Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Petey II: The rebuild of a Formula (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Petey II: The rebuild of a Formula by Hulki U. My-BFF
Started on: 12-29-2010 04:45 PM
Replies: 99
Last post by: Tomski on 09-20-2011 07:53 AM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Don't you still have that carpet Andy? Use those!

Edit: Page three ownage WOO!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 04-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Don't you still have that carpet Andy? Use those!

Edit: Page three ownage WOO!

Nah, I can't do that to PK. But if he doesn't get them soon, I'll be paying you for them and putting them in my car.
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandDirect Link to This Post
IS it me or is that seat totally wrong? My condolences on the seats. I agree about the PO. Looks like he may be related to my car's PO.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J-Holland:

IS it me or is that seat totally wrong? My condolences on the seats. I agree about the PO. Looks like he may be related to my car's PO.

Wrong in what way? That's a normal grey coupe/formula seat for you. Only GT's had the different seats in 88.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandDirect Link to This Post
OK, I guess I'm just used to the seats in the 85s and 86s. The seats in both of my SEs, my 85 Econo as well as my 86 GT just look different, at least in the head rest area. It could be worse...the PO could have used a OD green T-shirt for a seat cover on the seat back.

The GT loses it's seats (and the T-shirt) on Saturday when I get a new pair from my mechanic. I have to remember to take the Pegasus shields off as well as the leather strips in order to put them on my seat covers. Have a good week all.

[This message has been edited by J-Holland (edited 04-11-2011).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Nah, I can't do that to PK. But if he doesn't get them soon, I'll be paying you for them and putting them in my car.

Hey Andy Not backing out on your or anything but if you do need them go head and use them. I would hate to ruin good carpets when there needed as when i get them I'm most likely going to cut them in half just so they cover my footing area in my Formula. so if you need them go head and use them I'll just grab sh*tty ones from the junk yard. But if not I'll take them.. or your old ones for that matter

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
There was a thread a day or so ago, about using Resolve spot and stain remover with a medium-bristle brush and a power washer to clean the trunk carpet, might try that before scrapping the carpet altogether? Great thread so far!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

There was a thread a day or so ago, about using Resolve spot and stain remover with a medium-bristle brush and a power washer to clean the trunk carpet, might try that before scrapping the carpet altogether? Great thread so far!

Yeah that was JohnWPB's thread. I tried using Resolve but I'm not sure it was the right one, but I'm still going tomreplace the carpet because there are two burn spots back there as well. It looked as though there might have been an amp power wire back there that got grounded out and burnt into the carpet. I kind of know what that looks like because I did it in an old Camaro I had.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to post a few catch-up pictures since it's been a while. I've replaced the broken old fender with a decent one, as well as replaced the front bumper with one that wasn't torn. Although it does have plenty of spiderweb in the paint.

I also replaced my courtesy lights inside with LEDs. What a huge difference in brightness, and my goal is to replace most all of the lights on the car with LED.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
This weekend I managed to squeeze in some time for Petey. I started by replacing the gauge faces with the glow overlays that I had bought off of Ebay a while back:

Also, I have had those valve covers and the upper intake that I painted way back when. I finally took the entire day today to replace them. While having the intakes and valve covers off, I took the opportunity to change the plugs and wires, as well as install the low temp fan switch I got with Rodney.

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Looks much much better. How did the engine look under the valve covers?
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Awesome! Looks much much better. How did the engine look under the valve covers?

It didn't really look too bad, though it could use a Seafoam treatment. There is a layer of deposit on the pushrods, rockers, and pretty much everything under the valve covers. But not real bad. The next step will be to remove the engine bay insulation and pressure wash the engine bay. Then it will be on to the front suspension for new poly, ball joints, and some paint for the control arms.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Looks great! You're making me want to buy the white 88 Formula for sale in town. It's in really rough shape and the guy wants too much for it.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
65 Chevrolet Corvair: 110 4 speed project car

Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Andy. Can't wait to see it in person.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Finally, time has been made to do some more work to Petey in the form of rebuilding the front end. This includes new poly bushings for both upper and lower control arms, new shocks, new sway bar end links, and new upper and lower ball joints. Working side by side with my work buddy, we have been tackling this job together. He disassembled the entire left side suspension more or less by himself. I only assisted in breaking the LCA bolts loose.

So proud of his mess!

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Did you get lowering ball joints or no? Because those sway bar end links look longer then I remember. and you call that dirty hands? HA!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Nope, did not use the lowering ball joints. The reason those end links look so tall is because is that picture, nothing was tightened or torqued at that point. Everything was just on hand tight. Good eye.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Now with the front suspension all back together, this car rides 100% better. It handles superbly, much better than it was before. So with the front done, I turned my focus to the back of the car a little. The trailing arms on the car look like someone put jack stands under them and set the car down. They were bent pretty bad. But mattwa had sent me a set way back when it was still cold out, I just never got the chance to put them on until today.

Old bent arms

New arms in place

The dizzy was also looking pretty foul, rusted, and miserable, so I replaced it with the new Cardone that I had sitting on the shelf, all with a brand new GM ignition module as well. I didn't get pictures of the new one, but here's what the old one looked like:

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
JACKPOT! I had the driver's seat out while I was replacing the lower door sill trim and adjusting the brake warning switch, and uncovered a trove of buried treasure.

$2.55 in change
5/8" deep well 3/8" drive socket
BIC lighter
assorted screws
a red BIC pen
a 2009 expired VISA debit card.
Tomski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TomskiSend a Private Message to TomskiDirect Link to This Post

lol chevy chase bank
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock