Started on: 02-12-2000 08:45 AM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 02-16-2000 02:17 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I am back. Please read my thread, "The Monkeyman Returneth" in General Chat for more information.
IP: Logged
SpeedPhreak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2000 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
i didnt really read any of the topic in question...the religon topic correct?... mainly because i feel i dont have the knowledge to participate. this is also the 1st day ive read this thread...maybe i should have done it sooner.

what i do want to do is reaffirm the fact that i believe (as does most everyone else) that this 1 of the "closest" forums on the net. i visit several forums & none of them come close to the repoir & feeling of friendship we have here...sure they are for the most part very informative & helpful but it ends at that. any thing else they may have is a big flame war. here it is more than that.

i feel the off topic forum is great... as we have seen many of us have similar interests other than fieros. on the same level we cant expect us to have EVERYTHING in common so naturally we are not 100% the same in our interests, we need to respect that. for example i personally found the master card post very funny, im sure others didnt... maybe even offensive. so what, dont look at it anymore. ive found some post that i didnt agree with or did not interest me... instead of getting all uptight about i know that others here have an interest in them so i leave it alone... why waste energy flaming/critizing/getting mad at stuff when u could using that energy constructivly on say your fiero?

i would hate to loose the off topic board & i would hate to loose the friendly atmosphere around here...thats what keeps me coming here all day...refreshing a few times an hour.

although i could probably match the length of others posts in this thread i will leave it at that... cant we all just get along ?

[This message has been edited by SpeedPhreak (edited 02-14-2000).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2000 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Did I hear my name being called? Yes Patrick, you are correct on both counts, I am joking and if it gets your goat, weelll, bonus. I do appreciate that you are a highly intelligent individual (deduced by the quality of your posts) but sometimes higly intelligent individuals take on an arrogance that I, personally find offensive. I did find it humorous to compare the number of posts (along with the sheer vitriol) in the motor oil thread vs the God thread. You sure know how to pick your battles.
Do I dislike you or feel that you have nothing worthwhile to say? Absolutely not! But I think that a little introspection on the part of some members might be in order. I know I have been guilty of typing away in the heat of the moment, and once you hit send, goodnight Irene!
Well, anyway P, now that I got your attention with my little jibes, I promise to let it rest.
Peace Out and Happy Motoring!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

stimpy, I'm in a good mood as I type this out, so please try to keep that in mind. My comments or questions are NOT tinged with any sarcasm or venom. Possibly my pleasant exchange earlier in this thread with Sage has allowed me to mellow out. Anyway...

First, give me a little bit of credit. You did not hear your name being called. I took the high road and didn't use your name or even indicate what threads I was referring to.

To tell the truth, I thought your latest comments were funny. Sorry, you didn't get my goat.

"Vitriol". Good word. I had to look that one up. Not sure where or when I'll be able to use it, but at least I learned something today.

I'm usually the easiest going guy anyone would care to meet, but when I feel like I've been wronged (as I did in the "oil" thread), yes, I can get cranky. And yes, there are times I may even come across as being arrogant. I'm not pleased about that, but I think it would be rather difficult to express oneself effectively under those conditions and NOT come across as being somewhat arrogant. If I was to start acting that way under normal circumstances, I would be very disappointed in myself.

There's one thing that's unfortunately still bugging me. I don't understand why you appear to want to make peace, and then in reference to the "oil" and "God" threads you state, "You sure know how to pick your battles". To me that comes across like a real slap in the face. Please inform me if I've misinterpreted your comment.

Believe it or not, in the "oil" thread I made what was honestly an innocent joke. It's no point rehashing the whole thread, but when you lashed out at me, telling me among other things not to be so "freakin paranoid", well, the rest is history. Far from looking for a battle, I was initially trying to make you smile! In that thread I stated no less than three times that I just wanted to move on and/or forget about it. There is one other thing that is probably worthwhile mentioning. The subject heading of the email you sent to me was "shakin off the gloves". I have no idea what you actually meant by that, but Canadians (especially ones who play hockey, as I do) perceive the throwing off of gloves to be an invitation to fight. So you can see why I didn't view your email as much of a goodwill gesture, if that's what it was meant to be.

In regards to the "God" thread, I felt all along that it was an open invitation to disaster. I had no wish to actively participate in something that I could easily foresee was going to cause plenty of ill will among the participants. I'm glad I didn't say anything more than I did because I'm sure all hell would've broken loose. You see, I do have some common sense.

stimpy, if you'd care to comment on anything I've mentioned here, I'd be more than willing to follow up on it again.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Let's not start fighting again. I know. Nobody was fighting, but I can see it comin'. I don't want to be a referee (although B&W stripes look good on me. At least that's what my cell mates tell me.)
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2000 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Patrick. I do take some interpretive license when I write. Yes, I realize that you did not use my name. I am not going to cower in the dark just because you didn't point the light my way. I know that I have been spreading some lighthearted wisecracks around, and I thought it would be proper to keep on tryin to clear the air.
First off, everybody but you who has read that tiresome oil thread (How I rue the day I posted that one) realizes my paranoia reference was directed to shiner. Shiner and I have communicated off-forum and it ain't no big deal.
Secondly, as a hockey fan myself, I am fully aware of what shakin off the gloves means. It's all entertainment, no one dies, and everyone hugs each other at the All-Star game. My emai was about venting some steam, "if ya got something to say,bring it on." That kinda thing.
Patrick, if I was the only one who thinks you come off as what you purport to detest, (arrogant) then I would keep my mouth shut. But having received several emails during our past coup d'etat supporting me, think of this as good ol fashioned intervention.
Patrick, we are your friends and we love you. It hurts us to see you living in denial, and we want you to get help.
Paix Sortir
ton ami
stimpy
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
This is nothing personal, but IMHO those are things for private email.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
I would tend to agree with Cliff on this one. Maybe you two should just "AGREE TO DISAGREE." I know everybody likes to have the last word(I'm guilty of it myself,) but this kind of thing is going to turn the forum into an unhappy place. Right now, this is a very mature board. I mean, we can still use the word ASS here without having to say A$$.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I, for one, don't feel the need to have the last word.
dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
Since Monkeyman doens't feel the need for the last word, I guess I will have it.

LAST WORD

Wait a minute? that is 2 words and it wouldn't look right if I just said WORD or LAST???

OK I am confused
Where are my dru-- ah Prescriptions

william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Dogtired,

That has to be the funniest post that I have read in a long time!

I have noticed that you have been rather quiet for the last month or two as well. It is good to see that we don't need to start another thread "Where's Dogtired?"

William T. Thorn, III

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Back on February 7th, I stated in the "oil" thread -

"You and I are on a different wavelength. Let's just move on..."

I only allowed myself to be drawn back into discussion because I was genuinely interested in resolving the situation for the betterment of the forum. How I wish I hadn't been so foolish. The person I'm the most upset with is myself for wasting so much time and effort.

I'm outta here...

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2000 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
jeez, what do you think got into him? (no response required...please!)
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I really am a nice guy and I don't want to make any more enemies, but ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! (BTW--I still got the last word in. Ha.)

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 02-15-2000).]

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2000 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
No you didn't.
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Nobody gets the last word but ME!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
hmmm.. i have the feeling this could go on forever... lock this thread so I get the last word, Cliff!!
dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post

WORD

PFF
System Bot
Guinea Pig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Guinea PigSend a Private Message to Guinea PigDirect Link to This Post
I too was not aware of a problem on the forum. I don't get to it every day. I just reread the "God" thread. When it was started I thought this ought to be good! After reading and now rereading it I was still quite impressed that the thoughts expressed were so intelligent. I couldn't believe that a "bunch of car nuts" even thought of such issues that seriously. I read the thread about the age of the forum members and now I can see why some of the opinions are so strong. A lot of us appear to be "older" and realizing our mortality.
As far as the O/T forum I think its good forum and would hate to see it go. It is new and maybe needs to have a little time to mature. I believe the Opinions expressed are just that--opinions. I really didn"t notice anyone trying to convert anyone.
I joined this forum after watching some of the others and believed this one had more open minded members and knowledgeable members who were more friendly. I still believe the same. There's probably more I could say, but I think the idea is stated.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
This is really the last word!
dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
LAST
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2000 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Errrr.... not that I want to have the last word or something but I guess it's time to end this chapter.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock