Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Help about a fiero I just sold asap (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Help about a fiero I just sold asap by ANTEC900
Started on: 06-17-2011 04:45 PM
Replies: 131
Last post by: Marine1981 on 07-16-2011 07:51 PM
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
I just txt that guy about the car to see what was up. He said he wanted $4,000.00 for the car and the motor!

**Edit for Page 4 OWNAGE!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 07-15-2011).]

IP: Logged
slicknick

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickDirect Link to This Post
Someone go buy it, short him on the cash, and say it blew up on the way home. Sweet justice...
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Or go take it for a test drive and see if it'll do 80 in 1st and blow it up for real!
Then hand back the keys and say "NOW ...it's blown up"

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 07-15-2011).]

ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

Someone go buy it, short him on the cash, and say it blew up on the way home. Sweet justice...

The best part is that it's not too hard to re-con a con artist... That would be karma.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim_Martin29:

For future reference, for the younger guys out there who have not learned these life lessons yet.

If you are selling a car and a buyer really what the car but "doesn't have enough money at the time" take what he has and promise to "hold the car" until he has the balance. That means you park it in a safe place, don't drive it, and don't let anyone else in it. If anyone else offers money for it you have to say no. When he pays the balance you sign the title over to him and say goodbye. If he damages the vehicle on the way home it's on him.

Never let a vehicle go unless you have full payment and sign the title over to him. If someone goes crazy and does a hit-a-run or robs a store while driving your car, which is still titled to you, the police will be looking for YOU!

The only thing I would add to this is, when you get the deposit, you give a bill of sale specifying the sale amount, the amount paid, and set a DEADLINE for when the balance has to be paid. Specify that the deposit is forfeited if the balance is not paid by the cutoff date. You have the buyer sign it, and retain a copy.

Also, if you *don't* get cash up front for the full amount, and decide to let the car go anyway, make sure you're willing to accept it if they don't pay you the balance, because sure as hell, they won't.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I just sent they guy on Craigslist a nasty email. If anything, just to make me feel better. I also clicked on the "mark as spam" in the CL page, if enough do that, it will get automatically pulled down

Here is the ad, in case it does get pulled.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Doing some searching, he has recently sold an S-10.

He currently has a woodchipper for sale
http://tippecanoe.craigslis.../grd/2413375238.html

Corvette Rims for sale:
http://indiana.inetgiant.co...yette-in-350/7258296

a MyTouch 3g Slide:
http://tippecanoe.craigslis.../mob/2413363568.html

If you want to contact Jon Savage via email: Jon22_21@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-15-2011).]

ANTEC900

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ANTEC900Send a Private Message to ANTEC900Direct Link to This Post
Thanks to all who tried to help me
but nothing I can do at this point because he has the title and the car
But I hope karma gets him lol
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
I flagged it as well, as far as I know, that car is stolen.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I got a lovely email back from him:

You sir don't have a ****ing clue what your talking about. I bought the car it didn't even make it home I had to put a new motor in it. I've got about 3200 wrapped up in it. So no your ***t b4 you email someone!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-16-2011).]

Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

The only thing I would add to this is, when you get the deposit, you give a bill of sale specifying the sale amount, the amount paid, and set a DEADLINE for when the balance has to be paid. Specify that the deposit is forfeited if the balance is not paid by the cutoff date. You have the buyer sign it, and retain a copy.

Also, if you *don't* get cash up front for the full amount, and decide to let the car go anyway, make sure you're willing to accept it if they don't pay you the balance, because sure as hell, they won't.

Excellent advice, always get signed paperwork that explains everything clearly.
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
If he had to put a new motor in it why didn't he just put that 3800 in it? Whole situation sucks in my opinion.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock