Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!??? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!??? by 87ECO5
Started on: 03-01-2000 03:49 PM
Replies: 84
Last post by: Patrick on 03-09-2000 01:33 PM
stsmithgt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
I agree with 2M4 Dale to enforce law presently available and those polititions need to GET OFF that anti-gun bandwagon. I got my first BB gun when I was Four years old. I now have a Colt .45, model 41 S&W .22 and my enjoyable SKS russian rifle. Funny thing, I've never killed anybody with them. Training, repected for the law, and that stuff called "common sense" kind of keeps things in check. I tend to have a hot temper, but it wouldn't lead me to shooting someone. Guys at work say I'll be the first to be shot if they go on a shooting spree because they know I'd shoot back if I had the chance. If someone else came in shooting that we didn't know, they would be hoping I was armed at that time. Nobody wants to be a victom. There are plenty of gun laws that people don't even know about because they don't get used. Some excuses are it costs to much to prosicute the criminal so they charge him with a lesser crime to avoid an expensive court battle. THIS SUCKS! especially if the criminal has a past record. This isn't baseball. Three strikes can let deadly criminals on the street that shouldn't be there.
IP: Logged
kel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kelSend a Private Message to kelDirect Link to This Post
On Thursday, May 27,1999, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee.

The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good and evil in the heart of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence.

The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villan was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

In the days that followed Columbine tradgedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent the NRA-I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed that they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves.

I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best. This was written way before I knew I would be speaking here today.

"Your laws ignore our deepest needs
Your words are empty air
You've stripped away our heritage
You've outlawed simple prayer
Now gunshots fill our classrooms
And precious children die
You seek for answers everywhere
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws
Through legislative creed
And yet you fail to understand
That God is what we need!"

Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, soul and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our Make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc.

Spiritual influences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.

What happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in doing so, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs- politicians immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties.

We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

Political posturing and restrictive legislation are not the answers. The young people of our nation hold the key. There is a spiritual awakening taking place that will not be squelched! We do not need more religion. We do not need more gaudy television evangelists spewing out verbal religious garbage. We do not need more million dollar church buildings being built while people with basic needs are being ignored.

We do need a change of heart and a humble acknowledgment that this nation was founded on the principle of simple trust in God.

As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes- He did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right!

I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on April 20,1999, at Columbine High School- prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millenium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.

To those of you who point your finger at the NRA- I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain. The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

[This message has been edited by kel (edited 03-03-2000).]

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
One word for your post Kel, AMEN!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Was the 2nd Ammendment the one that said something about having the right to arm bears or something?
kel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kelSend a Private Message to kelDirect Link to This Post
There's a time for jokes and then there isn't.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Which is this?

There's room for humor in everything. Did you know that in some cultures, they throw a party at a funeral? I realize that this is a very serious topic, but sometimes things can get too serious. Take a break for a minute.

(I hate defending myself.)

kel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kelSend a Private Message to kelDirect Link to This Post
I guess I have trouble understanding how anyone could find any humor whatsoever in what I posted.
I'll say it again, there's a time for jokes and then there isn't.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2000 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to thank everyone for allowing me to be the agitator!
Just be a bunch of people agreeing with themselves,would be boring!
I must concur that some very good points have been made by people with views different than my own. Yes, if guns were taken away or restricted more, there would only be people circmventing that. I am a firm believer that prohbition in any form is an outright and total failure- see our success rate in the 80 year War on Drugs. What would the world be like if guns were readily accessible to anyone?
Rhetorical question.
It seems as though the Pandoras box has been opened and there is no way to turn back now that the U>S> has the highest per capita gun ownership. I wish that this was a non-issue, but some people should not have guns. I know, I am one. And I don't advocate stripping peoples rights, I just specualte about what the NRA has to lose by supporting safer guns. Personal responsibility is great, but Americans on a growing scale are too stupid to recognise this.

Again, I want to thank people for by and large not shredding me to tasty little bits for having differing views. Your comments have given me something to think about. Maybe I have done likewise for someone else.
Until the next controversy, forever yours...stimpy

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 03-03-2000).]

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2000 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Dear God! What have I done!?
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
What you have done is start a thread that needs to be talked about. THANKS !!! I heard a quote tonight . I don't know who said it-don't care. I think it's pertinent...Here goes "When faced with the uncertanties of freedom the common man cries out for shackles" Or something like that. Don't let our government shackle us. They will if given the chance. Freedom is precious - and the price is knowingly high.
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
Look at the world, look at history. People do not voluntarily go back to simpler lives. Enough people have to die so civilization cannot be maintained, then life gets simpler and has more meaning. Anybody willing to lose two out of four family and friends?
Then deal with it, hive living is going to make all these bad trends worse, but nobody is letting go until it all goes.

Owning a gun is not going to transport enough food to feed the cities, agribusiness connot function without support networks.

Not us, not now, not me.

Sure, me either, but its closer now than when I was a kid, and if you believe in math the numbers go back a long way and their story doesn't change.

Drives some folks crazy, those numbers are up also.

I look in the mirror and the eyes looking back scare me, I know where fear leads. How many are gun owners because of fear, how many are lying to themselves right now?

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
kel--I don't find humor in what's happened. I just try to inject a little humor into the situation. It saddens me to hear about what happened to the kid, but I can't do anything about it. Just because I grieve doesn't mean that the child will come back. I feel for everyone involved in all of these situations. This isn't the 1st time senseless violence has claimed a young, innocent life and it won't be the last. We live in a violent world. I have tried to stay out of this thread for the most part. (Anyone remember the "God" thread?!) I have my opinions about some of the things that have been discussed here, I just chose to keep them to myself. Some of my opinions are severe and some are nothing. I still don't know much about what happened in PA, so most of this is directed towards the 6 year old. Personally, I think that the parents of the killer are 99.9% to blame. I think that the father should be castrated and the mother should have her tubes tied. If they're gonna raise one child who can kill another at the tender age of 6, they shouldn't be allowed to have any more. After the sterilization, I think that both parents should be imprisoned for a long, long time. It's bad enough when, because of upbringing, someone has to kill someone else, but when the upbringing is so bad that the killing has to start this young, the parents need to be severely punished.
As far as the NRA thing...I don't really have much of an opinion about them personally. I've never read the NRAs mission statement so I don't know what they really stand for or what they stand behind. I don't think they're the KKK, but I doubt that they're the PTA, either. I've carried before. I used to have a CW permit. I don't anymore and don't feel the need to spend my money to purchase another gun. If someone gave me one, I'd keep it though.
I don't think that TV/movies/video games/etc have much to do with most of the violence in todays society. Actually, I would imagine that the Internet has more influence than the others. What poor upbringing won't screw up, peer pressure will. I can't see that peer pressure had much to do with the 1st grader thing, though.

Bottom line here is that we live in a Godless world. Without God, we will always have this kind of senseless bullshit. I can guarantee you that if the family of the shooter had been a Christian family, none of this would ever have happened. Flame me if you want. It doesn't matter. I feel what I feel.

There. I've given you some of my opinions. Basically, I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said. The next time something happens that makes you feel bad, take time to grieve, then find someone who is upbeat and maybe just a little funny. Unless you want to be sad and depressed for the rest of your life. Let me tell you a little story, then I'll leave this thread alone. I thought that my Grandpa was the greatest man ever (aside from Jesus, of course). There was just no one in the entire world that I felt closer to. He passed away 8 years ago last Halloween. I was crushed. (Believe me, you can't imagine.) Two things got me through that. One was God. The other was a good friend of mine (who has also passed away) who had the most outrageous sense of humor you could possibly imagine. After he gave me a shoulder to cry on, he gave me laughter. Of course, he didn't make fun of my Grandpa (that would have been unforgivable), but he did crack jokes and made sure I saw some of the humor in life. You can't imagine how much humor helped.
If you don't believe me about humor being the best medicine, try reading the Readers Digest sometime. They have a section entitled, (you guessed it) "Laughter, the Best Medicine." Shall I continue with the medical professions take on humor?

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2000 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Phaeton, did you type that last post after a little drinky-drinky? I suggest going to the hangover cure post, eat a big bowl of menudo and do a little editing cuz, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about!
kel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kelSend a Private Message to kelDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman, I don't ever remember flaming anyone on this forum, and I'm not about to start now. I think this is something for a private e-mail and will respond to you in just that when I am ready. (There won't be any flames in that either.)
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
No drinky this time, the tequila was last week. I reread it myself just now, Guess I gotta start going to bed earlier.
Basicly I was reiterating the fact that all species turn self-destructive under high population pressures, humans are not an exception and here we are, homocides, homosexuals, child murder, every sick behavior is becoming more prevalent. The answer is to take the pressure off the population, the question is how to decently get rid of the extra few billion people causing this stress. Left alone it WILL be solved, I personally don't like the solution I see coming over the horizon.
I have children, sometimes I cry about what they will have to go through.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
kel--I didn't mean to sound like you were flaming me. I'd welcome your non-flame email.
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2000 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Phaeton- nothing that a good ol ice age won't cure? So if I am gettin you right, the only way to keep people from senselessly slaughtering others, not to mention buggery, is to kill everyone off, right? That'll learn 'em! I think that this is a rather fatalistic approach, but unfortunately pretty accurate.
How I try to approach this type of doom is to realize that we can all die at any time, and it doesn't take some whacked-out crackhead to do it. A gun isn't going to stop a speeding bus, or a hurtling comet, or an anuerysm. Live each day as the gift that it is, don't worry about tomorrow.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2000 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Couple things here that I just can't let slide:

A member stated: "I believe that we all need more "GOD" in our homes and less Government. We live in a Goddless society thats very imoral."

Ok... If you think we need more God in our homes, that's fine, but you're implying that the lack of God in society makes it immoral. I don't believe in God(as many probably know already) but I'm probably one of the most "moral" and caring people a you could meet. I don't trash-talk people who value religion in their lives, and I expect the same in return.

Another states: "Without God, we will always have this kind of senseless bullshit. "

no comment....

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2000 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
GT Bastard...I'm not nessasrily refering to the Christian "GOD". More like the consiousness of self worth "GOD". I'm a Christian but I know there are many who are not. I didn't mean to flame anyone for thier relious beliefs.
kel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kelSend a Private Message to kelDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman,

I have decided to answer you here on the forum.

You stated, "I don't find humor in what's happened. I just try to inject a little humor into the situation."
There is not ALWAYS the need for humor in posts that have a very serious subject matter. Humor may very well be how you handle every situation in your life, but in my opinion there are times it is not appropriate. That doesn't mean that I want to be depressed or sad for the rest of my life (as you stated). It means that I can take a subject seriously, without feeling a compelling need to inject humor.

You stated, "the next time that something happens that makes you feel bad, take time to grieve,then find someone who is upbeat and maybe just a little funny. Unless you want to be sad and depressed the rest of your life."
I can only assume that you are relatively young and have not yet realized that people, when they are grieving, need to grieve in their own way and in their own time. There is no formula to follow. I have laughed at funerals and cried at weddings, but only I can decide what is appropriate for me and when.

You also stated, concerning your grandfather, "He passed away 8 years ago last Halloween. I was crushed. (Believe me, you can't imagine.)"
You have my condolences about your grandfather. But I can imagine, as can anyone else on this forum who has lost a dear loved one. I lost my mother at age 1. I lost my adoptive mother at age 13. I lost my father(whom I never really knew) and grandfather in my 20's, my grandmother in my 30's, and my adoptive father stepped out of my life when I was 14. So you see...I can imagine. But I do not feel sorry for myself and I don't ask for sympathy, nor do I want it. My point being, that EVERYONE has experienced pain and anguish in their lives, but I can always find someone who has endured more than myself. We don't know other people's lives and therefore cannot presume that our pain is somehow worse than theirs. My life has made me a very strong, independent and capable woman who loves life and my family and laughs every day, but not necessarily in every situation.
I've been around for awhile and I HAVE read Reader's Digest and I HAVE read "Laughter, the Best Medicine." (Could be I've read it many more times than you!) I've enjoyed it, sometimes more than others, but it is not the "answer" that is now going to make my life somehow better.

As for your statement, "I can guarantee you that if the family of the shooter had been a Christian family, none of this would ever have happened."
As you mature in the Lord, you may realize that born again Christians do not wear an armour that keeps them from committing certain sins. Being born again gives the assurance of salvation and the more one grows in the Lord, hopefully the less sin one will commit. But man will always sin and unfortunately there is not a "limit" of sin that is set, when you become born again. Even born again Christians have committed terrible sins...suicide, adultery, and yes, even murder. You might want to argue then that they weren't "really" born again. But as I've said...we ALL sin and the "degree" of sin is not limited by becoming saved. I hope someday you'll understand what I am trying to say.

Your zeal in the Lord is admirable. My hope is that you will develop a balance in your witnessing, so as not to turn people off, but instead make them want to find out more about Him.

Peace, Kelley

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Very nicely said, Kel.
PFF
System Bot
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,

Welcome Back.

William T. Thorn, III

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Thanks William.

I was just ....recharging my batteries.

william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2000 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
That said...

Kel,

I was rather glad to see your post in the "Where's Patrick" thread, because I hadn't seen many from you lately. Regarding the issue at hand... I agree with you whole heartedly. I am not a member of the NRA, but do occasionally shoot both trap and skeet. Gun control is not what we need... what we need is some societal control. I will not claim to have a solution to the societal control issue, as there is not an easy clear cut solution.

Now on to another topic...I personally found MM's remark rather funny. I really don't want to start a war. As most here know I do enjoy voicing opinions... but HATE an argument. Also many of you know that I am a friend of MM.

I feel that MM's post was intended to be harmless. He was trying to bring joy into some of our all to serious lives. I can assure you that he did not expect his joke to gain the attention that it did.

I respect you and your thoughts and opinions. Your post about Colembine really touched me. However, I enjoy MM's humor and appriciated his interjection. In my opinion the topic could have used a little light heartedness. My point is what you percieve as being way over the line, was not at all so in my humble opinion and perhaps there is another side to this coin.

I am sorry if any of my thoughts have bothered you. But the best action I felt would have been to ignore his post and move on. I belive that MM has already chosen to do just that... so with that said, I feel that we should all do the same... move on.

William T. Thorn, III

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Well, I might as well jump right back in here...

William, we've had chats before and even when we've disagreed, I respect the fact that you've always remained civil. I hope this admirable trait will continue.

You make it no secret that you are a friend of M-man's. That's fine. There are a number of members of this forum who seem to enjoy M-man's comments. That's fine. Nevertheless, there are also a number of members who are getting increasingly fed-up with these same comments. Not only because we may or may not consider them funny, but because we are just simply tired of the sheer number of them. Over two thousand posts in four months!!!

I didn't consider M-man's comments after Kel's Columbine post to be funny at all. I also didn't feel it was necessary for someone to try and elevate my mood after reading Kel's post. I'm not suggesting that anyone needs to be muzzled, but good gawd, there's how many other active threads in this forum that M-man can spread his brand of humour. Can he not leave one thread alone?

I originally had no desire to return to this forum for at least little while longer, but Kel's comments in her last post sped up the process somewhat. Her reflections on the topic of religion and the over zealousness of some "born again Christians" really struck a chord with me. She was able to express sentiments similar to what I feel in a manner that I could never hope to achieve. I'm afraid that I'm much too blunt and probably would have alienated even more people than I already have.

In an earlier thread, I expressed my disapproval of people sending M-man nasty emails. I still stand by that. No doubt these people remain completely anonymous. Cowards. However, I do feel that M-man brings a lot of this upon himself with his totally over-the-edge religious views and incessant attempts at humour. Maybe as his friend, William, you could suggest to M-man to turn it down a notch or two. I believe this would create a lot more harmony and goodwill at the forum than yet another "joke".

Ok, I'll move on now...

Deer_Slayer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Deer_SlayerSend a Private Message to Deer_SlayerDirect Link to This Post
I reckon it's time for me to give my $0.02.
I'm 20 years old, and live in a house with guns(5 of them are mine). I've also played those violent video games and watched many of those movies. The truth is, nothing has happened to me, I'm still a responsible gun owner and citizen. But, of course, I've had a good upbringing and a life with the good man above. Believe it or not, I get enraged whenever I would watch M-TV. There, they seem to be constantly bashing my beliefs, and the remanants of and morrality in this society. Thats why I hardly ever watch it. Also, those liberals have their heads so far up ther @$$es that they don't know where ther are half the time. You can't tell one the truth about what is going on because they believe in what they want to believe. Guns don't kill people, People kill people. A firearm has no conscience. It won't just jump off a table and shoot someone. It takes a finger to pull that trigger. Also, these children need to be taught from an early age to respect guns and know gun safety. It seems that these liberals(including media, politicians, M-TV, activists) want a society that only respects themselves(somewhat), who are not responsible for their actions. In other words, an anarchy society. The bottom line, In order for a society to work, one needs discipline, respect, law, and the faith in God. (I'll get off my soapbox now. Hope I didn't offend anyone.)
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2000 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2000 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, please let me state on the record that I am glad to see you back. I hated to think that you were gone for good and I think the posts got a little bland in some areas without you. I never did receive a response from the email I sent you, but I hope it made its mark and conveyed itself in the spirit intended. (All you other folks, I realize I am straying WAYYYY off topic, but bear with me or scroll on.)
Realizing that I threw some low blows into what I lt was some friendly sparring, I tender my public apologies for causing offense. Glad to see you back.
Peace?
(P.S. I'm still a smart-ass though. Just my nature.)
BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, could you slam Mman anymore?? OK, maybe you didn't slam him. Maybe you don't like him, everybody in here doesn't have to like everybody else, but it is a FREE forum. I would imagine that toleration of someone and taking care of personal problems outside of the forum would be the key to nonflaming threads when we have so many people giving their opinions.

Don't get me wrong, I am not flaming you, but when so many things are directed at a fellow member when all of us "cut-up" many times seems to be a little over the edge.

Please feel free to email me to discuss this calmly if you feel like I am taking too much out on you (that was not my intent).

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
I am a right to bare arms guy, specially on a hot day with the window down cruising to the mountains.
I have a few dead friends, and it was not always guns at fault (razor blades and rope too) and humor is not always appropriate, but some times it pops out, sometimes at VERY inappropriate moments. When a situation cannot be dealt with, bad humor is a way of shunting it to the side so day to day can go on.
I don't know MM but it seems he has a need for humor right now.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Stimpy, if you hadn't apologized in your last post, I would've ignored it as well. Be thankful that I didn't reply to your email from a couple of weeks ago, because if I did, there would've been smoke coming out of your computer. You referred to yourself as an "agitator" in an earlier post in this thread. If one is being an agitator by forcing people to think about things in a different manner than they are accustom to, that can be a positive experience. We all need to see things from a different perspective occasionally. What I was so ticked off about was your smart-ass comments directed towards me which were of no benefit to anyone or anything. There is nothing positive about merely insulting other people. I accept your apologies, but I'm hoping that maybe you'll think twice before you cut someone up for fun in the future.

Boilermaker, if you think that I don't like M-man and that I'm slamming him, then you're looking for something that isn't there. You're right though, this is a free forum, and unfortunately it's really changed in the last few months. Part of the problem is that it's simply gotten much larger and we don't all know each other anymore. But there's something else, something much more insidious going on. I believe the WORST thing that ever happened here was that "God" thread. It has split the membership up into three distinct camps. Hardcore "Christians", hardcore "non-Christians", and the rest of us who are somewhere in the middle trying to keep the peace. You may laugh at my statement that I'm trying to keep the peace, but there is a tension here at the forum that wasn't present before, and I'm trying my best to help diffuse the situation. I'm not picking on M-man, but because he has voluntarily taken it upon himself to proclaim his inflammatory views on religion every chance he gets, he's therefore become the object of discussion more often than ANY of us would like to see. Add to that all the "jokes" that he throws in at any and every opportunity and it's no wonder that many members are getting a little fed-up. It's not just me who's getting tired of it all. I only suggested for the overall benefit of the forum that M-man maybe turn it down a notch or two. I didn't ask for him to disappear.

I dunno, maybe we should just limit our discussions to Fieros...

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2000 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Maybe so, Patrick, maybe so.

But one point... Thankful that you ignored my attempt to settle that little episode? (what was all that about anyway...) No, not particularly. I would have liked to take care of personal differences in a personal manner. The public bruhaha that was developing was an embarassment to this forum, and I think that this stuff is getting pretty stale.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Patrick.... I'm probably one of the people that you would call "hardcore non-christian," but can honestly say that my beliefs(or lack of beliefs) hasn't kept me from accepting others on the forum. Monkeyman was on the other side of the fence in the "God" thread and I can still appreciate him aside from our obvious differences. I actually think the "God" thread was an interesting discussion in some respects. And just to keep the record straight, I actually don't really dislike ANYONE on this forum(including those who oppose my beliefs.)

peace everyone...

william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,

So far it seems as if you are one of the few feeling the separation. Funny that you also feel you are building the bridges to bring us back together. Perhaps these fresh ideas will give you a new and improved perspective on this and other ongoing fueds.

One last word on the religion topic. Any true Christian accepts everyone, regardless of personal beliefs.

William T. Thorn, III

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero has a Pontiac logo that glows bright green. It also has 15" blacklace GT wheels in front, bright red 16" Beretta GTZ wheels in back, chevy bowtie exhaust tips, red stripe down the middle, three red ball decals on each side, and driving lights for turn signals.

Not only do I like it, I'm not even done yet.

Accept that, its no more or less forked up than any other opinions I've read here.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

My gawd, they're coming at me in waves...

Anyone else care to set me straight?

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2000 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
My car is yellow, does that help? It's not supposed to make sense
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2000 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about putting lowrider hydraulics and 13x5 wire wheels on mine, and painting a huge airbrush mural of Xena, Warrior Princess on my GT.

WT3, I relly don't think there is a consensus built on the question is Patrick right or wrong. Kind of a leap in reasoning that Patrick is delusional or something because a couple of people disagree with him. It may also be somewhat careless to presume how someone "feels" about something. Patrick is not thee great white northern hope to bring equanimity to the forum. He's just another jamoke like you and me just stating his opinion.

Patrick, I am not coming "at" you, I don't think the Bastard is coming "at" you, and I don't think WT3 is coming "at" you. I respec the fact that you have felt the need to "recharge your batteries", perhaps you may have jumped back into the fray still a little raw. I hope things smooth out for you.

If I may veer slightly more off course- anybody want to trade Pokemon cards? j/k

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2000 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what's worse, arguing with stimpy or having him defend me...
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2000 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
OK guys. We are going a little to far on both sides of the fence. I believe that we are all outraged at the events that started this thread. The disagreement over how to deal with the problem is a war that has been rageing for decades. I think I may have started the problem when I interjected GOD into MY opinion of how to deal with the problem. Everyone has a right to state thier opinion. I really don't believe that any one at this forum wishes to be enemys. After all we do all have a common interest. OUR FIEROs !!! I hope that we have all gotten to know one another a little better and that maybe we can learn to be a little more sensitive to each others feelings.

I believe in GOD.

I feel a great sense of loss for victems of crime.

I don't believe in gun control.

I love my family.

I love my Fiero.

I have the utmost respect for all of you guys (and gals) and your own personal opinions.

PEACE

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock