Started on: 01-10-2009 09:23 PM
Replies: 153
Last post by: nosrac on 02-03-2013 09:42 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DCRFiero1:

Opps, sorry about that. Iam going to quit wishing people luck. Been on a bad luck streak lately.
No worries, it will be on the road in no time.

Zach

Yeah...you should have spoke bad intentions and that would have been for good luck, such as they say in show buisness
"go break a leg"

IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
This is how the FIRST S/U is supposed to sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very dark video but my shop lacks good lighting:

The issue was the ground to the battery. I ran a long ground from the battery to the location where I have the NEG cable bolted to and it fired right up. Only have to wire IC pump, fill IC, add coolant(find leak in pipe), check all fluids then set off for the first test drive. That would all happen tomorrow but I have to got out of town for the whole day so it will have to wait a few days till I am off again. Getting very, very close though.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
All, Yeah...Thats what I am talking about.

It sounds great too. The exhaust is not too loud but it still lets you know that it is a REAL sports car. Now, I want to hear the whine of the supercharger. I hope to hear the superchager Whine over the exhaust Roar when I get into it.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ran has been non stop for over a week now. Was hoping to get the car out for it's first road run today but the rain has never let up. Did find a few minor leaks while running the motor in the shop so I did a few little things done to it. Still have to wire in the IC pump and fill the system so that might get done tomorrow and maybe a test run if the rain stops.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Did you take her for a spin yet? I am wondering how those gears will fare on the tranny. Do I have a converted 4T60E or a converted 4T65E transmissions. Also, what are those gear ratios again?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Did you take her for a spin yet? I am wondering how those gears will fare on the tranny. Do I have a converted 4T60E or a converted 4T65E transmissions. Also, what are those gear ratios again?

I have taken the car down the road twice so far inbetween all the rain we have gotten. After the second drive a few leaks showed up so they had to be fixed. Going to fill the IC system tonight and get another road test on it tomorrow if the rain holds off. The trans is a converted 65E to a 65E-HD and I will have to look up the gears again to see what they are. I haven't had it on a long enough drive to say how the gears feel but should know soon enough.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Finally got the IC pump(Boush pump) to start flowing after having to move the pump, make a big mess with the fluids and re-filling the system. Now that it is flowing, the weather is staying nice the car will be hitting the road for some drive time. Still have a issue of a 400-1200 RPM idle once the car warms up but will be looking into this more once I drive the car some more. Car sounds good and will sound better once the exhaust is complete from the muffler to tips. Hope not to have anymore problems so the car can be wrapped up and heading back to the owner.

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
ditch the narrowband, and fiddle with the spark tables at idle.

After you go over everything for vac leaks. Remember it is nearly impossible to hear rpm changes, and they are only typically visible in the tach.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Well the car is completed, has had about 300 miles put on it and is on the way back home. The swap turned out looking pretty good and runs pretty strong for what it has on it. It will be coming back in the future for some more work which includes adding some PC ZZP VC, pulley drop, low mount setup added, ect. I didn't get any final pictures of the swap before it left but maybe the owner will take a few and post them up.

This swap took a lot longer to do then it was supposed to and I want to publicly thank Norsac(Terrance) for being so patient with the me.

One more swap to finish!!!!!!!!!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
OMG ! ! ! The car is crazy fast. I am running a 3.25 pulley but will go to a 3.0 when I take it to the track….hehehe
Thanks for the great swap, and again don't worry about the time it took because to me this is perfect timing for my favorite Christmas gifts.

You really have to see the car in person to appreciate the detail and the quality of the workmanship. The pictures actually take away the beauty of the engine. I know good things come to those who wait and boy oh boy I got my money’s worth. I will be back for my low mount mod when YOU are ready, No rush over here.

The next mods on the horizon are a complete suspension transformation and the Lebaron brake swap.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
congrats!... now plan on making the January club meeting the 4th Saturday for lunch!

I want to see that sucker!
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

congrats!... now plan on making the January club meeting the 4th Saturday for lunch!

I want to see that sucker!

I might make it but the car may not because it may be in someone's shop for a suspension upgrade....
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Found this picture of what the swap looks like pretty much complete minus a few small thing and plus a dusty SC. Wish I would have cleaned it up before the picture or at least took a picture the day the car was picked up.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 12-30-2009).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
The car is currently getting the suspension replaced and hopefully a Lebaron brakes swap. The guy doing the maintenance has finished the front suspension and is now working on the front brake swap. He ran into a few issues and I hope GS Jon most excellent write-up will remedy the situation. The suspension mods includes Ebachi lowering springs, complete poly bushings and boots, new ball joints and tie rods, kyb shocks and struts. My joints were worn badly and I recommend every one getting those checked\replaced. I also ordered a 1" front sway bar they won't be here until the 15th so I will have to put that on and move the front one to the rear at a later date.

I also tried to make some coilover’s but failed miserably do to my inability of removing the spring perch on the strut. I purchased a dremel to file the weld and or cut the perch off but ended up burning up the motor and returning the product back to Lowes. So in essence I will use my Ebachi lowering springs on the car until I can get some professional help (Mstangs). I could not get the machine shop to do it for me or even the guy that is working on my car now.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

I purchased a dremel to file the weld and or cut the perch off but ended up burning up the motor and returning the product back to Lowes.

You might try a RotoZip with a diamond cutting wheel or spiral bit - i bet it would work, but be VERY careful because it is a very powerful tool.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
What problem was the mechanic having with the Lebaron upgrade? I might be able to resolve the issue directly.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

What problem was the mechanic having with the Lebaron upgrade? I might be able to resolve the issue directly.

I think he was having some clearance issues. I understand that there is some grinding and filing to gain clearance in some areas but I think he was assuming it was a direct fit. If your write-up dosen't clear things up for him them I will repost his EXACT problem or send you a PM, Thanks,
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Yup, there is some clearancing. Let's see, what can I remember off the top of my head?

- Rear knuckle, bottom needs to be clearanced for inboard pads
- A little of the rear caliper and a bit of the inside of the rear wheel needs to be clearanced (not all vehicles)
- Front rotor is modified to turn it into a hub

Hmm, that's the major stuff that floats to the top of my head.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Poly, KYB, 11.25 rotors

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 01-17-2010).]

Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

Saw your valve covers this weekend, they look awesome!

------------------
My CarDomain Site

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

The next mods on the horizon are a complete suspension transformation and the Lebaron brake swap.

Hey, I thought you were keeping that a secret
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Hey, I thought you were keeping that a secret

Nope, no secrets here. I don't want a "sleeper" car. I want them to know I am comming and it's gona hurt.
Well their feelings anyway when they get roasted....on the track of course..

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 01-05-2010).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Your setup is probably identical to mine! KYB, Poly bushings, Lebaron swap. Next up is Dickman alum cradle bushings, comp II short shifter and rebuild kit, and I need to order some select and shift cables.

I must say, you have good taste.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sphynx:

Hey,

Saw your valve covers this weekend, they look awesome!

I can't wait to see them. The suspense is killing me.
Sphynx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SphynxSend a Private Message to SphynxDirect Link to This Post
You'll like the way they look. I guarantee it.

------------------
My CarDomain Site

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
The FTW motorsports mail order powdercoated VC came in and they look Great.

The next mods on the horizon:

FastFiero Low mount
AeroForce scan gauge
3.1 pulley
and Chrome Powder coated Valve covers.

Not only is it going to be fast but it is going to it looks good doing it.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Nice! I like the new additions
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
The front end is 100% complete brakes and all. Now on to the rear end, He just needs to finish the inner and outer Tie Rods and brakes

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by GS Jon:

Your setup is probably identical to mine! KYB, Poly bushings, Lebaron swap. Next up is Dickman alum cradle bushings, comp II short shifter and rebuild kit, and I need to order some select and shift cables.

I must say, you have good taste.

I HOPE I love the new suspension like I love the engine swap. I think that the 3800 S\C is the best MOD ever to a Fiero, although swapping out the brakes to the Lebaron may be a close second. I just don't want a squeaky car with the poly. I was going with all new rubber but got a good deal on a poly kit that I couldn't pass up. Does your car squeak?
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
A bit. Gotta find out if it's just an old, squeaky car or the suspension.

I need to get it back on the road, immediately after I get it going, I put it back up on jackstands to work on something else. Right now it's refinishing the wheels. I'll let you know once they're done and I have new tires on, I didn't want to drive very far or fast with the old tires on this poor car.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2010 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
looks great!! hopefully ill be doing all polly around soon as well!!
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Update on the suspension upgrade...
it is the Shitznite...
and absolutely No squeaking....
I am ablt to go fast enough to get my headlights to pop up....(air brakes) LOL
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
The car looks great!!!
You'll have to give me a ride next time, would have asked but
it was raining. Stephen is gettng better with each swap he does.

You should bring that beast out to the Cars and Coffee event, you
could give those exotics something cool to look at.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 01-26-2010).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

.. and absolutely No squeaking....

VERY nice car . But it might be 6 months or it might be 6 years, but when poly dries out it Will squeak later on...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-26-2010).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

The car looks great!!!
You'll have to give me a ride next time, would have asked but
it was raining. Stephen is gettng better with each swap he does.

You should bring that beast out to the Cars and Coffee event, you
could give those exotics something cool to look at.

I'll do better than that, I'll let you drive mine if you let me drive yours.
I have never driven a 88...and want to see what all the fuss is about.
The engine is alreay show quality and will be even better once I get the chrome VC and low mount installed.
However, I won't be entering in too many car shows until I get the outside done. Then, I will try and be in every car event I can.

I need a sweet custom paint job and some cool wheels to compete with the big boys.

I will probably take the charger to cars and coffee.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by PaulJK:

VERY nice car . But it might be 6 months or it might be 6 years, but when poly dries out it Will squeak later on...

Thanks, I am working on it to be a real head turner and tire burner. I vote for 6 years, if I have a choice.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

I will probably take the charger to cars and coffee.

forget the charger, seriously you should bring the Fiero. AutoMark brings his Fiero and gets lots props, when they see that 3800SC in your car their going to sh!t a brick.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

forget the charger, seriously you should bring the Fiero. AutoMark brings his Fiero and gets lots props, when they see that 3800SC in your car their going to sh!t a brick.

How many ppl know what a Fiero engine looks like anyway? The 3800 SC looks right @ home in the Fiero, mine wouldn't look modified if not for the dress up items and the most excellent human engineering. The other 3800 swap Stephen is doing and using the 3800SC stock engine cover. The average Joe won't know the Fiero didn't come stock with the 3800.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Bump, update comming soon.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 04-06-2010).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Next MOD, as soon as I get some coilovers becuse they currently dont fit on the rear. 245/45/18

$400 shipped! ebay VSR Victory wheels.

Tires
http://www.discounttire.com...ctDetail.do?pc=11198

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay