Vector kit by fieroboy_gt
Started on: 11-07-2007 11:28 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: fieroboy_gt on 02-19-2013 03:48 PM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
They were near Saint Augustine about 10-15 years ago. My younger brother's wife worked for them and she gave me a tour of the plant late one afternoon. As I recall, there were about seven or eight cars in the building undergoing assembly. The were using 12 cylinder longitudinal engines at that point.

Jim
IP: Logged
mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
They were in Green Cove Springs, about 30 minutes from St. Augustine. They had some deal with Lamborghini, and were supposed to use their V12's in the the M12.
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
This is amazing I never thought a topic I started would acually be discussed. I just recovered my password for my email account an I hadnt checked it in like a year and a half. I am so stoked that this accually generated conversation. First thing I wanted to mention. originally I said I would mount the motor longitudal just because I would want to put as much power as possiable in to somthing like this. the fiero tranny is not gonna handel 500 hp an not meet failure, I dont care what any one wanted to tell me they put v8 an gobbs of power in there fieros I have blow in the past 9 years of owning fieros 6 trannys thats a tranny every year and 1/2. i blew 3 in one year an that was in just stock 6 fieros. I was driving them hard but I dont see how more powere = less failure. thats why I said to mount it longitudaly. the vectors motor was mounted latitudaly but I was never able to find what exactly they used in production for a tranny. but to make the power they were it wasnt a regular fiero tranny. Street dreams does sell a adaptor plate for a longatudal mounted v8 on a tornado tranny an It would handel alot more power than a fieros. but hell if you could make the kit I'd take one with a stock v6. as a kid everyone I knew had lambo countache posters on there walls. I had 2 vector wigert turbo posters. I have loved this car my whole life so much that I had a licence plate made when I was 17 for my first fiero that said vector.I emailed a man in cali who was selling his vector a couple of months ago on ebay about trading my house. Everyone said fiero was a poor mans ferri i always told them it was a poor mans vector. I've seen some insaine fieros on here like madcurls, or the guy that was selling his chop top number 13 from arizona. I know archie could do somthing like this. I think it would be a insaine seller. I know Im not the only person in the world who would want one. Im not rich but I would sell my house. seriously. You could buy a ferriare or a Lambo an there are kits as well. but only 17 people will own a vector. it would be great to atleast get a kit car so everone in the world could experience the look. you can buy a 355 on ebay for 25,000 at cheapest. You never own a vector unless its a kit. an that would make the kit justifiable.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
According to Motortrend, it usesd a B&M modified Toronado transmission.
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
just thought I would bump this with some video's Still the sexyiest car alive.Still willing to trade my house for one. The seats look comfortable enough to sleep on for the next 30 years while I pay it off.

After watching this the new car looks amazing. an I love the music makes me think of the wraith.

rhis one is just kinda chilling in his garage. would love to own either car

[This message has been edited by fieroboy_gt (edited 08-05-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Nostalgic indiscretions.
onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
The w8 is one of my favorite cars of all time.

http://www.vectormotors.com/
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
well First things first I just bought a big block fiero. Im currently tunning it now. I was thinking about the post earlyier were someone said that they used a toronado tranny on the vectors. Im going to have to say that would be impossiable. My big block fiero has a 71 toronado tranny in it an the toronado trannys are a north south configuration. the vector tranny was put in sidways so unless they totally changed the diferential there is no way that it was ussed. I still want a kit. this new car will be the closest thing I ever get to a vector.
vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Vector! Who in the hell likes that thing!!!!!!!!!!!

me.

------------------
88GT (permanently under the knife)
80 Trans am (also under the knife)
02 Trans am (sometimes under the knife)

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

well First things first I just bought a big block fiero. Im currently tunning it now. I was thinking about the post earlyier were someone said that they used a toronado tranny on the vectors. Im going to have to say that would be impossiable. My big block fiero has a 71 toronado tranny in it an the toronado trannys are a north south configuration. the vector tranny was put in sidways so unless they totally changed the diferential there is no way that it was ussed. I still want a kit. this new car will be the closest thing I ever get to a vector.

I used to follow anything Vector thru the early '90's. I think if you do a little research on the internet, you'll find that for at least the 1st 12 to 14 years, the Vector used that Old's driveline with a SBC.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'd hope to see a Vector kit at SEMA 2009, but I didn't. Oh well, maybe SEMA 2010.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
I think your a dreamer curl there will never be a vector kit. It makes so much sence to make one but it will never happen. LOL
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think the "new" vector has the front end from the last generator camaro ? Here's the "rendering" posted at vectormotors.com

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-26-2009).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think the "new" vector has the front end from the last generator camaro ? Here's the "rendering" posted at vectormotors.com

Yes it does look similar.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
The body he actually produced has Supra headlights, but yeah the drawing is spot on camaro.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'd hope to see a Vector kit at SEMA 2009, but I didn't. Oh well, maybe SEMA 2010.

With as outspoken as you've been about kits, this suprised me.

If you really have your heart set on one, I'll build the prototype for you, just be ready to shell out lots of long green, 'cause it won't be cheap!!!

In case your wondering, yes I can!!!

http://www.kitcarmag.com/fe...h_replica/index.html

The darkest hour,
never comes at night. Joe

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Nostalgic indiscretions.

For 2010.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

For 2010.

Because I'm bored and I want to see something original.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Because I'm bored and I want to see something original.

Crack open the checkbook and I'll get started.

Joe
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
man I wish I had a check book to crack open i'd be all over it if i had the money now. but you know if you were to build it people would buy it. just like if you were to build a kit car of the car from the movie the wraith. I know the turbo intercepter was a real car an i belive there is one person trying to make a kit out of itbut those are to cars that would sell if you made the stuff.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I totally forgot about the wraith movie car...wow that would make a cool kit for a fiero...maybe shorten the rear just a few inches

http://www.thewraithcar.com/index.html
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
We had two M12's here for a car show last fall both were for sale and had been for a while by the same dealer. One was the red white and blue painted flag car.

One of the drivers about toasted the clutch driving in. They were ok but the Bugatti Veryon drew a bigger crowd. We evenhad two Spykers too. Boy are they ugly.
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Can you say.... Camaro?

I was thinking Supra.....but i think camaro works better.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
On the back burner, but not forgotten.

Vinny
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Good reason for a bump
P Mag V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for P Mag V8Send a Private Message to P Mag V8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cnander51:

If my memory is correct, volkswagen made a car called a fox that was fwd and longitudinal. Before subaru made all of its models all wheel drive, they also made fwd longitudinally mounted engines. The volkswagen was an inline 4 and the subaru was a flat 4.

Early Intrepids were logitudal FWD...My memory may be wrong...
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Personally, that's the prettiest butt I've seen since Halle Berry!

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post

This is the one from MeadowBrook a couple weeks ago - quite a flat windshield!

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Personally, that's the prettiest butt I've seen since Halle Berry!

I wonder how on earth can a person find those rear tail lamps.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
i wish someone would make a replica it would be epic. wishfull thinking should never die
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

LILnochie84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LILnochie84Send a Private Message to LILnochie84Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

New 2007 WX8:

hot conceptualization:

Wow... Nice.

[This message has been edited by LILnochie84 (edited 03-15-2011).]

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

New 2007 WX8:

hot conceptualization:

OMG.... I think I am in love..... SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Dang, "wedgey" cars are HOT!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
The WX8 kinda looks like a 4th gen camaro and a Fiero got some lovin goin on.
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
i dig the headlights....anyone ever think of doing something similar to a fiero?
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
i like how the front tires are tucked inside the fender. very nice
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock