420 by funguy
Started on: 05-28-2001 01:01 AM
Replies: 113
Last post by: fierohoho on 06-06-2001 10:42 AM
JSocha

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

schizophrenic is a disease cause by brain chemical in balance not pot or any other drug
there is no conection at all to drug use.
anti pot people will lie about anything to blame pot.
fact most schizo's never have done drugs.

Would you like to come and tell my brother that?

He became a schizophrenic after he started smoking pot, shortly after, is when he started to hear voices. Then he turned to other drugs to not only get high, but to stop the voices he now hears. Anytime he smokes it now or takes other drugs and stops, he is all screwed up and you do not want to be near him cause he will scare the sh*t out of you with his staring (cause all he sees is Van Gogh imagery) and laughing at you or will ask you "what did you say" all the time when no word is spoken. Or when he starts talking about that he is part of an elite group headed by Alice Cooper and that they will kill everyone
and rule the world. This is after he takes drugs and is thrown back in the hospital. When he is cleaned up, he is back to almost normal where you can talk logically to him.

Albiet, my family, mostly parents, probably knows more about schizophrenia then you ever will imagine or could possibly phantom cause we have had to deal with it with my brother for over 20+ years now with him and my parents learned everything they could about the disease.

Yes, I agree, chemical imbalance and it could hit anyone at any time including him drugs or not. But what do you think drugs do to the human chemical/endocrine system? It may have been possible that he may have had a few more years of sanity to enjoy life. Instead, drugs could have brought it to the surface more quickly.

------------------

IP: Logged
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
ray b: "schizophrenic is a disease cause by brain chemical in balance"

yes! and LSD is a chemical that alters the other chemicals in the brain, for some people, perminantly!

what makes you think you can flush whatever kind of homemade chemical soup you want through your brain, and your body will rebound all by itself and suffer no ill effects?!?!

the reason you dont hear about all the users that have fallen by the wayside is because they are not here to tell you - they are either in mental hospitals, or like my brother, so far out of it he doesnt even know what the internet is.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post

Ken Wittlief

8410 posts
Member since Apr 2001
for all you guys that think this is nonsense and bull - I aint your papa - you are responsible for your own actions, not me.

someone has waived an expensive red flag at you - you wanna ignore it and keep going - its on your head - Ive done my part and Im done with this thread.

funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post
Just to keep this in prospective, lets remember that we are talking about pot and only pot. If you where correct in your assessment of pot then everyone that smoked would be mentally ill, that is not the case, is it? As for insulting my intelligence, I'm not easily insulted and I see your point but I also see you as some one with a personal issue with drugs in general. I once again have a brother my self that you could say that he ruin his life with drugs. I think that was a secondary issue not the primary reason for his life turning out the way it did. I'm 34 years old; I'm the source of knowledge and resources for the company I work with, when it comes to computer software, hardware and network solutions. If my brain was gone I wouldn't be able to handle my job and I just got a perfect review. What I'm trying to say is that, lets not generalize the consequences of pot by a small minority of people that use it as an excuse for things that just happen, even you state that he was doing LSD or some other drugs and not just pot. As for pot been a gateway, it might be for some but not most or we would have a society where most of the members would be in some kind of hospital, jail or dead.

This post was more to have fun but if you like to get into the reality of drug use and its politics including cost to society we can do that. I hope I have not offended any one here and we can see that POT can be and is a good thing. Nothing in excess is good

KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post
DAMN.
Hmmmm...
Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, and Janis Joplin.
All had this in common:
Did a lot of drugs, died around the same time, and died around the same age.
And you don't think that drugs have anything to do with death?
It doesn't matter who you are, how tough you are, or anything...if you do a lot of drugs, you WILL die from it at some point.
I am not for or against drug use(frankly, I don't give a damn if people feel like killing they're selves), but saying that drug use has nothing to do with health issues and/or death is a very ignorant statement.
This is my opinion, and I doubt that anyone will change because of what I or anyone says.
Have a nice day .
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

As for pot been a gateway, it might be for some but not most or we would have a society where most of the members would be in some kind of hospital, jail or dead.

This post was more to have fun but if you like to get into the reality of drug use and its politics including cost to society we can do that. I hope I have not offended any one here and we can see that POT can be and is a good thing. Nothing in excess is good

As Ken said, including his brother as well as mine, in mental institutions due to drugs along with many others. I still recall one gal, when I was a kid visiting my brother, that is all she did as far as drugs was pot and was in the hospital now for mental problems. You can in "general" tell when they use because they typically end their statements (or start them or state it part way for that matter) with the phrase "...you know?".

I'm 33 now and have had to go to hospitals, mental institutions, boys ranches, prison, etc. since I was 6 years old just to visit my brothers or for "Family Day" and all the meetings. Funny thing is, as far as I can remember back, many of those people who smoked pot (as well as other drugs) and got into trouble or went into all these places think exactly how some of you do. They, all with mental problems from this harmless little "doobage". Hospital covered...take some time and visit sometime personally and go into some of the groups/family groups just to listen.

Well, other brother has been in and out of jail serveral times. High on pot when he committed his first armed robbery in Minot, ND back in the late '70's. Escaped and captured cause he was high on pot when he answered the door to the house he was hiding out in. High on pot when he ran, actaully was pushing a motor cycle down the street in Grand Junction, CO with the keys in the ignition from a motor cycle shop he just broke into. Went to college at UND and went zipping down University Avenue at 100+ MPH, again stoned. Arrested for having pot with intent to sell. Just waiting for him to get caught again or do something stupid, especially now that he has three kids of his own.

Jail is covered...this is not including many of my classmates who are now in jail and/or hospitals.

I've had several friends, under classmates, classmates, college friends, aquantances, etc., who, if you would like to come visit me, I'll be more then happy to take you to their grave sites and then to their parents to tell you their stories on what happened, all with pot involved.

One of my friends, who was in perfect health, got stoned regularly off of pot since we were in high school (autopsy and coronor said that was the only drug they had found in his system, no alcohol and/or other drugs) and was found dead only a few feet from his car, in his parents garage, car and house keys in his hands with the house key ready to go into the lock.

He just died while heading for the door from the car in their garage. The police report said it looked like he had just collapsed where he was standing, like he had suddenly fainted. Overdose? Bad pot? Intollerance? Or the drug itself.

Hey, its your choice in life as well as your life, whether you want to be smart and/or stupid. I can only relate what I know growing up. 34 huh? Still need to see the real world and the global affects of drugs IMO.

------------------

PS I'm writing most of these posts from work, so sorry if it vague or ambigouse in nature or areas as I hurry to type this, flip back and fourth between screens and read other posts. Not because I'm stoned or anything, because I am not! Never have been except for being fed drugs without my knowledge...

[This message has been edited by JSocha (edited 05-29-2001).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
sorry bout your bro's guys but schoz's strike at about age 20 and is gentic inherented not ever caused by any drug use or other cause.
problem is that uninformed people blame drugs for things that drugs don't do.
acid [lsd] can set off schoz's but the madness was there first, never caused by the drug in a normal person, only in people with inherented diseaze allready there and soon to come out anyway.
my sister inlaw had it and so does hers son
so i know the pain it caused but allso know that drugs didn't cause the mential illness
it is fate and genes.
ps./ junk killed janius, jim was heart atack,
jimmi choked on pills [barb's] none of pot use as no one ever died of pot use ever.but keep up the lies every one againts pot does as truth wount help in war on weed. pot is not all drugs learn the diff and stop the lies,,,but then no ammmo to use is there???

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 05-29-2001).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2001 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Mixed feelings here, now. While I don't want to come accross advocating the usage of any drug, especially to young and impressionable minds, I take some issue with the whole cause/effect thing. I, too, had a brother who was a heavy user and battled mental illness. He finally lost his battle October 29, 1992, just 2 weeks after his 28th birthday. Do I feel that his usage caused his mental illness? Absolutely and definitively not. I believe it was his instability and illness that predispositioned his reliance on drugs and alcohol.

I thnk if you are like funguy, a mature responsible adult capable of making decisions that only affect youself, then why should you not be allowed to make that decision. What you should look at, is what you are trying to "fix" with your drug usage. Does that problem actually solve itself when you get high? Or are you just masking it?

As far as the unfortunate guy why died "wih only marijuana" in hisbloodstream, I am highly skeptical that being stoned was the cause of death, or even a contributing factor. Totally healthy people drop dead now and then with absolutely no toxins in their system. Heart attacks, strokes, and aneurysms do happen to young, apparently healthy people. If someone could OD from THC, it probably would have happened to me or someone I knew. We blazed a LOT of herbs in the day.

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is genetic. Many of my relatives have gotten it as well and have been instutionalized. Many of them never took drugs, yet they can still function.

The question is then, how do we know for 100% certainty that Ken's brother, my brother or somebody elses friend or family member who smoked pot (or took other drugs) would have led perfectly normal and/or better lives had they not taken the drug. But also, how do we know for 100% certainty that the drugs themselves did not "activate" or "trigger" the genetic flaw and bring it to light more quickly if at all?

What I am trying to say is in the end, it inest can become like playing a game of "Russian Roulette". Except you are not using a gun, you are using drugs as the game piece.

We can't tell you what to do, anymore then you can tell me or somebody else what to do. It boils down to choice. This is your choice in life. I just get "personally" upset when somebody justifies drug use, or in this case "pot". I've seen alot of family, friends and/or aquintances go by the way side over the many short years I have lived. In all cases, its a sad sight to see.

Today, you could be perfectly healthy while smoking pot...but what's to say tomorrow your life as you know it is over and something you had in your DNA, defective "genetically", suddenly had the trigger pulled.

I don't know if you are married and/or have kids. However, if you do/did, would you hand a joint to your teenage kid and say "here you go, enjoy one with me."? How comfortable would you feel doing that?

I mean, you had changed your name here: "I did change my name I'm a long time member and I don't want to loose the respect of the forum simply because I smoke weed,"

------------------

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
As much as I hate pot, it does NOT have anything to do with schizophrenia, and neither would it being laced (as it is a very small trace amount). Now methamphetamine on the other hand, CAN lead to some brain disorders. Acid CAN but it takes a lot of it, and a serious mental trauma to cause it. I assume that (no offense), your brother was doing a lot stronger drugs than pot and acid. I have taken a lot of methamphetamine in my younger days, and I am NOT schizphrenic. You ARE born with the basic chemical imbalance.
funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post
It is amazing for me to see how single minded some people can be, it's like some people that think that all Fiero’s are fire traps, have some Fiero's cached on fire? Yes I was an owner of one 84 that did catch on fire, but I don't generalize all Fiero's because those experience. I think that we can all see more than one side of this argument and if we can't see that, it tell's me that there is something deeper that you have a problem with. I think that having a person that has a problem with drugs at 17 and putting them on the own in an apartment its not such a good idea but you don't see me suggesting that as the root cause of your brothers problems. If you can't see that most people that smoke pot are normal contributing members of society then that is an issue you have to deal with because you don't want to see the truth. If you feel better blaming a drug like pot for the problems of your family, great but don't push the same lie to the rest of us.

I don't know what else to say other than I will keep living my life to the max and if smoking a little is involved so be it. I feel great and hope that all the lost souls on this earth find peace. I don't need weed I just like it. Funny is that when I was a Marine my roommate asked me if I had an alcohol problem and I told him that I didn't have a problem and that I would quit drinking as a bet......well 3 years later I took my first drink and it was great, I got buss out of the first drink and now drink on rare occasions because I don't like the taste so much now. But you would probably say that I was an alcoholic. There is such a thing as liking something; it doesn't have to be an addiction or dependence.

Enjoy life

PS I'm also at work

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
It all depends upon the individual. Some people get high twice a year. Or twice a week. Or whatever. And just walk away whenever they want. No problem.
There are also some people that just have to be high. Usta know one of those guys. Was a good friend in high school. Unfortunately, a few years ago he got ahold of a dirty needle and died for his addiction. I'll spare you the details.
In this, like just about any other area of discussion, you can make blanket statements. Unfortunately, those blanket statements usually do NOT apply to the majority.
I believe that most anything, used in moderation, is not harmful. Too much of anything can be lethal. Too much water or oxygen will kill you.
The key word here is moderation. Once something becomes an addiction, moderation goes out the door.
Is pot addictive? Probably not for most people. My friend was a sad exception.
Is it harmful? Probably not in moderation.
I believe it is less harmful to society than alcohol, primarily because it is less addictive.
I made a joke in a previous post, but I'd much rather ride with a really stoned driver than even a moderately drunk driver.

------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

88 black Formula
88 Duke coupe
88 "wadded up" Formula (parts car)

KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
sorry bout your bro's guys but schoz's strike at about age 20 and is gentic inherented not ever caused by any drug use or other cause.
problem is that uninformed people blame drugs for things that drugs don't do.
acid [lsd] can set off schoz's but the madness was there first, never caused by the drug in a normal person, only in people with inherented diseaze allready there and soon to come out anyway.
my sister inlaw had it and so does hers son
so i know the pain it caused but allso know that drugs didn't cause the mential illness
it is fate and genes.
ps./ junk killed janius, jim was heart atack,
jimmi choked on pills [barb's] none of pot use as no one ever died of pot use ever.but keep up the lies every one againts pot does as truth wount help in war on weed. pot is not all drugs learn the diff and stop the lies,,,but then no ammmo to use is there???

Like I said ray b, DRUGS(not pot)killed them.
Yes, Morrison died from a heart failier, but I believe that drugs played a huge roll in it. Not once in my post did I say that pot killed anyone. Maybe you should get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off like a total jack ass!
BTW, you should work on your grammer buddy, you type like a little kid.

[This message has been edited by KnightRyder31 (edited 05-29-2001).]

funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by funguy:
Just out of curiosity, how many here light up a good bowl or a joint from time to time?

I'm just curious, I like to smoke and like to know if there are any (Pot)smokers here...........

PS please let me know if I'm out of line here Cliff Pennock.

Please lets keep perspective on how this all started....

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how well this topic would have gone over with people here if I had started one, lets say with the title, "Who's your favorite **** star/actress (and for the ladies, actor)?"

How do you feel people would have responded to a topic like that here on a public forum?

As far as this thread goes, I sincerely hope that this is my last post regarding the topic of "pot".

------------------

funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JSocha:
I wonder how well this topic would have gone over with people here if I had started one, lets say with the title, "Who's your favorite **** star/actress (and for the ladies, actor)?"

How do you feel people would have responded to a topic like that here on a public forum?

As far as this thread goes, I sincerely hope that this is my last post regarding the topic of "pot".

I took your sugestion and here is the url
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/002153.html

By the way, I'm single and have no children. If I had children I wouldn't smoke and no I would not offer to share with him or her, like I would not offer a drink to my child if I had one.

Later

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2001 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
ken i just saw your baseball bat riff
so the laws as of now are like they would ban baseball as an answer to assult with a bat not just for the jerk with the bat but nation wide for every one. and that not an answer it would be a disasster
ps the drug that jim m did the most was beer
------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 05-30-2001).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
You know, no matter how "strange" Ray's grammar and way of typing are, he makes the most sense out of most people here.
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Funguy -

your casual usage of weed has left you so clear headed?! - you seem to have forgotten that ALL employers have the right and the ability to monitor internet and email usage at work

and you are making public statements that you are a habitual illegal drug user

dont be surprized when your boss walks up behind you one sunny morning with a plastic cup and escorts you to the mens room

if you are so sure of your facts and you think drugs are so great, be a man, put your real name and address on here like mine is

stand up for what you believe in

march into your bosses office and tell them if they have a no-tolerance drug use policy then you refuse to work for them

give your kids all the weed they want, what does age have to do with it?! its either good for you or its not - In europe they let kids drink wine - your arguments are foolishness

and as far as a large percentage of people being in jail or mental hospitals because of drug usage - what country do you live in? In the USA something like 15% to 20% of African American males have a run in with the law, and are either in jail or on parole by the time they are 20 - one out of 5! that is a national disaster! Most are drug related.

Your assertions that you will do weed but nothing else seems to be some kind of badge of honor to you - you dont realize how stupid that sounds - the function and purpose of illegal drug use is to alter your state of conscienceness, to change your mental state and level of awareness.

If you are taking drugs you are taking drugs - it doesnt matter if its weed or alcohol, or sterno or acid or cyanide - it all has the same purpose to you - the only difference is the level and intensity. The fact that you only do weed only means in the world of drug users you are a WOOSE!

You started this thread with your open declaration that drug use if okay in your eyes. Anytime you make such a public statement EXPECT those of us who KNOW the truth to stand up and cram reality in your face.

I have seen drugs destroy young peoples lives - you want to put your head in the sand and say those people were already doomed before they started taking drugs then that is your mistake in judgment.

I do have a wife and children. If anyone ever came around my family promoting your 'drugs are ok' philosophy - I would perform the baseball bat demonstration on them right on the spot.

My brother was not pushed in his own apartment when he was 17 as a matter of convience for my mom. It was after he was arrested and kicked the back windows out of a police crusier, and subdued by the cops, it was after he thought drug use had destroyed his mind and tried to hang himself and spent a month in a drug rehabilitation center, it was after he started doing harder drugs, it was after he invited his 'friends' to my moms house and they ramsacked her bedroom and stole all her jewelery, and after the police told my heartbroken mother, "There is nothing you can do for this kid, you have to cut him loose".

You sit there and promote drug usage when you have no idea what you are talking about. I've been through it - Ive seen what it does to people - its like a form of self induced insanity - you cant reason someone out of it - you cant tell them - you cant physically restrain them or stop them - its like gravity - once they go over the edge of the cliff it takes over - even though they are still alive and havent hit the ground yet its too late - you cant reach out and pull them back and save them.

Drugs ARE a lie - I suspect you are the one that is self medicating to get over that fact that you hate your job, hate your life or hate yourself.

or the other possibility is that you are peddling the stuff yourself and you see this forum as a means to promote your trade. You say you are a SW programmer, but since you are hiding behind a fake name, we dont know anything about you - everything you type here could be a lie.

Your name is a lie, you are hiding your address, you are lieing about your drug habit to your employer, your neighbors, probally to your parents and family, the government - you are living the lie.

If Cliff wont answer the question, then I will - you are out of line - this forum is here to promote interest in the ownership and restoration of a sports car - there are teenage kids and other young impressionable people on this forum - your promotion and glorification of illegal drug usage is OUT OF LINE. As would the promotion of any other illegal activity - in fac the promotion or advocation of illegal drug use may be against the policies of the host server of this forum - and may jepordise this forums existance.

Apparently you dont realize either that even with your fake name that your posts can easily be traced by any law enforcement agency right to your computer, at home, at work, wherever it is.

You can sit there and spew out your weed logic all you want - the truth is, you are wrong - illegal drugs dont contribute to the quality of life - they destroy it.

[This message has been edited by Ken Wittlief (edited 05-30-2001).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2001 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Damn, buzzkill dude...
buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
I dont think cliff really minds this topic as it is legal in his neck of the woods. I think its still illegal because the goverment hasen't figured out how to tax something they have no control over.
PFF
System Bot
funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post
Ken Wittlief

There must have been some serious issues in your family, there is so much anger in you. Look the way I see it is that your brothers issues are self inflicted and if your family wants to feel guilt from there actions or in actions that's your problem not mine. As for letting everyone know what I do in the privacy of my home, you must be kidding, I take that would be your way of telling a joke. As for promoting weed, it doesn't need promotion. When was the last time you saw a TV spot for JackDaniels or Bacardi Rum, you wont because it is illegal to advertise on TV but that doesn't stop anyone from drinking the hard stuff.

As for this statement of yours:

"If you are taking drugs you are taking drugs - it doesn't matter if its weed or alcohol, or sterno or acid or cyanide - it all has the same purpose to you - the only difference is the level and intensity. The fact that you only do weed only means in the world of drug users you are a WOOSE!"

You crack me up LOL LOL.

Drugs like Guns, don't kill people, people kill people and sometimes themselves.

You sound like you could use Prozac.

By the way I'm not a SW programmer, I'm the network admin and I monitor the network and e-mail I don't think I will turn myself in. LoL

If you like the idea of Police monitoring public forums and conducting arrest over weed discussions, I find you sick and un American. That is the main reason why there are many people in jail for drugs, it is not that they did something criminal while they where high, they mostly got busted for possession to distribution to conspiracy to sell. And now the users of medical marijuana will join the group in jail.

Sad to say, you are very closed minded you are a small guy that likes to get things your way and you opinion is the only one that counts regardless of validity, I don't feel sorry for you, but I can see that you have some serious issues in your life. If you want to reply that is your RIGHT, but I will no longer entertain your garbage...

Later

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Once again, I will open up my poste with "I am anti-weed", but Ken, you have some SERIOUS mental/anger problems.
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
Well I don't know if I actually have anything relevant to say on this topic, but anyway: I did used to do drugs, not saying what, or how often, but I was smart enough to realize what I was doing wasn't healthy, and I stopped before it could do any real damage.
But I dated a guy for over a year, that dumped me for weed...He was addicted (don't say people cant be addicted, he was) and it was hurting our relationship, and I wanted him to stop, he chose weed over me. But of course, that's fine, I've moved on to smarter and more mentally stable people since (sort of).
I know a lot of people that aren't hurting anyone doing drugs, except maybe themselves in the long run, but I also know people that have been hospitalized, wrecked cars, and hurt other people by their drug use. But to each his own.
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
funguy

your attempt to derail the topic of discussion by turning away from the fact that drugs usage destroys peoples lives, and instead attacking me personally, telling me there must be problems with my family, my anger, my mental state, or my intelligence is the classic argument technique of someone who is wrong, knows he his wrong, has nothing to say to back up his postion, so he instead makes personal attacks against the other person.

You know nothing about me. Your attempts to discredit what I have personally witnessed and have testified to here by writing me off as a mentally confused angry fool do not change the facts.

Anger is the PROPER response when someone like you opens his mouth in a public forum and starts spewing his 'drugs are ok BS and lies' - just as if you were publically advocating child abuse, rape, pillaging, murder or any other socally unacceptable manner of conduct.

Why is it you hide in your little home and do your drugs in secret, and you said you wouldnt give drugs to your own childern, but you have the arrogance to come on a public forum, where children and teenagers are present, and promote your self destructive habits here?!

You dont know who is reading this. You dont know what young kid might be going through a rough time, having a struggle at school, having family problems, social problems, or even mental problems, and will see your promotion of drug usage and think, "yeah, thats what i need, something to take the edge off, a cool way to relax after school".

You are totally irresponsible and cowardly. You wont stand up in your personal life, or even on this forum, and accept the conscquences for your illegal activities. But you sit here and give it a blanket approvail to anyone that reads this forum.

And please dont come back and say, its ok for adults but kids shouldnt blah blah blah - cause kids know thats BS. Its either ok and good for everyone, or its not.

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Alcohol abuse has most likely ruined (or ended) more lives than all 'illegal' drug use combined. We tried making alcohol illegal and got Al Capone for our efforts. A lot of drug related crime is caused by the fact that the drug is illegal, not by the drug itself. I think it's time to try regulation rather than prohibition for the less dangerous drugs, like marijuana.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Ken W.
Do you ever drink alcoholic beverages? Coffee? Ever smoke cigarettes?

Raydar

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Ken W.
Do you ever drink alcoholic beverages? Coffee? Ever smoke cigarettes?

Raydar

HELLO! McFly! Are you in there?!

what I do or dont do has no effect on the fact that drugs ruin peoples lives. Attacking me personally or discussing my strengths and weaknesses has no bearing on the conversation.

You have heard from several people on this thread now that have seen drugs ruin peoples lives, people using their regular forum names with their addresses present who are not trying to hide or deceive.

so lets here from the other side. Lets hear all the personal accounts of people you know who tied to get into MIT and couldnt, then they started doing weed and there grades got better and their loved ones treated them with more respect and admiration.

Lets hear from the people that were struggling in their work and started smoking weed, and now they have their own corportations and are heads of industry and business (heads! thats, I say, thats a joke son!)

dont spew back the cancer victim goop, lets hear about the all the millions of people in everyday life who 'found weed' and it turned their lives around for the better.

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately Ken, these guys have their minds made up about using drugs. Maybe because they've already taken them and not experienced any short term negative effects so they see nothing wrong. Maybe they percieve drugs as being ok just to justify their own actions as being right although illegal.

Personally, I know too many people who've messed up relationships and their own lives by using drugs. Maybe those people had "underlying" problems, and the use of drugs brought them out, who knows, who cares, it just sounds like a poor excuse to me.

ray b, I've heard those facts so many times and have yet to see any proof.

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 05-30-2001).]

DRH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the point is alcohol and tobacco are both legal and have probably ruined more lives than any illegal drug (not sure where coffee fits in). Why make one thing illegal because it ruins lives while other things that are probably worse are considered legal?

You'd probably be surprised how many intrepeneurs and business leaders have a 'little' coke problem...

Gotta agree about pot though. That stuff definitely doesn't inspire initiative.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Ok, two things here.

First, soft-drugs are legalized here in the Netherlands. Which, in my opinion, is just about the most stupid thing the dutch government has ever done. You can buy soft-drugs literally on every street corner here. Hell, I live within 100 feet of a place that sells soft-drugs legally. These softdrugs are costing me at least $1000 per year. Not because I'm a user, but because those f------ junks have broken into my car 12 times in 2 years time, and last year they threw a brick through my gf's shop's window downstairs to get some goods to sell so they can buy their joints.

Right, now I've got that of my chest let me try to explain what my problems are with this thread and the "favorite ****-star" thread.

Most of you know me good enough by now that I don't close or delete threads all that often. Why? Because I've stated from the beginning that I leave it up to the users' responsibility and good judgement what to post.

But there's one thing that most people seem to overlook. Threads like these are causing the forum to be dropped by search-engines, or worse, being completely filtered out. Their bots are following all links and as soon as they encounter words like "drugs" and "****" more than just a few times, the site drops in ranking tremendously. For instance, up until a week ago if you went to Altavista and searched for "fiero" and nothing else, my site was the first to be listed. Right now it's down on page 4 or 5 or so. Is this related to these threads? I really don't know, but it wouldn't suprise me a bit. I know for sure the forum is being filtered by some sites because of threads like these.

Anyway, I understand that some people feel a need to discuss stuff like this and I'm not willing (yet) to stop those people from doing so. But next time, before you start a thread like this, please realize what it is doing to the forum.

PFF
System Bot
Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
In spite of the fact that most of the posts on this thread have pointed out the recreational use of drugs turns out to have a negative effect on the users life,

and therefore this thread as a whole makes a strong anti-drug use statement, I think that this or any thread that causes us to be trashed by the search engines should be deleted.

Our primary purpose here is related to our interests in fieros. If anyone wants to publically discuss other issues there are plenty of places on the web to do that.

Our first priority here is to maitain the best Fiero site on the web - delete any threads that detract from that, or that drop us lower in the search engine priorities.

just my $0.02

funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post
Hello Cliff

I'm the forum member that started the 420 and the **** post.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/002140.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/002153.html

I was not aware of the ramifications of the post as you stated and I request for these threads to be deleted.

I will keep this in mind in the future.

Thank you

funguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for funguySend a Private Message to funguyDirect Link to This Post

funguy

16 posts
Member since May 2001
Ken Wittlief

"Our primary purpose here is related to our interests in fieros. If anyone wants to publicly discuss other issues there are plenty of places on the web to do that."

In case you where not aware, this is the "Totally O/T" section of the forum. I didn't post this at the general or technical or for that matter the mall. You had to look for something "Out Of Topic"=not Fiero related, to view my post. All the same I think it should be deleted for the reasons above.

Thank you and good bye

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I used to smoke weed about 3 or 4 times a week. Never affected me in any way. Thought it was much better then drinking. It's not as addictive as drinking or smoking! I think it will be legal in the us in the next 10 years. If you follow the news you'll find out that all the crap about weed being a gateway drug and highly addictive is now being proven as propaganda to scare people off. Again I don't smoke but an adult should be alowed to do what he wants. I as an adult am aloud to drink my self into a stuper but smoke a joint and off to jail with ya. It's idiotic. jost my op.

------------------
Hey Mr. Ricer come over here and tell me how your stickers make you faster.....

KnightRyder31

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightRyder31Send a Private Message to KnightRyder31Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
ken i just saw your baseball bat riff
so the laws as of now are like they would ban baseball as an answer to assult with a bat not just for the jerk with the bat but nation wide for every one. and that not an answer it would be a disasster
ps the drug that jim m did the most was beer

Jim took in more Whiskey than beer.

DJRice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2001 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
The legalization of said controlled substance would lead to a significant increase in sales of Funions and Twinkies from conveinence stores nationwide.

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2001 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I've got it! The perfect topic to get LOTS of responses!
"God smokes doobs and watches nasty videos while he cleans his handguns." By FieroTiffany.
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2001 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
I was just thinking, he asked a simple question, he wanted to know if anyone liked to smoke pot sometimes. He wasnt asking everyone from there opinion on why not to smoke, what weed can lead to... he just wanted to know if anyone else on this Forum smoked... ehh i got to get off before school calls wondering where i am l8r
Kyle
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2001 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Cliff -

Interesting thread... but if it's killing your ratings, I'd vote to boot it.

It may be the Off-Topic section, but first and foremost, this is a Fiero site, and so we need to make sure the search engines find us for the Fiero info.

I like the OT discussions a lot, but not when they cost us traffic. Thanks for the insight on the search engine rankings - I had no idea they did that! Wow!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock