Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Who all is going to Daytona this year? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who all is going to Daytona this year? by rpro
Started on: 11-18-2012 06:55 AM
Replies: 150
Last post by: JohnWPB on 03-23-2013 06:01 PM
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
My vacation has been approved...
My Fiero isn't a show car by any means, I'm interested in meeting people from the forum!
IP: Logged
Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Planning for Daytona 2013 is moving along.

We're still having lots of discussions with last minute items to complete. Time is running short.

Here's how the weekend is shaping up:

• Friday AM breakfast at the Sugarmill
  • Cruise to Jolly Gator for air boat rides
  • Friday and Saturday registration manning
  • Friday track access for setup (tentative)
  • Friday night Go Kart races
  • Saturday show parking for judging (need volunteers)
  • Car judging
  • Blind Man's gymkhana at the Track
  • 3:00 Track photo shoot, Fieros, (tentative)
  • Saturday evening Awards banquet
  • Sunday morning Track cruise - Fiero group - 9:00AM (tentative)
  • Cruise to Fourth Turn for departing breakfast

Dragon has lined up some great raffle prizes for during the day Saturday - need volunteers for ticket sales

Remember there are 2 registrations required for all the activities - 1 to get into the Speedway, 1 to participate in the car judging, Awards Banquet and for Goodie Bag and event shirt. Follow the link below for more information and access to registration links:

Click here for Registration links

Also, there's a Florida Fiero groups' web link if you want more information or to refer visitors to. Follow the link below.

Click here for Florida Fieros information

If you want a higher quality shirt to remember the weekend, the link below takes you to our shirt supplier and source for embroidered logos.

Click here for event shirt info.

We've come a long way with lots left to do. We need folks to keep talking this up and promoting. We need to see all our "home folks" at Daytona this spring! Mark your calendars.

See you in Daytona - Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT looking to a 3.4 transpant
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
  • 88 Factory T-Top, really, the "last" one!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I live in Florida and plan to attend the 30th in Indy. It seems to me that people that live near Indy would reciprocate and come down here too.

That would be nice. I expect to pull at least three locals with me.
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
As time gets closer please remember there are tow registration for the Florida Fiero Weekend at Daytona

You can find them both at the following link

http://floridafieros.org/daytona2013/

Stay warm - tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest of the season down here around the Space Center.

Frank
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, but like last year, I won't be showing the Fiero.

Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone (and their Fieros) again tho!
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gwain:

Planning for Daytona 2013 is moving along.

We're still having lots of discussions with last minute items to complete. Time is running short.

Here's how the weekend is shaping up:

• Friday AM breakfast at the Sugarmill
  • Cruise to Jolly Gator for air boat rides
  • Friday and Saturday registration manning
  • Friday track access for setup (tentative)
  • Friday night Go Kart races
  • Saturday show parking for judging (need volunteers)
  • Car judging
  • Blind Man's gymkhana at the Track
  • 3:00 Track photo shoot, Fieros, (tentative)
  • Saturday evening Awards banquet
  • Sunday morning Track cruise - Fiero group - 9:00AM (tentative)
  • Cruise to Fourth Turn for departing breakfast

Dragon has lined up some great raffle prizes for during the day Saturday - need volunteers for ticket sales

Remember there are 2 registrations required for all the activities - 1 to get into the Speedway, 1 to participate in the car judging, Awards Banquet and for Goodie Bag and event shirt. Follow the link below for more information and access to registration links:

Click here for Registration links

Also, there's a Florida Fiero groups' web link if you want more information or to refer visitors to. Follow the link below.

Click here for Florida Fieros information

If you want a higher quality shirt to remember the weekend, the link below takes you to our shirt supplier and source for embroidered logos.

Click here for event shirt info.

We've come a long way with lots left to do. We need folks to keep talking this up and promoting. We need to see all our "home folks" at Daytona this spring! Mark your calendars.

See you in Daytona - Marc

THIS^^^ Should answer all of the noobs' questions (Like myself)

My car will be running by the 17th of Febuary, at the latest. And I will be attempting to bring a new friend to the show as well.
I'm trying to get there for the second time in my life, and it looks like 2013 will be my year.
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Registration mailed today, and hotel reservation is confirmed! Registered for the track, too (you thought I'd forgotten, didn't you?). We'll see you there!

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
South Carolina Fiero Club
'88 Coupe "Plain Vanilla"
'86 GT "Black Pearl"

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 02-19-2013).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I got my Turkey Run registration in the mail.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Just a note, if you ordered your Turkey Run registration over the internet your credit card should be charged within 2 or 3 days. I placed my order and got an order number but I did not see anything for about 3 weeks. Sent an email to there contact person and my order number had been lost. I had to re-register, all is well now.

Jack

------------------
WARNING: Surgeon General said it's okay to smoke 3800s

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
For those who would like a higher quality embroidered Florida Fiero Weekend and Daytona shirt, there available at the following link.

http://tcpromos.com/shop/private-store/

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

Flyboygt86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Direct Link to This Post
Frank
We will be there Chuck & Linda
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I made hotel reservations today and am mailing in show reservations also. I'm ready. Now to get the 87 GT out of storage.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
How many Miami-Dade folks are coming up?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Not sure, I may be busy installing my G1...

How many Miami-Dade folks are coming up?

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Not sure, I may be busy installing my G1...

Hope you are able to make it. Would be nice to meet you in person.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

I'll be there, but like last year, I won't be showing the Fiero.

Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone (and their Fieros) again tho!

You don't have to show the Fiero, just come on up for the heck of it.

Frank
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
The deadline for registration is fast approching. If you plan to just pay at the track and show up, please let us know on here so we can get some kind of a head count.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

I received my embroidered shirt today

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
You can do it Skuzzy, I know you can :> )

I-75 S 681 mi- about 9 hours 52 mins
Tomk7a

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tomk7aSend a Private Message to Tomk7aDirect Link to This Post
Going to try and bring both 1987 GT's! Since both of them are running this year and not slipping a bearing the day after we put the motor back in and the day before the show! Just have to get the five speed some straight pipes and get the front and rear bumpers back on! It is going to be a long drive from the Tampa without exhaust lol!

[This message has been edited by Tomk7a (edited 02-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Those who plan on attending the the Fiero show, should try to preregister so that the planners know how many trophies to create. If we get 30 pregister for competition we will have 10 or so trophies. Then if 50 show up we will still have only 10 trophies and then not have the right number of trophies for all the various classes. If you plan on coming and show your car, please preregister.
nathrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathrakSend a Private Message to nathrakDirect Link to This Post
I was all ready to get the Bumblebee up and running this weekend and see what cleaning up I could do before it's first Daytona show then was informed that the client where I provide security services is cutting half of the shifts as of March 15 and mine is one of them. So, no idea if I will be working at all come Daytona weekend or what other location they will ship me off to.........

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

Not Daytona but so what.

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Sick of snow yet? 14 days remaining

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Carol and I are coming. I just sent in the money to reserve a condo on the beach in Daytona, one that we used two years ago. We did not get setup in time to get our registration in, in time for the Turkey shoot so we will have to pay at the track. I am sending in my registration for the Fiero part of it though. I will be bringing my 88 GT that is still in the process of being fixed up. So I guess I will need to be in the class. Maybe by the next visit to Florida I can have it all done and painted. That would be nice since this has been a long process.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

If your going to the Sugar Mill again this year you need to contact Bob Holtz at CapitalCityFieros@gmail.com to RSVP Seating is limited to 14.

We will be leaving the hotel at 7:45 because the Sugar Mill changed our seating time to 8:30
Marc Fisher needs to know how many people want to go out on the air boat(s) Friday afternoon. They are scheduled to start running at around 12:00
RSVP with Marc at MJFINFLA@BellSouth.net

Frank
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Getting everything ready to head south end of the week. See everyone next week.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Back by popular demand this year are the airboat rides on Florida's backwaters and marshes:

We had a good group that cruised out in 2009 to enjoy the airboat rides. We've setup a cruise again through "Old Florida"; hanging oaks and small towns. The cruise will begin at the Sugarmill after the breakfast, or you can drive to the Jolly Gator on route 46 for a 12:00noon start:

In 2009 we also enjoyed some of the native, Florida cuisine:

It would help again if I could get a head count. The rides are $20 for adults, $15 for kids 12 and under.

Food and drink is ala carte, though we will have some "finger food" trays of some of Florida's lesser known "delicacies" compliments of the Florida Fiero clubs.

Email me at mjfinfla@gmail.com, or mjfinfla@bellsouth.com

Just to get the juices flowing, here's a film clip from 2009:

Marc in sunny Florida - see you in a couple of weeks

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gwain (edited 03-14-2013).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I drove up to Sanford, Fl today with Frank and Marc to pickup the box of the Daytona Fiero t-shirts for those preregistered for the show. Then we stopped at the Willow Tree restaurant for some snitzel for lunch...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is not ready to drive quite yet.... HOWEVER, I will be there! I am riding up with Joey close to me here in West Palm Beach. Due to other obligations we will be there early Friday morning, and have to pull out in the early afternoon to head back.

PFF
System Bot
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I drove up to Sanford, Fl today with Frank and Marc to pickup the box of the Daytona Fiero t-shirts for those preregistered for the show. Then we stopped at the Willow Tree restaurant for some snitzel for lunch...

There are days I hate doing car stuff

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, I'll bet Frank.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

My Fiero is not ready to drive quite yet.... HOWEVER, I will be there! I am riding up with Joey close to me here in West Palm Beach. Due to other obligations we will be there early Friday morning, and have to pull out in the early afternoon to head back.

John,

Be sure to look me up on Friday. I'll be pulling into town around 9 AM on Friday
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

John,

Be sure to look me up on Friday. I'll be pulling into town around 9 AM on Friday

Here is my cell number, if you, or anyone else wants to meet up on Friday in person. It's (five 6 one) too three 6 - 7o24.

Gwain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder "bump".

Time's getting short for Daytona weekend.

Marc

------------------

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Gathering everything needed for the trip and packing the T-top. See everyone next week.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Stuffing our luggage today. Finished mounting the rack with a new Plastic Box on it (50 gallons from Home Depot). Picking out the things we are going to take with us. Tomorrow we start early, maybe as early as 7:00am. Plan to be there on Sunday night so we can enjoy a whole week on the Daytona Beach. We are in a Condo right on the beach. So we are planning on having a lot of fun.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm not making it.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock