Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Probably the dumbest question ever... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Probably the dumbest question ever... by zefferk
Started on: 01-13-2011 05:15 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: zefferk on 01-19-2011 02:38 AM
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Okay, so ever since I joined the fold a year ago I've wondered what the "bump" was all about...what it meant. I had hoped to figure it out over time, but have failed to do so at this point. Therefore I am putting my pride to the side and raising my hand to ask...

What does "BUMP" mean here??????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Fieros' have this special exotic type of steering, it's call "bump steering"

*bump* is used to exclaim to the masses how much you love this type of steering*.
(that's a lie...)

*Bump* --> Not just foundhere, *bump* is found on many forums...That's when a thread is going to go off the page, you *bump* it back to the top.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 01-13-2011).]

kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
It simply refers to "bumping" the particular topic you are reading to the top of the page, in case and/or because you want other to read your most recent response. Hope this assists you.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 01-13-2011).]

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

Okay, so ever since I joined the fold a year ago I've wondered what the "bump" was all about...what it meant. I had hoped to figure it out over time, but have failed to do so at this point. Therefore I am putting my pride to the side and raising my hand to ask...

What does "BUMP" mean here??????

First just let me say, LMAO!!! alright, now that I have that out of my system a bump is when someone wants to keep an article going and therefore they post "BUMP". It will then show up as the most recent article with a Comment, reply, Post... whatever...\

good luck, and for what its worth...

BUMP!!! XD
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
*bump*

Make sure you set your thread settings so it sends you an email notification each time someone replies!

(Tomorrow, I'll explain what *beep* means...)

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 01-13-2011).]

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
My 88 doesn't have bump steer I believe...maybe that's why I didn't get it....

Thanks for the lesson!
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

*bump*

Make sure you set your thread settings so it sends you an email notification each time someone replies!

How do you do that?

The Riv
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

How do you do that?

BigGuyTinyCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigGuyTinyCarSend a Private Message to BigGuyTinyCarDirect Link to This Post
Another one you'll see is "TTT" which means "to the top"
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Thanks.

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

My 88 doesn't have bump steer I believe...maybe that's why I didn't get it....
!

With explanations like this, maybe you should post more. You made me laugh.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-13-2011).]

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Can I bump myself? If so....BUMP! TTT! and whatever else works...
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Sure! You can bump yourself, just don't do it too frequently... forums frown on bumping more than once a day... grin.. that sounds so naughty!

Oh, don't forget, if anybody replies, it also bumps the topic up to the top!! Like I just did... heh!

------------------

pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoDirect Link to This Post

Can I bump myself? If so....BUMP! TTT! and whatever else works...

You can go blind if you bump yourself too often.

[This message has been edited by pdemondo (edited 01-14-2011).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Nope not the dumbest question ever.....if you do a search for "stupid question" you get this:

Question: Fiero's engine in the trunk or front hood ? Really stupid answer !! (by CoolBlue87GT, started: 04-09-2010, last post: 2010-04-09 23:33:07 CEST)
Found this in http://www.chacha.com/quest...n-the-trunk-or-hoodA person is asking this question:Q: Does a Pontiac Fiero have the engine in the trunk or hood Some guy answers with this response:A: The engine for the Pontiac Fiero is located in the front hood of the car.

So you can see, your's is not too dumb at all. Keep asking, lots of answers in here.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 01-14-2011).]

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
I feel like Einstein compared to that question! You're right, that takes the cake.

BTW, I'll refrain from Bumping too often...
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
BTTT
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Don't feel bad about dumb questions. I was on a job once and the guy had something called a Boxster ' spelling?;

Anyway with the trunk open and the hood open I could not see an engine anywhere!! But yet the car ran.

I guess you now know what the next ? was.
http://news.drive.com.au/ph...r/20091106-i0zi.html

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 01-14-2011).]

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigGuyTinyCar:

Another one you'll see is "TTT" which means "to the top"

Or "BTT", back to top.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Your question wasn't dumb. I remember way back in the day when someone told me "There is no such thing as a dumb question" but in the past few years I heard an addendum "but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Bump.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

*bump*

Oh, that's evil!

*beep*
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Your question wasn't dumb. I remember way back in the day when someone told me "There is no such thing as a dumb question" but in the past few years I heard an addendum "but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."

LOL!! Classic!

And I prefer "Alley-Oop!" occasionally, instead of Bump. (But then, I'm strange. Ask anyone. )

And let me be the first to say (at least in this thread) "Welcome to our obsession!"

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fastback

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Ya, I find the real idiots are those who know they don't know what they are doing, but refuse to find out what they need to know...just look to Washington, D.C.

I've always said that it is better to know what you don't know then to know what you do...

My obsession with these cars is hitting critical mass...I only dream FIERO.................................
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Here's a dumb question. How do I stop the email notifications after I subscribe to a topic?

The Riv
zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
I read in one thread that you can go to your preferences and delete the thread, but I can't seem to see how that works. What you can do is go to your profile and modify it so you don't allow the moderator to email you with stuff. Set that select button to "NO" and that should keep you from getting any emails. The only problem is that if someone does reply to something you want to know you'll have to check manually.

Hopefully Cliff will enlighten us on how to just remove one thread from our subscriptions...
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

I read in one thread that you can go to your preferences and delete the thread, but I can't seem to see how that works. What you can do is go to your profile and modify it so you don't allow the moderator to email you with stuff. Set that select button to "NO" and that should keep you from getting any emails. The only problem is that if someone does reply to something you want to know you'll have to check manually.

Hopefully Cliff will enlighten us on how to just remove one thread from our subscriptions...

Nevermind, I answered my own dumb question. Just back to top of the topic and hit unsubscribe.

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
I guess I couldn't see this option since I started the thread...oh, well...now we all know and isn't that half the battle?
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
C'mon everyone, gimmie some room.. Everyone keeps BUMPING into me.. lol.. HEY! .. someone grabbed my ass! Rumor, did you grab my ass? Its ok if you did, just make sure you tell me..

*Bump* Damnit!.. *bump* Ow!..

Hey! *Bump* Ouch, hey man becarfu.. *bump* Son-of-a!

Ok guys cmon enoughs enou.. *grab* HEY! who grabbed my ass again! This isnt funn.. *bump* DAMNIT!

Ok thats it im getting out of he..*Bump* Damn my foot! Hey! Ok, wheres my wallet? Whos the funny guy who stole my wallet!

You guys suck!..

lol
zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Jonesy, I think your getting to close to the animals here...

Oh crap, who just pinched my rear??!?!?!?!?!?!?
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
its hard not to.. They're all animals around here! lol..

Oh and that was me that got yer butt.. sorry, its a bad habit of mine.
zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
If you're female...okay.

If your a dude, well let's keep it to manly pats on the bottom please...Ouch!!! Dang it! There you go again!

[This message has been edited by zefferk (edited 01-16-2011).]

hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmDirect Link to This Post
I did not realize at first what "bump" meant either
I do not beeping text and prefer to spell out things but I do need to know what people are saying.

How many ways can you say fornicate?

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Okay, so now I'll have to ask what does BEEP mean? Someone up above said that they'd fill me in on it but that has yet to happen...

Other than #@*$ (hear a beep....) to indicate cussing, I'm at a loss...
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmDirect Link to This Post
it is that simple.
What the "beep" else could it mean you "beep" "beep" stupid mother "beeper"?
(that was a joke.... really)

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Well Beep Beep it! I wish some Beep Beep member would have just Beep told me that in the Beep first place. I feel like a Beep!

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
I think roadrunner just cussed me out. No wonder coyote was always chasing his beep.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Okay, so now I'll have to ask what does BEEP mean? Someone up above said that they'd fill me in on it but that has yet to happen...

Other than #@*$ (hear a beep....) to indicate cussing, I'm at a loss...

Sorry, it's not Tomorrow yet!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 01-17-2011).]

zefferk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow, tomorrow....it's always tomorrow....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock