Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Amida F355 Interior installation (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Amida F355 Interior installation by hnthomps
Started on: 11-07-2010 03:49 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: Lurate on 01-11-2013 11:56 PM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The carpet came with the interior but I am certain that Amida can give you the appropriate supplier info. There was insullation on the back but it had to be modified to get the correct fit.

Nelson

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Was wondering where you got your carpet?? Did it come with the insulation

on hte back??

Your interior is very elegant, I bet it makes cruising that much nicer.

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Just beautiful!
If I was wanting to update the interior on my Fiero, I could see using that even if I didn't do a Ferrari rebody. It's just beautiful, and looks OEM. Very nice!
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

As soon as I can limp to the basement without undue pain, I will get the requested pictures. I had a knee replaced last week and am still working my way back to functionality.

Nelson

Ouch! Take you time Nelson. No hurry on the pics. Hope you feel better soon........
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

It will be a while before I can drive a standard transmission vehicle but I did manage to drive an auto Expedition earlier today without many problems.

Nelson

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Ouch! Take you time Nelson. No hurry on the pics. Hope you feel better soon........

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

Here are some pictures that I managed to grab this morning right before the camera battery died. I hope that they are what you wanted, but if they are not what was requested let me know and I will try again.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 12-20-2010).]

sporlan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanDirect Link to This Post
How can I get one of theses interiors made in black?????
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Give Rob a call or send an e-mail.

Nelson

Originally posted by sporlan:

How can I get one of theses interiors made in black?????

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
That really looks awesome. Did the hood release stay in the same location?
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The front deck lid release was reinstalled in a slightly different location. It was placed on the driver's side footwell up near the top of the carpet. I can get a picture if it is really needed.

Nelson

Originally posted by Marine1981:

That really looks awesome. Did the hood release stay in the same location?

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Was there ever a 308 interior swap created for the Mera? What about the Pisa Euro interior, did anyone install one into a Mera?
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I was leaning toward the PISA Euro interior until I saw Rob's F355 and his superior manufacturing skills. Then it was no question as to what one I wanted. BTW, does anyone want/need a set of uncovered PISA door panels for a very good price?

Nelson

Originally posted by Amida:

Was there ever a 308 interior swap created for the Mera? What about the Pisa Euro interior, did anyone install one into a Mera?

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
As an update, I never let anyone know the results of the show the next week after the interior was completed. I took the car to the Ocala, Florida all GM show at Silver Springs the next week and ended up in the "General" classification group covering the vehicles from 1980 to the present. This General group included all cars except for a few specified classes (Cameros, Vetts, and a couple others). When the awards were announced at the end of the show, I was quite surprised to receive a first in class award, I am fairly certain that this was a combination of the new interior and the display of a restored Mera that few if any people there had ever seen. I was quite happy with the result and plan to attend this show again this year.

Nelson
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

As an update, I never let anyone know the results of the show the next week after the interior was completed. I took the car to the Ocala, Florida all GM show at Silver Springs the next week and ended up in the "General" classification group covering the vehicles from 1980 to the present. This General group included all cars except for a few specified classes (Cameros, Vetts, and a couple others). When the awards were announced at the end of the show, I was quite surprised to receive a first in class award, I am fairly certain that this was a combination of the new interior and the display of a restored Mera that few if any people there had ever seen. I was quite happy with the result and plan to attend this show again this year.

Nelson

Congratulations ! Let's see the trophy.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Per Amida's request, here are two pictures of the "trophy".

Nelson

Originally posted by Amida:

Congratulations ! Let's see the trophy.

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateDirect Link to This Post
Still a great link. Planning to put that interior in my Fiero this month.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to put this style interior into my 88. WOW!!!!!!!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I have that exact same interior that I bought for my 355 project. I have too many cars and I am too old so I might be interested in selling mine for less than the price of one from Rob. This is one from Rob and it is brand new and uninstalled. Typically I already have more in the parts for my unfinished car than I can sell the car for. So I'll probably part it out.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 11-05-2012).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I have seen Nelson's interior up close and you would not believe the quality...both of the interior and the installation. Nelson always does it top notch regardless of the size of any of his projects!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Must feel good to complete the car.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Is a car ever complete?
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Must feel good to complete the car.

The car is not really complete. I need to swap out a scratched window and this will be the test bed for the factory EHPS installation. That should finish either the car or me! I also need suggestions as to how to keep the t-top sun shades properly attached.

Nelson

PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me for not reading the entire thread, as you may have mentioned it already, but where did you get that interior kit? Id love too look into it for my own car, those door panels are just plain sexy..
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread, as you may have mentioned it already, but where did you get that interior kit? Id love too look into it for my own car, those door panels are just plain sexy..

It was made by Amida (PFF name) and it is his F355 interior. Very nice and at least equal to or better than Ferrari factory upholstery IMHO.

Nelson

jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Direct Link to This Post
I have VDO Guages in my Finale and had to modify the voltage sent to the tach. A friend of mine did it (I thi nk) by using a resistor from the 12 V source direct from the battery and plugging it into the tach signal wire at the plug on the right side of the engine bay, (can't remember it's #). Sorry it's a bit vague but it can be done.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwct7:

I have VDO Guages in my Finale and had to modify the voltage sent to the tach. A friend of mine did it (I thi nk) by using a resistor from the 12 V source direct from the battery and plugging it into the tach signal wire at the plug on the right side of the engine bay, (can't remember it's #). Sorry it's a bit vague but it can be done.

My problem with certain VDO gauges was more related to using a 3800 SC engine and trying to do all the changes with the engine installed in the car.

Nelson
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little late to the party, but wow does that interior look amazing. I think I'd like that in a regular bodied Fiero as well.

------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird /// 1995 Beretta Base /// betty progress

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateDirect Link to This Post
After a few years in storage, I'm finally getting around to installing my Amida interior into a stock Fiero and Whodeanie is getting close to putting one in my AD355. Amida's craftmanship is simply astounding. As I've unboxed the components and starting the install, I am amazed at his skill. One question to anyone out there: I have OEM 355 gauges that I want to put in. The depth of the tach and speedo look like a big problem. Anyone done this before?
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lurate:

After a few years in storage, I'm finally getting around to installing my Amida interior into a stock Fiero and Whodeanie is getting close to putting one in my AD355. Amida's craftmanship is simply astounding. As I've unboxed the components and starting the install, I am amazed at his skill. One question to anyone out there: I have OEM 355 gauges that I want to put in. The depth of the tach and speedo look like a big problem. Anyone done this before?

I cannot help you wrt the F355 instrumentation since I used the VDO units which have their own unique characteristics. Good luck on the install and post some pictures for us to see any issues and associated resolutions.

Nelson
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateDirect Link to This Post
Here are pictures of the OEM 355 center console gauges and bezel in Amida's dash compared to Amida's bezel. The Ferrari has a more deeply recessed gauge that is more angled towards the driver. On the other hand, I sure like the sturdy high quality feel of Amida's plastic bezel compared to the Ferrari's. I guess as long as nothing cracks or break during the radio install, etc. I'll be ok. Got a Ferrari wiring harness that I hope will help hooking up the gauges..especially the speedo and tach. The driver hood and bezel is going to be more of a challenge as it is much larger than Amida's
Amida center console
F355 center console
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock