Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 226
Last post by: madcurl on 02-08-2013 06:08 PM
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
They're a dime a dozen, but maybe some late model Mustang lights would work:

www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-...trim-0509-matte.html

IP: Logged
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lady Lisa:

Yeah, maybe a name change is in order Thanks 85 SE nochie for the photoshop. Gives me a visual to tweek. If you please, could you photoshop the back, coloring the back bumper black and filling in the blank spots that are next to the reflectors.

I'm not feeling the Fiero GT or the Enterra taillights and right now I don't want to cut up the back just to redo the taillights. A conundrum indeed . Troy ordered a set a Cavalier lights and is going to have them sanded smooth and smokked to see what that looks like. As far as the color, I am leaning towards the Lamborghini balloon white.

How is this?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

They're a dime a dozen, but maybe some late model Mustang lights would work:

www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-...trim-0509-matte.html

I almost posted that as well.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
If all goes as planned, we will be moving the Enterra over to the shop tomorrow.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Easy fix if you just paint the area between the rear tail lights and lightly smoke the lens, but paint the "ribs" black. That's what I would do if it was my car. Next, paint the deck lid vents black and maybe those vents in and around the car. This will give the car some contrast especially with a white paint job. The black high lights will also match the two tone Asanti wheels.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-11-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

If you please, could you photoshop the back, coloring the back bumper black and filling in the blank spots that are next to the reflectors.

I'm not feeling the Fiero GT or the Enterra taillights and right now I don't want to cut up the back just to redo the taillights. Troy ordered a set a Cavalier lights and is going to have them sanded smooth and smokked to see what that looks like.

I like those suggestions. I've always wondered what the point was of leaving those holes in the rear bumper unoccupied.

Originally posted by madcurl:

Easy fix if you just paint the area (black?) between the rear tail lights...

With the bumper being painted black (which I think is a good idea), wouldn't it be too much black if the entire tail light panel was also painted black? I wonder if there's enough room at the bottom of the panel to leave a "stripe" of white across the back panel between the bumper and the tail lights... just enough to retain some contrast?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I say have some custom panels cut out, back lite "Enterra" on one side and "Vipre" on the other side. Something like Pontiac did with the Fastback taillights. Either that or use the blank spots for some Viciously Bright Backup Lights. Something on a switch where someone pulls up behind you with their bright lights on, you can flip a switch and darn near BLIND them for a split second. At the very least you should be able to scare them enough that they won't want to be driving behind you. Just please don't paint it black like a Bumper Pad Fiero. That is just cruel. Even for a car that I honestly don't have love for, that would be mean.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Just please don't paint it black like a Bumper Pad Fiero. That is just cruel. Even for a car that I honestly don't have love for, that would be mean.

Nothing on an Enterra would ever resemble a bumper pad Fiero... nothing, no matter what color anything was painted.

IMO black bumpers on a white Enterra look really sharp, and that's from someone who loves these cars.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
IMO, Lisa should keep the body of the car all Lambo White and just play with black wrap on the bumpers, this way if she doesn't like it or if someone bumps it ,it can be easily removed or repaired without a trip to the paint shop. Lisa wants the grills powder coated black.

Guys I just want to thank you all so much for all of the input and help you are giving Lisa. She has a tough Job running our house hold and Raising our three kids me being the 3rd . Her job is 24/7 and we drive her crazy but this is turning out to be one of her enjoyable outlets.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 12-12-2012).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

IMO, Lisa should keep the body of the car all Lambo White and just play with black wrap on the bumpers, this way if she doesn't like it or if someone bumps it ,it can be easily removed or repaired without a trip to the paint shop. Lisa wants the grills powder coated black.

Guys I just want to thank you all so much for all of the input and help you are giving Lisa. She has a tough Job running our house hold and Raising our three kids me being the 3rd . Her job is 24/7 and we drive her crazy but this is turning out to be one of her enjoyable outlets.

PM sent

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

A
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
What's with the 2x4, Archie? I much preferred the original hockey stick.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-12-2012).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
I love the idea of black and white. Try bumpers and vents (with a black mustand scoop on the rear end) in black and then please someone photoshop the mustang tail lights in, if they match the curves well they would look hot. Maybe someone could photoshop double4c's new headlights in and see how those look on the front end.

Also, holy crap with some sheet metal you could end on with one NICE big trunk haha

[This message has been edited by Tusch (edited 12-12-2012).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
You know , even the older 280z style lights would look better IMO

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-13-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

A

mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Direct Link to This Post
I still like the tails it has. The car encapsulates the 80s shed built super car, but in the best way. Modern tails would ruin that.

The 280 tail panel does look interesting however.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We started on the car yesterday & continued today.

Here's a few pics.

I'll be showing you some of the stuff we are finding along the way.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

PM sent

Thanks for the Photoshop! Lisa likes it , now I'm just waiting to get the measurements back from the manufacturer. BOY OH BOY Santa's list is getting long.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostDirect Link to This Post
I look forward to seeing the progress on this car!
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks you guys so much for your help & feedback . It has given me much to consider. Thanks 85SEnochie for the photoshopping. Helped a lot with visualization. I'm feeling the taillights, hopefully, it's doable. Thanks Archie for posting pics on the start of work. Thanks so much for yor help. Lastly, I wish to thank my Santa Baby...Yes I'm worth it .
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Thanks you guys so much for your help & feedback . It has given me much to consider. Thanks 85SEnochie for the photoshopping. Helped a lot with visualization. I'm feeling the taillights, hopefully, it's doable. Thanks Archie for posting pics on the start of work. Thanks so much for yor help. Lastly, I wish to thank my Santa Baby...Yes I'm worth it .

And you are welcome! I hope that they will work after you get the measurements.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
The one thing that still seems a little weird looking is the sheer amount of flat space behind the windows on the Enterra. I'm wondering if there's anything you could do to add maybe some black panels to add a little contrast... possibly not given the way the fibreglass cuts in quite upright against the rear pillars. Maybe it's just me?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

The one thing that still seems a little weird looking is the sheer amount of flat space behind the windows on the Enterra. I'm wondering if there's anything you could do to add maybe some black panels to add a little contrast... possibly not given the way the fibreglass cuts in quite upright against the rear pillars. Maybe it's just me?

Or find away to make it a little more notchie

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The one thing that still seems a little weird looking is the sheer amount of flat space behind the windows on the Enterra.

Are you referring to where the sail panels are on a GT? If so, I think perhaps it's just the angle of the images you've seen. It doesn't look bad to me at all. As a matter of fact, it looks great. IMO the angle of the "fastback" compliments the angle of the sloped hood/nose.

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Nice Stingray,

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 12-17-2012).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Are you referring to where the sail panels are on a GT? If so, I think perhaps it's just the angle of the images you've seen. It doesn't look bad to me at all. As a matter of fact, it looks great. IMO the angle of the "fastback" compliments the angle of the sloped hood/nose.

I think that white makes it look bigger than the black one does. Some contrast will help I think?

------------------

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Nice Stingray,

Very constructive, thanks for your input, I'm sure Lisa will appreciate your comment.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Some contrast will help I think?

Oh, for sure. Everything on the car being white is a bit much.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-17-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36412 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Nice Stingray,

Is that all you have to offer here?

We're still waiting for pictures of your car - WORLD FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER WANTS TO DO A PHOTO SESSION!!!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Oh, for sure. Everything on the car being white is a bit much.

I'm thinking black in the seams of the panels might look good Had to play around with my pic a little. I don't like my photo chop of the black vents not sure why but I don't like it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 12-17-2012).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Is that all you have to offer here?

We're still waiting for pictures of your car - WORLD FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER WANTS TO DO A PHOTO SESSION!!!

Lmfao, I completely forgot about that train wreck.

I'm liking where this is going with the vents to give it some contrast. Just please don't make it look like that guy who made his Fiero into a storm trooper with speakers outside hooked up to a V12 soundracer thing , kidding of course but black accents on a white Fiero instantly bring back harsh flashbacks of when that car was on the first page for a while.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking black in the seams...

Terry, why have you quoted my question meant for nightonfire in your post?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Terry, why have you quoted my question meant for nightonfire in your post?

Because I missed the one above where you were talking about too much white. Sorry about that

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Because I missed the one above where you were talking about too much white. Sorry about that

Perhaps you could edit your post and include the proper quote. The way it is now it looks like I'm mocking your photo-shop efforts!

[EDIT] Thanks for the edit.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-17-2012).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Argh, it's hard to properly convey what I mean so I'll bash up some photoshops tonight.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Argh, it's hard to properly convey what I mean so I'll bash up some photoshops tonight.

I could not get my PIP to work tell now it comes and goes really irritating but I think you wanted to see something like this?

------------------

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Hummm... Interesting, can we try it with..... Keep the bumpers black, add her wheels, keep the vents white, keep the door Handel black, blackout side marker lights, keep the black sail panel window looks sharp. Boy oh boy Archie is going to hate you guys lol.

BTW I ordered the new tail lights today... Don't tell Lisa ......
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I realize my opinion means exactly squat here but I will give it anyway ... I don't like all that black at all. I mean the lines of the car actually look really good in white. Personally if it were my build I would do the bumpers in black and I would probably try to use some kinda tinted taillights and make that whole area around them and in between them in a matte or perhaps kind of a semigloss black. I MIGHT try to put some black on that decklid somehow but very sparingly as it gets overpowering quickly. The car has nice lines and those wheels will look amazing on there. IMHO the thing that will make this car win or lose most of all will be the STANCE of the car. If it winds up too high or the wheels are not properly sized it will look like hell, if it sits nice and low in front with just a nicely gapped even yet minimal wheel well clearance and the back does not sit too low to see the pipes coming out of it it could really look amazing. The more I look at that car the more I think that it will be the subtle details that will make or break it. That black one shown earlier on really looks great and IMHO could look even better if it had a couple little tweaks. Also if you notice that other car did not have super low profile tires on it. Somehow the car needs to show a little rubber out back to me. I am diggin' the white and once Archie works on that body and makes it whole and smooth again that white will really come into it's own. One thing is for sure, you sure as hell will not pull up to the light and see another one like it sitting in the other lane ever....EVER!!! Good luck with it I am enjoying the progress thus far. Peace

Pete

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

...keep the black sail panel window looks sharp.

If that area could actually be made into a real "window", sort of like a GT sail panel (and not just be a colored panel), that would certainly get rid of a giant blind spot when driving. Would be great!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-18-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36412 posts
Member since Apr 99

Hummm... Interesting, can we try it with..... Keep the bumpers black, add her wheels, keep the vents white, keep the door Handel black, blackout side marker lights, keep the black sail panel window looks sharp.

I agree with all that. The side vents in particular stood out too much when black (as pictured). Makes them look "stuck on". It would probably look fine though if just the "hole" in the vents was black (if the holes aren't actually cut out).

Terry, could you do a version as Troyboy mentioned, but do the side panel I've pictured all black (as opposed to part of it as you've done). I'd like to see what it looks like as sort of an "extension" of the side window.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-18-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock