiles, snitches, etc. They are kept from the general population to help avoid such incidents. I guarentee he would be put in one of these wings. Even if he was put into the general population, considering inmates would have knowledge of who he was, he would likely be killed before any humilating acts could be inflicted upon him. Just my thoughts...

------------------

If you can read this, I'm parked.

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Taijiguy: I agree with you for the most part. I don't think he should be killed anymore. Beaten severely and often, yes, but not killed. I also don't want him in one of our prisons, were to damn nice to freaks like this. Put him in a MEXICAN prison. That'd teach the insolent fùck.

------------------
Suck this, Bin Laden:
AIM: KSSouter

PFF
System Bot
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
We could pay off the rest of the inmates in ciggies to keep him alive, but, er, uncomfortable...
Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post
Tonker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TonkerSend a Private Message to TonkerDirect Link to This Post
Did you guys see the footage made by the doctor at the WTC just after one of the Towers collapsed?

I just saw a report on the CBC news. You can't see very much, it's hazy with all the dust and debris. In the background you can hear some high-pitched sirens going off. Those are apparently part of a firefighter's equipment. When he becomes motionless the siren actives to let others know where he is. I had assumed that it was some funny car alarm or something. Every one of those alarms you hear in the background is a downed firefighter.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
If I could, I'd be out there helping the rescue teams dig.
Alas, I have no way to get there, and probably no usuable skills other than a reasonably strong back, basic F.A., and CPR.
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
I saw some footage early this morning of people falling or jumping out of the towers, that's something that I feel shouldn't be shown on public TV. Made me sick to my stomach.

I also just read something on the net about Iraqs happy response to these attacks, they feel that we are getting what we deserve.
Here's a quote from Yahoo News
IRAQ President Saddam Hussein said the attacks on the United States were the result of America's "evil policy," contending that the United States exports corruption and crime through its military forces and its movies. He suggested the attacks might have been carried out by Americans

Take care,
Jeff
85 GT

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been able to get on the internet after getting disconnected Tues night.

Phone lines here in Jersey have been a little overrun I think. "All circuits are busy" and other messages.

A few of my friends on the fire & rescue squads around here are in NY helping.

------------------

Did you get your car in my book yet????
http://www.animatedconcepts.com/fierobook.htm

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
As you can imagine call volume has been way above normal the last 2 days. A significant amount of dialup service in northern NJ is handled by facilities in Weehauken and in Manhattan.

In addition there was a fair amount of collateral damage to the telecom central office in the WTC plaza, Verizon lost a significant amount of service into 60 Hudson St., and WorldCom reportedly lost about 100 DS-3s into there as well, which translates into nearly 70,000 simultaneous phone calls. Several other facilities (25 Broadway is one) are either running on backup generators or have now exhausted their fuel and are maintaining service solely on battery power but a couple have now had grid power restored and I know of at least 1 other facility that is currently offline. The problems are exacerbated by the authorities preventing the telecom companies from dispatching techs into the area to assess and repair damage and the inability of fuel trucks to deliver diesel fuel to replenish the generators fuel supplies. Most generators have enough fuel to run 24-72 hours and can sustain operations solely on the DC battery plant for another 12-48 hrs.

There were also problems in maintaining the operation of some generators because of clogging due to all the airborne dust in the area. One of my friends describes Manhattan as smelling like a huge electrical fire.

There were rumors last evening that the building at 60 Hudson St was leaning and in danger of collapse but that rumor was debunked late last night. If that building in fact did collapse a significant amount of the network and telecom capacity between the US and Europe would go offline; most of you would be unable to access this forum. Grid power is now online at 60 Hudson and at 117 8th Avenue.

In addition, the amount of traffic carried on the voice and data network backbones (my employer owns and operates one of them, including one of the transatlantic cables) yesterday was staggering.

Bottom line is that you can expect to have more difficulty than usual in getting online dialup access the next few days.

Originally posted by Joe Torma:
I haven't been able to get on the internet after getting disconnected Tues night.

Phone lines here in Jersey have been a little overrun I think. "All circuits are busy" and other messages.

A few of my friends on the fire & rescue squads around here are in NY helping.

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Wow, thanks for the info.
I gave up after a couple of "all circuits busy" late Tues night and Wed morning....I figured lines were needed for more important calls.
Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2001 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
Not be abe to acess the forum!?! i couldnt imagine it!

------------------
Tyler Morgan, 1986 GT

Power Steering, Holley Scoop
Aim=FieroDriver1986

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
The reports coming in this morning are that the damage to Verizon's network is more serious than was thought even yesterday.

What we now understand is that the walls of the CO at 140 West St.were breached, the equipment is covered with debris, and the underground floors are flooded. This central office was adjacent to Building 7. One important note is this facility provides 20% of the phone lines to the NYSE. I know for certain that this facility is offline because some of our circuits terminate to Verizon there.

Broad St. is still experiencing power problems as well and it provides the other 80% of the capacity to the NYSE.

These 2 locations also service 3 million private lines.

This information isn't all confirmed, we won't know absolutely for sure exactly what was lost until Verizon files the required outage report with the FCC, but it's the best information Verizon has been able to provide for now. They are dealing with the death of some of their employees as well.

I will say this for Verizon. They are probably the most frustrating organization I have ever dealt with in many ways, even their own people curse their provisioning groups. However, they do posess a lot of people with really serious clue in their operations groups and anything that can be done will get done.

PFF
System Bot
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kasdan:
Not be abe to acess the forum!?! i couldnt imagine it!

Yeah, especially when you all were posting new/different/better information than the news...when I was stuck at work.

------------------

Did you get your car in my book yet????
http://www.animatedconcepts.com/fierobook.htm

btoth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btothSend a Private Message to btothDirect Link to This Post
I only read the first couple pages of this thread and was surprised to see that it so closely resembled the insane number of Instant Messanges I had going on while it was all happening. (Yes,I was actually awake before 9:00!!!) That was some scarey **** when it was all going on and still is... but after being glued to the TV for the last couple days now, I have found that I just have to leave it off or I'm going to go nuts. Too many rumors and false information on the TV.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Regarding not showing footage of people falling out of or jumping out of the windows: they SHOULD show that footage over and over to people who don't think we should go after the people responsible. We should show it over and over to people who start to lose the resolve to continue the pursuit of these people in the coming weeks.

This is the REALITY of what those people caused. It should make us sick to our stomachs. It should affect us. The effect should be to wake us up to the reality of how evil some people are and that they don't think like you and I and they can't be dealt with and reasoned with like you and I.

Then how about showing some of the humans burned head to toe? How about some of what remains of the people who crashed in Pennsylvania? Not for sensationalism like things are usually done in the media, but to burn in people's minds the REALITY of what these people caused.

Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post
Most recent story I have heard is of people going door to door collecting donations for the victims and their families. Unfortunately this was a scam. Between these types of scams, and the numerous race/religous assaults, it is rather discourageing. I suppose we just have to keep in mind those that are still doing good, helping others etc. It is unfortunate that people will try to take advantage of other's misfortunes just to make a few bucks. Frusterating.

------------------

If you can read this, I'm parked.

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
Wheeeeee; Bomb threat at the White House. Senate and the House of Reps was evacuated. Supposedly it isn't a drill and is a credible threat. This is one of the things that I hate the most, all of the friggin copycat attacks that will happen now.

Also a bomb threat at one of the airports. Don't remember what one. Good news though, some flights are back up and on their way. But it will still be 6 or 7 days b4 we are back on schedule.

------------------

Never pull your pants down in Cosco, the dang monkeys will getcha
AIM: KSSouter

Sootah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post

Sootah

2457 posts
Member since May 2001
White House bomb was just a scare. Somebody phoned in a threat and the dogs sniffed something suspicious. The bomb guys found nothing so the Senate and House are reconvening.

Peace out home dawgs
-Sootah

Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2001 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sootah:
White House bomb was just a scare. Somebody phoned in a threat and the dogs sniffed something suspicious. The bomb guys found nothing so the Senate and House are reconvening.

Peace out home dawgs
-[b]Sootah
[/B]

It's situations like this that pi$$ me off the most. These a-holes that feed off of tragedies like this, with nothing better to do. They geoff on it obviously, and the sad part is, there is little you can do about it. And of course there will be more.

JayUSA77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JayUSA77Send a Private Message to JayUSA77Direct Link to This Post
I dont know about you guys but is this not bullshit or what??? We should have been over there and attacked by now. The only reason not to is because of the fact that we want to know exactly who did it but come on, duh bin ladin. and even if he didnt hes still part of this hole big incident. I cant stand this, those people had nothing to do with it and they died. AhhHHHHHHhh im sorry guys i know this didnt help but i needed to get it out.
j
a prayer goes out tonight for all those effected by this.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Jay: You are expressing the same sentiment that many of us are feeling. Bin-Laden has been branded as a factor. The problem is that he's a slippery, slimey, cowardly bastard. He's tough to find even when No-one's actively after him. It's going to take a while to locate him and his resources. When he's found, I hope the last thing he and his buddies see is a size 35,045 US-Issue combat boot coming in from above.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
And if we do attack and it's not him, we have NO support throughout the world and they've won.
PFF
System Bot
Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post
Well, on the positive side.Apparently they have located another 10 survivors. All NYPD I believe.
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Johnny: Not really. Bin-Laden is not a popular guy in the international scene. He keeps getting kicked out of countries. If the US stomps him flat, no one will cry. Besides, the lunatic already has 5MILLION USD on his head anyway. There's lots of people gunning for his hide. It's worth more to them than it is to him.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
"And if we do attack and it's not him, we have NO support throughout the world and they've won."

You couldn't be more wrong. If we attack and it's not him, then oops. Too bad for whoever accidentally got it, and on to the next target. He won't have won. We just keep hunting. And keep hunting. And keep hunting. The more "innocent" people that are killed, we may lose some support. Yeah. So. Fine, it's not like we can't do it without them. We keep going with who is still with us.

Now I definitely have NO pleasure in accidentally killing innocent people, and have SOME remorse about it. Before, the U.S. had NO stomach for that. The recent attack has given the U.S. PLENTY of belly for it. The U.S. mood is now that we don't want to kill innocent people, but if we try our best and they accidentally get in the way, then we are sorry, but this is war.

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2001 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
the world is on our side...
http://killer.gaschamber.net/~tsk/thankyou/
EdsB52

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2001 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdsB52Send a Private Message to EdsB52Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by c m west:
many of you have regarded EdsB52 as being long-winded, well - id be in the fox-hole with him if we go to war, and will support anything he has to say

Back at ya bro. I would trust your judgment and ability to watch my back. We're on the same page with this war, as are 90% of Americans. I actually love the element of this situation that has prescribed both major parties to drop their partisan bickering. I think this kind of pride and brotherhood hasn't been felt since WWII, which is probably obvious, hence moot. I believe Chris is a young guy and definitely possesses the insight and foresight of guys much older.....maybe we'll fight together one day if this thing runs on long enough. I'm proud to have you as a fellow countryman.

EdsB52

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2001 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdsB52Send a Private Message to EdsB52Direct Link to This Post

EdsB52

850 posts
Member since Jul 2000

Originally posted by Nashco:
Long wind doesn't get you sh!t in a foxhole, except maybe get your ass whupped. I just wish Eds would get to the point and stop showing off his english skills. We get it, enough, just say what you mean and stop dancing around the subject sprinkling your grammatical goodies.

Bryce
88 GT

How have I been ambiguous about my feelings with this situation? To what dancing and sprinkling are you referring?

EdsB52

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2001 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdsB52Send a Private Message to EdsB52Direct Link to This Post

EdsB52

850 posts
Member since Jul 2000

Originally posted by maryjane:
Tonker, according to abcnews.com, "most if not all are Saudi or Egyptian" when referring to the nationalities of the terrorists that have been id'd. That is not to say that the respective gov'ts are involved, but at least some of their people were. Someone mentioned the hated word- Negotiate. Negotiations are for the losing side or for those that have lost the stomach for combat. Read that as Vichy French-Early wwII, USA-late Vietnam. Be in a foxhole with Ed or anyone else? Not me, that's a defensive tactic. I want to be on the OFFENSIVE. Besides, you can't dig a hole big enough for a B-52. You can say what you want about Ed's posts being long. He's tenacious and well read. If I had a point I wanted to argue and wasn't up to snuff on it myself, he's the guy I'd want arguing for me/with me. I see Canada is on the list as a NATO member. How long has it been since Canada had forces in a shooting war? Can't remember if they were in Gulf War or not.

Exactly, who are the innocent parties? Many Arab residents are dancing in the streets, and many of the terrorists are from countries that are our "allies." Thanks maryjane; I think it's obvious that you possess knowledge and experience in areas that are out of my reach, as well as out of the reach of many other people, so I may need to consult you at some time. Maybe now is a good time to post you know what?

I think Chris West meant "fox hole" as a metaphor, as well as literally as a general feeling of mutual support during these tough times. But I agree, the place to be is in a fighter-escort and watch the missiles launched from my B-52's into Afghanistan. The general Canadian consensus seems to be for us to eat this matter and the 5,000+ deaths. But I think it's only fair to state it's not unanimous and that Canada has some proud, respectable citizens that would die for their neighbor and expect the same in return. Let's not let a few bad apples (even if they represent the majority) represent the entirety.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2001 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
For now, I'm going to post this link, related to info for older guys that are interested in getting back into the military. Seems the rules change if the Pres declares war. (yes, I know, Congress is supposed to be the only branch to declare war,but I think that has been changing, starting with the Gulf of Tonkin resolution) http://www.popasmoke.com/cgi-bin/readyroom.pl?read=2692
Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2001 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Eds: You've got it all wrong. If you would read most of the posts made here BY Canadians, you would see that the sentiment is that the US must try to target those responsible. The outrage on this particular forum has mostly been directed to the flare of anti-muslim racist comments. I will not stand for racism, as will most of my fellow Canadians.

On the other hand, I do feel that a massive retaliatory strike *is* needed. The point must be made. Yes, innocent islamic citizens will die. This is unfortunate. This is, however, supposed to be a war. There are casualties. Discretion on the part of the military would be aiming those missiles on your B52 at an ammo dump or training camp, rather than a heavily populated residential neighborhood. That is what I am asking for.

The other sad part is that it looks like the Taliban is ruffling up it's feathers. Your soldiers will not have an easy time against the Taliban.
The Taliban's military force is largely made up by whoever can still hold a rifle. Our soldiers will running up against children, who barely have any notion as to what's going on, only that it's supposed to be the right thing to do; take as many US-Devils down with you

This is going to be a nasty war. I have no doubt that the US will prevail (Hey, better weapons, better training), but the casualties will be sickening.

I'm done. I'm just going to be at work discussing fashion and makeup

EDIT: review/revise wording

[This message has been edited by Mach10 (edited 09-16-2001).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay