Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone still have a car at Fast Fieros? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone still have a car at Fast Fieros? by mptighe
Started on: 04-17-2011 02:59 AM
Replies: 97
Last post by: mptighe on 05-13-2011 02:05 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:
...If bmwguru all of a sudden had one of these sales, I would certainly want to know considering my car and quite a few of my parts are at his shop. I would at least want to have the heads up. Bmwguru hasn't done ANY of the stuff Loyde has, or had the drama, and I would still want to know. I'm not sure why this concept is so hard to understand, and warrants an argument. Thanks for the unintentional bump.

Would you? Really?
Dave's work and reputation are impeccable. If whodeanie wasn't right up the road from me, Dave would probably be my next choice if I needed anything done that I couldn't do myself.
Of course, I've been here a bit longer than you have (that's NOT a dig) and have had more time to become familiar with what he's been doing. But I would trust him without any qualms whatsoever.

My only dealing with Loyde was a radio I purchased using Paypal. Got it in a couple of days. (He does have racks and racks full of parts.)
Would I do business with him now? No way in hell.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Would you? Really?

Actually, yeah. After being ripped off by other people I would want to know for sure. I know Dave's ethics are spotless. I would never doubt him at this point, as far as intentionally doing something to steal from me. However on a long enough time-line bad things happen to everyone. You never know if someone is going to have an accident, face a terminal disease, or go through something like a nasty divorce. Life-altering events can happen to anyone. I'd want to know if Dave was suddenly selling everything off, if for no other reason than to see if he is ok, and if I could do anything to help. However, I would also make sure my things are secure and see if I needed to make arrangements to retrieve them.

Loyde's site didn't say selling off extra parts, it said selling off all cars and parts. That should concern anyone with cars and/or parts there, especially given his track record.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Every crook seems to have a sidekick. Lloyde is nothing but the lowest form of scumbag...a thief. And yes there are two sides to every story, but there's not much of a story that can explain Will's car sitting there for as long as it has, and him unable to get it back. If I had anything there, I would be concerned about this "sale".

This is so out of character for you Hulki. What's up with that? Your other posts are not nice. What happened to the Hulki from a year ago? Whats up with worshiping the ground Archie walks on? He is just another business person that provides a service good or bad. Man this forum is going down hill. When I joined it wasnt all this bashing. People chill out.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 05-04-2011).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Will can't get his car back? Now I read that a guy by the name of Charlie got his car back so what is keeping Will from getting his car back? I mean it has been how long? If you own somthing and want it back then it is simple enough...>You take the needed steps and you go gets your stuff...Now getting the money back you invested in it that might be a little harder but to get the physical property back...that is pretty simple...

You know, I have always questioned this issue and now I'm wondering if there is some legal or personal issue that no one knows about on this forum. I really don't understand why Will cannot just simply go and get his car. I have questioned that before and even Hulki mentioned it in one of his posts earlier. There has GOT to be more to this "Will's car" thing than this forum is seeing. He could very easily just go by and pick it up....especially now, but he hasn't. Something isn't adding up here.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I got the impression that Will doesn't want the car back because it's completely trashed and not worth restoring/repairing, much less investing a lot of money and time into to make it what he once dreamed it would be. I'm betting that he's basically moved on to other projects, rather than be anchored to 2,000 lbs of scrap metal in a tiny town far north of Dallas.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I got the impression that Will doesn't want the car back because it's completely trashed and not worth restoring/repairing, much less investing a lot of money and time into to make it what he once dreamed it would be. I'm betting that he's basically moved on to other projects, rather than be anchored to 2,000 lbs of scrap metal in a tiny town far north of Dallas.

Not going to speak for Will, but he gave me a slightly different impression. If he was going to go the legal route to try to get his money back, it might be better to leave it in Loyde's hands so that there's no doubt of who caused the damage or when or where. Again, I'm just speculating, and could be totally wrong, but this makes sense to me. I did nudge him to get in touch with Charlie to get the info from him about how he got his car back. I haven't asked since.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Will can't get his car back? Now I read that a guy by the name of Charlie got his car back so what is keeping Will from getting his car back? I mean it has been how long? If you own somthing and want it back then it is simple enough...>You take the needed steps and you go gets your stuff...Now getting the money back you invested in it that might be a little harder but to get the physical property back...that is pretty simple...

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

You know, I have always questioned this issue and now I'm wondering if there is some legal or personal issue that no one knows about on this forum. I really don't understand why Will cannot just simply go and get his car. I have questioned that before and even Hulki mentioned it in one of his posts earlier. There has GOT to be more to this "Will's car" thing than this forum is seeing. He could very easily just go by and pick it up....especially now, but he hasn't. Something isn't adding up here.

I have never post anything in this type of thread because I am not involve but I always wonder why Will never went and got his car. I can understand hoping against hope that everything will be squared away but there are too many talented/gifted venders here that could get that car up and running again. To allow it to set in someone's "field" and rot it just does not make sense to me. I'll would get my car if nothing more than to sell it after all it is chopped!!

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 05-05-2011).]

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:
I have never post anything in this type of thread because I am not involve but I always wonder why Will never went and got his car. I can understand hoping against hope that everything will be squared away but there are too many talented/gifted venders here that could get that car up and running again. To allow it to set in someone's "field" and rot it just does not make sense to me. I'll would get my car if nothing more than to sell it after all it is chopped!!

A totally trashed car that isn't drivable isn't particularly useful to just go get back. With that kind of investment, it is better to try and get real money instead. Depending on the condition of the car, it might be cheaper to just buy another one and get it chopped, instead of fixing the trashed one. Probably better to leave it as proof, and work on getting the $15K + damages through legal means.

Besides, nobody in this thread has any idea about why Lloyde is selling everything. It is plausible that such a sale would be to acquire funds for paying debts, from court order; whether it be for this case, or another. Unless he's going to come on here and say why he's doing it, there's really no point in arguing about it. And there isn't much point speculating about the process Will is/was going through to get his money and car.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Not going to speak for Will, but he gave me a slightly different impression. If he was going to go the legal route to try to get his money back, it might be better to leave it in Loyde's hands so that there's no doubt of who caused the damage or when or where. Again, I'm just speculating, and could be totally wrong, but this makes sense to me. I did nudge him to get in touch with Charlie to get the info from him about how he got his car back. I haven't asked since.

That makes more sense, thanks for the clarification.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt call the car trashed as I have bought many Tx cars that have sat for many many years. They were sunfaded, clear cloat peeling and interior warped but far from trashed. Who really knows why the car is still sitting there...well there are at least 2 people who do....
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
I don't know who the people are that is being talked about but I was curious what is the Fast fieros mentioned? Is it like a race shop or a group of Fiero owners or what?

I was just curious..
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I don't know who the people are that is being talked about but I was curious what is the Fast fieros mentioned? Is it like a race shop or a group of Fiero owners or what?

I was just curious..

Look here!!!
http://www.fastfieros.com/
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Look here!!!
http://www.fastfieros.com/

Make sure you search the forum too.... Research is necessary when looking at vendors
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Make sure you search the forum too.... Research is necessary when looking at vendors

Right...really have to watch for those that pop up on the Forum needing help with a botched 4.9 swap....then all of a sudden has a performance shop that is doing Fiero engine swaps...
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Right...really have to watch for those that pop up on the Forum needing help with a botched 4.9 swap....then all of a sudden has a performance shop that is doing Fiero engine swaps...

You got that right!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

This is so out of character for you Hulki. What's up with that? Your other posts are not nice. What happened to the Hulki from a year ago? Whats up with worshiping the ground Archie walks on? He is just another business person that provides a service good or bad. Man this forum is going down hill. When I joined it wasnt all this bashing. People chill out.

This is not out of character for me when it comes to Mstangs. He bashed Archie all of the time, yet defends another vendor who is a crook. And yes, I will call Lloyd a crook because it's been proven many times on here that he has taken money for services and not delivered. Yet Mstangs will defend the crook because they are friends. And I don't worship the ground Archie walks on, because honestly I personally wouldn't deal with him. BUT, people pay for services from him, THAT HE DELIVERS. So how can you bash someone who delivers what people pay for, yet defend someone who takes the money and runs? Mstangs and I have had our go arounds for a couple years, this is not new.
Ruffy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

You must read a little bit more into it. Hulki is still a good person! In fact i love reading his posts because they make sense and he gets to a good point. Solo you need to read the post about Will and him trying to get his car back. For Gods sake he found his car with trees growing out of it sitting outside in the hot texas sun!!! Will is more man then me because i would of been knocking on that door with questions face to face with the worthless crook pissing his pants.

As for Hulki. Bro i wouldnt post in this section anymore. Your beating a dead horse. Dont lower yourself to this BS. Mstang still stands by his bud even though he knows about what Will went through.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Happy Friday the 13th!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock