Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Best Theft Deterrents - What do you think? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Best Theft Deterrents - What do you think? by Boostdreamer
Started on: 06-30-2012 07:16 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: Snapperhead on 07-19-2012 08:14 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deloreanant:

The comment about GPS being easily beat is because GPS doesn't even work in parking garages. If a thief pulls your car into a garage, the GPS won't work. It must have a clear "view" of the sky. Lo-Jack works based off of FM signal I believe. This means in can be tracked within buildings, but only in select cities where Lo-Jack has towers set up. There is no perfect system. But combining a couple of these could really up your odds of keeping your car or at least getting it back.

The tracking unit will relay postions of the route that the car takes and hold the last reference. In the event that the car is moved into a garage you should still have an idea of where the car is but as I said before nothing is foolproof. All we can do is reduce the odds of theft and increase the odds of recovery. If a seasoned professional wants your Fiero, he will get it but do seasoned professional thieves really steal cars that are little value? The same energy can be used to steal a Corvette as in NYC where the theft rate of these cars is like 50%.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
C4 works good
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock